Author Topic: THE WARNING: New 3-piece Hard Rock Band of Sisters v "Keep Me Fed" 6/28/24  (Read 13653 times)

Offline ozzy554

Re: THE WARNING: New 3-piece Hard Rock Band of Sisters v "ERROR" 6/24/22
« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2023, 02:11:16 PM »
Yeah if Pau wasn't stuck behind the drum kit she would 100% be the frontwoman. Dany is no slouch in the charisma department either but she's just one of those performers that's hard to take your eyes off of.

As for More I dig it. I like when bands play around with their sound especially with The Warning because whatever they do it still sounds like them. That being said I hope we get more QOTMS sounding material at some point. That's a no skip album for me right there.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2023, 02:27:58 PM »
Agreed with everything about Pau. I actually like her voice better than Dany's and I love Dany.

From what I have gathered watching interviews and such, Pau seems to be the biggest creative force in the band. Sounds like most songs start from her (on the piano, no less!) and then Dany and Ale come in and they expand upon Pau's demo's. Not surprised really. Pau is clearly an alpha in every way.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline 425

« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2023, 03:14:01 PM »
From a vocal perspective, I think Dany is perfect for the hard rock side of their sound because she has a ton of power and is good at bringing the right sort of edge when she needs to. But Pau has a great voice as well. It's interesting listening to songs where the two of them share leads because their voices are like different shades of the same color. Would love to hear them include more vocal harmonies—and bring Ale into the mix a little more, too.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2023, 03:29:45 PM »
Ale seems perfectly happy with the amount of vocal responsibilities she has lol. She sings when she has to and not a note more.

It's funny when she has to take over lead on a couple songs when Dany is sick. She does a good job but you can tell she's not happy about it.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2023, 06:02:33 PM »
Huge The Warning fan right here. I have been rocking them for years.

More has grown on me a lot. That chorus is so fat.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #110 on: July 05, 2023, 12:21:25 PM »
They did a long delayed private show in the UK which was a kickstarter tier for when they were doing the last album. The organizers recorded the show in 4K and is now on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07wjiNny3W8
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2023, 10:36:35 PM »
They did a long delayed private show in the UK which was a kickstarter tier for when they were doing the last album. The organizers recorded the show in 4K and is now on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07wjiNny3W8

Thanks for this.

One thing I have noticed since they have started their first true long-term touring is that Pau has really toned down the power with which she plays. You watch those earlier shows from the QOTMS days and she is beating the crap out of her drums. She's playing much more controlled and calm now. Might be maturing as well. I mean, she just turned 21 or something like that.

Her mic sounds terrible in this though. Tinny and drops out here and there. I think she really needs a better mic or something. Neal Morse has never had a problem with his drive-thru headset but I think they really need to do something with Pau's.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2023, 10:51:28 PM »
yeah pau's mic I've noticed can sound drastically different show to show. It sounds perfect some nights and other nights ya get this.

Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #113 on: July 06, 2023, 09:26:45 AM »
She was overpowering in the one song I watched (Narcisista), which wasn't her fault, seemed like a mixing issue. Bass was pretty low, too.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #114 on: July 06, 2023, 09:59:48 AM »
Yeah, forgot to mention that Ale was way too low in the mix. Like Rush, the bass is a very primary instrument in their sound and needs to be nice and loud. When I saw them in Chicago, her bass was booming. It was awesome. She tends to carry a lot of the melody much like Geddy did.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2023, 10:28:35 AM »
When you wear a wireless mic and are drumming, it obviously impacts things. I am a fairly new fan to this band (picked up ERROR about a year ago, and some of the records, saw them a couple months ago), but if Pau is a bit more subdued, drumming-wise than in years past, it's probably due to her vocal commitments and making sure her voice is consistent as possible.

I love drummers that are technical and powerful, but once they strap that mic on, it becomes about the groove.

Great band. I heard "More" performed live, wasn't sold on it, but haven't listened again. Looking forward to the new record. But man, ERROR was such a great statement.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2023, 12:30:09 PM »
She looks more subdued than usual even compared to this year. Maybe she's unsure if availability of replacement parts if she broke a drum on the UK tour because she's done that before lol.

