Author Topic: "Official" Lost Not Forgotten (official bootlegs) thread  (Read 117273 times)

Offline 425

Re: "Official" Lost Not Forgotten (official bootlegs) thread
« Reply #385 on: March 24, 2022, 02:57:18 PM »
FII Demos will be a month off for me, since I have the YtseJam release, but I'm glad they're bringing it out so that newer fans can access it. Compared to the other demos they've released so far, it has the most unique content, since it has the five songs that were not included on the album, plus alternate versions of a lot of the songs that did make it.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #386 on: March 24, 2022, 03:25:53 PM »
That is definitely the one I am looking most forward to.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline EPIC Outro

« Reply #387 on: March 24, 2022, 04:35:13 PM »

Me too. This is my most cherished Ytsejam release. I really hope the new one sounds better than the old release.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #388 on: March 24, 2022, 08:48:34 PM »
Yay an album that includes songs that weren't good enough to make it on to their worst album! Where do I sign up?

:biggrin:
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #389 on: March 24, 2022, 08:51:04 PM »
 :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Deadeye21

• 30 years say we’re in this together
« Reply #390 on: March 24, 2022, 10:46:49 PM »
Next release: Falling Into Infinity Demos
https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/dream-theater-lost-not-forgotten-archives-falling-into-infinity/hnum/10896205?lang=en

I’d be all over getting a vinyl copy of this. Hope they polish it up a little bit, but honestly I’m just glad to have it
Let's go with a P for Deadeye has premature alphabetejaculation.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #391 on: March 25, 2022, 07:15:45 AM »
Yay an album that includes songs that weren't good enough to make it on to their worst album! Where do I sign up?

Yeah, I get that reaction, but no.  It's essentially the "Director's Cut" of the album, and honestly, I listen to it more than the regular release, frankly.  For me, "Lines In The Sand" without the guest vocal is worth the price of admission, and "The Way It Used To Be", "Raising The Knife" and "Cover My Eyes" are as good as anything on the record. "Cover My Eyes" is a top 10 DT song for me.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #392 on: March 25, 2022, 07:43:38 AM »

Yeah, I get that reaction, but no.  It's essentially the "Director's Cut" of the album, and honestly, I listen to it more than the regular release, frankly.  For me, "Lines In The Sand" without the guest vocal is worth the price of admission, and "The Way It Used To Be", "Raising The Knife" and "Cover My Eyes" are as good as anything on the record. "Cover My Eyes" is a top 10 DT song for me.

Agreed, and I'd even go so far as to say "Raise The Knife" is about as good as the least favored tracks from the album proper.

Thankfully I own a copy of Cleaning Out The Closet because the FII-session songs sound MUCH cleaner/more polished than the FII Demos versions. In fact, the only songs I go back to on the FII Demos are usually "Burning My Soul" 96 and "Take Away My Pain" 96, especially the latter. I still wish the band would have pulled that version out for a tour but I don't think they have.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline EPIC Outro

« Reply #393 on: March 25, 2022, 08:23:25 AM »

For me personally, I would put Raise the Knife ahead of Trial of Tears, but I know I am in the minority with that particular opinion! Speak to Me is fantastic, and I even have a soft spot for Where Are You Now.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #394 on: March 25, 2022, 08:27:25 AM »

This.

It says 1 CD. Wasn’t the YtseJam version 2 CDs?
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #395 on: March 25, 2022, 08:32:03 AM »

This.

It says 1 CD. Wasn’t the YtseJam version 2 CDs?

It was. Here's the tracklist for the Ytsejam Records version:

1-1      Raise The Knife   11:40
1-2      Where Are You Now?   7:27
1-3      Take Away My Pain   6:49
1-4      You Or Me   6:24
1-5      Anna Lee   6:36
1-6      Burning My Soul   8:57
1-7      The Way It Used To Be   7:47
1-8      Lines In The Sand   13:32

2-1      Just Let Me Breathe   5:24
2-2      Peruvian Skies   6:47
2-3      Trial Of Tears   12:54
2-4      Cover My Eyes   3:23
2-5      Hollow Years   6:26
2-6      New Millennium   8:19
2-7      Speak To Me   6:25
2-8      Metropolis Pt. 2 (Live Rehearsal Version)

Maybe that's just a typo for the LNFA version? If not, I wonder if they're just releasing the demos for the songs that made it onto the album?

