Author Topic: Tour incoming? (New Tour dates announced)  (Read 25208 times)

Offline geeeemo

Re: Tour incoming? (New Tour dates announced)
« Reply #245 on: August 01, 2021, 10:52:36 PM »
So, who is going to look at the setlist? Last tour I didn't and it was...like wow!
My son and I were in LA, and it was Super loud. We both were newish fans, and when Nightmare started we were just smiling and looking at each other in total excitement. No way to say anything at that moment. I will always remember it!.
So, nope not looking!

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #246 on: August 01, 2021, 11:02:49 PM »
So, who is going to look at the setlist? Last tour I didn't and it was...like wow!
My son and I were in LA, and it was Super loud. We both were newish fans, and when Nightmare started we were just smiling and looking at each other in total excitement. No way to say anything at that moment. I will always remember it!.
So, nope not looking!

Well, Unless anyone closer to the band on here drops any hints, I won't know until the show I'm going to.  :corn

Which is better for me. As I also, tried to do this as much as I could, but I looked at it when I was drinking a few at a bar the night before.  :facepalm: I remembered the songs but forgot the running order, so was a bit surprised hearing A Nightmare To Remember right after Untethered Angel. I looked at my friend and said, "Oh snap, they're going straight into this long song. Hope everyone's ready for it." I was more excited to hear how they would do MP's rough vocal section and was glad JLB did it. The best was when they played ITPOE Pt.1 though, the guitar solo in the intro gets me every time. Actually, now that I ponder about it, that might be my all-time favorite JP solo.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #247 on: August 01, 2021, 11:44:49 PM »
So, nope not looking!

Well, Unless anyone closer to the band on here drops any hints, I won't know until the show I'm going to.  :corn

Which is better for me. As I also, tried to do this as much as I could, but I looked at it when I was drinking a few at a bar the night before.  :facepalm: I remembered the songs but forgot the running order, so was a bit surprised hearing A Nightmare To Remember right after Untethered Angel. I looked at my friend and said, "Oh snap, they're going straight into this long song. Hope everyone's ready for it." I was more excited to hear how they would do MP's rough vocal section and was glad JLB did it. The best was when they played ITPOE Pt.1 though, the guitar solo in the intro gets me every time. Actually, now that I ponder about it, that might be my all-time favorite JP solo.

ITPOE was the 2nd great surprise. ITPOE is probably my top 3. Home top 5. But Home was a bucket list song. When I first discovered DT in 2016, Home was the song that really cemented my love affair with DT. I couldn't wait to hear it. And like I said it was so loud, but the crowd got in this vibe during the intro, all swaying as one - a concert experience I will never forget!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #248 on: August 02, 2021, 08:52:19 AM »
I usually can't resist the urge, especially as my show is closer towards the end of the tour. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #249 on: August 02, 2021, 10:05:22 AM »
So, nope not looking!

I think I'd prefer not to do so, but I probably will.  I too was at one of the Wiltern shows, and I think knowing that the first set would be just meh allowed me to go with it a bit better -- no expectations that wouldn't get fulfilled.

On the other hand, I'll be at the third show of the tour on a Saturday, so if I can get through Friday without seeing what they played in Mesa, I might be able to do it since I don't always get on DTF on the weekends.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #250 on: August 02, 2021, 10:18:45 AM »
So, nope not looking!

I think I'd prefer not to do so, but I probably will.  I too was at one of the Wiltern shows, and I think knowing that the first set would be just meh allowed me to go with it a bit better -- no expectations that wouldn't get fulfilled.

On the other hand, I'll be at the third show of the tour on a Saturday, so if I can get through Friday without seeing what they played in Mesa, I might be able to do it since I don't always get on DTF on the weekends.

Ya, it is easier going to an earlier show, I will be in Oakland. I just turn off all DT social media. I don't know if I could do it if I had to wait a month or two. It will require many listens to the new record since I will want to know the songs when they play them...There are sure worse ways to spend my time!! :metal

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #251 on: August 02, 2021, 02:10:32 PM »
Gotta check the setlists early on to see if there are any rotating songs (doubtful :facepalm:) which may lead to seeing another show other than red bank.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #252 on: August 02, 2021, 02:23:43 PM »
Gotta check the setlists early on to see if there are any rotating songs (doubtful :facepalm:) which may lead to seeing another show other than red bank.

