Author Topic: "Official" Lost Not Forgotten (official bootlegs) thread  (Read 117140 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: "Official" Lost Not Forgotten (official bootlegs) thread
« Reply #945 on: October 15, 2022, 06:53:11 PM »

My gut feeling is that the posted tracklisting is simply missing it. If you watch the broadcast, they go right from BitS to BtV:
https://youtu.be/B0fPY9PPB2E?t=3851

So either they'd have to fade out the end of BitS or edit the ending some other way. And given that BtV hasn't been played much, I can't imagine them not including it. Plus, the whole thing - including BtV - is less than 72 minutes, so it easily will all fit on one CD.

My biggest disappointment is what someone else posted: that they didn't pick one of the shows where the full length set was played, especially given that the Wacken broadcast is widely in circulation already and it's well established that it isn't one of JL's better performances. I get that they may want to keep it to a single CD, but given how cheap manufacturing CDs is these days, they should just go for a full show. Even with vinyl, I'm sure it will still be a double LP, and I'd imagine they could still squeeze a full show onto a double LP set still.

I kind of think the tracklist is simply missing BTV too. If it's in there, I'll definitely get it.

But yeah, the fact that it's been on youtube the whole time makes it a curious choice for a release.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #946 on: October 15, 2022, 08:50:46 PM »
Would be a huge bummer if they're missing THAT one song, yet we get another live version of TSCO, AIA and Metropolis from the current lineup. And I still haven't recovered from them omitting ACOS from not one, but TWO releases from the Budokan show in 2017 :lol
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #947 on: October 16, 2022, 09:13:12 PM »
Burning Shed has both the CD and Vinyl tracklists and there's no BTV in either of them :tdwn

https://burningshed.com/dream-theater_live-at-wacken_double-vinyl_cd?filter_name=dream%20theater&filter_sub_category=true
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #948 on: October 17, 2022, 02:16:14 AM »
I was watching the Wacken broadcast and JLB ends up ending the lyrics to Constant Motion early, and goes for the big ending, yet comes back in and does it again. I wonder if they'll fix that or leave it in. And also that weird vocal effect at the end of Panic Attack.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Hypnotherapist

« Reply #949 on: October 17, 2022, 07:42:24 AM »
Really, Inside Out can't correctly specify what it releases itself.
They inform that they will be 2 CDs and 2 LPs in the product description and in the title they inform 2LP + CD (... and they didn't publish the tracklist):
https://www.insideoutshop.de/products/dream-theater-lost-not-forgotten-archives-live-at-wacken-2015gatefold-black-2lp-cd?_pos=2&_sid=fdb002017&_ss=r
https://www.insideoutshop.de/products/dream-theater-lost-not-forgotten-archives-live-at-wacken-2015special-edition-cd-digipak?_pos=2&_sid=b856939d3&_ss=r
 :facepalm:

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #950 on: October 17, 2022, 08:31:55 AM »
I don't care about the Wacken show.

But hey, the Made In Japan set that dropped Friday was FIRE.  I haven't listened to it in years, and Deep Purple isn't usually my thing, but that set rocked pretty hard.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #951 on: October 17, 2022, 08:45:50 AM »
It'll be roughly 71 minutes if this YouTube video is anything to go by.

-Marc.
44:44 WTF?  :rollin :rollin

https://youtu.be/B0fPY9PPB2E?t=2684
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #952 on: October 17, 2022, 09:22:41 AM »

But hey, the Made In Japan set that dropped Friday was FIRE.  I haven't listened to it in years, and Deep Purple isn't usually my thing, but that set rocked pretty hard.

Definitely. That is easily my favorite of the 4 cover albums.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #953 on: October 17, 2022, 11:14:29 AM »
I don't care about the Wacken show.

I AM a pretty big Deep Purple fan and it's the bomb-diddley for sure.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #954 on: October 17, 2022, 07:13:32 PM »
I'm a huge Deep Purple fan and the album is...fine.

