13 (7.5%)
50% It's possible, I certainly hope so
24 (13.9%)
25% If Roth could return to VH, anything is possible
54 (31.2%)
0% Will NEVER happen
71 (41%)

Total Members Voted: 173

Author Topic: YOUR pct of chances that MP EVER returns to DT  (Read 15030 times)

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
Re: YOUR pct of chances that MP EVER returns to DT
« Reply #280 on: August 19, 2021, 09:49:23 AM »
I'm 6'3" 240 lbs.  I crap bigger than all of em.  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #281 on: August 19, 2021, 09:54:09 AM »
Since we’re talking about heights again, I wanted to point out that David Prater saw JLB as physically intimidating (from the book) and in one interview recently JLB said “I thought I was big until I met Alex Lifeson”. You 6’2” freaks aren’t in touch with reality for normal sized people.

Alex is "only" 6'0", though, no?   Or was he - JLB - joking about the rest of DT?   Neil was taller, like 6'4", though, right?

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #282 on: August 19, 2021, 11:21:47 AM »
Since we’re talking about heights again, I wanted to point out that David Prater saw JLB as physically intimidating (from the book) and in one interview recently JLB said “I thought I was big until I met Alex Lifeson”. You 6’2” freaks aren’t in touch with reality for normal sized people.

Alex is "only" 6'0", though, no?   Or was he - JLB - joking about the rest of DT?   Neil was taller, like 6'4", though, right?

I think JLB may also have been referencing Alex's overall build, not sure.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #283 on: August 19, 2021, 06:19:28 PM »
I'm about 6 feet even, and have met the band multiple times.  None of them are physically intimidating, other than JP's beard.

Was not intimidated by his beard. I was intimidated by Mangini's enthusiasm though.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #284 on: August 26, 2021, 03:51:10 PM »
I'm about 6 feet even, and have met the band multiple times.  None of them are physically intimidating, other than JP's beard.
That's JLB in the beginning though, with the kind of broad shoulders and an intense face when he's not smiling and the hair adding to his height. Time has softened up his mannerisms and appearance quite a bit! I also remember MP saying JMX intimidated him in the beginning and JMX is like an inch taller than MP, it was all in the vibes.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Kram

« Reply #285 on: August 27, 2021, 03:13:34 PM »
I've met both Alex and JLB (not at the same time obviously) - and I would say they're about the same height - I'm 5'9", and they both had a couple of inches on me - so I'd say 5"11" - 6'.  The point is Lifeson was not some huge dude (or much bigger than JLB), so not sure why he'd say that.