Author Topic: "Official" Lost Not Forgotten (official bootlegs) thread  (Read 113251 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: "Official" Lost Not Forgotten (official bootlegs) thread
« Reply #735 on: July 20, 2022, 07:34:45 AM »
No, it's different.  It's the Images and Words DEMONS, not the Demos.   I'm excited. I'm expected Zak Baggins and a lot of grainy, night-vision-enhanced shuffling noises and wind that sounds like screams.   :) :) :)

Offline Trav86

« Reply #736 on: July 20, 2022, 07:45:20 AM »
No, it's different.  It's the Images and Words DEMONS, not the Demos.   I'm excited. I'm expected Zak Baggins and a lot of grainy, night-vision-enhanced shuffling noises and wind that sounds like screams.   :) :) :)

I didn’t even catch that. I’ll start preparing my sacrifices to the dark lord.  :hefdaddy
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #737 on: July 20, 2022, 07:55:52 AM »
IAW, black metal remixes :rollin
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #738 on: July 20, 2022, 09:49:28 AM »

Edit: nevermind

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #739 on: July 20, 2022, 10:00:44 AM »
OOH! Or maybe an album of KISS covers!!   Rock and ROLL!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #740 on: July 20, 2022, 11:38:35 AM »
OOH! Or maybe an album of KISS covers!!   Rock and ROLL!

Oh let
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #741 on: July 20, 2022, 05:21:32 PM »
During pt. 2 of his Young Guitar interview, JP explicitly said that they're going to add older live shows with MP that haven't been released before, newer shows with MM, and demos that we've never heard from albums not featured before in this collection. He also specifically talked about an older festival show in Japan they're releasing later (he said Download, but they haven't played Download in Japan before, so I think it's the Summer Sonic 2010 one).

Here's the link: https://youtu.be/CU-Ffw1qNKo

It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #742 on: July 20, 2022, 05:51:05 PM »
That is all great news!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #743 on: July 21, 2022, 08:10:46 AM »
During pt. 2 of his Young Guitar interview, JP explicitly said that they're going to add older live shows with MP that haven't been released before, newer shows with MM, and demos that we've never heard from albums not featured before in this collection. He also specifically talked about an older festival show in Japan they're releasing later (he said Download, but they haven't played Download in Japan before, so I think it's the Summer Sonic 2010 one).

Nice! Maybe there i hope for hearing ADTOE with a drum machine!

Offline Trav86

« Reply #744 on: July 21, 2022, 10:53:37 AM »

In b4 “iT aLREeAdY SoUnDs lIKe tHaT!! hahahahaha!!”

Nice! Maybe there i hope for hearing ADTOE with a drum machine!
Can't we find the minds

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #745 on: July 21, 2022, 04:08:13 PM »

Great news!!
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #746 on: July 22, 2022, 11:38:30 AM »
Not repurchasing the FII Demos, as I have the Ytsejam version.  But listening to it this morning after not having done so in a LONG time.  I had forgotten how good a lot of this material is.  Yeah, some of it is forgettable.  But no matter my personal opinion on any of it, it is SO cool that they released this.  Definitely one of the cooler Ytsejam/LNF releases, and I'm not sure why some feel the need to dump on it just because they individually might be apathetic toward it.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #747 on: July 22, 2022, 07:35:36 PM »
I listened to those demos once, and never had any interest in listening to them again. I am rarely if ever interested in demos. But yes it is indeed great that the band did make them available.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Trav86

« Reply #748 on: July 23, 2022, 08:13:16 AM »
I know I’ve said this every time the subject of these demos comes up. I love listening to them, and I’m a big fan of the songs that were left off. However, I think the final release was the best album for what they were trying to accomplish. An unpopular opinion, I know, but it’s one of my favorites.  I really appreciate the band for letting us FII fans get to experience all of it.
Can't we find the minds

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #749 on: July 23, 2022, 08:59:04 AM »
I listened to those demos once, and never had any interest in listening to them again. I am rarely if ever interested in demos. But yes it is indeed great that the band did make them available.

I listened to the FII demos quite a bit. Awake demos, not so much. Very similar so you may as well just listen to the album. I&W and WDADU is a little different as those are very, I guess, peculiar would be the right word. Fascinating stuff.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #750 on: August 05, 2022, 03:53:28 PM »
Just ordered my first LNF CD. I preordered the Live In Berlin 2019 show. Very pumped for it. I really like the setlist and I hope it's good. Getting live shows was such a great thing with Ytsejam. I hope there's more in the pipeline.

