Author Topic: Tour incoming? (New Tour dates announced)  (Read 25210 times)

Offline tnphelps

Re: Tour incoming? (New Tour dates announced)
« Reply #175 on: July 29, 2021, 09:28:57 AM »
One again they skip South Florida completely and go to Orlando and Sr. Petersburg (90 miles apart) where there is no metal scene and every club plays EDM. BS.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #176 on: July 29, 2021, 10:00:45 AM »
The Facebook password METROPOLIS seemed to work for me.
EDIT: But I will note that I was not able to buy tickets on my desktop for some reason.  Had to execute the transaction on my iPad.
Thanks, this code worked for me for the Seattle show. I was able to buy tickets from my desktop as well.

Tried the passcode for the nashville presale and it did not work.  Hopefully some tickets will be available tomorrow for the regular sale.  How do you get a passcode?  I know sometimes you have to have a special credit card to be eligible for the code.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #177 on: July 29, 2021, 10:10:18 AM »
So, who's going where to see what show?

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #178 on: July 29, 2021, 10:12:43 AM »

Oakland
Denver
Houston

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #179 on: July 29, 2021, 10:15:27 AM »

I'm holding off until early Nov for 4 reasons

Price
Location (90 min drive for me no matter what)
Status of the pandemic/border situation come November.
But most importantly, last time a tour was announced before an album dropped, I regretted spending my money (on the album, and on the concert). 

I'll wait until I hear the album, and see what kind of seats get thrown back into the pool the week before the Toronto and/or Rochester shows.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #180 on: July 29, 2021, 10:30:07 AM »

Price
But most importantly, last time a tour was announced before an album dropped, I regretted spending my money (on the album, and on the concert). 

I'll wait until I hear the album, and see what kind of seats get thrown back into the pool the week before the Toronto and/or Rochester shows.

That's kind of what I'm doing.   I'm usually able to get decent tickets nearer to the show, and that's what I'm going to do here.  I'm also kicking around two NMB shows, so there's that, too. 

If I go to DT, it will be NYC, Wallingford or Boston.  Wallingford is closest, but NYC and/or Boston are more fun.  We'll see.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #181 on: July 29, 2021, 10:30:22 AM »
One again they skip South Florida completely and go to Orlando and Sr. Petersburg (90 miles apart) where there is no metal scene and every club plays EDM. BS.
Given that the tour leg is ending in Florida (and therefore adding a date in southern Florida would not be a scheduling problem), I think it's safe to say you can thank the local promoters for not stepping up to the plate. I feel your pain more than you could possibly know, but be glad they're not *that* far away from you. I'm sure someone in Billings, MT would love for DT to be performing 3.5 hours away.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #182 on: July 29, 2021, 10:56:09 AM »

Price

That's kind of what I'm doing.   I'm usually able to get decent tickets nearer to the show, and that's what I'm going to do here.  I'm also kicking around two NMB shows, so there's that, too. 

If I go to DT, it will be NYC, Wallingford or Boston.  Wallingford is closest, but NYC and/or Boston are more fun.  We'll see.

Already got my ticket for the Boston show.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #183 on: July 29, 2021, 10:57:49 AM »
Looks like they're skipping Albany this time. Next closest to me would be Boston or CT. Not sure if I justify that trip for a shorter gig, unless I combine it with something else.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #184 on: July 29, 2021, 11:09:15 AM »
Plenty of codes out there, but none of them will work for the AXS site for Los Angeles.  Anyone have any luck with Dallas, as that's also ticketed by AXS?

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #185 on: July 29, 2021, 11:10:47 AM »
Just got a seat in 5th row center for LA  :metal
This will be my 12th DT show  :hefdaddy

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #186 on: July 29, 2021, 11:11:52 AM »
Plenty of codes out there, but none of them will work for the AXS site for Los Angeles.  Anyone have any luck with Dallas, as that's also ticketed by AXS?
If anyone is looking for LA, presale code is POPSICLE.  General promoter presale code for LA area shows on sale this week

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #187 on: July 29, 2021, 11:14:28 AM »

I'm going to the Charlotte show. I'd like to try and make St. Pete too but I'm not sure if that will be possible.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #188 on: July 29, 2021, 11:18:32 AM »
Looks like they're skipping Albany this time. Next closest to me would be Boston or CT. Not sure if I justify that trip for a shorter gig, unless I combine it with something else.

Go to the CT show and take a pizza tour of New Haven while you're here.

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #189 on: July 29, 2021, 11:24:32 AM »

Yes

(inB4 "no, we're talking about Dream Theater" or similar)

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #190 on: July 29, 2021, 11:26:59 AM »
If anyone is looking for LA, presale code is POPSICLE.  General promoter presale code for LA area shows on sale this week

You're the best!  Secured second row, right side in the pit.  How on earth did you uncover that code?  I subscribe to a million ticketing services for these codes, and AXS didn't send me anything (yet).  Thanks again!  Edit:  In my scramble I didn't see the general promoter comment.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #191 on: July 29, 2021, 11:30:32 AM »

You're the best!  Secured second row, right side in the pit.  How on earth did you uncover that code?  I subscribe to a million ticketing services for these codes, and AXS didn't send me anything (yet).  Thanks again!
I got an email from Goldenvoice last night, they'e one of the promoters under the AEG umbrella since the whole LA Live complex are AEG venues.   Glad it worked!

Offline DT89

« Reply #192 on: July 29, 2021, 11:31:39 AM »
Snagged a ticket for the Philly show, aisle seat 6 rows back from the pit on JP's side. Might do more than one show, not sure yet.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 11:43:18 AM by DT89 »

Offline pg1067

« Reply #193 on: July 29, 2021, 11:38:12 AM »

Thank you!

Got mine for the LA show.  Pit left (JM's side), sixth row on the center aisle.

Secured second row, right side in the pit.

JP's side?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline wideworldofmike

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #194 on: July 29, 2021, 11:39:53 AM »
Can confirm WSOU worked for the brooklyn show presale. Tickets were reasonably priced in presale!
Bummer none of the codes seem to work for Charlotte, if I can't find one I'll see what the tickets are like for general sale tomorrow.

Here's a running list I found last night:

METROPOLIS
SUNNY
PANIC
MARQUEE
IMAGES
SHARK
DT2021
DTTCT
GUITAR
WSOU

Offline duff

« Reply #195 on: July 29, 2021, 12:09:20 PM »
The Facebook password METROPOLIS seemed to work for me.
EDIT: But I will note that I was not able to buy tickets on my desktop for some reason.  Had to execute the transaction on my iPad.
Thanks, this code worked for me for the Seattle show. I was able to buy tickets from my desktop as well.
Tried the passcode for the nashville presale and it did not work.  Hopefully some tickets will be available tomorrow for the regular sale.  How do you get a passcode?  I know sometimes you have to have a special credit card to be eligible for the code.

Some above said HOME worked for Nashville

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #196 on: July 29, 2021, 12:32:46 PM »

Oakland
Denver
Houston

Red Bank NJ for me.  Typically I try to go to 2 shows because they usually play NJ and NYC, but Brooklyn is a bit of a stretch for me to get to during the week.  If anything, the Saturday night in Philly would be my 2nd show, but I'm not rushing to grab a ticket for that date.  We will see.  I'm happy to be in the front row for my local show though.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #197 on: July 29, 2021, 12:43:58 PM »

CT for me.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #198 on: July 29, 2021, 01:10:32 PM »

CT for me.

Going to the Ottawa show once tickets start selling. Where have y'all been entering the presale codes?

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #199 on: July 29, 2021, 01:22:29 PM »
Chicago for me 👍

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #200 on: July 29, 2021, 01:36:43 PM »

Thank you!

Got mine for the LA show.  Pit left (JM's side), sixth row on the center aisle.

Secured second row, right side in the pit.

JP's side?

Yes, JP side, near the aisle.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #201 on: July 29, 2021, 01:37:26 PM »

Oakland
Denver
Houston

Red Bank NJ for me.  Typically I try to go to 2 shows because they usually play NJ and NYC, but Brooklyn is a bit of a stretch for me to get to during the week.  If anything, the Saturday night in Philly would be my 2nd show, but I'm not rushing to grab a ticket for that date.  We will see.  I'm happy to be in the front row for my local show though.

I got front row middle section JP side for Oakland!! Never have I had this great of a seat!

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #202 on: July 29, 2021, 01:48:34 PM »

CT for me.

Going to the Ottawa show once tickets start selling. Where have y'all been entering the presale codes?

SUNNY works for both Canada shows. When you click on the show on Ticketmaster, it immediately ask you for Presale code.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline DTA

« Reply #203 on: July 29, 2021, 02:12:08 PM »
Going to Philly...finally able to score seats in the front of a section so I don't wind up with the only asshole who wants to stand the entire time in front of me.  :metal
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 03:01:12 PM by DTA »

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #204 on: July 29, 2021, 02:43:31 PM »

CT for me.

SUNNY works for both Canada shows. When you click on the show on Ticketmaster, it immediately ask you for Presale code.

Cool! I'm gonna use that as soon as the show appears there.

Offline dtrocker25

« Reply #205 on: July 29, 2021, 03:14:30 PM »

Kings Theatre Brooklyn... 4th row dead center...dang I hope Covid doesn’t f this trip up.  Airfare and tickets

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #206 on: July 29, 2021, 03:47:39 PM »

Kings Theatre Brooklyn... 4th row dead center...dang I hope Covid doesn’t f this trip up.  Airfare and tickets

right? In the same boat...

Offline Buckeye69

« Reply #207 on: July 29, 2021, 04:00:07 PM »
I'm going to both Ohio shows and Rochester.  I'm fortunate enough to have front row for all 3!   :metal   I got the platinum seats that Ticketbastard offered for 2 of the shows.  I was going to go for a platinum seat for the 3rd show this morning but it was almost 2X what i paid for each of other 2 shows.  Luckily a regular priced seat popped up in the front so I jumped on it.

Offline DanLore

« Reply #208 on: July 29, 2021, 04:16:29 PM »
Red Bank, NJ, Loge Row A.  (The old man section.)  Looking forward to a night with my butt in a seat all night.  It's the only way I'll go to a show now.

DanLore

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #209 on: July 29, 2021, 04:47:03 PM »

right? In the same boat...

I'm so hesitant to book travel for a concert because of this.  I bought a ticket for Metallica/Cage the Elephant/Greta Van Fleet in Atlanta in November and I haven't booked the flight because I'm waiting to see.  I have a flight credit to Atlanta from 2020 that I need to use before March.  It seems I can pay a small bit to be able to cancel things which I may do though.  But I've read so many people being mad on social media when Gojira/Deftones tour got cancelled and they can't refund their travel plans.