Author Topic: "Official" Lost Not Forgotten (official bootlegs) thread  (Read 115264 times)

Offline Setlist Scotty

Re: "Official" Lost Not Forgotten (official bootlegs) thread
« Reply #140 on: October 01, 2021, 02:34:45 PM »
Following the kaleidoscope pattern, but this new cover is very cool!
But... no DVD?
True - definitely better than most of the other ones. That said, I personally miss the original cover. Had a lot of fun photographing the cake and getting it to fit into the original album cover.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #141 on: October 01, 2021, 04:43:30 PM »
Does anyone know which retailer has the purple vinyl? I’ve only seen red and black so far

Where I'll buy vinyls from (Large in Netherlands) they sell black, red and blue versions. I'll go for the red, since my original When Dream and Day Unite is red as well.

You can get a blue one and a red one and melt them together for purple.   ;)

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #142 on: October 01, 2021, 05:59:06 PM »
But... no DVD?
True - definitely better than most of the other ones. That said, I personally miss the original cover. Had a lot of fun photographing the cake and getting it to fit into the original album cover.
Did you make that one? I didn' remember! Indeed it was a really nice (and fun) cover, great work!
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #143 on: October 01, 2021, 09:37:18 PM »
The WDaDR version of Metropolis might be a good watch, but it is the last version I am going to seek out to listen to.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #144 on: October 04, 2021, 02:53:01 PM »
But... no DVD?
Did you make that one? I didn' remember! Indeed it was a really nice (and fun) cover, great work!
I did - thanks for the compliment. Was a lot of fun. Actually bought 2 cakes on separate occasions - one for a test run and then a second one for the photoshoot. Ironically we mostly used the images from the test run for the final image and added the Happy Anniversary type from the second one, as well meh frosting Majesty symbol we did since the bakery botched the Majesty symbol on the second cake. And then we got to enjoy both cakes after each shoot!   :biggrin:
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #145 on: October 04, 2021, 03:42:58 PM »
Cool story! I can only imagine people on the bakery finding the request to do the majesty symbol in the cake a bit weird... what the hell is this?!?! :D :D
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #146 on: October 05, 2021, 10:03:04 AM »
Searched all over and still can’t find where to preorder the purple variant ….
My parents are in the Iron and Steel business.
My Mother irons and my Father steals.
There are more horse’s asses in the world, than there are horses.

Offline Wim Kruithof

• Official Guardian of The Shattered Fortress
« Reply #147 on: October 07, 2021, 02:06:25 PM »
Bought Images & Words, Dramatic Tour of Events and Master of Puppets as soon as the vinyls came out. But the Train of Thought demos still didn’t make it under the needle. Till today, when I gave the new delivered vinyl a good spin.

Can’t follow why they twist the tracklist, does anyone know? I’m glad I bought the demos, good to hear the specific bassline more clear of one of my most beloved studioalbums…
Wim pointed out something I don't see mentioned very often...

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #148 on: October 07, 2021, 02:23:13 PM »
The tracklist order is different because that's the order in which the songs were written :tup
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Wim Kruithof

« Reply #149 on: October 07, 2021, 02:24:48 PM »
The tracklist order is different because that's the order in which the songs were written :tup

I see, of course it is, thanks!

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #150 on: October 07, 2021, 08:27:08 PM »

I see, of course it is, thanks!

Which would be apparent if the band had ANY sort of liner notes for these releases like they/MP had for the original Ytsejam Records releases.  :facepalm:

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #151 on: October 29, 2021, 12:28:56 PM »
Given all the discussion of the new album, discussion in this thread has understandably dropped off quite a bit.  Just wanted to pop in to say that, after listening to my newly-acquired "A Dramatic Tour of Events," I was reminded how good this release is.  I never burned it to CD or transferred it to my phone, so despite having downloaded it back when the band provided it for free, I haven't listened to it in years.  I'm glad they put it out for purchase on physical media.  This is a GREAT collection, and along with LALP, provides such comprehensive coverage of that tour.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #152 on: October 29, 2021, 12:46:34 PM »
Given all the discussion of the new album, discussion in this thread has understandably dropped off quite a bit.  Just wanted to pop in to say that, after listening to my newly-acquired "A Dramatic Tour of Events," I was reminded how good this release is.  I never burned it to CD or transferred it to my phone, so despite having downloaded it back when the band provided it for free, I haven't listened to it in years.  I'm glad they put it out for purchase on physical media.  This is a GREAT collection, and along with LALP, provides such comprehensive coverage of that tour.

I agree with that, 100%.  Solid.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #153 on: October 29, 2021, 12:50:34 PM »
Yeah, that is a great release. I did burn a CD and it's on my iPod.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #154 on: October 29, 2021, 12:58:08 PM »
I'm hoping they do something like that for the rest of the songs they've played live between 2015-2017 (excluding TA)* but haven't been released yet.

*Like I said in the other thread I'm quite positive they'll release The Astonishing live through LNFA at some point soon.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Wim Kruithof

« Reply #155 on: October 30, 2021, 07:01:53 AM »
Totally agree Bosk. It's special to me 'cause its their only live registration of the Count as far as I know and the lullaby Petrucci weaved in is absolutely beautiful. Also Forsaken is special. It is their most valuable LNFA to me, but I do really am looking forward to WDaDR.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #156 on: October 30, 2021, 09:41:08 PM »
I recall downloading this but guess I purged it, I cannot find it in my files.

I am lukewarm on Count of Tuscany but really enjoyed seeing it live. 

Found it on my hard drive, never transferred it to my music player. And now I remember why. The best songs on this are featured on other (and better) releases. The worst songs I do not need live versions of.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 06:48:43 PM by Cool Chris »
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline MarceloMalulo

« Reply #157 on: November 06, 2021, 01:00:49 PM »
Is there anyone talented enough to put the Train Of Thought vocals over the Demo tracks?

If there is I'll give them half a dozen dollars.
Is there anyone talented enough to put the Train Of Thought vocals over the Demo tracks?

Here is it, As I Am Instrumental Demo with Vocals:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r489LxOCf68&ab_channel=MarceloNanjari

Note: I'll be uploading more of these in the next days.
This is awesome! Thank you.

Edit: Apparently I'm still figuring out how to use the quote function. Anyway, let me repeat, thank you!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 02:01:14 PM by MarceloMalulo »

Offline cminor

« Reply #158 on: November 06, 2021, 01:39:22 PM »
I made these ones, hope you like it:
As I Am: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r489LxOCf68
This Dying Soul: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du7UMIJwMIg
Endless Sacrifice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BfKFqDOPsw
Honor Thy Father: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enDPhyn23PM
Vacant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jmUOhXZGdY

Next? Probably Metallica's Master of Puppets with James LaBrie's vocals...!

That sounded interesting, so I just listened to Vacant. Why are the vocals completely out of sync? Is that intentional?

Offline MarceloMalulo

« Reply #159 on: November 06, 2021, 01:56:26 PM »
I made these ones, hope you like it:
As I Am: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r489LxOCf68
This Dying Soul: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du7UMIJwMIg
Endless Sacrifice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BfKFqDOPsw
Honor Thy Father: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enDPhyn23PM
Vacant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jmUOhXZGdY

Next? Probably Metallica's Master of Puppets with James LaBrie's vocals...!

That sounded interesting, so I just listened to Vacant. Why are the vocals completely out of sync? Is that intentional?

Sorry, I just noticed that the files that I uploaded have a delay in the vocals. I'm going to edit them all again.

Offline Wim Kruithof

« Reply #161 on: November 21, 2021, 03:49:09 AM »
Nice, looking forward to those...

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #162 on: December 03, 2021, 12:16:53 PM »
With all the talk about click tracks and live improvs... let's not forget WDADR was re-released today! :metal

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #163 on: December 03, 2021, 12:55:44 PM »
As a general comment, not sure why it's only happening now (perhaps the JP/MP reunion helped smooth things over), but I love how quickly they're being released and that they're on the various streaming services.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #164 on: December 03, 2021, 04:37:27 PM »
As a general comment, not sure why it's only happening now (perhaps the JP/MP reunion helped smooth things over), but I love how quickly they're being released and that they're on the various streaming services.

Or, it could be a rights issue. Perhaps MP's share in holding those releases has expired, allowing the band/JP to re-release them. It has been over 10 years since Mike left the band, so maybe there was a clause or something legal that held them from re-issuing those YtseJam Records albums for another decade or so after Mike left.