Offline Deadeye21

• 30 years say we’re in this together
« Reply #751 on: August 05, 2022, 08:09:46 PM »
Just ordered my first LNF CD. I preordered the Live In Berlin 2019 show. Very pumped for it. I really like the setlist and I hope it's good. Getting live shows was such a great thing with Ytsejam. I hope there's more in the pipeline.

I think there’s some more vaulted stuff thst’ll start making it’s way out soon. I’m excited to hear what there could be.
Let's go with a P for Deadeye has premature alphabetejaculation.

Offline devieira73

« Reply #752 on: August 06, 2022, 08:37:57 AM »
I'm really happy that they will be releasing new live recordings (even including from MP's period), but I'm bit disapointed that, if they keep the pattern, they will release only audio. Anybody has asked to the band/Petrucci if they are planning to release some DVD or Blu-Ray on LNF Archives?

Offline JLa

« Reply #753 on: August 07, 2022, 02:04:04 PM »
I never got around to picking up the Ytsejam releases of When Dream and Day Reunite and the FII demos. Needless to say I'm thrilled to have them in my collection now.

Some of the FII tracks are really good. I'm not sure if they are better than the tracks on the album, but I don't think they're any worse either. I love The way it used to be! Great little U2 vibe going on there.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #754 on: August 07, 2022, 03:08:12 PM »
I love The way it used to be! Great little U2 vibe going on there.

Speak To Me as well.

Offline MarceloMalulo

« Reply #755 on: August 11, 2022, 06:13:02 PM »
Just listened to "Live in Berlin 2019" (some snippets) and is awesome!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #756 on: August 11, 2022, 07:19:09 PM »
It should be on my doorstep when I get home tomorrow.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #757 on: August 12, 2022, 07:04:27 AM »
It should be on my doorstep when I get home tomorrow.

Me too; can't wait.

Offline devieira73

« Reply #758 on: August 12, 2022, 07:41:41 AM »
Now I think DT is really doing right in terms of recording and mix quality. Also, great performance!!

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #759 on: August 12, 2022, 02:37:42 PM »
Wow....I wish JLB's vocals were like this on the Distant Memories release.

I am also loving this mix. It's big, dynamic and I can hear the keyboards a lot better. Everything has space.

I now want a release of one of The Astonishing shows, especially if they're able to find a show with a mix that good.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #760 on: August 12, 2022, 02:38:54 PM »
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #761 on: August 12, 2022, 04:14:29 PM »
Wow....I wish JLB's vocals were like this on the Distant Memories release.

I am also loving this mix. It's big, dynamic and I can hear the keyboards a lot better. Everything has space.

YES! This sounds like a live album. If LNF has more releases like this, I will be very happy. The official live albums have really been disappointing.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #762 on: August 12, 2022, 05:53:37 PM »
This is the best live release of the Mangini era. The “A Dramatic Tour of Events - Select Board Recordings” is close though.
Can't we find the minds

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #763 on: August 12, 2022, 05:55:14 PM »
This is the best live release of the Mangini era. The “A Dramatic Tour of Events - Select Board Recordings” is close though.

They both have that "this was not processed in a studio" feeling.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #764 on: August 12, 2022, 06:23:32 PM »

Yes!
Can't we find the minds

Offline devieira73

« Reply #765 on: August 13, 2022, 07:17:50 PM »

I agree, but this new one has a better mix and a more consistent sound quality than ADTour, which, in many songs you can’t hear well MM’s bass drums (as example, hear TCOT). This new one really sounds delicious!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #766 on: August 13, 2022, 07:20:07 PM »
This one does indeed sound great. I haven't listened to the Happy Holidays one in years. I need to change that.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #767 on: August 13, 2022, 07:38:12 PM »

I agree, but this new one has a better mix and a more consistent sound quality than ADTour, which, in many songs you can’t hear well MM’s bass drums (as example, hear TCOT). This new one really sounds delicious!

You mean you can’t hear the differences between all four of them?!  ;D
Can't we find the minds

Offline devieira73

« Reply #768 on: August 13, 2022, 10:23:28 PM »
Have you heard? That’s what I was talking about! ;)

Offline nick_z

« Reply #769 on: August 14, 2022, 07:25:59 PM »
I love The way it used to be! Great little U2 vibe going on there.

Speak To Me as well.

Absolutely. Speak To Me sounds like a mix of The Cure and U2...really like the song.