Author Topic: Amazon  (Read 1784 times)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Amazon
« on: July 01, 2021, 08:19:09 PM »
I am sorry for making a thread for this, but I donīt know how to verify.

Any of you that have Amazon Prime can please confirm that the episodes of The Amazing Race have subtitles in Spanish available?

Offline faizoff

Re: Amazon
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 08:36:12 PM »
It looks like they are just subtitled for Closed Caption in English. At least from what I could see.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 08:39:22 PM »
This is what I see for the few seasons that I checked.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 08:49:45 PM »
Are captions country specific though?

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2021, 08:55:29 PM »
Thank you, guys.
My wife loves the show, but she doesnīt speak English.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2021, 09:06:48 AM »
Mine is the same as what faizoff showed.

The Amazing Race is (most seasons) absolutely fantastic, and I really wish more folks here were into it.  However, as lonestar mentioned, CC may be country-specific.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline faizoff

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2021, 09:12:17 AM »
I used to watch it a lot around 2005 and they were so much fun. Since it's on prime I might try to catch an episode here and there.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2021, 09:18:16 AM »
I used to watch it a lot around 2005 and they were so much fun. Since it's on prime I might try to catch an episode here and there.

I started watching part way through season 11, which aired in the first half of 2007, and I've been watching ever since.  Once all the old seasons went up on Amazon Prime, I went back and watched, and I've now watched every season at least thrice.

If you stopped watching before they got to season 10, the modern seasons will look quite different, but it's still a really good show.  Rumor has it they may restart season 33 toward the end of 2021 or early in 2022.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2021, 09:55:53 AM »
Iīll get Amazon prime trial and see if CC is country-specific, if thatīs the case my wife will be very happy

Offline pg1067

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2021, 02:36:13 PM »
Iīll get Amazon prime trial and see if CC is country-specific, if thatīs the case my wife will be very happy

Just don't get annoyed at how many contestants exhort their cab drivers with "Rapido!  Rapido!" or "Andale!" -- even if they're not in a Spanish-speaking country.   :biggrin:

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2021, 09:30:49 PM »

Just don't get annoyed at how many contestants exhort their cab drivers with "Rapido!  Rapido!" or "Andale!" -- even if they're not in a Spanish-speaking country.   :biggrin:

hahaha.

Got a trial of Prime and...NOPE! No Spanish subtitles, bummer.