This will play a role for me as well, it will open up going to Philly as well as Red Bank for me.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #253 on: August 04, 2021, 03:27:37 PM »
Ticket sales are underwhelming at best right now.  I suppose many folks are hedging their bets as to whether or not they want to go to a public show this Fall.  I checked many different venues, from San Diego to St. Pete's, and NC to Texas.  Lotta seats still available.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #254 on: August 04, 2021, 03:52:24 PM »
Ticket sales are underwhelming at best right now.  I suppose many folks are hedging their bets as to whether or not they want to go to a public show this Fall.  I checked many different venues, from San Diego to St. Pete's, and NC to Texas.  Lotta seats still available.
It looks like they sold all of the seated portion of the Dallas show. Only GA remains. However, there's not seating chart for the godawful venue they're playing, so I'm not sure how many seats they made available. If they sold all they had available last time they came through, though, I'd call this a smashing success. Far more likely they cut way back on the number of rows and increased the GA in the rear.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #255 on: August 04, 2021, 05:38:19 PM »

I'm not surprised.  With the delta variant running wild, a lot of people are going to sit back and see how things play out.  DT also has a much older crowd these days so it makes sense for the more covid susceptible people to be weary.

Also, maybe the new album plays a role.  People may also want to wait until it drops before buying a ticket.

The Red Bank venue was actually sold out last time they came through

Offline Trav86

« Reply #256 on: August 04, 2021, 06:39:14 PM »
It looks like they sold all of the seated portion of the Dallas show. Only GA remains. However, there's not seating chart for the godawful venue they're playing, so I'm not sure how many seats they made available. If they sold all they had available last time they came through, though, I'd call this a smashing success. Far more likely they cut way back on the number of rows and increased the GA in the rear.

I got section A Row 2 the day they went on sale. And, I’m not even sure where my seat is.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #257 on: August 04, 2021, 07:11:02 PM »

I got section A Row 2 the day they went on sale. And, I’m not even sure where my seat is.
What's worse, once you get there the staff won't know where your seat is, either. Last time it took them 5 minutes to figure out where our seats were and how to get us to them. Now that I think about it, not giving us a seating chart might actually be an improvement. At least if I don't know where I'm sitting I won't be confused after they rearrange everything from what I was expecting, like the last tour there.  :lol

Have I mentioned that The Bomb Factory sucks ass?

For what it's worth, A should be the entire front section, which is 40 or so seats wide. You (and we) should have second row, and seat numbers dictate where they are in relation to center. At least that's how it worked last time.

This is what it was last time around, but one of the aisles was missing:

Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Trav86

« Reply #258 on: August 04, 2021, 07:19:33 PM »
Where I get confused is those front two rows are for special guests. At least I think it was last time.  Last time I got the platinum package, as soon as they went on sale, and those two rows weren’t available for purchase. So I don’t know if section A is front of JM or JP. I’d rather be in front of JP, so it would be nice to know.

And yes, that place sucks. At the last DT show (the only time I’ve been there) there was still a line of people trying to get help finding their seats after the show had started. You might have been in that.

And it’s the only venue for a rock show that I’ve seen selling homemade tamales. I’m not even sure what I think about that 🤣
Can't we find the minds

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #259 on: August 04, 2021, 07:32:59 PM »
Wang Center in Boston capacity is 3500. Tons of seats still available..

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #260 on: August 04, 2021, 08:22:38 PM »
Where I get confused is those front two rows are for special guests. At least I think it was last time.  Last time I got the platinum package, as soon as they went on sale, and those two rows weren’t available for purchase. So I don’t know if section A is front of JM or JP. I’d rather be in front of JP, so it would be nice to know.

And yes, that place sucks. At the last DT show (the only time I’ve been there) there was still a line of people trying to get help finding their seats after the show had started. You might have been in that.

And it’s the only venue for a rock show that I’ve seen selling homemade tamales. I’m not even sure what I think about that 🤣
There was a line of people out the door when the show started, and I was in it. If it takes you an hour and a half to admit your audience, don't open the doors an hour before the show starts.  >:(

And I don't think there's anything special about the front rows. Progmetty had a seat in the front row last time around.
E.F. Benson

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #261 on: August 05, 2021, 08:27:28 AM »
I don't think looking at current seating charts is a good way to gauge how well tickets are selling. The actually numbers might be even more bleak. I took the below screenshot seconds after tickets became available for the CT show and before they were available to the general public at all. No way all those seats sold in half a minute on day one of presale.

Here's the seating chart as of a minute ago.

