Author Topic: "Official" Lost Not Forgotten (official bootlegs) thread  (Read 117754 times)

Offline MarceloMalulo

Re: "Official" Lost Not Forgotten (official bootlegs) thread
« Reply #175 on: December 28, 2021, 07:34:40 AM »
Next releases:
Live in NYC, 1993: https://monstermusicsc.com/UPC/194399895122
Awake Demos: https://www.amazon.com/Lost-Not-Forgotten-Archives-Special/dp/B09P2475Z1/ref=tmm_acd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Nothing confirmed, just searched "Lost Not Forgotten Archives" in Google and it appeared...

Online Trav86

« Reply #176 on: December 28, 2021, 12:55:33 PM »
Awesome! The only demos that interest me are the Majesty ones and FII but that Limelight 93 show is amazing.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 01:14:18 PM by Trav86 »
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline lucasembarbosa

• Pale Rider of No Tomorrow
« Reply #177 on: December 29, 2021, 07:08:18 AM »
These releases would be more interesting if they could alternate between MP and MM eras... But I don't know if they have enough material from MM era to release.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #178 on: December 29, 2021, 07:46:54 AM »
These releases would be more interesting if they could alternate between MP and MM eras... But I don't know if they have enough material from MM era to release.

I'd say they do. TA live, DOT demos, the rest of the Budokan 2017 show, 35th anniversary tour, MM's full audition, other festival shows...

The problem, I think, is that they've committed to re-releasing everything from the original run, and that alone will take them more than 2 years to complete. If they started including more new ones to the mix, which I still want them to, they would never finish with this :P
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline lucasembarbosa

« Reply #179 on: December 29, 2021, 07:53:00 AM »

I'd say they do. TA live, DOT demos, the rest of the Budokan 2017 show, 35th anniversary tour, MM's full audition, other festival shows...

The problem, I think, is that they've committed to re-releasing everything from the original run, and that alone will take them more than 2 years to complete. If they started including more new ones to the mix, which I still want them to, they would never finish with this :P

The complete audition of MM would be AWESOME  :hefdaddy

Offline MarceloMalulo

« Reply #180 on: December 29, 2021, 08:48:18 AM »

The complete audition of MM would be AWESOME  :hefdaddy
I would love "Santiago, Chile, 15/12/19 (Distance Over Time Tour and Scenes from a Memory 20 years)".

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #181 on: December 29, 2021, 12:17:56 PM »
I would love "Santiago, Chile, 15/12/19 (Distance Over Time Tour and Scenes from a Memory 20 years)".
The problem is that there's nothing different at that show in terms of the setlist compared to what Distant Memories is. And with them glued to a click track, the room for improvisation or variations is gone. Very few people outside of Chile would bother buying it.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline MarceloMalulo

« Reply #182 on: December 29, 2021, 04:38:36 PM »
The problem is that there's nothing different at that show in terms of the setlist compared to what Distant Memories is. And with them glued to a click track, the room for improvisation or variations is gone. Very few people outside of Chile would bother buying it.
Yeah, I understand. It's just that that's how I got to know Dream Theater's music, so it's a very special show for me. Actually, it's the show and music that got me into metal. It was stunning, I was amazed with everything. The only bad thing is that the sound was horrible. The vocals sounded very saturated while the drums were barely audible, so LNFA would be a good way to get a better sound (in my point of view, because of the above). Another thing that gives a different touch to the concert is the audience. It's not very important when listening to it but it makes my hair stand on end.

I'm in love with that concert  :heart

PD: And James had a cold. The vocals sounded different...!

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #183 on: December 29, 2021, 07:46:27 PM »
PD: And James had a cold. The vocals sounded different...!
And that right there will guarantee that you'll never see that show released on LNFA, even if the setlist was completely different.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #184 on: December 29, 2021, 08:59:24 PM »
Just curious if anyone has received the autograph vinyl copy of Images & Words Live in Japan 2017 yet ?

Offline sylentman

« Reply #185 on: December 30, 2021, 12:52:25 PM »
Just curious if anyone has received the autograph vinyl copy of Images & Words Live in Japan 2017 yet ?

I have been a afraid to ask for a long time in case others had received, but seeing your question now i know i am not alone waiting…
I did get a mail some time ago (September i think… that they faced some issues with the vinyl/packaging that did not meet expected quality, but would have assumed they could/should have been fixed-reissued by now?
I just hope to get it at some point, but this experience will likely discourage me from purchase anything else directly in the LNFA site (even if at more affordable price).

They should have sent the ones issued with packaging damage to us for free on the meantime while we wait for the fixed ones, or will expect at least something else as service recovery hehe

Offline Wim Kruithof

• Official Guardian of The Shattered Fortress
« Reply #186 on: January 01, 2022, 03:34:25 AM »
Received my red vinyl When Dream and Day Reunite and gave it some proper time to spin. What an outstanding performance. Really glad I’ve got it, the Killing Hand is wonderful.
Wim pointed out something I don't see mentioned very often...

Offline Wim Kruithof

« Reply #187 on: January 03, 2022, 11:14:12 AM »
Been wondering, does anyone know in which songs Sherinian participated, on When Dream and Day Reunite. Only in Metropolis, or was there more where he was guest-playing? I can't separate him with Rudess...

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #188 on: January 03, 2022, 11:19:09 AM »
Been wondering, does anyone know in which songs Sherinian participated, on When Dream and Day Reunite. Only in Metropolis, or was there more where he was guest-playing? I can't separate him with Rudess...