Offline Bluefish

« Reply #955 on: October 18, 2022, 11:35:28 AM »
Maybe we'll get an "Encores" disc with the songs they've cut from these releases.

That would be nice.

Offline Bluefish

« Reply #956 on: October 18, 2022, 11:37:04 AM »
I'm a huge Deep Purple fan and the album is...fine.

Same.  Blackmore inspired me to learn guitar when I heard the solo for Gates of Babylon by Rainbow.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #957 on: October 18, 2022, 11:48:58 AM »
Loving JP's guitar tone on this release, how it resonates, how it sounds, how it was mixed...Did he do something different in this show?

Offline Bluefish

« Reply #958 on: November 06, 2022, 02:06:28 PM »
Is there any update on the Images and Words demos?  Has anyone received CDs with the correct music on them?

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #960 on: November 09, 2022, 01:10:56 PM »
Next release!

Live at Madison Square Garden 2010
https://www.blackvinylrecordsspain.com/products/dream-theater-lost-not-forgotten-archives-live-at-madison-square-garden-2lps-cd

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theater/2010/madison-square-garden-new-york-ny-63d472a3.html

As I Am
A Rite of Passage
Act II: Scene Six: Home
Constant Motion
Panic Attack
Pull Me Under

Six songs for a double vinyl? Were there any extended jams in this set?

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #961 on: November 09, 2022, 01:43:30 PM »
I'd much rather an actual BC&SL show. At least we're getting something old/new.
Not my favorite set of songs, but this setlist was masterfully crafted for the Iron Maiden tour. Each song's tempo was increased from the previous one, until you get to Pull Me Under.

The bootleg to this show is cool in that you can hear the crowd getting more into it as the set progressed.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #962 on: November 09, 2022, 06:01:01 PM »
Heh, Constant Motion two bootlegs in a row? I'm in!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 09:52:41 PM by Madman Shepherd »

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #963 on: November 09, 2022, 06:41:56 PM »
I'll buy this, since I'm a super DT fan and a collector. No doubt, it should be an interesting performance. But, really, why release this show as the first from the Black Clouds tour?!  ::)
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #964 on: November 09, 2022, 08:47:24 PM »
I'm hoping for Summer Sonic Tokyo 2010 at some point (MP's last performance in the band).

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #965 on: November 10, 2022, 07:51:32 AM »
I will certainly listen when it hits Spotify, but no way would I buy this.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #966 on: November 10, 2022, 07:58:21 AM »
I might purchase digitally, but I don't think it's worth paying for vinyl.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #967 on: November 10, 2022, 08:08:15 AM »
Is it just me, or do they need to slow their roll on the ANNOUNCEMENTS.  I saw the 2010 release (I'm only getting the ones that weren't Ytejam releases) and thought "wait, I think I missed one..." and I did, the Wacken 2015 one.  But that's not released until DECEMBER!  I'm old; I can't remember all this shit!  :)

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #968 on: November 10, 2022, 08:11:42 AM »
Ah, the show I had tickets for and never made it. Should be a fun listen.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #969 on: November 10, 2022, 09:11:26 AM »
Is it just me, or do they need to slow their roll on the ANNOUNCEMENTS.  I saw the 2010 release (I'm only getting the ones that weren't Ytejam releases) and thought "wait, I think I missed one..." and I did, the Wacken 2015 one.  But that's not released until DECEMBER!  I'm old; I can't remember all this shit!  :)

They announce every new one two months before release, so they can sort out all the logistics. With one coming every month, that's a lot of "hey, we're now releasing this" for sure :lol

I know this won't ever happen, but I kinda selfishly wish they either released them faster or at least gave us a heads up of all the new stuff coming out in the year or whatever. Why? Because since this started, I've been patiently waiting for the Bucharest and Santiago shows, and there's still no luck with that :P

Offline Bluefish

« Reply #970 on: November 10, 2022, 03:50:46 PM »
Next release!

https://www.blackvinylrecordsspain.com/products/dream-theater-lost-not-forgotten-archives-live-at-madison-square-garden-2lps-cd

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theater/2010/madison-square-garden-new-york-ny-63d472a3.html

As I Am
A Rite of Passage
Constant Motion
Panic Attack
Pull Me Under

-Marc.