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #396 on: March 25, 2022, 08:39:46 AM »
I'm guessing it's just a typo.

Btw, there's something I've been thinking about lately. Now that they're all in very good terms with MP again, I wonder if they can work something out so that they can use recordings from Mike's archive for future LNFA releases. I went back to an old MP post about the new stuff he would've released had he stayed with DT, and here's what he said (IIRC in 2012):

The next batch I was going to work on if things didn't go the way they went was:
--- a compilation of all the Rush Covers (Covers Series)
--- "The Making of SDOIT" (Studio Series)
--- Poughkeepsie, NY '98 (Xmas Unplugged Show - Derek's last show) (Live Series)
and DVD:
--- Several "Pro-shot" BC&SL shows (including Download '09 and the very final show in Tokyo)

I'd be mostly interested in the Poughkeepsie show as it has live versions of most FII demo tracks that didn't make it to the album; and sign me up for a proper BC&SL tour release as well. Hoping these get released someday.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Deadeye21

« Reply #397 on: March 25, 2022, 08:42:09 AM »
The songs left out would’ve made FII a better album. I think what people fail to realise is that the “rejects” aren’t necessarily products of the band’s decision, but a lot to do with the label as well. Hence why a banger like You Or Me turned into You Not Me when Desmond Child get involved, or a song like The Way It Used To Be which contains one of my favourite JP solos not making the record. There’s so much better they could’ve done if the right calls were made, otherwise these demos wouldn’t be so revered.

As to the 1 or 2 cd version, I’ve only seen it as a single CD with a 2 LP set. Maybe, in that case, the CD would have the omitted songs only? I sure hope they haven’t screwed this one like they have …And Beyond

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #398 on: March 25, 2022, 09:03:50 AM »
Inside Out's promo pic shows 2 discs.

Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #399 on: March 25, 2022, 09:04:45 AM »
Inside Out's promo pic shows 2 discs.

3LP/2CD makes MUCH more sense.

-Marc.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #400 on: March 25, 2022, 10:05:24 AM »

Falling Into Infinity, for me, is ranked as low as it is primarily because of the inclusion of roughly half of the songs on the album, at the expense of the better ones that were left off.

Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #401 on: March 25, 2022, 10:25:00 AM »

I've been saying that for years.

My thoughts in a nutshell:

They wrote enough material for a double album, but the label said no.  Boo hoo.  It was a completely reasonable thing for the label to do.  Beyond that, "[t]he label didn’t have an influence on the album."  (J. Petrucci).  The song selection was entirely up to the band.  Did they intentionally leave off songs that they thought were better than the songs they included?  I doubt that.  If those rejected songs were so strong, why didn't they save them for a subsequent album, rather than "burning" them on a fan club release?  There's a quote from MP's old FAQ section (which isn't on his website anymore, and I can't find the quote), where he wrote about how they had to decide what the strongest songs were.

In my opinion, YNM is MUCH better than YOM (and my understanding is that Childs's contribution was only lyrical and that all musical improvements were choices made by JP).  Substituting Raise the Knife for New Millennium, Just Let Me Breathe or Peruvian Skies would have made for a better album.  Otherwise, IMO, CME, STM, TWIUTB and WAYN are complete throw-aways.  Of course, there's more to this release, but I think the demo versions amply demonstrate that a 2-CD version of FII would have been much worse (e.g., both Hell's Kitchen and Lines in the Sand are better on their own than as part of a bloated combo version -- and that's even allowing for the annoying guy's background vocals).

The songs left out would’ve made FII a better album. I think what people fail to realise is that the “rejects” aren’t necessarily products of the band’s decision, but a lot to do with the label as well. Hence why a banger like You Or Me turned into You Not Me when Desmond Child get involved, or a song like The Way It Used To Be which contains one of my favourite JP solos not making the record. There’s so much better they could’ve done if the right calls were made, otherwise these demos wouldn’t be so revered.

