18 (20%)
Transcending Time
9 (10%)
Awaken The Master
9 (10%)
A View from The Top Of The World
26 (28.9%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Author Topic: Fav Song From The New Album  (Read 3140 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Fav Song From The New Album
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2021, 07:51:21 AM »
I'm the only one who likes Monster?  Seriously???
Of course not.  It's just not my favorite.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline erciccio

Re: Fav Song From The New Album
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2021, 08:06:49 AM »
Sleeping Giant (7.5/10) - I really love the chorus, the main syncopated riff and the "secondary" riff, I just find the instrumental part a bit boring, and as mentioned elsewhere I really really hate the arrangement below the first verse
Invisible Monster (7/10) - I love the main riff and the chorus, again a bit disappointed by the verses and by the instrumental section, even though a few bars of JP's solos are cool
The Alien (7/10) - some very nice moments, especially the melodic sections, but again the instrumental section is not so interesting..
Answering the call (6.5/10) - nothing special in there, but nothing bad...I like the unison, even though it's nothing really new.
A view from the top of the world (5/10) -  a total miss for me; I only like the "mozartesque section" and the riff at approx 15'.
Trascending Time (4.5/10) - the chorus and the solo unfortunately destroy the song for me..
Awaken the Master (4/10)-  I think this song proves why guitars do not need 8 strings....I like the verses melody, but all the rest is just not my cup of tea. One of the worst DT songs ever, for my taste
Ora che ho perso la vista,ci vedo di pił