Author Topic: Tour incoming? (New Tour dates announced)  (Read 25212 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Tour incoming? (New Tour dates announced)
« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2021, 12:28:47 PM »
Well get to see them again in Nashville. Should be interesting to see what the set list will look like.  I wonder if all band members will have input with the set list?

If anything, I hope S2N makes it's debut

Offline Cocopjojo

• Astral Traveler
« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2021, 12:34:36 PM »
The Facebook password METROPOLIS seemed to work for me.
EDIT: But I will note that I was not able to buy tickets on my desktop for some reason.  Had to execute the transaction on my iPad.
Thanks, this code worked for me for the Seattle show. I was able to buy tickets from my desktop as well.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2021, 12:43:46 PM »
Well get to see them again in Nashville. Should be interesting to see what the set list will look like.  I wonder if all band members will have input with the set list?

Watch them end up playing Out of Reach instead, and playing Barstool Warrior as the only D/T songs.  :lol

That's one issue I have with coming up with a set that they may end up making. Is how much are they going to give to D/T and the songs they played on Distant Memories.

I would like them to do both Room 137 and S2N, and then use At Wit's End as the set closer.

What I would not mind either is if they only played two songs from the new album live and use the rest of the set for other songs. Then on the second leg go all out with the new songs.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2021, 12:57:35 PM »

Watch them end up playing Out of Reach instead, and playing Barstool Warrior as the only D/T songs.  :lol

That's one issue I have with coming up with a set that they may end up making. Is how much are they going to give to D/T and the songs they played on Distant Memories.

I would like them to do both Room 137 and S2N, and then use At Wit's End as the set closer.

What I would not mind either is if they only played two songs from the new album live and use the rest of the set for other songs. Then on the second leg go all out with the new songs.

I'd prefer them to skip any of D/T and give us some songs they didn't play much of from DT. I'd love to hear 'Surrender to Reason' live which I don't think they've ever played live......I'd like to see 'Behind the Veil' live, which I think was only done once at an outdoor festival.

I'm kind of over the D/T live songs. I think they'll probably do one of them....but anymore than one of them (for me) would be a waste of allotted time where they could be playing something else. Gimme 'The Glass Prison' with Mangini on the drums so I can hear him nail every beat that was laid down in the studio and add his flare as well.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2021, 01:09:39 PM »
Oh I definitely want the Glass Prison, maybe over any other song. 

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #145 on: July 28, 2021, 01:17:47 PM »
I actually would love to see The Glass Prison in the setlist. I barely remember when I saw it at Gigantour.

The only one I actually do think would be for sure is Surrender to Reason.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #146 on: July 28, 2021, 01:26:46 PM »
I read this long ago on one of the best selling music business books.
<snip>
Good info - thanks for sharing!

Being that they're bringing an opening band. I am expecting Dream Theater to have no static setlist and I do hope they rotate most of the songs from both the old and new songs.
That would be nice, but judging by their MO, I don't think it's gonna happen. Maybe they'll alternate 2 or 3 songs, but I doubt it will be anything more than that, although I'd be happy to be proven wrong!

I wonder if all band members will have input with the set list?
They probably have some input but JP probably has the final say.

I disagree. If this was a warm up leg like they used to do during the summer festival runs, then it would make sense. But for them supporting a brand new album, it doesn't. And in fact, by going that route, they would be sending a subliminal message that they're not confident in their new album despite all the hype they've been saying otherwise (kinda like what we're seeing in some "legacy" bands that put out new albums but feature only one or two songs from it - can you say "Queensryche"?). So I'd expect a minimum of 2 songs plus the epic to be in any given setlist. Given his love for the song, BW will probably be in the set again along with one other d/t track that hasn't been played yet. Much as I would like to see it, I can't imagine it being S2N since the vocals are so rapid fire in parts - JL would be completely out of breath, and I can't imagine them using taped vocals for parts of it. Maybe R137 or more likely OoR.

Would be a welcome return to the set, but with those arpeggios(?) beginning at 2:22 being so challenging, I wonder if it will ever be brought back.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: July 28, 2021, 01:33:15 PM »
Would be a welcome return to the set, but with those arpeggios(?) beginning at 2:22 being so challenging, I wonder if it will ever be brought back.