Sherinian only came on stage for Metropolis during the encore. There are videos of that performance on YouTube and they show off when he plays lead, so that might help distinguish his sound from Jordan's.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #189 on: January 03, 2022, 11:27:38 AM »
When you hear cheesy 90s synth patches, it's Derek :D
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #190 on: January 03, 2022, 11:36:14 AM »

:rollin :rollin :rollin
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #191 on: January 03, 2022, 12:08:04 PM »
LOL! Yeah, but no. I love his lead sound much more so than JR's, especially during that performance of Metropolis. I could've done without the platform shoes, feather boa, furry carpet and lame posturing, but not his playing or the patches that he used.

Offline Wim Kruithof

« Reply #192 on: January 03, 2022, 01:44:32 PM »
thanks guys, this forum is a blessing.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #193 on: January 03, 2022, 01:57:17 PM »
I was having a little fun at Derek's expense; I know it became a bit of a thing here coming off some of his comments around the launch of Sons of Apollo.

I haven't listened to this in ages, and have no recollection of Metropolis, other than what has been discussed here. Will see if I can give it a listen this week.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #194 on: January 04, 2022, 10:51:39 PM »
Ok so I listened to Metropolis today in the van. I tried to be objective when I got to the solo spots, and I gotta say... my predominant thought when either Jordan or Derek were on the keys was "can you guys stop so I can hear more JP?" I bet if I Was there I would have loved that instrumental section, but listening to it today was a bit fo a slog. I could not say which parts are Jordan's and which were Derek's but I do not have an analytical ear by any stretch. I do, however, think I could tell which vocalist was which.

Offline lucasembarbosa

« Reply #195 on: January 05, 2022, 01:04:32 AM »
Ok so I listened to Metropolis today in the van. I tried to be objective when I got to the solo spots, and I gotta say... my predominant thought when either Jordan or Derek were on the keys was "can you guys stop so I can hear more JP?" I bet if I Was there I would have loved that instrumental section, but listening to it today was a bit fo a slog. I could not say which parts are Jordan's and which were Derek's but I do not have an analytical ear by any stretch. I do, however, think I could tell which vocalist was which.

If you use headphones you can "see" the sounds are panned in the position they usually stay in shows: Keys to the left of the audience, guitar slightly to the right, bass, drums and vocals in center. In this case, in the solos, Jordan is hard panned left, JP center and DS hard panned right (audience perspective).

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #196 on: January 05, 2022, 04:55:29 AM »
I was at the show, and I remember Derek soloed before JR on each round. I would describe Derek's patch as very crisp and distinct in sound, but JR's on that particular song was more muted by comparison.

Offline MarceloMalulo

« Reply #197 on: January 06, 2022, 04:36:39 PM »
Awake Demos (1994)
The remixed and reworked demos of Awake (1994) are available for the first time on vinyl and present one of the most iconic entries in Dream Theater's discography in its original form. With the fan favorites '6:00', 'Space-Dye Vest', 'The Mirror' and more, this original demo recording of Dream Theater's third studio album, the successor to the legendary 'Images and Words', offers a unique insight into the incomparable history of the quintet.
Out on 25.02.2022

Here's a link to pre-order.
https://www.amazon.com/Lost-Not-Forgotten-Archives-Special/dp/B09P2475Z1/ref=tmm_acd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #198 on: January 06, 2022, 08:05:31 PM »
So the next 3 releases are the Majesty demos, Awake demos and the live show from NY in '93 :metal

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #200 on: January 07, 2022, 11:22:52 AM »
Jesus fuck, these album covers
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #201 on: January 07, 2022, 11:50:29 AM »
Meant to represent the view (pun not intended) from a kaleidoscope I think.
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline lucasembarbosa

« Reply #202 on: January 07, 2022, 03:33:53 PM »
Differently from the other releases, this one was "remixed" as well... I hope it was remixed by Jimmy T!

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #203 on: January 07, 2022, 08:25:52 PM »
Differently from the other releases, this one was "remixed" as well... I hope it was remixed by Jimmy T!

Most likely, since, if I'm not mistaken, Jimmy T works for DT full time.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #204 on: January 07, 2022, 08:34:54 PM »
Jesus fuck, these album covers

I know!

Meant to represent the view (pun not intended) from a kaleidoscope I think.

But why? What does a kaleidoscope have anything to do with DT?

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #205 on: January 07, 2022, 08:49:05 PM »
I'm probably the weird case here but I actually don't mind these kaleidoscope album covers, I even like them. Having said that, the one for the Awake demos looks pretty bad :lol

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #206 on: January 08, 2022, 02:37:41 AM »

Most likely, since, if I'm not mistaken, Jimmy T works for DT full time.

Isn't he their Studio Engineer?
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #207 on: January 08, 2022, 04:16:38 AM »
and their monitor engineer too (live)
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #208 on: January 08, 2022, 07:18:03 AM »
Awake Demos (1994)
The remixed and reworked demos of Awake (1994) are available for the first time on vinyl and present one of the most iconic entries in Dream Theater's discography in its original form. With the fan favorites '6:00', 'Space-Dye Vest', 'The Mirror' and more, this original demo recording of Dream Theater's third studio album, the successor to the legendary 'Images and Words', offers a unique insight into the incomparable history of the quintet.
Out on 25.02.2022

Here's a link to pre-order.
https://www.amazon.com/Lost-Not-Forgotten-Archives-Special/dp/B09P2475Z1/ref=tmm_acd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Awake is such a great sounding album. I guess I'd listen to e demo version of the songs, but I can't imagine listening to it more than once, and I woudn't even be interested in hearing every song.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #209 on: January 08, 2022, 09:57:20 AM »
My digital music library is in chronological order, so A View From The Top Of The World is just going to be sitting in the middle of a sea of these ugly kaleidoscope covers.  :lol
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.