Author Topic: NCAA 2021 College Football thread  (Read 9365 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: NCAA 2021 College Football thread
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2021, 10:33:21 AM »
The Badgers stink.

I was really rooting for them, I hate ND, but man that game was close and turned into a wooping (I didn't watch, but was just checking scores throughout the day).

Honestly shocked PSU is now at #4.  I'm not sure they are that good.  They have no running game at all.  They do have whats seems to be a legit defense though which should be good enough to keep them in every game.  Clifford is really showing improvements in the passing game so if they can keep the ball in their hands and not turn it over, maybe just maybe they can overcome the flaws in the running game.  We will see.  Indiana won't be easy this weekend and then PSU goes to Iowa so the ranking flip flop will be resolved soon enough.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2021, 10:37:58 PM »
Just realized something I've always known but never consciously thought of. Joe Tessitore is atually worse than Joe Buck. No more Joes allowed in the broadcast booth, please.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2021, 07:58:29 AM »
Cal is on the fast track to a 1-11 season. They've hit the part where there's no more easy games. We're just fucked.

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2021, 09:16:17 AM »
Cal is on the fast track to a 1-11 season. They've hit the part where there's no more easy games. We're just fucked.

The PAC-12 seems to be pretty terrible this year as a whole. Utah losing to BYU and SDSU led to my change in avatar. The only teams that seem to be worth talking about are Oregon and UCLA, and they both lost yesterday, soooo…  :tdwn

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2021, 10:45:57 AM »

The PAC-12 seems to be pretty terrible this year as a whole. Utah losing to BYU and SDSU led to my change in avatar. The only teams that seem to be worth talking about are Oregon and UCLA, and they both lost yesterday, soooo…  :tdwn

Stanfurd fucking beat Oregon???? I didn't even bother checking that one, I had totally mailed in a W for the Ducks.

My Stanfurd fan brother is bound to be blowing up my phone at some point today. Goddammit.

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2021, 11:33:06 AM »

Stanfurd fucking beat Oregon???? I didn't even bother checking that one, I had totally mailed in a W for the Ducks.

My Stanfurd fan brother is bound to be blowing up my phone at some point today. Goddammit.

Yup. Took a last second touchdown after Oregon’s defensive PI in the end zone and OT to do it, but the Ducks blew it regardless.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2021, 08:49:22 AM »
That Stanford game was definitely a shocker. 

This weekend is going to be one tough game, Penn State at Iowa.  #3 vs #4.  It's been a long time since the Big Ten had a battle between two top 5 teams and it's not involving Ohio State or Michigan.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2021, 10:44:30 AM »
Just when I had hopes for the PAC 12, they revealed that they are still the same old league.  Every year, their best one or two teams shit the bed and remove themselves from contention for the playoff.  Same as it ever was.

Wake Forest remains undefeated, and could challenge for the ACC title.  Interesting.

Yay Cincinnati, BTW.  Keep winning!

My alma mater Appalachian State rolled once again.   :metal
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2021, 11:05:52 AM »
Just when I had hopes for the PAC 12, they revealed that they are still the same old league.  Every year, their best one or two teams shit the bed and remove themselves from contention for the playoff.  Same as it ever was.

We're the democratic party of college football conferences.  :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2021, 12:33:33 PM »

:lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2021, 01:53:45 PM »
Boise State off to their worst start in 20 years  :facepalm:

At least Coastal is doing good but hasn't played a good team.

"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2021, 02:13:01 PM »
Boise State off to their worst start in 20 years  :facepalm:

At least Coastal is doing good but hasn't played a good team.

Coastal could go undefeated this year and wont come close to sniffing the playoff

And I'm usually all for the mid majors breaking in and wreaking havoc amongst the big schools, but with PSU having a shot to make it this year (those dreams may end in a few days) I'm already a little bummed that Cincy has a legit path to the playoffs right now.  Not that they aren't deserving, it's personal at this point.  But I've said before, an 8 team playoff is really where it's at.  With so much question marks as to who is #3 and on (it seems fairly clear who is #1 and 2) it seems likely a worthy team or two will be left out this year.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2021, 11:18:15 PM »

:lol

Seconded. At least they got someone at the helm in Kliavkoff who might have an actual understanding and appreciation of both college athletics and business, and a desire to do what it takes to dig the Pac12 out of the basement Larry Scott buried it in.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2021, 06:08:17 AM »
Kind of a rebuilding year for Utah, but if we don't win another game this year, I'll always have the warmth of watching the SC fans moping in the stands like they are being forced to watch kittens declawed.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2021, 07:41:48 AM »
Kind of a rebuilding year for Utah, but if we don't win another game this year, I'll always have the warmth of watching the SC fans moping in the stands like they are being forced to watch kittens declawed.

Right? Any time the Utes kick the snot out of USC in their own house is a good day.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2021, 07:59:33 AM »
Alabama loses, so it was a good weekend.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2021, 01:01:25 PM »
Alabama loses, so it was a good weekend.

And Cal didn't lose.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2021, 01:37:04 PM »
I'm amazed that the PSU QB gets injured and is out of the game in the 2nd quarter and still today, no one knows what's wrong with him or if/when he will return.  Not a big fan of this hush hush on injuries strategy.  Just frustrating, especially because it clearly cost us the game (the injury, not the silence) so us fans would love to know if the season also ended or if there's any hope he can return for Ohio State in a few weeks.

Rumor is broken ribs though

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2021, 12:03:27 AM »
1-4 Cal goes into #9 Oregon and pushes them to the brink, with a tying td on the line on the last play of the game, only to miss. Between this and last night's baseball game, I'm laying off sports for a while.  :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2021, 05:31:53 AM »
I feel your pain, lonestar. It's a toss up for who I hate more, the Ducks or the Astros.  :biggrin:
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2021, 11:05:28 AM »
I feel your pain, lonestar. It's a toss up for who I hate more, the Ducks or the Astros.  :biggrin:

I'm hoping it means we'll improve and maybe get some solid wins, instead of just being a flash in the pants performance leading into a 1-11 season

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2021, 08:18:57 PM »
A couple local radio guys, and WSU alums, were saying how awesome it would be if WSU finished out the year strong, and Rolovich won Pac12 Coach of the Year. They weren't saying it in the spirit of being fans of his; they think he is being a bit of an ass. They just think the hilarity of it all would be awesome. 
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2021, 08:22:55 PM »
A couple local radio guys, and WSU alums, were saying how awesome it would be if WSU finished out the year strong, and Rolovich won Pac12 Coach of the Year. They weren't saying it in the spirit of being fans of his; they think he is being a bit of an ass. They just think the hilarity of it all would be awesome.

At least he was up front and just told them to fuck off with their shot, unlike the douchebag from the Sharks who tried to pass off a fake vaccine card to the NHL :lolpalm:

I'm just bummed Cal already played Wazoo.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2021, 07:55:19 AM »
My alma mater Appalachian State came up with the huge home win against Coastal Carolina last night!  It was a great game!

#Mountaineers

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2021, 08:09:09 AM »
I hate how Franklin (PSU head coach) doesn't say anything regarding injuries.  I get it, it's a tactic, but it kind of sucks when you have to resort to people sharing video of practices to know if your starting QB is injured or not.  I'm thinking Clifford doesn't play this week even though he was in pads throwing yesterday (first known time of him practicing since getting injured almost 2 weeks ago, although no one knows what was wrong with him).  But I am hopeful he's ready to go against Ohio State in prime time next week.

Also, good win for App State Hef  :metal  If there's one thing about this season that is interesting is all the ranked teams losing to unranked teams.  It's been a pretty wild season so far with very little consistency to determine who's really good this year besides Georgia so far (and I still think Bama is pretty damn good, just not bulletproof).

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2021, 09:07:31 PM »
Cal dunks on Stanfurd 40-11. Always a good thing. Let's see if we can sweep the LA teams and score a bowl.

Huge win by Utah over the Ducks, totally amazed by that one.

And next weeks OSU-Michigan game will be for a title spot, that's going to be fucking insane.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2021, 09:24:15 AM »
Badgers have won 7 in a row.

Remember the name Braelon Allen, he’ll be the best RB in college the next couple of years. Kid is a 17 year old freshmen and is just dominating right now.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2021, 09:30:45 AM »
Badgers turned their season around

PSU just makes me shake my head.  Such a great defense on that team and the offense has just been pathetic without a run game and no plan for a back up QB once Clifford got hurt and hasn't been the same since the Iowa game.  Now a different back up comes in yesterday and plays really well.  Where was he all season?!  Such a disappointing season this turned out to be.  At least the losing has quieted all the talk about Franklin leaving for LSU or USC. Although there's a bunch of PSU fans that would be happy if he left even though he's managing to bring in a great recruiting class next year.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2021, 06:07:17 AM »
Cal dunks on Stanfurd 40-11. Always a good thing. Let's see if we can sweep the LA teams and score a bowl.

Huge win by Utah over the Ducks, totally amazed by that one.

And next weeks OSU-Michigan game will be for a title spot, that's going to be fucking insane.

Congrats on the win over Stanford, Lonestar. And congrats on having healthy players to do the deed.

I consider Cal and Utah similar programs, year after year. No matter our records, standing, or rank, everyone thinks they should beat us, but nobody really wants to try.

If you care, or have the time, you should read the popular opinions of how our game was predicted to go. So many sports writers, gamblers, and fantasy sports gurus picked Oregon by two scores while at the same time decrying the Vegas oddsmakers for having the Duck as 3 point dogs. It was disrespectful, in their opinion. What was disrespectful was the Utah Student Section chanting "over-rated" on national television.  :lol Hope that doesn't come back to bite us in a couple of weeks.

By the way, we'll be at the PAC12 Championship in Vegas. Really looking forward to seeing Allegiant Stadium.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2021, 06:55:26 AM »
The over-rated chant never plays well on a national stage  :lol

My personal favorite was when Cal was taking visiting Tennessee to task on the national stage, and the student section was chanting 'drive home safely'  :rollin

This was the same year that the hippies were living in the trees to prevent building the new athletic center, the Vol fans had a field day with that one. That was actually one of the best college football experiences ever, great environment, great game, and the pregame was a packed bar of Cal and Vol fans uniting before the game, cheering on App St. as they upset Michigan. Not a single person was sad to see them lose.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2021, 11:24:10 AM »
Glad to see Oregon lose.  Probably Cincinnati's only way into the playoff.  They will still try to find some way to screw them over.

Appalachian State beat Troy 45-7 to clinch a spot in the SBC title game.   :metal

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2021, 01:08:32 PM »
9 minutes left for Michigan to finally get the monkey off their back.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2021, 01:44:45 PM »
I don't watch a lot of college ball, but I got home in time to see the end of that game just now.  Electric atmosphere.  Snow and a home crowd seeing their team score the upset and get that long-awaited big win over a rival. Awesome.

Offline crazy climber dude

« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2021, 03:12:33 PM »
Yeah, Michigan all heart today. They came out with a lot of intensity, and never let it wane. Even after McNamara threw that TERRIBLE pass into a crowd for a pick to turn the momentum....when it could have been 14-0 QUICKLY....their resolve and focus was outstanding.

This middle linebacker Ross....wow, you can tell he is the heart and soul of that defense. The play he made on a key 3rd down---where he anticipated the play and BLASTED through the line to hit...I think it was Henderson....SQUARE on and stood him up (and Henderson is a LOAD). That exemplified the entire game for the Wolverines.

And this Hutchinson D-end of theirs...WOW. Kid is an animal! Definitely see him at the next level! And Haskins unstoppable. And Corum with the big cut back run on a gimpy ankle. All heart!

Give credit to Stroud for OSU....after a slow start, he just kept firing away and kept them in striking range. And those receivers made some INCREDIBLE catches. But overall the Michigan D allowed  yards, but forced them to kick field goals instead of TD's in the red zone. Critical!

Then, finally....Harbaugh. Didn't make so many bonehead decisions as in previous matchups with OSU, and let his players win on the field. I felt happy for him, even though I think he's kind of a dick.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 04:00:46 PM by crazy climber dude »

Offline crazy climber dude

« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2021, 03:17:50 PM »
But do any of these other teams even matter at this point? Georgia is a MONSTER. Who's going to beat them?