...by a vocal, but still very small, minority of the fan base.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline EPIC Outro

« Reply #402 on: March 25, 2022, 11:12:16 AM »

I think the majority of the DT fan base doesn't know an alternate version of FII even exists, unfortunately. When I was at Score, some guy next to me had no idea what Raise the Knife was, but he was elated to hear it and spent intermission asking me about the FII demos. Hopefully this new release will raise awareness of these gems.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #403 on: March 25, 2022, 11:40:02 AM »

...by a vocal, but still very small, minority of the fan base.

Isn't that most things though?  I know for me, I don't really care if others like the official version or the Director's Cut better, that's on them.  I don't care if you like Doug Pinnick's painful wailing singing on LITS or not, that's on you.  But I don't think it's fair to dismiss either side.  I'm just glad we have both versions to play and compare and enjoy.  I happen to really like the songs that didn't make the cut, and that's happened too many time with too many bands over the years to draw any conclusions from.  It just is.   

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #404 on: March 25, 2022, 11:48:14 AM »
For me, Raise The Knife, Speak To Me, The Way It Used To Be, Cover My Eyes, Where Are You Now are all better than You Not Me, Burning My Soul, Take Away My Pain, and Just Let Me Breathe, and it's not close.  That foursome of songs is the reason that FII was such a huge dropoff from the glory that was I&W and Awake, at the time.

Offline 425

« Reply #405 on: March 25, 2022, 11:52:44 AM »
I think that even if you totally prefer every choice that was made between the FII Demos and final release, this is still an interesting release to have if you're a fan of the band. You get real insight into the process of how this album was made by hearing earlier versions of songs from the album, you get to hear four songs that you can't easily get anywhere else today, and, even if you totally hate FII for some reason, you get the beginning of how SFAM came to be. That's a far cry from the Awake and ToT Demos, which don't deviate too much from versions of the songs that are available elsewhere (aside from being instrumental in the case of ToT, I guess).

They wrote enough material for a double album, but the label said no.  Boo hoo.  It was a completely reasonable thing for the label to do.  Beyond that, "[t]he label didn’t have an influence on the album."  (J. Petrucci).  The song selection was entirely up to the band.  Did they intentionally leave off songs that they thought were better than the songs they included?  I doubt that.  If those rejected songs were so strong, why didn't they save them for a subsequent album, rather than "burning" them on a fan club release?  There's a quote from MP's old FAQ section (which isn't on his website anymore, and I can't find the quote), where he wrote about how they had to decide what the strongest songs were.

I think it's not hard to read between the lines of their comments over the years and see that there was disagreement within the band (and probably within the management) over how to approach this album, and that MP's comments sort of make it seem like "band vs. label" because that's how he felt about it. But even he has said pretty openly that part of his frustration during that period was being on the 2 side of a lot of 3-2 votes within the band (the typically speculation is that it was him and JLB), which tells us right there that not everyone in the band agreed with his take. (And "once again outnumbered" in Raise the Knife was about a management decision, which means that the majority of band members were happy with the manager who took them through the FII period.)

That said: I think the point that they (or at last MP) wanted to do a double album, that the label refused, and that the label may well have had good reason for doing so makes this an interesting artifact of that era in music history. Today, no prog band that is signed to a label is going to have any problem making a double album if they want to, because the economics are different, the goals of the labels are different, and because there are more genre-specific specialty labels. Hell, just last year we had a band, of which MP is a member, release three different versions of the same album, two of them longer than CD length, because the band couldn't agree on which version to use and the label was all too happy to put them all out.

So five songs from an album being left on the floor because of a label decision is just not something that you would see anymore, and it's interesting to think about how that change affects the creative process, for better and maybe for worse (if you think that FII is better as a single album, it's "for worse" at least to the extent that, if FII were made today, it would probably be a double).