What really pisses me off is that there are seats that are now available that weren't when they initially went on sale.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 08:32:46 AM by Chino »

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #262 on: August 05, 2021, 08:39:40 AM »
It's not like anyone decided not to go anymore and those seats are now available to buy.  :)
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #263 on: August 05, 2021, 05:53:58 PM »
I know it would not happen, but now with their 5th post MP cd being released in October, I think it would be not only fun, but also quite refreshing if this upcoming tour concentrated ONLY on the MM era material. How about this set list:

intro: False Awakening Suite
1. The Alien
2. Answering The Call
3. Our New World
4. Lost Not Forgotten
5. Out of Reach
6. Transcending Time
7. S2N
8. On The Backs of Angels
9. The Enemy Inside
10. Sleeping Giant
11. Surrender To Reason
12. Untethered Angel
13. Bridges in The Sky
encore:
14. A View From The Top of The World

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #264 on: August 05, 2021, 06:07:07 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #265 on: August 05, 2021, 06:58:24 PM »
Some of the venues have cordoned off sections, like in LA it is clear that the far wings of the venue are not being made available for sale, and other venues have certain back balcony sections not available.  During the live show, they actually use a black curtain to hide these seats.

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #266 on: August 05, 2021, 10:01:06 PM »
It's still going to take some ample time before attendances return to normal. This covid variant is reeking havoc. :censored >:(

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #267 on: August 05, 2021, 11:31:00 PM »
I know it would not happen, but now with their 5th post MP cd being released in October, I think it would be not only fun, but also quite refreshing if this upcoming tour concentrated ONLY on the MM era material.

I'd love that.

Please elaborate.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #269 on: August 06, 2021, 05:52:13 AM »
I think it's time to bust out Hell's Kitchen.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #270 on: August 06, 2021, 06:33:39 AM »
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #271 on: August 06, 2021, 10:39:33 AM »
I think it would be not only fun, but also quite refreshing if this upcoming tour concentrated ONLY on the MM era material.

Please, no.

Please elaborate.
Clearly, he's quoting JM.  :biggrin:

:lol :lol
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #272 on: August 06, 2021, 06:50:33 PM »
I think it's time to bust out Hell's Kitchen.

Last time played https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c_aBELUj4w only 3.5ish years ago.  There's many more songs IMO that need to be busted out... the glass prison is my personal choice.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #273 on: August 07, 2021, 11:19:36 AM »

That would be me. Starting to wonder if it was a good idea to get Neal Morse tickets for October so I'm holding off until I get a better idea of what November is going to look like. 

Offline Trav86

« Reply #274 on: August 14, 2021, 03:09:52 PM »
I went to see how many tickets were available still for the Dallas show, it looks like it’s sold out!
Can't we find the minds

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #275 on: August 19, 2021, 05:57:10 PM »

I'm not surprised.  With the delta variant running wild, a lot of people are going to sit back and see how things play out.  DT also has a much older crowd these days so it makes sense for the more covid susceptible people to be weary.

Also, maybe the new album plays a role.  People may also want to wait until it drops before buying a ticket.

The Red Bank venue was actually sold out last time they came through

Waiting to see how things play out.  If I feel comfortable, I'm pretty sure I can find tickets closer to the show.

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #276 on: August 21, 2021, 04:31:34 PM »
The Ottawa and Quebec City tickets are still not available. Anyone know anything about what's going on? I can't find anything on the venue websites about the events.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #277 on: August 21, 2021, 08:05:31 PM »
I think it'll be a miracle if these dates go as planned.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #278 on: August 21, 2021, 08:20:01 PM »

My thoughts/fears exactly.
Can't we find the minds

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #279 on: August 23, 2021, 09:48:39 AM »

"go as planned" for sure.  But I think they will try to make this tour happen as best as possible.  There keeps on being new tours announced so it does seem the touring industry is pushing on.  But also, so many postponements and cancellations too.  Also some bands are backing out of tours (Nine Inch Nails for example) so it's possible they decide to not do it.  However, I think most bands not only want to get back out on tour, may financially need to be out there.  I don't know about DT, but they are a band that always tours.  I get the feeling they aren't going to back out unless they get sick or things continue to get worse in the next month or two.

If your show is at the start of the tour, I'd feel fairly confident it will go on as planned.  The later ones are where it's possible covid creeps into the band and causes postponements/cancellations. 

EDIT: Just to add, the Count Basie Theatre in NJ just announced it will require vaccinations to see concerts this fall, which will include the DT show. 
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 10:28:22 AM by cramx3 »