Author Topic: THE WARNING: New 3-piece Hard Rock Band of Sisters v "Keep Me Fed" 6/28/24  (Read 13659 times)

Online SoundscapeMN

Re: THE WARNING: New 3-piece Hard Rock Band of Sisters
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2021, 10:54:09 PM »
I'd love to see them, but I think I'd have to travel during a time when I'll be pretty busy with work.

I think their new EP is digital only, but I understand it to be the first half of their next album, which will hopefully get a physical release. I bought it on iTunes and definitely don't regret it.

Yeah, Mayday is their first label release. The label decided to put out half of the album now as a teaser and the whole thing is supposed to be released sometime next year.

The first 2 albums are independent releases that they supply themselves. I had to wait months to get my copies as they were getting a fresh batch made up in Minnesota. Since those 2 albums they signed a 5 album deal so going forward their new music should be more readily available once the label stops letting Covid drive their thinking. They do offer uncompressed downloads of the old albums on their site. Almost all the way at the bottom on the homepage. Not sure that is your thing, but thought I'd mention it.

There 1st 2 albums were repressed in Minnesota?..interesting. I'll have to mention that to a co-worker of mine. While I do enjoy them, this co-worker of mine has become competely obsessed with The Warning.  He just got his VIP tickets for the Minneapolis show on February 1st per a Presale code he got through their Patreon.

He's on their Patreon, goes to their discord channel regularly, and knows more or less eveything about all 3 of them.

The last couple of days he's been bugging me to get a ticket. I may, alhough the club it's at, The Fine Line Music Cafe, I'm hardly thrilled with per my wife and I just saw Mayer Hawthorne there a few weeks ago and most of the show, there were people babbling on incredibly loudly I had to move away from them frequently during the show. And I've had that experience previously at The Fine Line, per what I believe happens are people go to these clubs to SOCIALIZE and don't really care that much about the artist they paid money to get into the club to see, lol.

The Fine Line's seating is limited to an upstairs balcony area, and I would imagine if the seating is not sold out from Presales like he bought, it will (I tend to want seating per my back tends to bother me when standing for over 90 minutes in 1 place).

So I may have to pass. I'm unsure. They do have a Vaccine policy, however during the Mayer Hawthorne show, a lot of people were not wearing masks of course. Plus it's on a weeknight in downtown where the crime rates have been pretty bad of course.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2021, 11:46:45 PM »
I always cringe when I see bands I like coming to Vancouver to play.  We suck.

Unless it's hip-hop or rap or poop nobody here gives a damn and I'd hate it if bands come here once and then say "never again"... which is pretty much what happens.  They will go to Calgary/Edmonton and then skip Vancouver and go right to Seattle.

NB - Not a typo.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2021, 08:46:12 AM »

There 1st 2 albums were repressed in Minnesota?..interesting.

Yep. As a heavy Discogs user I have become well versed in pressing plants. They used the ADS Group there. ADS is used by a lot of independent artists and small labels. Many of my recent albums have come out of ADS.

https://theadsgroup.com/

I actually added the represses of both albums to Discogs once I had them in hand.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 09:14:26 AM by ProfessorPeart »
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2021, 09:09:14 AM »
I think I may pay the overpriced shipping and order the CD from their site.  Who knows--could become one of those highly sought after rarities if they hit it big and do a formal label re-pressing later. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline pg1067

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2021, 09:56:18 AM »
I might check out the Santa Ana show.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2021, 10:01:10 AM »
Listening to another live show while at work.  Some of their vocal harmonies really remind me of Drain STH.  I wonder if there is any influence, or if it is just coincidence.  I also hear a lot of Doro Pesch in Dany's vocal delivery.

I really like the punk influences and swagger of some of their older material that you get in those live videos.  But I also like the modern sound from some of the newer songs like Choke and Disciple (which are both WAY better than Evolve, IMO).
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 10:32:02 AM by bosk1 »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2022, 08:28:56 PM »
bump.

their Winter tour was supposed to kickoff this week (1/18 in San Diego), but it's now been pushed back to the Spring.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2022, 08:59:42 PM »
Have to say, a late April show in Chicago is much more appealing than the first week of February. I'm okay with this.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2022, 09:26:54 AM »
https://tidal.com/rising

30 minute documentary piece there, of all places, Jay-Z's streaming platform.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2022, 11:37:35 AM »
Oh man, this reminded me that the Chicago was supposed to happen last night. That would have been a disaster with the storm. I was out clearing my driveway when I should have been on my way to the show.