Btw, I don't know that I'm arguing for a specific point here, necessarily—just sharing some stray thoughts on this release and the history of FII.
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline EPIC Outro

« Reply #406 on: March 25, 2022, 11:59:24 AM »

I wish DT would rerecord this stuff. Release it digitally. Seems like easy money.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #407 on: March 25, 2022, 12:05:09 PM »

I wish DT would rerecord this stuff. Release it digitally. Seems like easy money.

Why? It’s about to be released digitally in two months. It’s pretty good quality as is. What’s the point of wasting time and re-recording it?
Can't we find the minds

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #408 on: March 25, 2022, 12:16:36 PM »

Why? It’s about to be released digitally in two months. It’s pretty good quality as is. What’s the point of wasting time and re-recording it?

Especially given that 2/5 of the band are new members.  No offense to anyone, but I don't have any desire to hear these songs done in the studio by the current band.  The ONLY songs I ever wanted re-recorded were those that don't have James singing. 

Offline EPIC Outro

« Reply #409 on: March 25, 2022, 12:25:29 PM »

I want as much DT as I can get, both new and old material. Even if they included one re-recorded rarity as a bonus track from time to time on upcoming albums, that would be amazing.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #410 on: March 25, 2022, 12:38:08 PM »
In fact, the only songs I go back to on the FII Demos are usually "Burning My Soul" 96 and "Take Away My Pain" 96, especially the latter. I still wish the band would have pulled that version out for a tour but I don't think they have.
They did the original versions of both songs during the Fix for 96 and Evening of New Music (in 1997) tours and the last of the Ff96 shows was also an official bootleg - you do remember that, don't you Marc?

There's a quote from MP's old FAQ section (which isn't on his website anymore, and I can't find the quote), where he wrote about how they had to decide what the strongest songs were.
Correct. An interesting thing is that originally neither YoM nor AL were going to be on the album either, but when they realized they had the space on the CD, they went ahead and included them. In particular YNM ended up on the album because they had worked with Desmond Child on it (I imagine kinda like a "hail Mary" attempt at getting a hit).

In my opinion, YNM is MUCH better than YOM (and my understanding is that Childs's contribution was only lyrical and that all musical improvements were choices made by JP).
I'd be curious to know where you got that idea - got a link? While DC may not have specifically told JP how to change the song, I would imagine that he did direct JP in what he thought needed to change to make it a hit. The irony of it all is that once JP returned and they recorded the song, they ended up changing the key to (I believe just) the chorus, probably to make it easier for JL to sing.

I think that even if you totally prefer every choice that was made between the FII Demos and final release, this is still an interesting release to have if you're a fan of the band. You get real insight into the process of how this album was made by hearing earlier versions of songs from the album, you get to hear four songs that you can't easily get anywhere else today, and, even if you totally hate FII for some reason, you get the beginning of how SFAM came to be. That's a far cry from the Awake and ToT Demos, which don't deviate too much from versions of the songs that are available elsewhere (aside from being instrumental in the case of ToT, I guess).

I think it's not hard to read between the lines of their comments over the years and see that there was disagreement within the band (and probably within the management) over how to approach this album, and that MP's comments sort of make it seem like "band vs. label" because that's how he felt about it. But even he has said pretty openly that part of his frustration during that period was being on the 2 side of a lot of 3-2 votes within the band (the typically speculation is that it was him and JLB), which tells us right there that not everyone in the band agreed with his take. (And "once again outnumbered" in Raise the Knife was about a management decision, which means that the majority of band members were happy with the manager who took them through the FII period.)

That said: I think the point that they (or at last MP) wanted to do a double album, that the label refused, and that the label may well have had good reason for doing so makes this an interesting artifact of that era in music history. Today, no prog band that is signed to a label is going to have any problem making a double album if they want to, because the economics are different, the goals of the labels are different, and because there are more genre-specific specialty labels. Hell, just last year we had a band, of which MP is a member, release three different versions of the same album, two of them longer than CD length, because the band couldn't agree on which version to use and the label was all too happy to put them all out.

So five songs from an album being left on the floor because of a label decision is just not something that you would see anymore, and it's interesting to think about how that change affects the creative process, for better and maybe for worse (if you think that FII is better as a single album, it's "for worse" at least to the extent that, if FII were made today, it would probably be a double).

