Author Topic: THE WARNING: New 3-piece Hard Rock Band of Sisters v "Keep Me Fed" 6/28/24  (Read 13299 times)

Online SoundscapeMN

Anyone know this band?

all female trio of sisters from Mexico rock pretty hard (and even a bit *progressive*) on this new tune "Evolve."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_RB0tRI624

they got known initially from some covers, including Enter Sandman from Metallica (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jNZfnsbEYw).
But that was 7 years ago. They're unique in a lot of ways. Heavy, melodic, and they keep growing/improving their songwriting and playing. All 3 sing and are multi-instrumentalists I guess.

They are quite a unique band, and certainly 1 to watch now and in the future.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 09:09:51 PM by SoundscapeMN »

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
Re: THE WARNING: All-Female Trio of Sisters
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 11:32:25 AM »
and named after a Queensryche piece too (or so I'd guess)
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline dparrott

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 11:59:47 AM »
Nice!!! Like a female Foo Fighters.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 12:19:56 PM »
Huge fan. I have both albums and am waiting on them to ship me vinyl's of both albums and a CD of Queen Of The Murder Scene. I also follow them on Patreon, which has given me several professionally recorded and edited concert videos. I have become obsessed with them.

It's baffling that Queen was recorded when they were 18 (Dany - Guitar), 16 (Paulina - Drums) and 13 (Ale - Bass). Not to mention, it is a concept record written solely by them. They are way too talented for their age. It's amazing. The first album came out a year before Queen, so just imagine that.

Evolve is a banger of a track. Paulina is a force of nature behind the kit. Live she is just amazing to watch. Eagerly awaiting a release date on album #3.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2021, 05:01:37 PM »
I Loved Queen of the Murder Scene. Very ambitious of them to do a concept album for their sophomore record. They are clearly fantastic musicians (and will only get better from here) and they are very intelligent. I heard that they were in negotiations with Lava Records for 7 months before agreeing to a deal. They refused to sign with any major labels until they got a deal that worked for them. They get to keep their Patreon page and get full creative control over their music.

They've also shot to the top of the list of live shows I would like to see. Pau has the energy and charisma on drums that Im sure a lot of frontmen wish they had.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2021, 05:12:17 PM »
Cool, thanks for sharing this thread. Never heard of them but after that first video will be checking them out some more.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2021, 08:34:16 AM »
Last week they dropped a new video for their Spanish language song Martirio https://youtu.be/KRA3nMzF31M

I may not know a single word of Spanish but the song still manages to be catchy. Also the video is gorgeous. They have an EP coming out on October 8th which is basically the first half of their upcoming album.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2021, 11:05:06 AM »
Finally got my order from them. The XXI vinyl arrived a few weeks ago and I just minutes ago opened the package that contained my signed vinyl of QOTMS and the CD of the same album. On Wednesday I should have the CD of XXI in my hands.

As for their, now 2, Spanish language tracks, I prefer Narcissista. That is just an awesome song. It helps that it is a big F-You to the Spanish critics who were calling them out for 'pandering' to the white man and the English language. Not to mention that Paulina is the perfect one to handle the vocals on that as she clearly has to attitude and disposition for it.

I also enjoyed their Metallica Blacklist entry with that Aleissa Cara. I had no hopes from the previews, but ended up really enjoying it.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline PetFish

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2021, 10:49:06 PM »
I discovered them with the new Enter Sandman with Alessia Cara track.

They are amazing!  Their version of ES is just so awesome and is clearly the best track on a mostly-lame Blacklist.  Everyone keeps drooling over Miley Cyrus on Nothing Else Matters but, come on, it's not even close.

Gonna check out the rest of their shiz.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2021, 03:37:07 AM »
All-Female Trio of Sisters

Thanks for the warning :neverusethis:

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2021, 12:52:36 PM »

Ha! I never picked that up. Sort of like the double negative thing. I mean, they aren't an all-male trio of sisters.  :rollin

Offline pg1067

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2021, 01:06:36 PM »

Ha! I never picked that up. Sort of like the double negative thing. I mean, they aren't an all-male trio of sisters.  :rollin

Nowadays, you can't be entirely sure....
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2021, 01:15:32 PM »
I actually heard some of their music, never bother checking them out. I guess I'll dig in and see.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2021, 02:49:34 PM »

" So you're a trio of sisters :) "

Twitter : OMG did you even ASK them their pronouns before hand ?  :angry:

Offline pg1067

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2021, 12:39:07 PM »

" So you're a trio of sisters :) "

Twitter : OMG did you even ASK them their pronouns before hand ?  :angry:

I took my kid on a trip a couple years ago, and one of the things we did was visit a few colleges.  At Emerson College in Boston, we started the tour in a room and were greated by four current students who would lead small groups from the larger group.  Two of the students were seniors and two were sophomores.  As they started to introduce themselves (and with me only half paying attention), the two sophomores said, "Hi, my name is ___, and I use ___ pronouns."  I didn't quite hear what they said about pronouns but didn't give it much thought (and the two seniors didn't say anything about pronouns).  When we got to one of the dorms, we saw a board with photos of all the resident assistants (RAs), each of which had a little thingy that said either "he/him" or "she/her" (no one had "they/them" or any sort of new age "pronouns").  It was then that I realized what the two sophomores had said.  When I mentioned it to my kid, we had a good laugh about it.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online HOF

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2021, 12:53:06 PM »
Keep seeing this thread title, and I’m like “well of course a trio of sisters would be all female!”

Online SoundscapeMN

Re: THE WARNING: New 3-piece band of Sisters
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2021, 01:59:24 PM »
"All-Female Trio of Sisters" is a bit redundant.

so, i changed the description  :laugh:

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: THE WARNING: New 3-piece Hard Rock Band of Sisters
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2021, 02:04:16 PM »
CISTERS - a band of ALL MALE HETERO MEN LOOKING FOR LOVE.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2021, 12:20:19 AM »
CISTERS - a band of ALL MALE HETERO MEN LOOKING FOR LOVE.

Sounds like a plot to a romcom series more than anything.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2021, 12:56:51 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlOy0XbFVlM

Really enjoying Choke and the look Dany gives when she says "I won't survive the fall" melts me.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2021, 09:54:26 AM »
I was rather disappointed to visit their website and learn that the bass player is 11 months YOUNGER than my kid!

Offline 425

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2021, 10:21:32 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlOy0XbFVlM

Really enjoying Choke and the look Dany gives when she says "I won't survive the fall" melts me.

Choke is my favorite of the songs that I've heard. Really shows off how powerful Dany's voice is.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2021, 10:24:49 AM »
I was rather disappointed to visit their website and learn that the bass player is 11 months YOUNGER than my kid!
If you don't mind me asking, why is that disappointing? just curious.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2021, 10:40:24 AM »

Might be the same as me, kind of a dirty old man kind of thing. I absolutely love this band and I cannot deny that they are all very attractive, but Dany is the same age as my oldest and the other 2 are even younger. Ale, the bass player, is only 16.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2021, 01:05:51 PM »

Might be the same as me, kind of a dirty old man kind of thing. I absolutely love this band and I cannot deny that they are all very attractive, but Dany is the same age as my oldest and the other 2 are even younger. Ale, the bass player, is only 16.

That's pretty much it.  I clicked the link in the first post in the thread ("Evolve") and thought to myself that the bass player was the most attractive.  Obviously, they're all "too young for me" (having just turned 54), but it didn't occur to me that any of them might still be minors.  The bass player was born in December 2004, and the "profile" photo of her on the band's website makes that pretty obvious and is VERY different from the image projected in the video.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2021, 02:36:12 PM »

That's pretty much it.  I clicked the link in the first post in the thread ("Evolve") and thought to myself that the bass player was the most attractive.  Obviously, they're all "too young for me" (having just turned 54), but it didn't occur to me that any of them might still be minors.  The bass player was born in December 2004, and the "profile" photo of her on the band's website makes that pretty obvious and is VERY different from the image projected in the video.

All of which makes their talent all the more impressive. The fact that they write and play everything themselves, at that age and at that level of excellence is just staggering.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2021, 04:26:45 PM »

All of which makes their talent all the more impressive. The fact that they write and play everything themselves, at that age and at that level of excellence is just staggering.

I also realized that I had seen their 2014 cover of Enter Sandman, and my reaction to that was that it's impressive what kids can do when mommy and daddy have lots of money for instruments and equipment.   :biggrin:

Offline 425

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2021, 03:06:10 PM »
I've been listening to their EP some this week, and I think it's pretty strong. The four songs they've put out as singles (Disciple, Choke, Evolve and Martirio) are the four best songs, but Animosity is up there with the rest. I'm not really connecting with Z, but that's just one song out of six.

