Author Topic: Tour incoming? (New Tour dates announced)  (Read 25280 times)

Offline Joshgirouard

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
Re: Tour incoming? (New Tour dates announced)
« Reply #210 on: July 29, 2021, 04:50:07 PM »
Hey guys I have a decent pair of tickets for sale for the Toronto show . My wife and I both got a pair so we only need 1 pair . I posted in the ticket buy/sell thread . Under face value. Thanks for looking

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #211 on: July 29, 2021, 05:06:16 PM »
So, who's going where to see what show?

Kings Theatre Brooklyn... 4th row dead center...dang I hope Covid doesn’t f this trip up.  Airfare and tickets

right? In the same boat...

I'm so hesitant to book travel for a concert because of this.  I bought a ticket for Metallica/Cage the Elephant/Greta Van Fleet in Atlanta in November and I haven't booked the flight because I'm waiting to see.  I have a flight credit to Atlanta from 2020 that I need to use before March.  It seems I can pay a small bit to be able to cancel things which I may do though.  But I've read so many people being mad on social media when Gojira/Deftones tour got cancelled and they can't refund their travel plans.

I'm kinda of in the same boat. I can drive to each venue and can stay with either family or friends but I do have concerns that the event could be postponed.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #212 on: July 29, 2021, 05:35:59 PM »
I have listed tickets for Houston and Denver at my cost. I had a terrible time with the presale and these are extra.

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #213 on: July 29, 2021, 07:15:24 PM »
Got tickets for LA. AXS fuckin sucks. They don’t even give me the option for a physical ticket to add to my collection. Had to download some stupid app.
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #214 on: July 29, 2021, 07:28:44 PM »
Got tickets for LA. AXS fuckin sucks. They don’t even give me the option for a physical ticket to add to my collection. Had to download some stupid app.

I've never been a fan of AXS which my local ballroom exclusively uses, but the options for a physical ticket are limited on many concerts these days regardless.  My DT ticket had the option, figured it's not worth it. I will print it and cut the "ticket" part out to put in my collection instead as I've been doing the last few years.  In the case I can't make it, the digital ticket is much easier to transfer than physical.

One other option I've found, if you just want to buy ticket to show that isn't sold out and don't care about picking specifically for your tickets, go to the box office and buy them there for a physical ticket.  Also, the will call option, you can pick the tickets up. If that's an option.  These days people, myself included, want to pick the specific seat easily online and the price we pay is a digital ticket now adays.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #215 on: July 30, 2021, 11:03:28 AM »

Got my ticket for Dallas. We had to pay like an extra $15 to get a physical ticket. Pass.

Anyway. Row 2!
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #216 on: July 30, 2021, 11:28:18 AM »

I shall be there at the LA show.  Lower Mezz Left Center A401.  Honestly, I rather be paying AXS fees than Live Nation fees.  The tickets regardless in either one will always be mobile.  I don't think I would have paid like $52.00 for a Mezz seat if this was at a Live Nation venue (Hollywood Palladium or Wiltern as an example).  At least, I will be in the front row of my section so no one should ideally block my view.  That enough is the worth the price to me.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #217 on: July 30, 2021, 12:00:49 PM »

I'm making a homemade ticket for posterity - printing and cutting details from my confirmation notice.

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #218 on: July 30, 2021, 04:13:38 PM »
I'm still patiently awaiting for the Ottawa tickets to appear literally anywhere. :lol

Offline jjfumbly

« Reply #219 on: July 30, 2021, 04:31:37 PM »
I'm still patiently awaiting for the Ottawa tickets to appear literally anywhere. :lol

Me too. I have second row tickets for Laval as well. I’ll be seeing both. I remember that I had a ticket for Kitchener in 2019 and when they announced the Ottawa show last minute I just had to grab a spot. I can’t not see DT in my home city when they come.

Last minute front row!! What a night it was.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #220 on: July 30, 2021, 05:02:48 PM »
Just saw that platinum ticket holder will get a socially distanced picture with the band. Was wondering how they would do meet and greets. Heat is picking up with this delta variant so theres a part of me that's wondering if this tour will even happen. Regardless, even if vaccinated, they're taking a bit of a risk.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #221 on: July 30, 2021, 06:06:59 PM »
Might be the first concert where the band asks the crowd not to cheer.  Just sit there quietly.

Which shouldn't be too big of an issue for us here in Los Angeles.  :facepalm:

Offline GasparXR

« Reply #222 on: July 30, 2021, 06:21:34 PM »

Me too. I have second row tickets for Laval as well. I’ll be seeing both. I remember that I had a ticket for Kitchener in 2019 and when they announced the Ottawa show last minute I just had to grab a spot. I can’t not see DT in my home city when they come.