Btw, I don't know that I'm arguing for a specific point here, necessarily—just sharing some stray thoughts on this release and the history of FII.
Nice post 425! You bring up a good point about the dynamic between the band members and how strongly each felt about each song that they put together during the FII sessions. Unfortunately, I don't know if we'll ever really know the true answer. Even if each of the guys were to talk about it, perspectives change over time and being 25 years ago, I imagine some memories are also hazy, too. One example would be Derek's feelings about Anna Lee. I don't know how he felt originally about the song, but years later, he's spoken negatively about it and even redone it as an instrumental track that ended up on one of his solo albums. So who's to say the same isn't true for some of the other guys, too?

I do think that in general, most bands (including DT) won't want to put out too much material on an album. Just look at the reaction to The Astonishing. Besides the atypical nature of the music, an issue that always seems to crop is that there's too much material. So I doubt we'll probably see another double studio album from DT again.

With that said, I am a bit disappointed by the mentality that the band has stuck to since SFaM of just writing and recording enough material for an album. From the viewpoint even of the band, and certainly some fans like pg1067, some of the songs that they wrote later were stronger than the ones they wrote earlier. Granted, the label basically forced the band to continue writing material until they felt they had enough that they could get behind. Nonetheless, if that was the case then, why would it be different on any subsequent album? The band has repeatedly said that they never have a shortage of ideas and that there are many that end up on the cutting room floor because they can't find a place for them. In particular now that they have their own studio (and so therefore far less financial pressure to work on an album within a certain period of time), why don't they follow their muse and continue piecing all those ideas into complete songs until they begin to feel tapped out, as opposed to just doing enough to fill a CD? More than likely, some of the later songs would be better/stronger than some of the earlier ones which they could then put on the album. Then the others could be used as B-sides, mid-tour releases, soundtracks, compilations, etc. It just always struck me as a missed opportunity and selling themselves short, especially now with the DTHQ.

Especially given that 2/5 of the band are new members.  No offense to anyone, but I don't have any desire to hear these songs done in the studio by the current band.  The ONLY songs I ever wanted re-recorded were those that don't have James singing. 
I can see both sides, but at the very least, I would like to see them properly remix all the tracks so that their full potential can be realized. They supposedly remixed the Awake demos (why, I don't know) for the LNFA reissue, so I don't think it would be too much to hope for with regards to the FII demos.

Speaking of which, does anyone have both the original Awake demos and the reissue? If so, is there any significant difference between the sound of them?
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #411 on: March 25, 2022, 04:54:03 PM »
In fact, the only songs I go back to on the FII Demos are usually "Burning My Soul" 96 and "Take Away My Pain" 96, especially the latter. I still wish the band would have pulled that version out for a tour but I don't think they have.
They did the original versions of both songs during the Fix for 96 and Evening of New Music (in 1997) tours and the last of the Ff96 shows was also an official bootleg - you do remember that, don't you Marc?

Oh I remember, I more or less meant SINCE the 90s, as in, bringing them *back* out for a later tour, like they've done with, I think, "Burning My Soul '96" and "Lines In The Sand '96", though I can't recall which tour(s) they did those versions of those songs.

-Marc.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #412 on: March 25, 2022, 05:33:47 PM »
I have no problem with the final product. I’ve loved it since first listen all those years ago. On top of that, I love Once in a Livetime as well, but that’s for another time.

I don’t care for any of the demo versions of the album tracks (besides Take Away My Pain, I love both) it’s the extra songs that make this so desirable for me. I never owned the YtseJam Bootleg but I had all of these tracks on various bootlegs and fan club CDs. All of CDs got dumped in a shitty divorce 10 years ago. Needless to say, I’m really loving these LNF Archives releases.
Can't we find the minds

Offline Weymolith

• THIS IS NOT HERE
  • Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #413 on: March 25, 2022, 08:22:08 PM »
No brainer for me. Raise The Knife is my favorite DT song.
As a general rule, never play with boxes that open portals to Hell.

