Author Topic: "Official" Lost Not Forgotten (official bootlegs) thread  (Read 113210 times)

Offline The Letter M

Re: "Official" Lost Not Forgotten (official bootlegs) thread
« Reply #665 on: June 06, 2022, 09:54:09 PM »
Bought Live in NYC 1993 last Friday. I’d never heard Eve before, it’s pretty fantastic. I tried to do a search for some discussion about it but couldn’t find anything, is there a thread about it somewhere?

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=35281.0

From my pinned thread at the top, featuring links to threads dedicated to specific songs and albums.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #666 on: June 06, 2022, 10:05:22 PM »
Bought Live in NYC 1993 last Friday. I’d never heard Eve before, it’s pretty fantastic. I tried to do a search for some discussion about it but couldn’t find anything, is there a thread about it somewhere?

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=35281.0

From my pinned thread at the top, featuring links to threads dedicated to specific songs and albums.

-Marc.

Oh never noticed that thread. Thanks a lot!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #667 on: June 07, 2022, 06:15:54 AM »
Seeing that everyone has a perfect (and different) version of FII, I'm really conviced that FII should have been a double album, with Metropolis pt. 2 finished and basically the rest of the songs closer to its original arrangements. Personally, I'm sure that would like this way, with just a little nuances, like keeping the lyrics, the faster tempo and that drum intro of You Not Me; keeping the demo arrangement of Take Away My Pain; keeping the studio arrangement of Lines in the Sand and adding that little (and super cool!) keyboard pattern of Hell's Kitchen (2:47 to 3:01) on the demo version of Burning My Soul .

Usually, I tend to go with the final product (the actual FII album) for the songs that made the cut, but I think a "better" version of the album would be a double, including those 5 other completed songs (not counting Met. 2).

I don't reach for FII very often, but when I do, it's the "Director's Cut", 2CD version.  I could do without the raw Metropolis, but I really like those songs that didn't make the final album.  I think they are strong (certainly stronger than some of the material that made the cut).

Offline pg1067

« Reply #668 on: June 07, 2022, 09:13:42 AM »

I'm surprised that the dedicated thread exists.  Eve is fine for what it is, but it's little more than background filler.

Then we'd have a double album of weak material instead of a single album.

Ditto what I've written before about a thousand times.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #669 on: June 09, 2022, 10:45:14 PM »
I just remembered that the special edition for The Astonishing novel had a bonus disc or something like that containing some demos from the TA sessions. I don't think a lot of people got or even know about these, so I'd love to see those demos being offered as a new LNFA release someday. I don't even know what was in those demos tbh :P

I bought the novel specifically for the demos. 10 tracks, about 28 minutes. They were a download, not on a disc at all. Fairly interesting, but really was just one song (The Gift of Music) from rough idea, through different demos and mixes, including the album mix... and then four short unused ideas. Interesting, but I'd hope for more if there ever was an Astonishing Demos disc.

1. TGOM iPhone Seed #1
2. TGOM iPhone Seed #2
3. TGOM Studio Guide Track (gtr. & keys)
4. TGOM Early Gtr. RUFF 2015-04-07
5. TGOM Instrumental RUFF Mix 2015-06-08
6. TGOM Final Album Master Mix
7. Unused Song Idea #1
8. Unused Song Idea #2
9. Unused Song Idea #3
10. Unused Song Idea #4
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #670 on: June 09, 2022, 11:18:42 PM »
I just remembered that the special edition for The Astonishing novel had a bonus disc or something like that containing some demos from the TA sessions. I don't think a lot of people got or even know about these, so I'd love to see those demos being offered as a new LNFA release someday. I don't even know what was in those demos tbh :P

I bought the novel specifically for the demos. 10 tracks, about 28 minutes. They were a download, not on a disc at all. Fairly interesting, but really was just one song (The Gift of Music) from rough idea, through different demos and mixes, including the album mix... and then four short unused ideas. Interesting, but I'd hope for more if there ever was an Astonishing Demos disc.

1. TGOM iPhone Seed #1
2. TGOM iPhone Seed #2
7. Unused Song Idea #1
8. Unused Song Idea #2
9. Unused Song Idea #3
10. Unused Song Idea #4

Thank you! Definitely the only interesting things there (to me) are the last 4 tracks, and at 28 mins overall, and that's counting the album version of TGOM, it's definitely not something I'd want to see just by itself as a new release.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #671 on: June 10, 2022, 08:11:45 AM »
Has it been revealed here yet that The Number Of The Beast is the next release?

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline RandalGraves

« Reply #672 on: June 10, 2022, 11:27:56 AM »

-Marc.

Yep. That and Live in Berlin (2019) is the following release.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #673 on: June 10, 2022, 01:15:32 PM »

-Marc.
Well, I listened on Spotify today, so it's out there.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #674 on: June 10, 2022, 01:59:29 PM »

-Marc.

Ah okay, I went back a few pages here and didn't see any mention of it. I only briefly saw a post about it kn Facebook earlier this morning .

Do we know what the August release will be yet?

-Marc.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #675 on: June 10, 2022, 03:06:26 PM »

-Marc.

Ah okay, I went back a few pages here and didn't see any mention of it. I only briefly saw a post about it kn Facebook earlier this morning .

Do we know what the August release will be yet?

-Marc.

Live in Berlin is listed for an August release here https://www.amazon.com/Dream-Theater/dp/B09XP71ML9/ref=mp_s_a_1_29?keywords=Dream+Theater&qid=1654895110&s=music&sr=1-29
but there's nothing listed or announced for July (yet?).
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #676 on: June 10, 2022, 04:21:18 PM »

1. TGOM iPhone Seed #1
2. TGOM iPhone Seed #2
7. Unused Song Idea #1
8. Unused Song Idea #2
9. Unused Song Idea #3
10. Unused Song Idea #4

Whoa. I didn't know about this. I mean, I probably did but I was so disappointed in TA that I didn't bother following the band much at the time and have forgotten. If I remember correctly, the novel was pricey so I didn't bother picking it up even though I try to buy EVERYTHING. I would definitely buy a stand alone release of that bonus disc though.