Especially during a private show that the fans paid for
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #117 on: July 06, 2023, 01:13:46 PM »
"More" took some time but I love it now.

"Money" still hasn't clicked with me.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #118 on: July 06, 2023, 01:43:32 PM »
I liked money but it was my least favorite on the album until I heard a live version of it. The added energy and the crowd interaction just bumps it up a couple notches. Which is why I want an official live album ASAP. I know they do plenty of taped shows but I want one I can pull up on Spotify
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 01:50:14 PM by ozzy554 »
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #119 on: July 06, 2023, 01:54:29 PM »
I really like Money pretty much from when it came out as a single. And it's great live too.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #120 on: July 17, 2023, 12:09:24 PM »
Surprise show announced for Chicago today on 8/19. Already got my ticket. Was going to pull the trigger on a meet and greet but they sold out in less than 2 hours. Not a big deal. Just glad I get to see them again so soon.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #121 on: July 17, 2023, 04:18:07 PM »
Surprise show announced for Chicago today on 8/19. Already got my ticket. Was going to pull the trigger on a meet and greet but they sold out in less than 2 hours. Not a big deal. Just glad I get to see them again so soon.

Sweet! Should be cool.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #123 on: July 18, 2023, 11:14:27 AM »
Yeah, their debut album Error. Try their third album. Just because the first 2 were totally independent doesn't mean they don't count. I don't expect Blabber to be thorough with facts.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2023, 09:47:26 PM »
So I'm a Patreon member and they just released the full video for the Teatro show to us. Been watching it tonight and it is fan-freakin'-tastic! They have put a few songs on YouTube from this show, but the full setlist is 22 songs. The sound is amazing. Third song was QoTMS. Did not get that in Chicago the first time around so I really hope we get it next month. That whole album is just a masterpiece to me.

Offline 425

« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2023, 06:34:41 AM »
So I'm a Patreon member and they just released the full video for the Teatro show to us. Been watching it tonight and it is fan-freakin'-tastic! They have put a few songs on YouTube from this show, but the full setlist is 22 songs. The sound is amazing. Third song was QoTMS. Did not get that in Chicago the first time around so I really hope we get it next month. That whole album is just a masterpiece to me.

This might be the thing that gets me to sign up. I’ve been loving the individual songs they’ve released from it.
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2023, 08:42:37 AM »
More got included in this list of 2023 Songs
https://loudwire.com/best-rock-metal-songs-2023-so-far/?fbclid=IwAR1s1L90piD4mwSbvrpWodVDjB3VP9tGRgcjX4bSjbGmpCMBSQCZirRlq9g

The Warning, "More"
The Warning, the hard rock sister-trio from Monterrey, are on an upward spiral. After the success of 2022’s Error, their first release on Lava Records, they’ve returned with their latest single, “More.” The track finds the band dipping their toes into the world of alt-rock, while still remaining true to their hard rock roots. — ST

Offline 425

« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2023, 03:52:08 PM »
Saw them for the first time last night, and absolutely loved it! It was crazy seeing them in a tiny venue where I was able to stand just a few feet from the stage (even though I hit really bad traffic and missed the first song). Dany's power and presence surpassed everything I expected from seeing videos. She commanded the room with an energy that could have commanded a whole stadium while making each person feel like she was connecting with us directly. There were a few moments where it felt like she (and Pau) were making direct eye contact with me, although I suspect the lights were such that they couldn't see anyone outside of the very front all that clearly—probably more something they have in terms of connecting with people.

Setlist was really good; I'll share my thoughts in small text in case the Chicago folks (or other NA fall tour folks) don't want to be spoiled:

QotMS was one of the highlights of the show. That song has so much power live, and the increased grit Dany has been adding since the album version was recorded adds a lot. It got a really enthusiastic reception, too, as did Dust to Dust—interesting seeing as I might have expected a crowd to be less familiar with the first two albums.

The crowd also did a great job with the "Na na" chorus of Narcisista, which Dany started teaching us until she realized we already knew it. And on Choke, the audience completely took over most of the intro, which she seemed to really enjoy.