Very happy about the postponement now.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2022, 08:52:23 PM »
Gave these albums a good listen today, as much as I can give anything a good listen while digging a trench. The first I thought was not much more than OK, I enjoyed the second much more.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2022, 11:09:41 PM »
Was waiting for a performance of Z. Ale's bass on this is just monstrous. Such a groove. Dany with a little solo as well. This track has been a favorite ever since the EP came out.

https://youtu.be/lcLuB2xLl-8

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2022, 09:06:20 AM »
The Warning is touring with Halestorm and Pretty Reckless

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/halestorm-and-the-pretty-reckless-announce-summer-2022-u-s-tour-blabbermouth-net-presale/

ul. 08 - Detroit, MI - Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre at Freedom Hill (buy tickets)
Jul. 10 - Kansas City, MO - Starlight Theatre (buy tickets)
Jul. 12 - Indianapolis, IN - TCU Amphitheater at White River State Park (buy tickets)
Jul. 13 - Cleveland, OH - Blossom Music Center (buy tickets)
Jul. 15 - Cadott, WI - RockFest (festival date)
Jul. 17 - Baltimore, MD - Pier Six Pavilion+ (buy tickets)
Jul. 19 - Boston, MA - Leader Bank Pavilion (buy tickets)
Jul. 20 - Bridgeport, CT - Hartford HealthCare Amphitheater (buy tickets)
Jul. 22 - Harrington, DE - DE State Fair (festival date)
Jul. 23 - Scranton, PA - The Pavilion at Montage Mountain (buy tickets)
Jul. 25 - Gilford, NH - Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion+ (buy tickets)
Jul. 27 - Syracuse, NY - St. Joseph's Health Amphitheater at Lakeview (buy tickets)
Jul. 28 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center+ (buy tickets)
Jul. 30 - Charlotte, NC - Charlotte Metro Credit Union Amphitheatre (buy tickets)
Aug. 02 - Irving, TX - The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory (buy tickets)
Aug. 04 - Albuquerque, NM - Isleta Amphitheater (buy tickets)
Aug. 05 - Phoenix, AZ - Arizona Federal Theatre (buy tickets)
Aug. 07 - Grand Junction, CO - Los Colonias Amphitheater* (buy tickets)
Aug. 09 - Oklahoma City, OK - Zoo Amphitheatre* (buy tickets)
Aug. 10 - Rogers, AR - Walmart AMP (buy tickets)
Aug. 12 - Portsmouth, VA - Atlantic Union Bank Pavilion+ (buy tickets)

Offline PetFish

« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2022, 06:34:01 PM »
This is a great lineup.

Even though my interest in Halestorm is waning bigly for the last two albums, my interest in The Pretty Reckless has grown.  The track with Soundgarden is amazing.

Then add The Warning to it and it's a yummy recipe.  Dani gives me a major Lzzy vibe but the way she was 10 years ago.

But, they aren't coming anywhere near me so I guess I'm out of luck again (DT with Arch Echo was another dream show that didn't happen for me).

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2022, 09:49:11 AM »
That's actually a pretty weird tour itinerary in that they are skipping NYC and the entire west coast. 

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2022, 10:36:28 AM »
Talking about weird, Halestorm is playing Summerfest in Milwaukee on July 7th, then all 3 bands are playing Michgan on the 8th and then The Pretty Reckless and The Warning are both playing the same stage at Summerfest on the 9th.

As much I would like to see that tour, I'm just happy to catch The Warning's headline show in Chicago on 4/28. I've seen Halestorm a few times and The Pretty Reckless once when they opened for Halestorm. Lzzy actually tipped me off to both of those bands by calling them out on her socials.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2022, 10:47:33 AM »
I'm tentatively going to see The Warning on May 26.  The venue is a small club and an even smaller room within that club.  According to a guy at my office, his daughter's high school band played there, so the capacity sounds like it's going to be REALLY small.  The interesting thing is that the venue's website says tickets are $20, but when you click the link to buy, it takes you to Live Nation, and the only thing available is a $97 (plus fees) GA resale ticket (singular).
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2022, 08:57:37 AM »
Saw them last night in Minneapolis.

Fantastic show!..great energy, playing to the crowd, etc.