Offline EPIC Outro

« Reply #677 on: June 11, 2022, 09:04:14 PM »

Does anyone have a full list of what LNFA albums were released and when?

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #678 on: June 11, 2022, 09:45:08 PM »

Does anyone have a full list of what LNFA albums were released and when?

Doesn't have dates, but it's organized from newer to older: https://dreamtheater.net/lnfa/?fbclid=IwAR1GqRn4SadhTG-TpIURSJ4qGR_HNmqKULIvkVHnO89jl7ih6ME-gd9xBWU

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #681 on: June 21, 2022, 02:09:48 PM »
I'm surprised you don't have this, Hef.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #682 on: June 21, 2022, 02:30:33 PM »
I'm surprised you don't have this, Hef.
I've got, um, a version of it.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #683 on: June 23, 2022, 08:36:52 AM »
September 9th
Images and Words Demos (1989-1991)
https://www.fnac.com/a17125844/Dream-Theater-Lost-Not-Forgotten-Archives-Images-And-Words-Demos-1989-1991-CD-album

Definitely pick this one up if you don't have it. Sad that the liner notes won't be included. This and the WDADU need those liner notes to really get the full picture. If anybody wants scans of those (or any others) from the original releases I could probably get those for you.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #684 on: June 23, 2022, 10:06:06 AM »
September 9th
https://www.fnac.com/a17125844/Dream-Theater-Lost-Not-Forgotten-Archives-Images-And-Words-Demos-1989-1991-CD-album

Definitely pick this one up if you don't have it. Sad that the liner notes won't be included. This and the WDADU need those liner notes to really get the full picture. If anybody wants scans of those (or any others) from the original releases I could probably get those for you.

The Discogs page for Ytse Jam Records has scans under each individual album. Just click on the album cover on each album's individual page and scans should pop up. At least they're there for the WDADU and IAW demos pages that I checked.

-Marc.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #685 on: June 23, 2022, 11:30:31 AM »
Does this mean we'll end up getting the Bucharest and Santiago shows? Because that would be SWEET.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #686 on: June 23, 2022, 11:37:54 AM »
Does this mean we'll end up getting the Bucharest and Santiago shows? Because that would be SWEET.

Not sure. They haven't announced any videos for The LNFA yet, and I'm skeptical since they skipped the video for WDADR.

-Marc.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #687 on: June 23, 2022, 11:57:18 AM »
Bucharest is the item from YJR that I felt like I really missed out on, so I hope we'll get some videos, including that one.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline jimgolf

« Reply #688 on: June 23, 2022, 12:19:42 PM »
The Bucharest 2002 show is probably one of my favorite Dream Theater shows. Its an amazing setlist, James is pretty great(aside from when he trips and falls  :lol ) and the band is firing on all cylinders (Petruccis solo before Scarred  :metal )

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #689 on: June 23, 2022, 12:44:24 PM »
September 9th

The Discogs page for Ytse Jam Records has scans under each individual album. Just click on the album cover on each album's individual page and scans should pop up. At least they're there for the WDADU and IAW demos pages that I checked.

-Marc.

:tup

Everyone needs to check these out. Fascinating stories, especially about the several vocalists that were almost official including one they wanted to get hair extensions, one who was official for half a show, and one poor sap that was basically official and then they heard about a certain Canadian. The last guy now does flamenco music and is really good at it!

Offline 425

« Reply #690 on: June 23, 2022, 02:43:40 PM »

Not sure. They haven't announced any videos for The LNFA yet, and I'm skeptical since they skipped the video for WDADR.

-Marc.

Yeah, I'm starting to get a little worried, as Bucharest is my #1 most-wanted YJR release.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #691 on: June 23, 2022, 08:24:27 PM »

-Marc.

Yeah, I'm starting to get a little worried, as Bucharest is my #1 most-wanted YJR release.

I'd be ok with just the getting the audio, but that's my most anticipated re-release as well.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #692 on: June 23, 2022, 08:32:32 PM »
I’ve got the DVDs. Would love that audio.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #693 on: June 24, 2022, 08:53:10 AM »

Same here.

Offline MarceloMalulo

« Reply #694 on: June 26, 2022, 01:47:06 PM »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Deadeye21

• 30 years say we’re in this together
« Reply #696 on: June 27, 2022, 03:36:40 AM »
https://auto.mercadolibre.cl/MLC-1011181342-porsche-macan-s-30-un-dueno-2017-_JM

Image number 12 is totally epic and unexpected.

:metal

I kinda want to buy a car just because it has played Dream Theater, lol.
Let's go with a P for Deadeye has premature alphabetejaculation.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #697 on: June 27, 2022, 09:45:29 AM »
https://auto.mercadolibre.cl/MLC-1011181342-porsche-macan-s-30-un-dueno-2017-_JM

Image number 12 is totally epic and unexpected.

:metal

I kinda want to buy a car just because it has played Dream Theater, lol.

My 2007 Kia Sedona is up for grabs.  :lol
It’s played tons of Dream Theater. Only 295k miles..

Offline sfam2112

• "Oops!" Insurance Salesman
« Reply #698 on: June 28, 2022, 03:04:11 PM »

Just rip the audio from it. That's what I did. :)
My music:
https://soundcloud.com/tommybrittmusic

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #699 on: June 28, 2022, 03:13:15 PM »

Just rip the audio from it. That's what I did. :)

I’m 55 😆. I don’t speak that language.