Author Topic: Tour incoming? (New Tour dates announced)  (Read 25254 times)

Offline RaiseTheKnife

Re: Tour incoming? (New Tour dates announced)
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2021, 07:06:01 PM »
I wonder what the Artist Pre-sale means for the tickets that go on sale Tuesday morning?  I found the local pre-sale code, but that's on sale Wednesday.  Is there a place other than FB where DT would give exclusive access?

Offline dgilb23912

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2021, 07:11:52 PM »
I wonder what the Artist Pre-sale means for the tickets that go on sale Tuesday morning?  I found the local pre-sale code, but that's on sale Wednesday.  Is there a place other than FB where DT would give exclusive access?

I was wondering the same thing.  For the Seattle show Ticketmaster lists the Tuesday pre-sale as "Artist Fan Club Pre-sale" while the Wednesday pre-sale is listed as "Promoter Pre-Sale".  The code for the Wednesday one was indeed listed on FB by Emporium Presents.  I haven't seen anything regarding a code on Dream Theater World.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2021, 07:26:47 PM »
Nevermind.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2021, 07:54:30 PM »
I’m going to an outdoor Primus show in 3 weeks, and I’m a bit nervous about it.

Not sure how I feel about being in a closed theater with the variant creeping around.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Lethean

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2021, 08:45:31 PM »
I’m going to an outdoor Primus show in 3 weeks, and I’m a bit nervous about it.

Not sure how I feel about being in a closed theater with the variant creeping around.

Yeah - this might be the first DT tour that I skip.  Maybe I'll change my mind as it gets closer, but I definitely won't be buying any  presale tickets.  I was really hoping they'd just wait until 2022 for a tour.

Offline dtrocker25

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2021, 09:16:00 PM »
I’m looking at Brooklyn and seeing sites where they want 200 minimum for Seats...is that legit
I’ve got family up there and wanted to possibly fly up and see them but geez..may just have to go to Dallas again

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2021, 09:30:53 PM »

I am wondering about this also. I would obviously like to get the tickets first thing tomorrow...

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2021, 09:41:52 PM »
Does Arch Echo not have a Wikipedia page? How is that possible in 2021? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO LEARN ABOUT SOMETHING WITHOUT A WIKIPEDIA PAGE?@!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2021, 10:12:01 PM »
Does Arch Echo not have a Wikipedia page? How is that possible in 2021? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO LEARN ABOUT SOMETHING WITHOUT A WIKIPEDIA PAGE?@!

You Google and go to their website.  :biggrin:
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2021, 10:17:36 PM »
I know, I know... I am just surprised a band that is tagged to tour with a big name (in our niche) like DT would have a Wikipedia page. And it isn't like they are brand new to the scene.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2021, 10:24:34 PM »
I know, I know... I am just surprised a band that is tagged to tour with a big name (in our niche) like DT would have a Wikipedia page. And it isn't like they are brand new to the scene.

Yeah, I was surprised when I went to look them up as well. I was all, wow, that's interesting, I thought they'd be more well known enough to have a Wiki page but I guess not.  :lol

But this tour, will bring them a lot more new fans, because I think these guys are that good live.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Volante99

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2021, 01:08:36 AM »
How does one get in on the “Artist Presale”?

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2021, 01:40:49 AM »
How does one get in on the “Artist Presale”?

I can't figure that out. I think they don't always have it, the DT fanclub doesn't have one as far as I know. Makes me think the "platinum presale", which is the other option tomorrow, is a scheme to get us to pay the high prices. It's like they can sell at inflated rates, even though they aren't scalped. And the fans wanting to get the good seats, go with that or wait until the Live Nation presale the next day. Sigh. Saw a fellow DT Fan on FB refer to us having to deal with TicketBastard. :\

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2021, 08:14:18 AM »
The Facebook password METROPOLIS seemed to work for me.
EDIT: But I will note that I was not able to buy tickets on my desktop for some reason.  Had to execute the transaction on my iPad.

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2021, 08:27:06 AM »
Kinda odd that the artist presale is different days for some dates.

On the LiveNation/TM event page, the Akron date very clearly has the artist presale listed for Wednesday, and the venue/LN presale listed for Thursday.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2021, 08:33:08 AM »
Does anyone have the LN/TM pre-sale PW?

Also, how come DT hasn't announced this tour yet?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2021, 08:40:19 AM »
I’m looking at Brooklyn and seeing sites where they want 200 minimum for Seats...is that legit
I’ve got family up there and wanted to possibly fly up and see them but geez..may just have to go to Dallas again
Thirty-five to one-thirty down here. Those $35 seats are probably not seats at all, but SRO in the back, I reckon. Factor in TT&L and I suspect you're looking at $80-160 if you want to sit down.

Myself, my interest in DT has almost slipped into negative territory, but I don't feel like I can skip them if they're in town. I'll be grabbing the cheapest proper seat I can get.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2021, 08:40:46 AM »
This was the most :censored experience. I had 2 laptops. For 2 venues. "Couldn't complete on my device". There were good seats available. I kept clicking both, seeing if they would go thru. 1 did, in the good seats.  I just hit complete as I had set up etc with my cc. I look at my email and it's balcony seats on the side. Wth? I guess I should have watched better. But I most certainly didn't click on those. I could never get anything after that. So I will try again tomorrow. Makes me mad. :tdwn

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2021, 08:41:42 AM »
Been in communication with the DT Staff manager....she hasn't been given the password.  'Metropolis' was probably a lucky guess for the one venue.  I tried various phrases for DC, 'DT15' got me through all the way up to purchasing an individual seat, and then shut me down.   >:(

...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Ayeegit

« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2021, 08:43:37 AM »
This was the most :censored experience. I had 2 laptops. For 2 venues. "Couldn't complete on my device". There were good seats available. I kept clicking both, seeing if they would go thru. 1 did, in the good seats.  I just hit complete as I had set up etc with my cc. I look at my email and it's balcony seats on the side. Wth? I guess I should have watched better. But I most certainly didn't click on those. I could never get anything after that. So I will try again tomorrow. Makes me mad. :tdwn

Had the same problem; as someone else mentioned above, for some reason using a PC doesn't appear to work (as if I needed *another* reason to despise TicketBastard) - but a quick download of their app on my cell phone solved the problem.

Offline drew512

« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2021, 08:45:49 AM »
It shouldn't be this hard to let your fans attend your shows.  :facepalm:

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2021, 09:11:51 AM »

Had the same problem; as someone else mentioned above, for some reason using a PC doesn't appear to work (as if I needed *another* reason to despise TicketBastard) - but a quick download of their app on my cell phone solved the problem.

I also tried that as well and got the same message. Going from so hyped, to remembering how crappy buying tickets can be. Glad you got through!

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2021, 09:21:18 AM »

EDIT: But I will note that I was not able to buy tickets on my desktop for some reason.  Had to execute the transaction on my iPad.

I had the same issue with using my laptop.  Had to switch to my phone for purchase. 

For Cincinnati I found the presale code PANIC by (briefly) signing up here: https://presale.codes/ 

It cost me $6.95, but I was able to cancel the subscription immediately after.

Offline dreamtheater360

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2021, 09:37:01 AM »
For Cincinnati I found the presale code PANIC by (briefly) signing up here: https://presale.codes/ 

Can confirm that PANIC works at the Cincinnati location. Was able to purchase tickets.

Thank you.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2021, 09:57:53 AM »
PANIC worked for the San Diego show.  Now I just need to decide if I want to wait for the LA show on a Saturday (and be subject to whatever stupid restrictions might be in place in LA at that time) or drag my ass down to San Diego on a Friday.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2021, 10:03:46 AM »
Did the Akron band presale get canceled?  The TM page showed it starting tomorrow, and now it's gone, and there's now a platinum presale on Thursday, along with the already announced venue/LiveNation presale.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2021, 10:23:44 AM »

I had the same issue with using my laptop.  Had to switch to my phone for purchase. 

It cost me $6.95, but I was able to cancel the subscription immediately after.

Zircon

Can I send $3.50 your way? I used the Panic code for the Austin show and it worked. I managed to get great seats, dead center, first row, in the balcony. 

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2021, 10:54:35 AM »
PANIC or panic worked for DC!  Thank you.

Front row upper level again.  Woot!  Woot!

Might host a preshow at the Elephant & Castle again, or the Marriott.  Almost eighty people showed up there three years ago.

(crossing my fingers as to C19)
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2021, 10:56:39 AM »
So, I just said screw it and bought aftermarket tickets. Got good seats and it wasn't as expensive as I thought.

So...that was fun :mehlin

Offline StreamOfConscientiousness

« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2021, 11:02:02 AM »
Thank you thank you! PANIC worked for me for DC as well. Eighth row in front of JP!

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2021, 11:05:26 AM »
Yep.....PANIC worked for me as well. Purchased for St. Louis. Being that I'm buying for Five people now and not just me.....we're first row Balcony. I love the fact my kids are in to DT as well but man.....it was sure a lot less expensive when they weren't going to these concerts!  :lol
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2021, 11:19:37 AM »
Just want to make it clear: I've not been in contact with anyone regarding a fan club pre-sale code, so I have no idea what that is about...

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2021, 11:53:29 AM »
Psyched for the Charlotte NC date!  It's nice to just drive to a show and sleep in my own bed the same night.  Hopefully we'll get an Asheville date next cycle too so I'll have an excuse to go back to Asheville :biggrin:

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2021, 11:54:56 AM »
METROPOLIS has worked, IMAGES worked in Milwaukee, PANIC in DC and Chicago from what I've been following on Fbook.  So odd......

Offline Air Weaver

« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2021, 02:37:07 PM »
PANIC or panic worked for DC!  Thank you.

Front row upper level again.  Woot!  Woot!

Might host a preshow at the Elephant & Castle again, or the Marriott.  Almost eighty people showed up there three years ago.

(crossing my fingers as to C19)

Thanks for this post - I also unlocked with PANIC and got a pair of AA front row balcony! If I'm not in for VIP, I like front row balcony for my daughter since she's not tall  - I am not sure yet if she can come with me, so I just grabbed a pair and we'll see - I understand the couple comments of "maybe I'll skip this tour" and I am not as jazzed as I was for Scenes anniversary, BUT I learned from skipping R40 and Covid that you can never assume there will be another tour. Unless you're Kiss or Slayer, those dudes never die. I did VIP solo and VIP with my kids, had my daughter pulled on stage for Astonishing, we're not looking to top it anymore, just being in the room will be enough.