I was there.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #971 on: November 10, 2022, 04:58:54 PM »
Next release!

As I Am
A Rite of Passage
Constant Motion
Panic Attack
Pull Me Under

-Marc.

This was when they opened for Iron Maiden, so there's nothing extended, and it was only about a 50-60 minute set.  If you add up the lengths of the album tracks it comes in somewhere just under 55 minutes.

Also, what is the site to review this catalog for folks in the U.S. who just want CDs?  When you click through from DT.net, it takes you to a link for a bunch of streaming services, a site that wants me to pay in Euro, and one place where you can buy vinyl/CD combo sets, but I can't find a link for just CDs.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #972 on: November 10, 2022, 05:09:19 PM »
Also, what is the site to review this catalog for folks in the U.S. who just want CDs?  When you click through from DT.net, it takes you to a link for a bunch of streaming services, a site that wants me to pay in Euro, and one place where you can buy vinyl/CD combo sets, but I can't find a link for just CDs.
Doesn't look like they have it up for pre-sale yet, but I *highly* recommend going with lasercd.com - they are an excellent alternative to Amazon and specialize in all sorts of prog rock/metal and other stuff, on CD, vinyl and special packages. IIRC, they can ship out at media rate to minimize the shipping costs. Never had a problem with them.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #973 on: November 11, 2022, 09:44:44 AM »
Two new ones back to back! Nice!
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #974 on: November 11, 2022, 10:25:38 AM »
Doesn't look like they have it up for pre-sale yet, but I *highly* recommend going with lasercd.com - they are an excellent alternative to Amazon and specialize in all sorts of prog rock/metal and other stuff, on CD, vinyl and special packages. IIRC, they can ship out at media rate to minimize the shipping costs. Never had a problem with them.

Thanks!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #975 on: November 11, 2022, 11:57:38 AM »
Can't go wrong with Ken at LaserCD.com. Been buying from him for many years and I've had no single issue at all.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #976 on: November 11, 2022, 08:25:44 PM »
I was so excited when I saw DT was touring with IM, as my fandom for both was really high at that time. Then I saw DT play a full one-off show in PDX the night before, which was amazing, but left their set the next time a bit of a lead balloon.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline jimgolf

« Reply #977 on: November 12, 2022, 06:11:07 PM »
Definitely would really like to hear one of the full shows from the black clouds tour(especially the recorded summer sonic last show with portnoy) but I’m happy we are at least getting something from the very limited black clouds tour. Most of the performances on that tour were excellent and James sounded fantastic.

Side Note: I’ve been listening to the Old Bridge live show which was just released on streaming services and I got a laugh at the part in the The Mirror where Portnoy screams hypocrite and James just starts cracking up.

Second Side Note: I finished the Old Bridge snow and man, it’s a great show! James sounds great, and the early versions of the Falling into Infinity songs come across great live. If anyone hasn’t heard it, check it out  :metal
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 02:26:28 AM by jimgolf »

Offline don_waka

« Reply #978 on: November 14, 2022, 07:43:25 AM »
I've just finished listening to the LNF released on Thursday (Old Bridge, New Jersey 96), last week. It is the same they released back in 2006 as an official bootleg, right? Just checking if I've gone crazy or something...

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #979 on: November 14, 2022, 08:04:05 AM »
I've just finished listening to the LNF released on Thursday (Old Bridge, New Jersey 96), last week. It is the same they released back in 2006 as an official bootleg, right? Just checking if I've gone crazy or something...
Yes, it's the same.