Author Topic: "Official" Lost Not Forgotten (official bootlegs) thread  (Read 117764 times)

Offline gzarruk

Re: "Official" Lost Not Forgotten (official bootlegs) thread
« Reply #315 on: February 18, 2022, 07:21:04 PM »
Scarred has really gotten the short end of the stick in live releases. OILT was the first live release of Scarred, and then MP skipped it on LSFNY, Budokan and Score because it had that release, but it wasn't even the full song. Finally we get the full song on CiM, but it's... not exactly the best JLB performance. Thinking about it that way, BTFW is practically worth the price of admission for Scarred alone.
Well, there is also the official bootleg of the Bucharest 2002 show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUvvpCeNcmk

I'm hoping they re-release that show soon through the LNFA. The setlist is excellent :metal
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline 425

« Reply #316 on: February 18, 2022, 07:36:07 PM »
This exactly. I've wanted the Bucharest show since shortly after I got into DT, but it was already sold out on YtseJam by then.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline evilasiojr

« Reply #317 on: February 21, 2022, 06:56:45 AM »
https://www.lasercd.com/cd/lnf-and-beyond-live-japan-2017-cd-preorder

It seems like the first set of the 2017 Budokan show is going out as a LNF release. Not sure if ACoS is on the set too or not.

Update: sorry guys, didn't see it had been posted already. But it seems like a real waste not to release ACoS.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 11:34:21 AM by evilasiojr »

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #318 on: February 21, 2022, 05:06:48 PM »
I'm pretty sure if they cut the show intro (I think there was one) and the bass solo, the first set + ACOS could fit perfectly in one disc. I don't know if it's a matter of the rights of the recordings or anything else, if not... it really doesn't make sense.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 05:12:10 PM by devieira73 »
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #319 on: February 24, 2022, 12:06:29 PM »
DT collectors! There have been some very exciting releases recently as part of our ongoing "Lost Not Forgotten Archives" reissue campaign. We are pleased to announce the latest entry, "...And Beyond Live in Japan 2017", recorded at the historic Budokan in Tokyo on our Images, Words & Beyond tour.

Previously released as a Japan-exclusive television broadcast, and subsequently as a live streaming event, this recording from our modern era will be available for the first time on various formats, including vinyl, CD and digital/streaming on April 8, 2022.

Check out all of the "Lost Not Forgotten Archives" releases at https://dreamtheater.net/lnfa

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #320 on: March 03, 2022, 06:39:11 AM »
WTF ??? I preordered the LNF MAJESTY DEMOS from Century Media on Nov 26 , 2021. Still haven’t received it and although it says my order is ‘in progress” the estimated shipping date is now 12/25/2025 ….!!!
My parents are in the Iron and Steel business.
My Mother irons and my Father steals.
There are more horse’s asses in the world, than there are horses.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #321 on: March 03, 2022, 08:39:44 AM »
WTF ??? I preordered the LNF MAJESTY DEMOS from Century Media on Nov 26 , 2021. Still haven’t received it and although it says my order is ‘in progress” the estimated shipping date is now 12/25/2025 ….!!!

That's pretty upsetting that Century Media is already scheduling their employees to work on Christmas day four years from now.  :-\

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #322 on: March 03, 2022, 09:15:45 AM »

It's probably just a placeholder date for "we don't actually know when we're going to receive them."  My amazon order for the same release was also delayed, so I'm assuming a production or transportation delay.

Offline 425

« Reply #323 on: March 03, 2022, 10:23:42 AM »
Yes, I'm also waiting on my Amazon order of The Majesty Demos, with no ship date provided.
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline 425

« Reply #324 on: March 04, 2022, 09:35:21 AM »
And one day later, I've just gotten a notice from Amazon that it shipped. So hopefully y'all's should arrive soon, too.
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #325 on: March 04, 2022, 10:13:59 AM »
And one day later, I've just gotten a notice from Amazon that it shipped. So hopefully y'all's should arrive soon, too.

Indeed, mine is now expected to arrive tomorrow.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #326 on: March 04, 2022, 10:37:33 AM »
Yeah, they updated mine to today. I saw the vinyl version at the record store almost a month ago. I've been so confused.  :lol
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #327 on: March 06, 2022, 02:00:47 PM »
It’s cool that they’re putting these out , but seems like the distribution isn’t working out too well … I have more still on preorder than the ones that I actually have in my possession and they’re still shooting these things out every month or so it seems …

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #328 on: March 06, 2022, 03:44:01 PM »
Just out of curiosity, have any of you guys tried ordering from lasercd.com? They stay pretty much on top of their orders, and they're worth checking out, unless maybe you're trying to get some sort of specific colored vinyl variant.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #329 on: March 06, 2022, 03:47:39 PM »
unless maybe you're trying to get some sort of specific colored vinyl variant.

Not directing this at you Scotty, but what's the deal with colored vinyl? Why would I f'n care about that? Aw neat, it's blue. cool. OK, let's play it..

How come they don't have colored CDs?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline HOF

« Reply #330 on: March 06, 2022, 03:50:49 PM »
Just out of curiosity, have any of you guys tried ordering from lasercd.com? They stay pretty much on top of their orders, and they're worth checking out, unless maybe you're trying to get some sort of specific colored vinyl variant.

Been using them for years and they do a great job!

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #331 on: March 07, 2022, 04:10:30 AM »
unless maybe you're trying to get some sort of specific colored vinyl variant.

