Author Topic: "Official" Lost Not Forgotten (official bootlegs) thread  (Read 116930 times)

Offline Lethean

Re: "Official" Lost Not Forgotten (official bootlegs) thread
« Reply #1015 on: November 27, 2022, 11:20:18 AM »
Apologies if this has been covered in the earlier pages.  Century Media has this listing which is advertised as 2 cds:

https://centurymedia.store/product/Y4CE549COMBO/dream-theater-lost-not-forgotten-archives-live-in-new-york-1995-digipack-2xcd-digital-download?cp=102832_103046_104294

But then when you read the description, it mentions "available for the first time on vinyl."

So... Is it just a bad description and I'll in fact get cds? :)

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1016 on: November 27, 2022, 11:47:44 AM »
Apologies if this has been covered in the earlier pages.  Century Media has this listing which is advertised as 2 cds:

https://centurymedia.store/product/Y4CE549COMBO/dream-theater-lost-not-forgotten-archives-live-in-new-york-1995-digipack-2xcd-digital-download?cp=102832_103046_104294

But then when you read the description, it mentions "available for the first time on vinyl."

So... Is it just a bad description and I'll in fact get cds? :)

The description is just the one used for every version of that release. It just means it's never been released on vinyl before. If the product  page says it's for CDs, you'll get the CDs. Also there's NO way you'd get the vinyl for less than $20. Also also the vinyl is a 3LP set, and here it is - https://centurymedia.store/product/Y4CE547COMBO/dream-theater-lost-not-forgotten-archives-live-in-new-york-1993-ultra-clear-3xlp-2xcd-digital-download?cp=null

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1017 on: November 27, 2022, 11:56:00 AM »
Thanks! :) Just wanted to make sure.

Offline don_waka

« Reply #1018 on: November 28, 2022, 06:06:14 PM »
I'm sure we'll get all the other titles he intended to release before the split happened. He talked about a Rush covers compilation, making of SDOIT, one of the last shows with Derek in 98 and BC&SL live stuff.

It would be awesome to have a live release of Where Are You Now? finally.

I’d love to have a compilation of all those b-side tracks done live. Even if that means one of James’ struggling performances of Don’t Look Past Me from 2017

I had posted Mike's original comment here a while back, but I'm reposting it because it's much more relevant now:

The next batch I was going to work on if things didn't go the way they went was:
--- a compilation of all the Rush Covers (Covers Series)
--- "The Making of SDOIT" (Studio Series)
--- Poughkeepsie, NY '98 (Xmas Unplugged Show - Derek's last show) (Live Series)
and DVD:
--- Several "Pro-shot" BC&SL shows (including Download '09 and the very final show in Tokyo)

That last show with Derek had Speak To Me, Where Are You Now?, Cover My Eyes, and The Way It Used To Be (https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theater/1998/the-chance-poughkeepsie-ny-33d6cc61.html) :tup

Looking forward to that Poughkeepsie show!  :hefdaddy

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1019 on: November 28, 2022, 06:31:18 PM »
The Poughkeepsie show is indeed awesome!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1020 on: November 28, 2022, 08:23:59 PM »
That last show with Derek had Speak To Me, Where Are You Now?, Cover My Eyes, and The Way It Used To Be (https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theater/1998/the-chance-poughkeepsie-ny-33d6cc61.html) :tup

If I performed a show with a setlist that included those songs I'd fire a band member too.  :laugh:
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #1021 on: November 29, 2022, 11:36:37 AM »
LaserCD is selling the Corrected Edition of the Images and Words Demos. I guess replacement copies are being shipped.

https://www.lasercd.com/cd/lnf-images-and-words-demos-2cd-corrected-edition

Offline Bluefish

« Reply #1022 on: November 29, 2022, 11:42:17 AM »
Awesome!  Thanks.

Offline Weymolith

• THIS IS NOT HERE
  • Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1023 on: December 02, 2022, 01:38:24 PM »
Just listened to Live From NYC... I see they didn't restore the JLB comments after ACOS on this version either. Never understood why they removed that from the YJR release.
As a general rule, never play with boxes that open portals to Hell.

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #1024 on: December 02, 2022, 03:38:10 PM »
Just listened to Live From NYC... I see they didn't restore the JLB comments after ACOS on this version either. Never understood why they removed that from the YJR release.

:tup :justjen

Offline EPIC Outro

« Reply #1025 on: December 02, 2022, 05:35:40 PM »

Comments? I must know!

Offline sylentman

« Reply #1026 on: December 03, 2022, 01:50:57 PM »
If i remember correctly, he made some comments after finishing ACOS about them (the band) just busting their @ss for 20 minutes. Don’t remember if he also gave some background about the song…

Offline Weymolith

• THIS IS NOT HERE
  • Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1027 on: December 03, 2022, 05:03:11 PM »

Comments? I must know!

Something to the effect of "We just busted our ass up here for 20 minutes.. Let me hear you!!!!"
As a general rule, never play with boxes that open portals to Hell.

Offline EPIC Outro

« Reply #1028 on: December 04, 2022, 04:18:45 AM »

I love moments like that! Shame it was cut.

Offline MarceloMalulo

« Reply #1029 on: December 09, 2022, 05:31:40 AM »

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1030 on: December 09, 2022, 06:49:32 AM »
Distance Over Time demos coming!!!
https://www.levykauppax.fi/artist/dream_theater/lost_not_forgotten_archives_distance_over_time_demos_2018/

That looks VERY interesting!