Either way, it's cool that fans who weren't fans back then are now getting a chance to get some of these cool releases, one month at a time, which is a bit easier than their original 3-4 at a time every few months, though I wish we could get some NEW stuff from them as well. I haven't read any reviews of folks comparing the originals to the new ones so I don't think the "remastered" versions are worth getting so far. I'm fairly happy with the original YJR releases I own.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #165 on: December 03, 2021, 04:59:54 PM »
MP benefits from these re-releases too anyway, since he was also part of them, so he gets royalties.

And also count me in with those wanting some new stuff, specially considering I don't care for about half of the originally released Ytse Jam records titles, but it's nice to finally have this active again :tup

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #166 on: December 03, 2021, 06:08:43 PM »
Either way, it's cool that fans who weren't fans back then are now getting a chance to get some of these cool releases, one month at a time,

Great point. It lets new fans acquaint themselves with the lore
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2021, 06:46:41 PM »
I was able to find the original releases of Making of Scenes, NOTB and DSOTM in the wild, and almost bought the re-release of MOP the other day along with the new album. I still plan to. Are there any notable differences in these or just louder due to being remastered?

Offline Trav86

« Reply #168 on: December 04, 2021, 03:06:34 PM »
I just got the CD for When Dream and Day ReUnite. I had the original DVD back in the day, so I figured I’d get the remastered CD. It’s funny that instead of using pics from that show, they have some from the Octavarium tour lol. I guess someone forgot what tour they were on in 2004. Oh well.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 07:45:24 AM by Trav86 »
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #169 on: December 04, 2021, 04:25:10 PM »
I saw a couple videos on my YouTube feed of WDaDU songs from LA in 2004, and was thinking "What the heck are these doing on my feed today?" It was lost on me this was the ReUnite show and I didn't know about the LNF release.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #170 on: December 04, 2021, 04:27:10 PM »
I just got the CD for When Dream and Day ReUnite. I had the original DVD back in the day, so I figured I’d get the remastered CD. It’s funny that instead of using pics from that show, they have some from the Octavarium tour lol. I guess someone forgot what four they were on in 2004. Oh well.

See, to me, this is shameful. Does anyone in the band give a shit?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #171 on: December 18, 2021, 07:49:13 PM »
I just got the CD for When Dream and Day ReUnite. I had the original DVD back in the day, so I figured I’d get the remastered CD. It’s funny that instead of using pics from that show, they have some from the Octavarium tour lol. I guess someone forgot what four they were on in 2004. Oh well.

See, to me, this is shameful. Does anyone in the band give a shit?

At this point they're outsourcing. Should have outsourced it to Mike.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #172 on: December 22, 2021, 08:34:33 AM »
SOmeone already asked this, but I don't see an answer; has anyone A/B'd these re-releases yet?  I have a complete set of the Ytsejam releases, and I have no real desire to re-buy them.  If it's just a remaster and so the new ones are a little louder, pass (and that's not being critical; I would be thrilled if I DIDN'T have them that they are available again). 

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #173 on: December 22, 2021, 09:20:56 AM »
SOmeone already asked this, but I don't see an answer; has anyone A/B'd these re-releases yet?  I have a complete set of the Ytsejam releases, and I have no real desire to re-buy them.  If it's just a remaster and so the new ones are a little louder, pass (and that's not being critical; I would be thrilled if I DIDN'T have them that they are available again).

I haven't A/B'd them, but I don't think there's a huge or too noticeable difference bewtween both versions besides the new ones maybe being a little louder. If you alredy own the originals, I wouldn't necessarily recommend getting the new ones. The new versions, however, are available for digital streaming, which is a huge thing for newer fans and those migh as well give some revenue to the band, which is always a good thing.

What I noticed, though, and I don't think I've seen discussed here, is that they altered the tracklist from the original Happy Holidays release for the LNF release. They switched LTL and TCOT in the track order.

Offline Wim Kruithof

« Reply #174 on: December 26, 2021, 08:43:18 AM »
I was thinking, how cool it would be if they bring a box on the market to store them nicely. I’ll spend a lot of money on all the vinyls of this Archives, but the truth is, their covers look pretty darn bad. A nice storebox would ease my pain a little.