I discovered them via their music videos, where their energy and presence are what stood out to me at first, but even just listening to them on audio, there's a lot of charisma to their performances. And they're just talented players and songwriters. Daniela is kind of the natural star as the guitarist and main singer, but Paulina really steals the show a lot of the time with her drumming and occasional lead vocal spots—she and Alejandra are a powerful rhythm section.
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2021, 06:31:39 PM »
Have listened to a few of their songs and am really blown away by the stuff they all can do, specially since they're all younger than me. I'm 26 right now (and been playing bass since I was 13) and they all could give me a run for my money, not just the playing but also the songwriting. Makes me feel like I'm a failure as a musician :lol

I also realized that I had seen their 2014 cover of Enter Sandman, and my reaction to that was that it's impressive what kids can do when mommy and daddy have lots of money for instruments and equipment.   :biggrin:

Also, this :rollin
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2021, 01:02:39 PM »
The all-female trio of sisters announced a headlining tour. Already got my Patreon pre-sale tix to the Chicago show.

Jan. 18 - San Diego, Calif. @ House of Blues
Jan. 20 - Los Angeles, Calif. @ Troubadour
Jan. 22 - Los Angeles, Calif. @ Troubadour
Jan. 24 - Berkeley, Calif. @ Cornerstone
Jan. 26 - Seattle, Wash. @ Barboza
Jan. 27 - Vancouver, British Columbia @ Biltmore
Jan. 29 - Salt Lake City, Utah @ Complex
Jan. 30 - Denver, Colo. @ Marquis Theater
Feb. 1 - Minneapolis, Minn. @ Fine Line
Feb. 2 - Chicago, Ill. @ Bottom Lounge
Feb. 4 - Flint, Mich. @ The Machine Stop
Feb. 5 - Pittsburg, Pa. @ Jergels
Feb. 6 - Philadelphia, Pa. @ The Foundry
Feb. 7 - Boston, Mass. @ Brighton Music Hall
Feb. 9 - New York, N.Y. @ Gramercy Theater
Feb. 11 - Reading, Pa. @ Reverb
Feb. 12 - Baltimore, Md. @ Rams Head
Feb. 13 - Richmond, Va. @ Canal Club
Feb. 15 - Atlanta, Ga. @ Hell at the Masquerade
Feb. 16 - Tampa, Fla. @ Orpheum
Feb. 19 - Austin, Texas @ Come and Take It
Feb. 20 - Dallas Texas @ The Studio at The Factory
Feb. 21 - Houston, Texas @ Warehouse Live Studio
Feb. 25 - Phoenix, Ariz. @ Rebel Lounge
Feb. 26 - Santa Ana, Calif. @ Constellation Room

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2021, 07:06:55 PM »
Wow.  I watched the video for Evolve and thought, "Okay, not bad."  Then I watched a live show where they played all of Queen, and then a couple of other newer videos (Choke and Disciple), and I think I'm officially hooked.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2021, 07:23:36 PM »
That Foro Didi show (guessing it's that one) is something. That show introduced me to Narcissta. I'm not usually one for foreign lyrics, but Pau just owns that track. They offer that whole show and a few others to their Patreon members. I downloaded them all. I think I have 3 full shows. Nope, 4. Foro Didi 2019, Lunario 2018, Dakota Bar 2018, and the Whisky 2020. All pro shot.

Really looking forward to February.

Welcome to the club, Bosk! These girls rock!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2021, 07:31:50 PM »
I watched Lunario first.  I saw a bit of Foro Didi, but didn't have time for but a few minutes.

It's a shame their music isn't available on Amazon.  My kids have been asking me what to get for Christmas.  Frustrating that only two of their CD's are on their website, neither of which is the new EP, and they charge quite a bit for shipping.  Can't seem to find their stuff elsewhere, except streaming.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 07:38:55 PM by bosk1 »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline 425

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2021, 08:35:21 PM »
I'd love to see them, but I think I'd have to travel during a time when I'll be pretty busy with work.

I think their new EP is digital only, but I understand it to be the first half of their next album, which will hopefully get a physical release. I bought it on iTunes and definitely don't regret it.
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2021, 09:02:48 PM »
I'd love to see them, but I think I'd have to travel during a time when I'll be pretty busy with work.

I think their new EP is digital only, but I understand it to be the first half of their next album, which will hopefully get a physical release. I bought it on iTunes and definitely don't regret it.

Yeah, Mayday is their first label release. The label decided to put out half of the album now as a teaser and the whole thing is supposed to be released sometime next year.

The first 2 albums are independent releases that they supply themselves. I had to wait months to get my copies as they were getting a fresh batch made up in Minnesota. Since those 2 albums they signed a 5 album deal so going forward their new music should be more readily available once the label stops letting Covid drive their thinking. They do offer uncompressed downloads of the old albums on their site. Almost all the way at the bottom on the homepage. Not sure that is your thing, but thought I'd mention it.