Offline Deadeye21

« Reply #414 on: March 25, 2022, 08:45:40 PM »

Oh I remember, I more or less meant SINCE the 90s, as in, bringing them *back* out for a later tour, like they've done with, I think, "Burning My Soul '96" and "Lines In The Sand '96", though I can't recall which tour(s) they did those versions of those songs.

-Marc.

World Tourbulence.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #415 on: March 25, 2022, 09:22:09 PM »
Anyone who knows me knows I do not like to stir the pot, at all. That is as true in real life as it is on this forum. But... I cannot resist stirring the "FII rejects" pot.

Yeah, I get that reaction, but no.  It's essentially the "Director's Cut" of the album...

Pushing back... who is the "Director" of FII? Mike has made his feelings known about what FII should have been, but as illustrated in subsequent posts, he is 1/5 apparently equal parts. If the 5 of them got together, in 1997 or 2022, and said "this is our final vision for what FII should have been" I could get behind the notion of a "Director's Cut" but to my knowledge, only Mike has spoken in detail on this. Happy to be corrected if necessary.

For me, Raise The Knife, Speak To Me, The Way It Used To Be, Cover My Eyes, Where Are You Now are all better than You Not Me, Burning My Soul, Take Away My Pain, and Just Let Me Breathe, and it's not close.  That foursome of songs is the reason that FII was such a huge dropoff from the glory that was I&W and Awake, at the time.

Agree on the first part, but not that it isn't close. That 4 for 4 swap makes FII better, but not significantly. But hindsight 20/20 and all that. I wonder if we could time machine this forum back to 1997, post all the material online, with no album context, and have a poll where all those songs ranked, how it would shake out. Bottom line for me, that material would have been a huge dropoff coming off I&W and Awake, regardless of how DT4 ended up.

On topic, I do appreciate the band releasing this material. I have no interest in it, but others are excited for it, and the more excitement for the band and their releases, the better.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #416 on: March 25, 2022, 09:32:58 PM »

-Marc.

World Tourbulence.

Thank you! I wanted to say it was the 2002 tour, but I wasn't entirely sure. I didn't think it was the 03/04 Train Of Thought tour, and definitely not the 05/06 Octavarium Tour. And speaking of the World Tourbulence tour, it would be neat to see the band release a CD set of a show from that tour considering it was the only major tour they never released an audio CD show from the 00s (up to the BC&SL Tour).

-Marc.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #417 on: March 25, 2022, 09:50:30 PM »
World Tourbulence.
Thank you! I wanted to say it was the 2002 tour, but I wasn't entirely sure. I didn't think it was the 03/04 Train Of Thought tour, and definitely not the 05/06 Octavarium Tour. And speaking of the World Tourbulence tour, it would be neat to see the band release a CD set of a show from that tour considering it was the only major tour they never released an audio CD show from the 00s (up to the BC&SL Tour).
Yeah, those were played during World Tourbulence, one of my favorite tours. When they brought back LitS for the Chaos in Motion tour, they did include the final verse that's only on the demo, but otherwise it was pretty much like the album version. When it comes to TAMP, they only played it on Touring Into Infinity. The interesting thing is, during that tour (and by that, I'm not including the fan club show or the 98 holiday shows), they did a kind of hybrid version that was half demo version and half album version.

Regarding them releasing a show from World Tourbulence, it's always possible, but at least the Bucharest show was released by YJR on video, so you can rip the audio from that until they do release a show.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #418 on: March 25, 2022, 10:26:01 PM »
Regarding them releasing a show from World Tourbulence, it's always possible, but at least the Bucharest show was released by YJR on video, so you can rip the audio from that until they do release a show.

Judging by how they treated the WDADR re-release, I think they're going to do a just-audio release for both the Bucharest and Santiago shows, so I'd say it's a matter of when, not if :metal
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline 425

« Reply #419 on: March 26, 2022, 12:00:27 AM »
I'm not counting on that. WDADR was released as both audio and video on YtseJam, while Bucharest and Santiago were video-only. Right now I'm just hoping we really do get those video releases, seeing as LNF has been audio-only thus far.
And if spirit's a sign,