Author Topic: Tour incoming? (New Tour dates announced)  (Read 25257 times)

Offline jjfumbly

Re: Tour incoming? (New Tour dates announced)
« Reply #280 on: August 24, 2021, 10:46:39 AM »
I think it'll be a miracle if these dates go as planned.
EDIT: Just to add, the Count Basie Theatre in NJ just announced it will require vaccinations to see concerts this fall, which will include the DT show. 

If this rule is still in place by then, there will be refunds galore. Many fans purchased tickets before this ish was announced.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #281 on: August 24, 2021, 11:34:29 AM »
EDIT: Just to add, the Count Basie Theatre in NJ just announced it will require vaccinations to see concerts this fall, which will include the DT show. 

If this rule is still in place by then, there will be refunds galore. Many fans purchased tickets before this ish was announced.

I haven't actually seen an email update from livenation regarding this.  I follow the Basie on twitter and saw it.  I don't recall any mention of refunds, but they may just be working out details now.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #282 on: August 24, 2021, 11:47:02 AM »
Live Nation and AEG, the two biggest concert promoters in the US, recently announced vaccine requirements for bands, staff and patrons at all of their venues.  This gives me a bit more hope for the tours starting in late September and beyond going mostly as scheduled, between requirements and now the FDA giving their full approval of the vaccine's safety and efficacy.  I'm sure refunds will be available for most shows in the next few months as this transition takes effect.  As far as DT goes this makes me a lot more comfortable about their LA show, I recently saw King Crimson outdoors and felt fine about it but am still feeling a little nervous about indoor crowds, especially in bigger venues or really packed crowds.  I just want the band to be able to tour safely and this decision only helps them do that  :tup

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #283 on: August 24, 2021, 12:01:51 PM »

I'm not saying there won't be any refunds, but I think "refunds galore" might be a bit strong.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #284 on: August 24, 2021, 03:32:15 PM »

I'm not saying there won't be any refunds, but I think "refunds galore" might be a bit strong.

70+% of the united states is vaxxed so "refunds galore" is indeed too strong.

Also, I would guess 10% of the unvaxxed are just indifferent to it and not opposed. I know a few of them.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #285 on: September 01, 2021, 07:29:07 AM »
Ottawa Canada show....announced pre-sale. 24 hrs later was sent notification "cancelled".
That happened yesterday.
I didn't even know they had a new album coming. I would have gone of course. In fact I had begun the process of buying tickets.

Unfortunate.
Our city\province will have a vaccine passport system in place by the time that show would have gone on (Nov 15th) so for what it's worth it would have been only vaxed and yes still masked people attending.

sigh......
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #286 on: September 17, 2021, 11:02:43 PM »
Anyone wanting to go to the San Diego show?  I have one ticket Orchestra, second row, center (listed in DT Bay for more details).  Anyone interested feel free to hit me up with an offer.

Offline 6or7

« Reply #287 on: September 20, 2021, 11:21:33 AM »
Ottawa Canada show....announced pre-sale. 24 hrs later was sent notification "cancelled".
That happened yesterday.
I didn't even know they had a new album coming. I would have gone of course. In fact I had begun the process of buying tickets.

Unfortunate.
Our city\province will have a vaccine passport system in place by the time that show would have gone on (Nov 15th) so for what it's worth it would have been only vaxed and yes still masked people attending.

sigh......

Has there been any info as to why this was (I think) the only show on the whole tour that was cancelled? Seems weird there's still a date in TO. Also, anyone know if it's possible to see the DT show in Montreal. I see there's mention of a Quebec issued vaccine passport with QR code so not sure if ONT version will be accepted at door?

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #288 on: September 26, 2021, 12:47:49 AM »
Anyone want to take a guess at how many songs off the new album they'll play live this leg of the tour?

I am gonna guess 3-5, hopefully 6.

I think the two released songs are a given. Although would be interesting if they didn't play one of these songs. And since JP released his signature 8-string, he might want to showcase it on the road in front of a live audience that isn't full of guitarists, so Awaken The Master might possibly be a given one as well. The title track is obviously, well hopefully, a given of being played.

