Author Topic: Tour incoming? (New Tour dates announced)  (Read 25244 times)

Offline zappafrank2112

Tour incoming? (New Tour dates announced)
« on: July 26, 2021, 08:29:35 AM »
Just saw on DT's FB that they added a show in Toronto on Saturday, November 13 '21 at Meridian Hall (Arch Echo as the opener).

ETA: There's a whole slew of dates, actually!  Their FB events page shows a lot (the Toronto one for some reason popped up on my feed).

Offline pg1067

Re: Tour incoming? (New Tour dates announced)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 10:39:56 AM »
Friday, October 29 in San Diego, and Monday, November 1 in Oakland.

That likely means an LA area show on Saturday the 30th!

Happy birthday to me!

BUT...kinda bummed to have an opening band because that likely means DT will be playing a shorter set.  I've never heard of Arch Echo (they don't even have a Wikipedia page).  Anyone know anything about them?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 10:53:53 AM »
The show listing for D.C. doesn't include Arch Echo, which makes me wonder if it'll be a longer show? If so, and if I can go, that'll be an exciting show to see DT for my first time ever!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline dparrott

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 11:02:41 AM »
Of course the first night is San Diego when Delta is getting worse  ::)

And Arch Echo is a bad ass instrumental band!
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 11:15:27 AM »
I haven't been paying attention to a tour schedule at all....Tim texted me and there's a St. Louis date, 12/4   :metal   Sweet!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 11:42:14 AM »
The show listing for D.C. doesn't include Arch Echo, which makes me wonder if it'll be a longer show? If so, and if I can go, that'll be an exciting show to see DT for my first time ever!

-Marc.

Unfortunately, it only lists Dream Theater for Cincinnati as well, but the venue website lists Arch Echo. Try checking the venue website for DC
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 11:45:12 AM »

-Marc.
Wat.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2021, 11:57:43 AM »
There are dates for Chicago and St.Louis and a host of other venues. I'll be at both! :metal :metal

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2021, 12:03:18 PM »
OK. I cannot contain my excitement and it has to go here!! :rollin  Just 5 years into my DT discovery and 2nd new album release.  I have seen them 7 times so far... and am planning at least 3 I think right now!  Oakland, Denver and Houston.  I turned on my best girlfriend to DT last summer. She is totally into them now!! (life is good!)   She lives in OK and I am in Reno. So I am going to take her to see DT in Houston.  :metal.  My life is kind of shitty right now, so this stuff is a Great escape!.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2021, 12:24:21 PM »
Is Oakland too far for you?  Hopefully, they have a Sac or Reno date on the next leg.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2021, 12:31:14 PM »

-Marc.
Wat.

Shocking, I know. You'd think I'd have seen them by now, and I even had chances and aspirations to see them as far back as the Systematic Chaos tour, but never got around to it. I'm just not that much of a concert goer, I suppose. I've really only seen 3 bands, Porcupine Tree, Béla Fleck and The Flecktones, and Rush, the first two at the same venue (Ram's Head in Baltimore), and Rush in DC on the Clockwork Angels Tour.

I guess I'd just rather spend my money on physical media of the many bands I like. I also have grown to dislike driving long distances as I've gotten older.

-Marc.

Unfortunately, it only lists Dream Theater for Cincinnati as well, but the venue website lists Arch Echo. Try checking the venue website for DC

https://www.warnertheatredc.com/EventDetail?tmeventid=G5vfZpRhA8Kch&offerid=0

No mention of Arch Echo on there either.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2021, 01:21:00 PM »
Is Oakland too far for you?  Hopefully, they have a Sac or Reno date on the next leg.

:lol.  No way!!! I have gone to London, Milwaukee, LA and Oakland. None of us are getting any younger - especially the band. Getting as much as I can while I can.  See you in Oakland??  I don't have a person right now to go with, so I may need a little extra friend time!

...and I almost forgot about "the next leg"! Maybe VIP's will be back by then.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2021, 01:21:53 PM »
Where are the dates?  I looked on the website and didn't see any.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2021, 01:23:14 PM »

The DT Facebook page has been posting events for each concert.

-Marc.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2021, 01:26:52 PM »

-Marc.

The FB event now lists "with special guest Arch Echo".

-Marc.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2021, 01:29:01 PM »

The DT Facebook page has been posting events for each concert.

-Marc.

Go to ticketmaster.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2021, 01:34:05 PM »

:lol.  No way!!! I have gone to London, Milwaukee, LA and Oakland. None of us are getting any younger - especially the band. Getting as much as I can while I can.  See you in Oakland??  I don't have a person right now to go with, so I may need a little extra friend time!

...and I almost forgot about "the next leg"! Maybe VIP's will be back by then.

I expect to be there.  It's a nice theater too.  Saw them there on the TA tour.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2021, 01:35:34 PM »
Two nights before Thanksgiving might be the worst night to go into Boston. I’m not happy.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2021, 01:42:47 PM »
I hope they sort out the tourbook issues this time.  Last tour's tourbook availability was a snafu of epic proportions.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2021, 01:55:55 PM »
Two nights before Thanksgiving might be the worst night to go into Boston. I’m not happy.

I think it was the Astonishing tour they played on Mother's day. Not good for a chef  :lol

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2021, 02:25:55 PM »
I think it was the Astonishing tour they played on Mother's day. Not good for a chef  :lol

I am a mom, and it was my first concert since I had been pregnant  - over 15 years. My Mother's day gift to myself! Perfect for a Mom!

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2021, 02:40:22 PM »
Does anyone think that Dream Theater would end the sets with two epics back to back?

I am saying this only because I would like to see Octavarium live. And the chances of that happening are getting more slim as time goes on and the band ages.

It would be very different for a band to play 2 epics back to back, while bringing an opener.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2021, 02:47:07 PM »

I am a mom, and it was my first concert since I had been pregnant  - over 15 years. My Mother's day gift to myself! Perfect for a Mom!

But of course ;)

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2021, 02:52:25 PM »
Does anyone think that Dream Theater would end the sets with two epics back to back?

I am saying this only because I would like to see Octavarium live. And the chances of that happening are getting more slim as time goes on and the band ages.

It would be very different for a band to play 2 epics back to back, while bringing an opener.

The only chance I see that happening is if they play AVFTTOTW (whew, what a long abbreviation) as the last song of their "official" set, and they come back for OVM as the encore. But considering they're bringing an opening band with them = shorter set, I wouldn't be so sure.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2021, 02:56:56 PM »

I got my dates from Live Nation.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2021, 03:23:03 PM »

The only chance I see that happening is if they play AVFTTOTW (whew, what a long abbreviation) as the last song of their "official" set, and they come back for OVM as the encore. But considering they're bringing an opening band with them = shorter set, I wouldn't be so sure.
I agree with gzarruk. Had this been another Evening With run of shows, there would be the outside possibility that they might resurrect 8v for this tour. But given that it's likely to be a 2 hour long show *and* they have an epic on their new album, it's almost a foregone conclusion that it ain't gonna happen.

Maybe if they follow the Maiden and Rush mentality of alternating between album and legacy tours, 8v will make another appearance in its entirety. Otherwise, I think that ship has sailed completely.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2021, 03:25:14 PM »

Yup. I am hoping this is just what the supposed tour was supposed to be when they were gonna tour before the pandemic hit.

I do hope though that they do a full evening with headline again after this tour. But, I don't mind this at all, because Arch Echo are amazing and I am hoping to hear one song from them.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2021, 03:36:24 PM »

I agree with gzarruk. Had this been another Evening With run of shows, there would be the outside possibility that they might resurrect 8v for this tour. But given that it's likely to be a 2 hour long show *and* they have an epic on their new album, it's almost a foregone conclusion that it ain't gonna happen.

Maybe if they follow the Maiden and Rush mentality of alternating between album and legacy tours, 8v will make another appearance in its entirety. Otherwise, I think that ship has sailed completely.

If it's a two hour set and they play the epic. That leaves them to play either one or two of the almost 10 minute songs, and maybe all 3 of the shorter 6-7 minute songs. Which would leave about an hour for older songs. So that would leave 20 minutes for Octavarium and leave only 40 minutes for older songs, which would be like 5 more songs. That would be a short set.  :lol

I am thinking they would do the epic, one almost 10 minute song and two of the 6-7 minute songs. The set would likely open with "TA" but it would be neat if they changed it up and opened with a different track like they did by opening the ADTOE tour with Bridges In The Sky. That's 4 off the new album, leaving almost an hour and a half of older songs.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2021, 03:44:26 PM »
Friday, October 29 in San Diego, and Monday, November 1 in Oakland.

That likely means an LA area show on Saturday the 30th!

Happy birthday to me!

BUT...kinda bummed to have an opening band because that likely means DT will be playing a shorter set.  I've never heard of Arch Echo (they don't even have a Wikipedia page).  Anyone know anything about them?

Yep, according to AXS, LA show will be at Microsoft Theater on 10/30.  Hopefully, this time if I get a ticket, I won't have some dude in the front row of my section standing on the chair just to get a good view and block everyone else.

https://www.axs.com/events/409559/dream-theater-tickets

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2021, 04:43:20 PM »
No Dallas show, and they're not high enough on my radar to warrant a drive down to Austin. Particularly given what I expect will be exorbitant ticket prices. Besides, if they follow their recent pattern, they'll probably announce a second leg with a better setlist.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2021, 04:52:16 PM »
Pfft, forget celebrating 8v and SFaM anniversaries.. they should have played all of WDADU again for its 30th a few years ago.

And I say that in all seriousness.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2021, 05:17:08 PM »
No Dallas show, and they're not high enough on my radar to warrant a drive down to Austin. Particularly given what I expect will be exorbitant ticket prices. Besides, if they follow their recent pattern, they'll probably announce a second leg with a better setlist.  :lol

Seems like they are playing Dec 9 at The Factory in Deep Ellum. Tickets through AXS, not TM.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2021, 05:41:31 PM »

Seems like they are playing Dec 9 at The Factory in Deep Ellum. Tickets through AXS, not TM.
Ah, didn't catch that. Thanks.

Ugh, The Bomb Factory (as it was known up until last week) may be the worst venue in Dallas. Now part of me actually wants to drive to Austin just to save myself the aggravation of seeing them locally. :lol.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2021, 06:04:08 PM »
Just gave Arch Echo a listen while making dinner...really fun instrumental stuff. Should be a solid warm up band.

Also wen't to there Facebook, and I think I prematurely spilled the beans to their fans  :P :laugh:

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2021, 06:26:34 PM »
Bunch of bad dates for me. Might end up skipping this tour, which would be the first I miss since ADTOE.

Not sure why the are playing in Kings theater. Hard to get to and has bad sound.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk