Author Topic: "Official" Lost Not Forgotten (official bootlegs) thread  (Read 117317 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: "Official" Lost Not Forgotten (official bootlegs) thread
« Reply #910 on: September 20, 2022, 12:41:26 PM »
We’re gonna highlight the Carol of the Bells, but not the fact that this includes part of One Last Time shortly before?

Meh...I don't think it's OLT, although the chord progression on one pass sounds similar.
Yeah, it's not OLT.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Bluefish

« Reply #911 on: September 23, 2022, 05:33:16 PM »
Just got the Images and Words Demos. And the content is the Live in Berlin cd. What? Anyone else have this issue?

Same here.

Offline Bluefish

« Reply #912 on: October 03, 2022, 09:24:04 AM »
I just received a replacement for the defective Images and Words demos CDs.  The replacement is also defective.  Has anyone received a good copy?

Offline Bentower

« Reply #913 on: October 04, 2022, 02:56:21 AM »
I just received a replacement for the defective Images and Words demos CDs.  The replacement is also defective.  Has anyone received a good copy?

That's insane. You'd think InsideOut would have this sort of thing under control.
Human by Nature (prog-infused psychedelic metal): https://linktr.ee/hbnearth
Our debut album "Eläimys" is a trip I can whole-heartedly recommend to anyone into Pain of Salvation, Opeth, The Mars Volta, Magma etc.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #914 on: October 04, 2022, 08:54:08 AM »

You got a replacement from Inside Out already? Feels like they just asked for people's info a couple of weeks ago, and you'd think it would take some time for them to get new pressings from the factory.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Bluefish

« Reply #915 on: October 06, 2022, 02:13:57 PM »
No.  I bought it from amazon and I just received a third defective copy today.  I'm going to return it ask for a refund.  I'm not ordering another replacement until they sort this out

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #916 on: October 06, 2022, 02:47:49 PM »
No.  I bought it from amazon and I just received a third defective copy today.  I'm going to return it ask for a refund.  I'm not ordering another replacement until they sort this out

Not sure if you saw it, but all copies of the album from the initial pressing are defective. Dream Theater's social media accounts sent out a letter a couple weeks ago saying they were aware of it and were asking people for information to receive properly pressed discs directly from them. I'm pretty sure it was mentioned further up thread.

We are aware of a manufacturing error that includes the wrong audio files for the Dream Theater album Lost Not Forgotten Archives: Images and Words Demos (1989-1991). We are working on correcting this issue and want to be sure anyone who has purchased the CD in the United States receives a new copy with the proper album. Please email (dreamtheaterlnfa@gmail.com) with your name, order confirmation and shipping information and a new copy will be sent to you ASAP.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Bluefish

« Reply #917 on: October 06, 2022, 08:45:01 PM »

Not sure if you saw it, but all copies of the album from the initial pressing are defective. Dream Theater's social media accounts sent out a letter a couple weeks ago saying they were aware of it and were asking people for information to receive properly pressed discs directly from them. I'm pretty sure it was mentioned further up thread.

We are aware of a manufacturing error that includes the wrong audio files for the Dream Theater album Lost Not Forgotten Archives: Images and Words Demos (1989-1991). We are working on correcting this issue and want to be sure anyone who has purchased the CD in the United States receives a new copy with the proper album. Please email (dreamtheaterlnfa@gmail.com) with your name, order confirmation and shipping information and a new copy will be sent to you ASAP.

-Marc.

Thanks Marc.  I must have missed it.  I'll check it out.

Offline javidt

« Reply #918 on: October 09, 2022, 01:04:20 PM »
I've a question about the original Ytse Jam bootlegs. A couple of years ago I bought the SFAM bootleg on eBay and I've always had the doubt whether it was a counterfeit or not.

I think that the green colour is too light but I don't know if it's because it's s repress or a counterfeit.

Maybe somebody could help me  :angel:

Offline MarceloMalulo

« Reply #919 on: October 09, 2022, 04:15:33 PM »
I've a question about the original Ytse Jam bootlegs. A couple of years ago I bought the SFAM bootleg on eBay and I've always had the doubt whether it was a counterfeit or not.

I think that the green colour is too light but I don't know if it's because it's s repress or a counterfeit.

Maybe somebody could help me  :angel:
Mmm... I think it's too light too... Check this Discogs photo:
https://www.discogs.com/es/release/2906432-Dream-Theater-Official-Bootleg-The-Making-Of-Scenes-From-A-Memory/image/SW1hZ2U6Mjc3MTk3MDU=

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #920 on: October 10, 2022, 08:47:26 AM »
You should also be able to tell by the Matrix/Runout codes.  What does the CD say?

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #921 on: October 10, 2022, 09:04:36 AM »
You should also be able to tell by the Matrix/Runout codes.  What does the CD say?

The what?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #922 on: October 10, 2022, 09:16:52 AM »

The what?

Flip the CD over and look at the little letters and numbers on the band of the CD. Those are called the "Matrix/Runout codes" (well, generally; some of them are also called Mastering SID codes and Mould SID codes, but still).   Take a picture of the little letters and numbers and we can probably tell if it's a counterfeit or not.

This (or something close to it) is what it says on mine:  25 YJAM Y003-2.1 01 MUSIC CONNECTION M0S1 Z17992

Offline javidt

« Reply #923 on: October 10, 2022, 10:10:04 AM »

Thanks!

The discogs image seems a bootleg because the "official bootleg" doesn't fit the CD.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 10:17:43 AM by javidt »

Offline javidt

« Reply #925 on: October 10, 2022, 10:42:26 AM »
https://www.discogs.com/release/14526523-Dream-Theater-Official-Bootleg-The-Making-Of-Scenes-From-A-Memory

It has the same Matrix code but different design on the front. Very strange. I didn't know that the YtseJam bootlegs were so diverse  :eek

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #926 on: October 10, 2022, 03:44:13 PM »
Just got the shipping confirmation from the Made in Japan vinyl (from LaserCD). Hoping to get it later in the week.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #927 on: October 12, 2022, 11:11:18 AM »
Max posted in this thread about December's LNFA release:

The next two archival DT releases are: Old Bridge, New Jersey (1996)  on November 11th and  Live at Wacken (2015)  on December 9th.

Looks like the show is uploaded onto YouTube after a Google search. Here's the setlist if anyone is curious:

False Awakening Suite (Intro Tape)
Afterlife
Metropolis Pt. 1: The Miracle and the Sleeper
Burning My Soul
The Spirit Carries On
As I Am
Panic Attack
Constant Motion
Bridges In The Sky
Behind The Veil

It'll be roughly 71 minutes if this YouTube video is anything to go by.

Happy to see another "new" release not originally a Ytse Jam Records album!

-Marc.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #928 on: October 12, 2022, 11:13:13 AM »
Max posted in this thread about December's LNFA release:

The next two archival DT releases are: Old Bridge, New Jersey (1996)  on November 11th and  Live at Wacken (2015)  on December 9th.

Looks like the show is uploaded onto YouTube after a Google search. Here's the setlist if anyone is curious:

False Awakening Suite (Intro Tape)
Afterlife
Metropolis Pt. 1: The Miracle and the Sleeper
Burning My Soul
The Spirit Carries On
As I Am
Panic Attack
Constant Motion
Bridges In The Sky
Behind The Veil

It'll be roughly 71 minutes if this YouTube video is anything to go by.

Happy to see another "new" release not originally a Ytse Jam Records album!

-Marc.

Awesome.!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #929 on: October 12, 2022, 11:23:55 AM »
So I just watched a bit of that concert and I'm inclined to agree with some of the YouTube comments about James' voice. Then again, I don't listen to Live DT very much anymore anyways, so I'll probably get the Wacken show just for completions' sake.

-Marc.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #930 on: October 12, 2022, 01:45:17 PM »
Hell yeah! Mangini era Constant Motion and Burning My Soul!

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #931 on: October 12, 2022, 01:55:13 PM »
Nice :metal :metal :metal
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline javidt

« Reply #932 on: October 12, 2022, 03:42:49 PM »
Glad to see a show from the "30th anniversary tour" released:

My only "complain" is that it's a short set. I wish it were something like this:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theater/2015/spodek-katowice-poland-33c95cc5.html

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #933 on: October 12, 2022, 03:48:57 PM »

My only "complain" is that it's a short set. I wish it were something like this:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theater/2015/spodek-katowice-poland-33c95cc5.html

Oh dang, I forgot they did Wither, which is one of my least favorite DT songs, but I'm always willing to give it another chance and an official bootleg would be the perfect way to do so.