Yeah, every tour that passes and this isn't brought back makes me feel less and less that it will be played again.  At least I got to see MP's Shattered Fortress band perform it.  Probably the highlight of that show for me.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #148 on: July 28, 2021, 01:42:16 PM »

Being that they're bringing an opening band. I am expecting Dream Theater to have no static setlist and I do hope they rotate most of the songs from both the old and new songs.
That would be nice, but judging by their MO, I don't think it's gonna happen. Maybe they'll alternate 2 or 3 songs, but I doubt it will be anything more than that, although I'd be happy to be proven wrong!

Yeah, That's more likely what will happen.

I disagree. If this was a warm up leg like they used to do during the summer festival runs, then it would make sense. But for them supporting a brand new album, it doesn't. And in fact, by going that route, they would be sending a subliminal message that they're not confident in their new album despite all the hype they've been saying otherwise (kinda like what we're seeing in some "legacy" bands that put out new albums but feature only one or two songs from it - can you say "Queensryche"?). So I'd expect a minimum of 2 songs plus the epic to be in any given setlist. Given his love for the song, BW will probably be in the set again along with one other d/t track that hasn't been played yet. Much as I would like to see it, I can't imagine it being S2N since the vocals are so rapid fire in parts - JL would be completely out of breath, and I can't imagine them using taped vocals for parts of it. Maybe R137 or more likely OoR.

As I think more about it too, Barstool Warrior and Out of Reach are the more likely candidates. I do hope to be surprised and we do get S2N or Room 137 instead.

I'm actually more excited because I am going into the show actually not being able to know what songs are going to be played. Unless I decide to peak at possible setlist spoiler hints the ones in the know throw at us.  :corn

No matter what song they play first I will be in awe.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #149 on: July 28, 2021, 01:49:31 PM »
My set list wish list (with one exception, songs I've yet to see done live:

As much of SDOIT (the song) as they want to play (I missed the SDOIT tour, so I haven't heard most of it)
Stream of Consciousness
Wither (why has this song only ever been played twice in the U.S.?)
S2N
Out of Reach

There's nothing on ADTOE or DT12 that I haven't seen that I really care about (BTV or STR would be fine, but I don't really "need" either of them).
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #150 on: July 28, 2021, 03:02:56 PM »
bought tickets for the Boston show.  Sitting in a box section.  Should be cool.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #151 on: July 28, 2021, 03:13:59 PM »
waiting patiently for the LA presale tomorrow...  :metal
if anyone hears about a code please share! hoping to do the presale rather than the public onsale friday cause then I'd be juggling between buying DT tickets and tickets for the Metallica 40th anniversary shows at the same time  :biggrin:

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #152 on: July 28, 2021, 05:15:48 PM »
Damn, they're actually playing in Ottawa again! I'm glad I won't have to travel to Montreal or Toronto this time. They played in Ottawa on their last tour, but it got announced late and I ended up buying the tickets to Kitchener right away. :lol

I wonder if, with the shorter sets, they're actually gonna learn 3 hours of music and do some rotating? I imagine probably not much if they do, but a bit of rotation like on the ADTOE tour would be neat.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #153 on: July 28, 2021, 06:05:55 PM »
I wonder if, with the shorter sets, they're actually gonna learn 3 hours of music and do some rotating? I imagine probably not much if they do, but a bit of rotation like on the ADTOE tour would be neat.
Not a chance. If there's any variation, and I'd be amazed if there were, the cities that got gypped out of AWE on the D/T tour might get it in lieu of a new song (probably the best one). Really, though, I suspect they'd rather just play PMU again.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #154 on: July 28, 2021, 06:18:32 PM »
Strange but I got a Live Nation email with the presale code of SUNNY this afternoon. WTF??

I already bought from TM this morning.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #155 on: July 28, 2021, 07:50:25 PM »
Strange but I got a Live Nation email with the presale code of SUNNY this afternoon. WTF??

I already bought from TM this morning.

Live nation owns TM, it’s just another code to use since there’s generally multiple presale codes

Offline Volante99

« Reply #156 on: July 28, 2021, 08:11:48 PM »
Got tickets to Minneapolis (thanks to the Artist Pre-Sale code I found here!). First Balcony Row A! Woot! Possibly the best seat in the house at State Theatre if you want a more chill concert going experience.

Will be my 6th time seeing them.

I’m hoping they play some songs they haven’t in awhile but I have a hunch it’s going to be SUPER New Album and D/T focused.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #157 on: July 28, 2021, 08:18:01 PM »
Got my tickets for Chicago. Gonna be my 12th DT show. So stoked!!

Offline PetFish

« Reply #158 on: July 28, 2021, 09:21:50 PM »
Does anyone know the refund policy if the Canada/US border stays closed or opens and then closes again before the show?  Us Vancouver fans need to drive to Seattle this tour.

I tried to find the answer on their site but no luck.

« Reply #159 on: July 29, 2021, 04:03:52 AM »
Here's hoping that the "Top of the world Tour" is indeed going to be a World Tour. Not sure what's about bands touring outside their own countries in the near future.
Just listening to Arch Echo right now. Really interesting stuff.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #160 on: July 29, 2021, 06:39:54 AM »
Ready to pick up some tickets for the Charlotte show this morning, assuming I can get a presale code to work :lol

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #161 on: July 29, 2021, 07:06:29 AM »

Just listening to Arch Echo right now. Really interesting stuff.
Oh man, tell me about it!  I was just checking out some of their youtube video's and they are insanely good.  I came across this one song called "Earthshine" thinking it was going to be a Rush cover,  I was so wrong..  :lol
This is Nerd prog at it's best, which is a good thing.   :tup
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline OptionalPlayer

• Comprised of a series of ones and zeros
« Reply #162 on: July 29, 2021, 08:05:59 AM »
Got my Toronto tickets! Presale code "SUNNY" worked just fine!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #163 on: July 29, 2021, 08:07:59 AM »
Bummer none of the codes seem to work for Charlotte, if I can't find one I'll see what the tickets are like for general sale tomorrow.

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #164 on: July 29, 2021, 08:11:24 AM »
FYI, SUNNY worked for Akron (which I got after trying a few other passwords).

2nd row balcony center!!

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #165 on: July 29, 2021, 08:12:10 AM »
Bummer none of the codes seem to work for Charlotte, if I can't find one I'll see what the tickets are like for general sale tomorrow.

Here's a running list I found last night:

METROPOLIS
SUNNY
PANIC
MARQUEE
IMAGES
SHARK
DT2021
DTTCT
GUITAR
WSOU

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #166 on: July 29, 2021, 08:16:19 AM »
Bummer, none of them seem to work :/

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #167 on: July 29, 2021, 08:17:11 AM »
I saw Arch Echo live, weeks before the pandemic shutdown. They were opening for Plini and Periphery. Really good stuff and fun stuff.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #168 on: July 29, 2021, 08:20:04 AM »

I'm sorry :(

"Sunny" only opened up the LiveNation pre-sale, and not the venue pre-sale.

Some people have said venue websites sometimes list their pre-sale passwords.

Offline duff

« Reply #169 on: July 29, 2021, 08:21:31 AM »

code for charlotte is: HOME

Ovens Auditorium issues special codes to their members/via their twitter.  Enjoy the show brotha!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #170 on: July 29, 2021, 08:24:13 AM »

Ovens Auditorium issues special codes to their members/via their twitter.  Enjoy the show brotha!

Holy crap that worked!!! Thank you!!! If you are coming to the Charlotte show let me know, I owe you a drink.

Offline duff

« Reply #171 on: July 29, 2021, 08:46:01 AM »

Holy crap that worked!!! Thank you!!! If you are coming to the Charlotte show let me know, I owe you a drink.

Just one fan looking out for another! My 5th post since 2007 so consider yourself lucky, I was just lurking because of all the news.  Definitely be there!

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #172 on: July 29, 2021, 09:15:58 AM »

Thanks!!!  Of course, after I used the passcode you just gave me to purchase tickets, Ovens sent me an email with the presale code  :lol
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline volwrath

« Reply #173 on: July 29, 2021, 09:21:56 AM »

GOD BLESS YOU.. Worked for Nashville too

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #174 on: July 29, 2021, 09:22:20 AM »
Not a chance. If there's any variation, and I'd be amazed if there were, the cities that got gypped out of AWE on the D/T tour might get it in lieu of a new song (probably the best one). Really, though, I suspect they'd rather just play PMU again.

Considering they rotated one song on the last tour, I'd say a similar rotation is very much possible.  But anything more seems unlikely although I hope to see a nice rotation.