Nice! Three new titles in a row :hefdaddy

As for the Wacken show (released today), it sounds quite good! Shame that they didn't include BTV, which was the most important song for me to get a live version of.

It's funny that they didn't fix James' hiccup at the end of CM, but the video is already out there so I guess they couldn't mask it anyway :lol Great release otherwise :tup
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #1031 on: December 09, 2022, 10:44:10 AM »
Any specific reason why BTV was excluded? Was it space? Too bad of a performance?

Offline AnotherDimension

« Reply #1032 on: December 09, 2022, 11:19:36 AM »
Yeah. What gives? Why no Behind the Veil?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1033 on: December 09, 2022, 11:39:03 AM »
Does Wacken TV hold the rights maybe?

This is stupid. Who wants to buy an incomplete performance? There's been no statement?

DT really has their heads in the sand over this stuff, unless of course there's a new guitar, amp, or keyboard product to pimp.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1034 on: December 09, 2022, 11:58:44 AM »
I thought there was some speculation that it's there but just not in the song list.  That's not the case?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1035 on: December 09, 2022, 12:00:27 PM »
It's not there on Spotify.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #1036 on: December 09, 2022, 12:12:38 PM »
My pure speculation is that there was no way to fit it onto the vinyl release without adding another record to the package, so they just left it off.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline AnotherDimension

« Reply #1037 on: December 09, 2022, 12:14:25 PM »
Does anyone have a line to the band or management on this one?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1038 on: December 09, 2022, 12:16:01 PM »
My pure speculation is that there was no way to fit it onto the vinyl release without adding another record to the package, so they just left it off.

That makes sense. But back in the day some cassettes get delivered incomplete if they couldn't fit a song? Maybe leave it off of the vinyl, but why not include it on the CD?
Not asking you, Kev, just thinking out loud.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1039 on: December 09, 2022, 12:19:41 PM »

That makes sense. But back in the day some cassettes get delivered incomplete if they couldn't fit a song? Maybe leave it off of the vinyl, but why not include it on the CD?
Not asking you, Kev, just thinking out loud.

This.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1040 on: December 09, 2022, 12:23:12 PM »
Why on earth not cut As I Am if that was the case? Who in the hell needs another live version of that? Why cut the one song with no previous live release?

I find this bullshit and oversight real challenging as a fan.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #1041 on: December 09, 2022, 12:23:17 PM »
This is the setlist from Setlist.fm. It would have made sense to at least including it in streaming services and if it fit on the CD. I understand the vinyl and CD but no excuse for leaving it off streaming.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theater/2015/hauptstrasse-wacken-germany-6bf66ece.html

Intro Tape: False Awakening Suite
Afterlife
Metropolis Pt. 1: The Miracle and the Sleeper
Burning My Soul
Act II: Scene Eight: The Spirit Carries On
As I Am
Panic Attack
Constant Motion
Bridges in the Sky
Behind the Veil

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #1042 on: December 09, 2022, 12:31:07 PM »
In some ways the DT community is notorious for nitpicking. This is not one of those times. What the hell?

DT: Here's some really cool concerts from the archives for the diehards.

Fans: Hell yeah!

DT: Yeah we're just going to vomit it out and not put a lot of care into it.

Fans: ...fine...

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #1043 on: December 09, 2022, 12:39:44 PM »
Why on earth not cut As I Am if that was the case? Who in the hell needs another live version of that? Why cut the one song with no previous live release?

I find this bullshit and oversight real challenging as a fan.
I'm with you, Tim. The wrong song got cut here. Spirit or As I Am should have been axed. Or (!!!) maybe release one of the longer concerts from 2015 so another vinyl makes sense and we can get ALL the songs played on that tour.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1044 on: December 09, 2022, 01:59:01 PM »

I could see this.

Is the main selling product of the Lost Not Forgotten Archives the Vinyls? And the streaming releases are based around what songs are available on the Vinyl?

This is one of the only reasons I could think of for why Behind The Veil is not on the streaming sites either.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1045 on: December 09, 2022, 02:16:10 PM »
Hope they include BTV and ACOS from the Budokan show somewhere else at some point. They left out some of the best/most needed songs, but we have a lot of versions for AIA and TSCO :tdwn :huh:
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Deadeye21

• 30 years say we’re in this together
« Reply #1046 on: December 09, 2022, 06:34:14 PM »
If they were gonna leave something off, I wish it had been Spirit. That one is the song where James really seems the most burned out vocally on this release in my ear. I’ll be skipping it pretty much every time.
Let's go with a P for Deadeye has premature alphabetejaculation.

Offline lucasembarbosa

• Pale Rider of No Tomorrow
« Reply #1047 on: December 09, 2022, 07:33:49 PM »
It's been some time since I listened to the Wacken concert, but I think James' voice is quite better in the LNF release as far as I remember...

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #1048 on: December 09, 2022, 09:29:18 PM »
It's been some time since I listened to the Wacken concert, but I think James' voice is quite better in the LNF release as far as I remember...

He sounds pretty awesome to my ears. Not the top of his game but he compensates for it by a few adjustments and more aggression. Some raspy stuff here and there. Almost remiscent of his Awake style. I really dig this release!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1049 on: December 10, 2022, 09:25:12 AM »
I am so conflicted about buying this. On one hand, I hate to leave a new live album on the table, but on the other, the needless chopping of the last song really bothers me. I can't spend money on something that would still be incomplete.