I'm starting to like a lot of the work from Queen of the Murder Scene more now.

review pending on YouTube

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2022, 09:24:57 AM »
I see them tonight in Chicago. Going to be a fun night!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2022, 03:59:47 PM »
Looks like the show in Santa Ana is sold out and all that's available are $100+ secondary market tickets.  If that's the case, I'll be passing.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2022, 10:06:57 PM »
Chicago show was fantastic! Placed filled up pretty good for a band that has been mostly independent up until recently. The crowd was raucous and singing along and handling backup. The sound was excellent. Just a hair louder than it needed to be, but every instrument was crisp and all vocals could be clearly heard. Ale's bass was just a monster. She is just a ridiculous player. My eyes were fixated mostly on Paulina. She is just so fun to watch. The energy and the passion and the interplay with the crowd. She knows how to keep attention and still play amazingly well.

My only disappointment is that I really wanted Queen Of The Murder Scene. Instead we got Ugh, so I'm not all that upset.

Pretty funny as I scanned the room to get a feel for the fanbase. It's exactly what I expected. Mainly half middle-aged white dudes and half young Hispanics. Narcisista and Martirio were big hits with the crowd.

Wished they played longer, but for $25 I feel we got our money's worth.

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2022, 03:08:29 PM »
Dull Knives (Cut Better) is a new favorite of mine.

"Survive" live is off the charts. It's so infectious, and they have this amazing inertia and energy on that one.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 03:16:32 PM by SoundscapeMN »

Online SoundscapeMN

Re: THE WARNING: New 3-piece Hard Rock Band of Sisters v "Error" 6/24/22
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2022, 11:11:21 PM »
ERROR Track List
(it was more or less known that the entire MayDay EP was going to be on the new full length album).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWYEVen6Y4U

1. 404
2. DISCIPLE
3. CHOKE
4. ANIMOSITY
5. MONEY
6. AMOUR
7. EVOLVE
8. ERROR
9. Z
10. 23
11. KOOL AID KIDS
12. REVENANT
13. MARTIRIO
14. BREATHE (Bonus Track)

Also Enter Sandman was played live last week in LA at the Troubadour with Alessia Cara.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2nFH8zVw0s
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 11:43:14 AM by SoundscapeMN »

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: THE WARNING: New 3-piece Hard Rock Band of Sisters v "Error" 6/24/22
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2022, 11:12:22 AM »
I should like this band more than I do.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline goo-goo

Re: THE WARNING: New 3-piece Hard Rock Band of Sisters v "ERROR" 6/24/22
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2022, 12:51:06 PM »
Their full album was released today as well. So far, so good.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2022, 10:08:56 AM »
Their full album was released today as well. So far, so good.

How does this compare to previous releases?

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2022, 10:31:20 AM »
The previous ones were hit or miss for me. But this album is very solid from start to finish. A bit polished but I think that is what they needed. Hope they release physical copies.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2022, 10:38:51 AM »
Good to hear. I heard a few bits and pieces from them and thought what the hell I'll just buy those two albums basically blind, but they ended up being hit or miss for me too.

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2022, 03:33:16 PM »
ERROR is really good.

For some reason, the MayDay tunes sound better or have grown on me a little more, plus the new tracks I'm really digging.

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2023, 11:35:03 AM »
bump.

it hasn't been made public, but a fanatical coworker of mine whose whose part of their Patreon, just today got word that they are going to Open for MUSE in Mexico for 4 dates including their hometown in Monterrey, on Muse's current tour in the next 10 days.

Pretty big deal, and should give them exposure to a ton of new fans.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 12:40:48 PM by SoundscapeMN »

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2023, 11:47:15 AM »
bump.

it hasn't been made public, but fanatical coworker fan whose part of the Patreon just today got word that they are going to Open for MUSE in Mexico for 4 dates including their hometown in Monterrey, on Muse;s current tour in the next 10 days.

Pretty big deal, and should give them exposure to a ton of new fans.

Saw some pics from when they opened for G&R in Monterey, one of those rare moments where the stadium was packed for the opener. Gotta love it

Still need to do a thorough dive into their discography, but Black Holes is a heartwrenching song, absolutely breathtaking.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2023, 12:07:42 PM »
Their first 2 albums are excellent. Queen Of The Murder Scene is easily my favorite of theirs. They have no business being that good at that age. Just crazy.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2023, 12:26:59 PM »
Their first 2 albums are excellent. Queen Of The Murder Scene is easily my favorite of theirs. They have no business being that good at that age. Just crazy.

That comes to my mind as well, not the skill, been spinning Japanese prodigies for way too long to doubt the skill of youngsters, but the maturity in their writing. There's some serious life experience packed into some of what I've heard, both in theme and composition, that totally belies their age. Only band I can think of that young that sounds that experienced is Asterism, and their instrumental.