So that is 4 already. If they added more, and I hope they do, I could see Answering the Call being the next given song. Which leaves Sleeping Giant and Transcending Time. These two I could see being left off the tour entirely, if one does make it, I would like to see TT just for time purposes and it means more older songs.

Edit: Posted in the setlist thread...

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #289 on: September 26, 2021, 07:09:06 AM »
My guess would be 3-5 too but I wouldn't be surprised if they rotated the two singles between set A and B (assuming they have two different setlists)

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #290 on: September 27, 2021, 10:05:34 AM »
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #291 on: September 27, 2021, 10:06:41 AM »
Well....At least we have more time to digest the album, and I can really play with my setlists  :biggrin:
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline nikatapi

« Reply #292 on: September 27, 2021, 10:09:15 AM »
Kind of expected unfortunately. Hopefully 2022 the tour will indeed take place

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #293 on: September 27, 2021, 10:10:21 AM »
Figured this was coming based on the ticket sales :( I'm selfishly super bummed. This coincided with my birthday weekend and was going to follow and NYC trip to see The Book of Mormon musical.

Offline Mr.Mister

« Reply #294 on: September 27, 2021, 10:10:42 AM »
Such a difficult decision for the band, and their staff. This tour represented a lot of income to them so I hope they don't need to postpone it further.

As a fan, it sucks but I will have new music to keep me busy, and I just hope they don't come to my city when I'm away on a trip next year  :'(

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #295 on: September 27, 2021, 10:13:27 AM »
Can we get the album released earlier so that it makes up for it? :biggrin:
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #296 on: September 27, 2021, 10:22:22 AM »
Sucks, but I understand. Maybe with the reschedule I won't have to drive 2 hours to CT  :biggrin:
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #297 on: September 27, 2021, 10:24:01 AM »
I'm a bit surprised.  They announced the tour when Delta was bad, now cases are going down and they postpone?  Kind of makes no sense to me.  February could potentially be a lot worse than this fall.  Like, life is completely back to normal around here and many tours are not having issues anymore (a bunch did in August).  I mean, look at the Louder than Life festival that happened this weekend.

Since they talk about local mandates, makes me wonder if the band themselves don't comply with the mandates, but that's just speculation on my part.  Not sure if moving to February will change anything regarding ticket sales so not really thinking that plays a role.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #298 on: September 27, 2021, 10:44:05 AM »
My only question is what happens if the rescheduled date is something I can't make?  If I don't get a no questions asked 100% refund (including all fees), I'm gonna be PISSED.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #299 on: September 27, 2021, 10:46:52 AM »
I'm a bit surprised.  They announced the tour when Delta was bad, now cases are going down and they postpone?  Kind of makes no sense to me.  February could potentially be a lot worse than this fall.  Like, life is completely back to normal around here and many tours are not having issues anymore (a bunch did in August).  I mean, look at the Louder than Life festival that happened this weekend.

Since they talk about local mandates, makes me wonder if the band themselves don't comply with the mandates, but that's just speculation on my part.  Not sure if moving to February will change anything regarding ticket sales so not really thinking that plays a role.

Hard to read the covid numbers accurately. In my state it's almost impossible to get a covid test anymore. The numbers look to be getting steady just because they can't test anymore than they are.

I think this may have something to do with the fact that they may not be comfortable with meet and greets which are a big money maker. Stuff isn't selling as well. If any shows get canceled they may not even break even.

I agree that February may be even worse though.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #300 on: September 27, 2021, 10:51:56 AM »
My only question is what happens if the rescheduled date is something I can't make?  If I don't get a no questions asked 100% refund (including all fees), I'm gonna be PISSED.

For pretty much every tour I've seen since this pandemic started, they give you the option for a refund once they announce the new dates, just not when they announce there will be a postponement.

I think this may have something to do with the fact that they may not be comfortable with meet and greets which are a big money maker.

Were they even offering those this time around?  I feel like most bands have not been doing those, which makes a lot of sense.

I guess I just personally feel like if you aren't comfortable now, you won't be comfortable in February.  I don't want to turn this into the covid thread, but a lot of the experts don't expect this to be "over" early 2022, but later in 2022.

People have been attending indoor shows here for about a month now.  All have been vaccine or negative test to get in and while I'm sure someone has gotten sick, I haven't heard or read about any of these shows being spreader events.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #301 on: September 27, 2021, 11:09:11 AM »

I think this may have something to do with the fact that they may not be comfortable with meet and greets which are a big money maker.