Was also really happy to hear Amour, which is a meaningful song to me. Kool-Aid Kids was another big highlight; that's a song I slept on for a while but now would put in the top half of Error.

The rotating song was When I'm Alone, which I think they might have gone into because Ale and Pau were having some kind of issue. I'm not sure, but it seemed like they were trying to talk about something during the song before. Anyway, I thought it was really well placed in the setlist and would consider it another highlight.

This is now absolutely a no-miss band for me whenever they come within a three hour radius. I would love to see them in a small club environment again, because it was really special seeing a band I love in that setting . . . but I have a feeling they're right on the cusp of reaching a much bigger audience, so next time might be in a different sort of venue. I hope it is, because they deserve it.
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #128 on: August 11, 2023, 05:15:54 PM »
my co-worker who introduced me to them is driving down to Indianapolis for the show there next Thursday. I wish they were coming to Minnesota, but alas.
I do think you're right in that they could start to play bigger venues rather soon (although not Arenas or stadiums necessarily).

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #129 on: August 12, 2023, 06:16:30 PM »
For me, this band is like when you see something on the menu at a restaurant, and it looks like a dish you would totally enjoy, and then you get it, and you find out there is something missing, like there is not enough cilantro, or too many onions. It's good, but you cannot figure out what it is that is keeping it from being delicious.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline 425

« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2023, 12:29:03 PM »
Obviously they may just not be quite for you, but how much of their live stuff have you seen? I was on the fence for a while; I liked the Mayday EP and got Error right when it came out, but didn’t really get into it at the time. Watching the songs they’ve been releasing from their CDMX show made something click. I knew from their music videos that they had tons of energy and charisma, but seeing them perform to a live audience was something else.
And if spirit's a sign,

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2023, 02:08:44 PM »
Yeah, while I enjoyed their music, seeing them live is a whole other monster. It's brutally obvious these girls have been polishing their performance for a decade together, and man did they bring it 100%

I for one will definitely catch them any time they play near here.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #132 on: August 13, 2023, 07:21:19 PM »
I love their studio music and the live videos I have watched. They have all the youthful energy.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #133 on: August 20, 2023, 10:09:16 AM »
Saw them in Chicago last night. It was hot, sold out, and I don't think there was any A/C in the venue. I am not the biggest fan of Bottom Lounge. Nowhere to sit and a low stage so for a short guy like me, not great. I was barely able to see any of the girls at all. Due to no drum riser, Pau was really low. I tried my best to peer through the heads to focus on Pau. She was extra super saucy last night. Just magnetic to watch. Her drums were mixed well this time and her drive-thru mic was better than last time but could have been better still. Dany was also super fiery last night as well. Really embracing that frontwomen role. Ale was Ale. Booming bass in the mix and low key as always.

Got my QotMS last night. That song is so heavy and just awesome to see live. 17 tracks in the set and almost all from Error. 3 from QotMS and 1 from XXI.

Since they sold this place out I hope for a nicer, little bigger venue next time through.

Offline 425

« Reply #134 on: August 20, 2023, 01:21:47 PM »
After I got to see it in NJ, I’ve seen QotMS go in and out of the setlists and I’d been hoping it’d get back in for you—especially since it was one of the show highlights for me.

Sounds like the venue setup wasn’t really optimal, so that’s unfortunate, but glad to hear DPA were great! I agree that they could still improve Pau’s microphone setup. The mix at my show was great in every way except that she was a little low.
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #135 on: September 12, 2023, 07:51:49 PM »

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #136 on: September 12, 2023, 09:00:56 PM »
oh and btw

saw this shared on the Public Discord recently

(Pull Me Under drum cover from 8 years ago)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69qDZXHcQKs

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #137 on: September 12, 2023, 09:22:58 PM »
They were at the VMA's today:

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2023, 08:55:49 AM »
Good lord.. I'd imagine they turned heads throughout the day.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #139 on: September 13, 2023, 09:17:06 AM »
QotMS was one of the highlights of the show.

Random thought...what the heck kind of name is that for a song?  How does one pronounce that?  Kot-mms??
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung