Previous topic - Next topic

POLL: Painkiller vs. Holy Wars?

Judas Priest - Painkiller
14 (30.4%)
Megadeth - Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
32 (69.6%)

Total Members Voted: 46

WildRanger

Two iconic metal songs from the same year, 1990.
What do you like better and why?

DTA

Holy Wars. Way more adventurous and interesting (though I like Painkiller a lot). I actually prefer Death's cover of PK to the original

Elite

Painkiller is boring, Holy Wars is not.
Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Quote from: home on May 09, 2017, 04:05:10 PMSqu
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

deggs37

ProfessorPeart

Quote from: deggs37 on July 15, 2021, 07:28:32 AM
Holy Wars by a lot.

This.

I do like Painkiller, but this is no contest. Not by a long shot.
Quote from: ProfessorPeart on November 14, 2023, 11:17:53 AMbeul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Quote from: Indiscipline on November 14, 2023, 02:26:25 PMPardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history.

TheCountOfNYC

Holy Wars. I love Painkiller, but good lord Holy Wars is on another level.

pg1067

Dave Mustaine is trash as a "singer" - only a fraction better than Axl Rose.

Painkiller is epic AF.

EDIT:  Is Holy Wars a song or an album?  I assumed this was an album poll.

jammindude

Quote from: pg1067 on July 15, 2021, 08:41:32 AM
Dave Mustaine is trash as a "singer" - only a fraction better than Axl Rose.

Painkiller is epic AF.

EDIT:  Is Holy Wars a song or an album?  I assumed this was an album poll.

This one is a song poll. Holy Wars is the first song from RIP.

Even though I don't adore RIP like most others do, I think Holy Wars is the greatest thrash song ever recorded.

Stadler

I'm not sure there's been a poll here that I've cared less about.  Flip a coin.  Have my dog pick.   Throw a dart.

Nah, that's not entirely true, but close:  With conscious thought, I pick Painkiller.

pg1067

Quote from: jammindude on July 15, 2021, 08:46:59 AM
This one is a song poll. Holy Wars is the first song from RIP.

Even though I don't adore RIP like most others do, I think Holy Wars is the greatest thrash song ever recorded.

Then, oops.  I can still confidently pick Painkiller, though (even though it's not the best song on the album).

kirksnosehair

I'm a huge Judas Priest fan, but for me this was a very easy choice:  Holy Wars.  Not a close call at all.

DoctorAction

I'm not a big fan of either band but there's a small percentage of material from both that I love.

Painkiller is completely perfect afaic.

wolfking

El Barto

Quote from: jammindude on July 15, 2021, 08:46:59 AM
Yep. Not a RiP fan at all, but god damn, what an opener. A great live opener, as well. Saw them bring the house down opening with that, H18, and Wake up Dead. I think the theme to Exodus was the intro music.

Painkiller, both the song and the album are overrated. One Shot at Glory is the only song from the album I really like, and Painkiller is only interesting live. It's one of the few songs Rob still sounds good on.

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

cfmoran13

While Painkiller is a great song, HW... TPD is my all-time favorite Megadeth song.  No contest.

Grappler

Holy Wars

I was very tempted to pick Painkiller, since that is Priest dialed up to 11 and Rob's vocals are absolutely perfect, but Holy Wars just goes off on insane levels and I agree that it's a perfect live opener for Megadeth.

The Realm

Love both but Holy Wars wins for me.