Were they even offering those this time around?  I feel like most bands have not been doing those, which makes a lot of sense.

I guess I just personally feel like if you aren't comfortable now, you won't be comfortable in February.  I don't want to turn this into the covid thread, but a lot of the experts don't expect this to be "over" early 2022, but later in 2022.

People have been attending indoor shows here for about a month now.  All have been vaccine or negative test to get in and while I'm sure someone has gotten sick, I haven't heard or read about any of these shows being spreader events.

Most places aren't doing much contact tracing anymore though. I agree with you that it won't be over in February but I read one analysis that there may actually be a drop in cases and that the disease is peaking or plateauing or something. I personally dont understand it because it deals with expontials and other crap and I'm not a math guy.

All I know is when everything opened up when only 40-50% of the country was vaccinated I was like, "this ain't gonna last."

Edit: oh and I think they did have meet and greets scheduled

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #302 on: September 27, 2021, 11:15:08 AM »
I actually think it's a big concern for JLB. And if he doesn't feel comfortable, I could see why they would postpone.

It could also be a mandate thing as they don't want to cancel any show and deal with having to arrive at the venue or the next city and not play.

Overall, in a business sort of sense, it's more wiser to wait if they do not want to deal with all the hassle, especially with how things can change in an instant now.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #303 on: September 27, 2021, 11:26:39 AM »

I got a c-note that says it doesn't happen in February either.  I'll even give 2:1 odds.  Any takers?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #304 on: September 27, 2021, 11:36:42 AM »

I got a c-note that says it doesn't happen in February either.  I'll even give 2:1 odds.  Any takers?

I'm legit surprised and I don't see a person in that room  :lol.  But I will agree with you on it happening in Feb for the reason I already shared.  If you are too worried to do it in November, I don't see how you will be feeling much better come February.  I'd love to hear someone from the touring agency give a reason why they think February will be safer than November. I'm not sure the vaccine mandates will be over by then either.  I expect to be showing my proof until next summer for large events at the earliest.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #305 on: September 27, 2021, 12:30:02 PM »

Just and FYI, I went to a Meet and Greet for Megadeth last month. There was no pic with the band or the table where you get your stuff signed and chat.  They came out and sat in front of their photo banner with microphones and took questions (pre-asked from us earlier). It lasted about 45 minutes. It was actually pretty good!

Where I live, there was a mask mandate regardless of vaccination status. There was a large GA area (where I was) and really no one was wearing their mask. I did, as I thought, "this seems like the place to spread it - what with the sweaty, spitty moshers running into me".

I have someone who works for me. Got covid, but at a wedding he went to and not the music festival he went to.

I understand and I definately wouldn't want the band to get sick. I was supposed to see Foreigner (no judgments -just want to go to a concert!) last night and they cancelled just a few days ago because of covid.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #306 on: September 27, 2021, 12:48:20 PM »

This is my question as well. I'm sure TICKETMASTER will be very easy to deal with
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #307 on: September 27, 2021, 12:51:44 PM »
Yeah, I've seen a few bands do different versions of meet and greets.  Rarely the traditional sense.  311 did virtual ones for example.  Skillet did the Q&A.  I saw John 5 doing legit ones (from what it seemed like from pictures on twitter).  And most bands just flat out aren't doing them. 

As for bands touring with Covid, Jonathan Davis of Korn got covid pretty bad but last night performed their make up concert locally.  A lot of bands are finding their way through this pandemic to still get shows on.  Less Than Jake recently had a covid positive in their camp and had to not play a few dates of their tour supporting New Found Glory but now are back on the tour performing again.  I am going to that show locally on Wednesday (indoors, proof of vaccine or negative test to get in, it's sold out ~ 2k people).

The opening band I saw last weekend, Hirie, the singer was out mingling in the pit after their set.  No masks or anything.  Everyone is just different in their risks.  DT seem to be on the safer side from this call.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #308 on: September 27, 2021, 12:53:45 PM »
To avoid confusion, I'm going to go ahead and lock this for now since we have a dedicated thread with the tour postponement in the title and first post.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."