Author Topic: Kirk Hammett now officially with Gibson  (Read 697 times)

Offline Anxiety35

Kirk Hammett now officially with Gibson
« on: July 29, 2021, 03:51:10 PM »
Gibson has announced today Kirk Hammett as an endorsee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMeLnNkEtb8&ab_channel=GibsonTV

That's cool. However, I'm under the assumption that Kirk still has an endorsement deal with ESP, as he is still on the ESP website as part of the artist roster.

https://www.espguitars.com/users/1987890

If this is the case, is he has an endorsement deal with two major guitar companies. How many other guitarists do the same?

Offline FracturedMirror

Re: Kirk Hammett now officially with Gibson
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 05:07:21 PM »
I know he's played other guitar brands over the years, but I really never thought I'd see Kirk representing a company other than ESP in an official capacity  :o

Offline deggs37

• Big Chungus
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2021, 07:15:10 PM »
Didn't see this coming. Must admit Kirk always looked best playing his Les Paul. I always wanted a Les Paul just because of that. My cheap ass settled with Epiphone instead.

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 01:50:55 AM »
Dave Mustaine, too.

Imagine James Hetfield won't be far off. He's continued playing Gibsons despite his relationship with ESP.
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2021, 07:15:38 AM »
Didn't see this coming. Must admit Kirk always looked best playing his Les Paul. I always wanted a Les Paul just because of that. My cheap ass settled with Epiphone instead.

I decided to sell some antiques and stuff, and I agreed with my wife that I would take half and buy a guitar, a Les Paul.  Uh, it didn't take too much research to figure out that ain't happenin' unless I can find a shit ton more antiques and stuff.  My GOODNESS do they hold their value. 

I'm probably settling for an Epiphone as well (maybe the Viv Campbell model).

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2021, 08:37:18 AM »
That makes me wonder what you were planning to buy? A Studio (my first Gibson, still love it!) costs £1.3k (c$1.8k) which, while not cheap, is relatively affordable. (Before anyone leaps at me regarding affordability, emphasis on "relatively".)
Paul
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2021, 08:42:54 AM »
2020 Epiphones are so good now that there's no reason to get a Gibson other than the prestige of owning one.

I tried the new Epiphone Extura 2021 earlier this year and it felt exactly like my Gibson Les Paul. Nothing cheapy about it.

I've never thought that Epiphone were just 'shit gibsons' as i've owned a few and they've all been GREAT.

And the new Inspired by Gibson range are even better.

I really *really* want to save up for the Epiphone Les Paul Prophecy 2021 in Green Burst. It looks great - has the new headstock - and has 3 sounds in each pickup.

High Output, Classic PAF and Single Coil. For less than £800

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2021, 09:14:54 AM »
I really *really* want to save up for the Epiphone Les Paul Prophecy 2021 in Green Burst. It looks great - has the new headstock - and has 3 sounds in each pickup.

Just did a search for a green burst but I'm not finding anything. Do you have a link at all, please?
Paul
Leicestershire, UK

Offline Anxiety35

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2021, 04:48:47 PM »
I found out that Kirk still has his deal with ESP. It's non-binding, meaning he can have other deals with other companies. That's cool.

James Hetfield's deal with ESP is the same non-binding agreement.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2021, 05:21:25 PM »

Just did a search for a green burst but I'm not finding anything. Do you have a link at all, please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN9LzcODnL0

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2021, 10:33:33 PM »
Oh, the olive one :lol I love a good proper green burst, me. This one from a year or two ago is beautiful and plays very nicely:

While on the subject of Epiphone, looking forward to acquiring the Alex Lifeson Axcess once it's available. Lucky enough to have the original model in red but I've always admired the viceroy brown - I think that's what they call it.
Paul
Leicestershire, UK