Not directing this at you Scotty, but what's the deal with colored vinyl? Why would I f'n care about that? Aw neat, it's blue. cool. OK, let's play it..

How come they don't have colored CDs?

I find it visually pleasing. When I play a vinyl, it is very visibly in sight in the middle of the room and colored vinyls offer a nice contrast with my black setup. And in some cases it is the extension of the packages artwork. And I have frames to display them.

Example picture (not mine, just the first hit on google image as an example):

Also, the vast majority of CD's have prints on them. I rarely see a disc that is entirely silver (yes, the part that contains the data obviously, but not the part you see when it is sitting in a case or player).

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #332 on: March 07, 2022, 05:59:51 AM »
That's pretty cool that the one picture you found has a picture of our own Millahh in it.  ;) :) :) :)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #333 on: March 07, 2022, 06:17:43 AM »
That's pretty cool that the one picture you found has a picture of our own Millahh in it.  ;) :) :) :)
:tup
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #334 on: March 08, 2022, 09:54:04 AM »
Just got an email from Century Media that my LNFA Majesty Demos vinyl is now pushed back to 8/19/22 …F’n Ridiculous!

Offline Weymolith

• THIS IS NOT HERE
  • Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #335 on: March 08, 2022, 12:22:19 PM »
Just got an email from Century Media that my LNFA Majesty Demos vinyl is now pushed back to 8/19/22 …F’n Ridiculous!

Odd.. They must be having to doing another pressing, because I've already got mine.
As a general rule, never play with boxes that open portals to Hell.

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #336 on: March 08, 2022, 01:30:43 PM »
Hey Wey ,
Great to hear from ya !
I preordered it on 11/26 21 , and apparently there are no refunds on preorders , or I’d get my money back and order it from somewhere else ….so we wait .

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #337 on: March 08, 2022, 01:53:32 PM »

I try to order from lasercd whenever possible.

Online The Letter M

« Reply #338 on: March 08, 2022, 04:19:29 PM »

I try to order from lasercd whenever possible.

Same. I used to order a LOT from BurningShed, especially if their releases came with signed postcards, but lasercd has been my go-to for several years now for their low prices and cheap shipping. I got my Star One Revel In Time artbook from them and saved a TON of money by not ordering directly from Arjen's store because the shipping was ridiculous, but I did miss out on him signing the artbook (though I've gotten his signature on several other albums). But yeah, back to lasercd, I would definitely recommend them, especially if you live in the US. Never had any issues with them, and so I'd say go with them over Century Media, who I see gets more complaints from people here more and more often.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #339 on: March 08, 2022, 06:11:17 PM »
Thanks Marc !
I did preorder some of the newer releases from Laser CD, but like I said earlier can’t get refunds on preorders so the ones I already ordered from Century Media I just have to wait for …

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #340 on: March 09, 2022, 02:54:08 AM »

It seems like the first set of the 2017 Budokan show is going out as a LNF release. Not sure if ACoS is on the set too or not.

Update: sorry guys, didn't see it had been posted already. But it seems like a real waste not to release ACoS.

Presumably it's so they can release it as a future volume.
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline 425

« Reply #341 on: March 09, 2022, 02:15:34 PM »
I finally got my copy of the The Majesty Demos which means that, after being into the band for nearly ten years, I've finally listened to their most renowned trilogy of songs: "John Thinks He's Randy Song," "Mike Thinks He's Dee Dee Ramone Introducing a Song Song," and "John Thinks He's Yngwie Song." And I have to say, they are like nothing I could have imagined. For one thing, the way that the titles are deftly weaved into the lyrics is just astounding.
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline Deadeye21

• 30 years say we’re in this together
« Reply #342 on: March 09, 2022, 05:56:42 PM »

What could they possibly be saving it for though? I can’t see a good point in that.

Unless, maybe they had a recording of DLPM and TLF on the second leg of the I&W tour, plus some uncovered recordings of some of the FII demos from over the years and we’ve got the “unreleased live” album coming up?
Let's go with a P for Deadeye has premature alphabetejaculation.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #343 on: March 09, 2022, 09:22:45 PM »

What could they possibly be saving it for though? I can’t see a good point in that.

Unless, maybe they had a recording of DLPM and TLF on the second leg of the I&W tour, plus some uncovered recordings of some of the FII demos from over the years and we’ve got the “unreleased live” album coming up?

I'd be down for that. They also had a couple other Astonishing songs and Spirit Carries On at different shows. Compile all those with ACoS and that would be a cool release.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #344 on: March 10, 2022, 09:25:55 AM »
Given that we already have an official, complete, incredible live version of ACOS, pairing it with a bunch of reject songs would seem like a huge disincentive to buying.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline EPIC Outro

« Reply #345 on: March 11, 2022, 04:21:58 AM »
If you are referring to the Live Scenes From New York version of ACOS, I personally disagree - that section from The Simpsons just ruins it.

And calling those other tunes 'reject' songs boggles my mind. The Spirit Carries On is a reject song? Come on.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #346 on: March 11, 2022, 06:58:49 AM »
And TLF is in my top 10 DT songs, so for me, THAT'S not a reject song either.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #347 on: March 11, 2022, 07:12:02 AM »
If you are referring to the Live Scenes From New York version of ACOS, I personally disagree - that section from The Simpsons just ruins it.

Not a fan of the Simpsons section either.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #348 on: March 11, 2022, 08:53:37 AM »

Or that baseball theme.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #349 on: March 11, 2022, 10:00:59 AM »

Or that baseball theme.

Yup. Totally unnecessary.