Offline Deadeye21

• 30 years say we’re in this together
« Reply #934 on: October 12, 2022, 09:19:05 PM »
Oh crap, Wacken. They really thought putting that out was a good idea?
Let's go with a P for Deadeye has premature alphabetejaculation.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #935 on: October 13, 2022, 07:29:02 AM »
Oh crap, Wacken. They really thought putting that out was a good idea?
I have a feeling they'll probably do some post-production for JL's vocals, whether re-recording them or fly them in from another (better) performance on the same tour. I doubt JL would agree to release that recording as is even though it's already in circulation.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Online devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #936 on: October 13, 2022, 12:49:08 PM »

Release the rest of the songs as bonus tracks, please!! (and finally also a Blu-Ray release, if we can dream...)
Since they were playing with a click, surely they can mix some JLB better performances of other shows on it.
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline MarceloMalulo

« Reply #937 on: October 14, 2022, 01:25:47 PM »
Why Behind The Veil doesn't appear in the tracklist of the vinyl and CDs???
https://centurymedia.store/product/Y4CE701COMBO/dream-theater-lost-not-forgotten-archives-live-at-wacken-2015-3cd-digipack-digital-download?cp=102832_103046_104294

Also, there's again this 3CDs mistake...

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #938 on: October 14, 2022, 04:28:40 PM »
Why Behind The Veil doesn't appear in the tracklist of the vinyl and CDs???
https://centurymedia.store/product/Y4CE701COMBO/dream-theater-lost-not-forgotten-archives-live-at-wacken-2015-3cd-digipack-digital-download?cp=102832_103046_104294

Also, there's again this 3CDs mistake...

Hope it's a mistake, because that's the one I'm looking forward to the most. It's the only song from that show that doesn't have an official live version yet.

Amazon doesn't have BTV listed either :tdwn
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Online devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #939 on: October 14, 2022, 05:49:20 PM »
Also, why 2 CDs? The complete Wacken show fits in one CD:
https://youtu.be/B0fPY9PPB2E
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline javidt

« Reply #940 on: October 15, 2022, 01:56:41 AM »
Also, why 2 CDs? The complete Wacken show fits in one CD:
https://youtu.be/B0fPY9PPB2E

Maybe it's live in Berlin again...

I don't understand how can Inside Out is messing things up with these releases.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #941 on: October 15, 2022, 08:36:36 AM »
Amazon has it listed as 1 CD. The fact that they're apparently cutting Behind the Veil (presumably they couldn't fit it on the vinyl?) is frustrating, especially since it's a song that hasn't been released live before. Why release a full show minus one song at all? *looks at the Live at Budokan 2017 releases*

Maybe we'll get an "Encores" disc with the songs they've cut from these releases.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #942 on: October 15, 2022, 09:04:06 AM »
Amazon has it listed as 1 CD. The fact that they're apparently cutting Behind the Veil (presumably they couldn't fit it on the vinyl?) is frustrating, especially since it's a song that hasn't been released live before. Why release a full show minus one song at all? *looks at the Live at Budokan 2017 releases*

Fuck it then. If it’s missing a song, I’m not getting it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #943 on: October 15, 2022, 02:36:17 PM »

I am. I don't blame you for not though. Pretty lame of them to not even not go the extra mile, but in realty, just stop short of going one mile at all.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #944 on: October 15, 2022, 06:49:56 PM »
I am. I don't blame you for not though. Pretty lame of them to not even not go the extra mile, but in realty, just stop short of going one mile at all.
My gut feeling is that the posted tracklisting is simply missing it. If you watch the broadcast, they go right from BitS to BtV:
https://youtu.be/B0fPY9PPB2E?t=3851

So either they'd have to fade out the end of BitS or edit the ending some other way. And given that BtV hasn't been played much, I can't imagine them not including it. Plus, the whole thing - including BtV - is less than 72 minutes, so it easily will all fit on one CD.

My biggest disappointment is what someone else posted: that they didn't pick one of the shows where the full length set was played, especially given that the Wacken broadcast is widely in circulation already and it's well established that it isn't one of JL's better performances. I get that they may want to keep it to a single CD, but given how cheap manufacturing CDs is these days, they should just go for a full show. Even with vinyl, I'm sure it will still be a double LP, and I'd imagine they could still squeeze a full show onto a double LP set still.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.