Last minute front row!! What a night it was.

I probably would have seen them twice if I had the money :lol I got the Kitchener tickets right away before Ottawa was revealed. I am so glad they're playing here now though. They usually stick to Montreal and Toronto.

Offline TM172003

« Reply #223 on: July 31, 2021, 11:23:06 AM »
Completely off topic but Jordan just posted him playing a section from The Count of Tuscany which, unless he just relearnt it for the fun of it, has me hopeful that they might be playing it on the upcoming tour, which would be amazing.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #224 on: July 31, 2021, 11:37:20 AM »
Completely off topic but Jordan just posted him playing a section from The Count of Tuscany which, unless he just relearnt it for the fun of it, has me hopeful that they might be playing it on the upcoming tour, which would be amazing.
That would be awesome, I'm all for it.  :tup
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline DTA

« Reply #225 on: July 31, 2021, 12:25:03 PM »

I just can’t see them doing Tuscany when they have a new epic to play (which is almost a guarantee to make the setlist). I’d rather them bring back Wither if they want to represent BC&SL.

Offline GasparXR

« Reply #226 on: July 31, 2021, 01:23:34 PM »

I just can’t see them doing Tuscany when they have a new epic to play (which is almost a guarantee to make the setlist). I’d rather them bring back Wither if they want to represent BC&SL.

As much as I'd want to see TCOT (even though they've played two epics in a set before), considering the shorter show length, I think Wither is more likely to represent BC&SL. Plus I also love that song so I'd be fine with that. That being said, I could still see them playing both.

I'm curious if they're still sticking with the two-set format with a break in the middle, just shorter than the 3-hour shows, or if they're doing like on the ADTOE tour with no breaks.

Offline sfam2112

• "Oops!" Insurance Salesman
« Reply #227 on: July 31, 2021, 01:24:22 PM »

Well, he also posted a video of him playing it not long before the Distant Memories shows leading a lot of people to believe  they were going to play it for one of those shows and it didn't happen.
I wouldn't mind if they played it but I'm really hoping they resurrect The Glass Prison and Scarred (or something from Awake) instead.
My music:
https://soundcloud.com/tommybrittmusic

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie

Offline GasparXR

« Reply #228 on: July 31, 2021, 01:35:15 PM »
The Glass Prison is a song I've wanted them to play for a long time since it's been ages, but over time I've started to like the song less and less, so I'd rather something like Blind Faith or Misunderstood to come back. Basically anything from SDOIT Disc 1 that isn't The Great Debate. :lol

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #229 on: July 31, 2021, 02:03:26 PM »
The Glass Prison is a song I've wanted them to play for a long time since it's been ages, but over time I've started to like the song less and less, so I'd rather something like Blind Faith or Misunderstood to come back. Basically anything from SDOIT Disc 1 that isn't The Great Debate. :lol

I'd rather see Misunderstood if anything from 6DOIT. Blind Faith I would also love to see...

Actually I would like to see any 6DOIT song besides TGP, WIMH and TTTSTA.

Only as I have seen TGP and nothing will top that transition into This Dying Soul they did on Gigantour.

Also, if they do play The Glass Prison. There will be people complaining it's too slow, as they will most likely set the tempo of the click to the album tempo, in order to make that arpeggio section easier for JP. And to help Myung with the parts he finds difficult as was recently revealed.

Interesting to know that not only does JP find that song difficult to play live, but JM also does.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Trav86

« Reply #230 on: July 31, 2021, 02:50:25 PM »
Since they’re not doing an Evening With show, I doubt they’ll play any 10+ minute king songs that aren’t new. Like, on the ADTOE tour. All of the older songs were “shorter” ones. But I’ve been wrong before. Just ask my wife.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #231 on: July 31, 2021, 03:00:45 PM »
:lol

I just hope the older songs they include this time aren't ones they've already played with this lineup. There's a bunch of stuff from WDADU, AWK, FII, SDOIT, TOT, OVM, SC and BC&SL they haven't played with MM yet that would be great additions to the setlist instead of doing PMU, Metropolis, TSCO or AIA again.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 06:05:44 PM by gzarruk »
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #232 on: July 31, 2021, 04:13:03 PM »
Since they’re not doing an Evening With show, I doubt they’ll play any 10+ minute king songs that aren’t new. Like, on the ADTOE tour. All of the older songs were “shorter” ones. But I’ve been wrong before. Just ask my wife.

This is what I am thinking as well. I wonder how much the setlist will be heavy on the new album songs?

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline Buckeye69

« Reply #233 on: July 31, 2021, 04:29:21 PM »
Just saw that platinum ticket holder will get a socially distanced picture with the band. Was wondering how they would do meet and greets. Heat is picking up with this delta variant so theres a part of me that's wondering if this tour will even happen. Regardless, even if vaccinated, they're taking a bit of a risk.

Are you talking about the platinum seats that Ticketmaster is selling or the VIP upgrades?  I saw where you get the socially distanced photo with the VIP upgrade, but was wondering if you'd also get that with the platinum tickets from TM(which I have for 2 shows)?

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #234 on: July 31, 2021, 04:52:33 PM »

Are you talking about the platinum seats that Ticketmaster is selling or the VIP upgrades?  I saw where you get the socially distanced photo with the VIP upgrade, but was wondering if you'd also get that with the platinum tickets from TM(which I have for 2 shows)?

Sorry. I'm not sure. It is probably the VIP upgrade. 

I really haven't paid much attention since initially those platinum seats were only reserved for VIP packages a decade ago so I think I incorrectly intermixed the two.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #235 on: July 31, 2021, 05:17:40 PM »

Platinum tickets from TM don't come with anything special related to the band, it's just an offer for "prime spot" tickets that are dynamically priced based on the demand for the show.  One of the things I can't stand about the current state of the ticketing process  :facepalm:

Offline pg1067

« Reply #236 on: July 31, 2021, 06:21:36 PM »
:lol

I just hope the older songs they include this time aren't ones they've already played with this lineup. There's a bunch of stuff from WDADU, AWK, FII, SDOIT, TOT, OVM, SC and BC&SL they haven't played with MM yet that would be great additions to the setlist instead of doing PMU, Metropolis, TSCO or AIA again.

I'm kinda thinking that, after the I&W&B tour and the SFAM20 shows, anything off those two albums is relatively unlikely.

And count me with those who'd love to see Wither.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online DTwwbwMP

« Reply #237 on: July 31, 2021, 07:28:47 PM »
So, who's going where to see what show?

Oakland
Denver
Houston

Red Bank NJ for me.  Typically I try to go to 2 shows because they usually play NJ and NYC, but Brooklyn is a bit of a stretch for me to get to during the week.  If anything, the Saturday night in Philly would be my 2nd show, but I'm not rushing to grab a ticket for that date.  We will see.  I'm happy to be in the front row for my local show though.

Red Bank as well. 7th row center on aisle (JP side as always). Took 7th row instead of 6th and saved $30+ per ticket :metal

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #238 on: July 31, 2021, 09:06:28 PM »
I got seats in row 2, right in front of JM. I'm so excited. Last tour was my first DT show and I was in the back of the orchestra which felt super close, so this will be unreal. I play bass and JM is a huge inspiration for me. Very excited.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #239 on: August 01, 2021, 01:13:36 AM »
Looks like The Count of Tuscany may be played. On DT’s stories on Facebook, JR was playing it.

All of the comments on Facebook for the Minneapolis show are hilarious to me. “Why did it have to be Minneapolis, why not St Paul.” “Heard Minneapolis is lovely right now!”
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #240 on: August 01, 2021, 06:43:57 AM »

I'd rather see Misunderstood if anything from 6DOIT. Blind Faith I would also love to see...

Actually I would like to see any 6DOIT song besides TGP, WIMH and TTTSTA.

Only as I have seen TGP and nothing will top that transition into This Dying Soul they did on Gigantour.

Also, if they do play The Glass Prison. There will be people complaining it's too slow, as they will most likely set the tempo of the click to the album tempo, in order to make that arpeggio section easier for JP. And to help Myung with the parts he finds difficult as was recently revealed.

Interesting to know that not only does JP find that song difficult to play live, but JM also does.

I would personally be ok with never seeing any songs from the Six Degrees suite or The Spirit Carries On. The Spirit Carries On is my bathroom break song.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #241 on: August 01, 2021, 07:56:30 AM »
Row F on the left side (closest to the center aisle, and we have no center section, so we will be as dead center as you can get) for the STL show!   :metal :metal

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #242 on: August 01, 2021, 03:44:55 PM »
$225 for a socially distanced photo with the band?  No thanks.  Sure, there's the tote bag with stuff that I'm generally not interested in, but the meet and greet is the main attraction. Everything else is just filler to justify the steep price.  Eliminating the M&G  also removes the incentive for me to dig deep into my pockets.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #243 on: August 01, 2021, 03:50:17 PM »
$225 for a socially distanced photo with the band?  No thanks.  Sure, there's the tote bag with stuff that I'm generally not interested in, but the meet and greet is the main attraction. Everything else is just filler to justify the steep price.  Eliminating the M&G  also removes the incentive for me to dig deep into my pockets.

I don't blame you. I don't blame the band either.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #244 on: August 01, 2021, 10:24:39 PM »
I'll be at the first show in Mesa, AZ.  :metal :metal

Anyone else going to this show?