Author Topic: "Official" Lost Not Forgotten (official bootlegs) thread  (Read 117363 times)

Offline Architeuthis

Re: "Official" Lost Not Forgotten (official bootlegs) thread
« Reply #1365 on: May 29, 2023, 09:28:55 PM »
I like TA reasonably well, and there is zero chance I would ever buy a live recording of it in any fashion.
Well that's not very cool,,, Chris!  😁
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #1366 on: June 18, 2023, 03:45:10 PM »
I'd love a LNF version of The Astonishing, audio or video. If not for any reason other than getting the proper outro to A New Beginning. 

I Loved TA, and it really blows that we didn't a get DVD of that tour considering some of the other shows they recorded in the years prior. It's an extra kick in the nuts given how few fan videos there are of that tour (no camera policy). I could have sworn when I saw that show in CT there was a tri-pod mounted camera in the sound booth fixed on the stage. I'd be happy with just that footage.

Sign me up for anything they would make available on this tour. Audio, video....whatever. There has to be a least one soundboard somewhere.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #1367 on: June 18, 2023, 03:49:18 PM »
A live video of TA is about the only thing I'm interested in from the LNF archives. Even if it's audience shot footage.
It seems that the band and management have completely moved on from TA, so it will probably never happen. It's almost like the equivalent of trying to find the Ark of the Covenant.  It's either heavily guarded or has just vanished off the scene.  🤔

I jokingly refer to this tour as the Caress of Steel Tour. It's almost like they intentionally wanted it to be that way even if they didn't totally succeed due to a small band of fans.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1368 on: June 28, 2023, 03:33:31 PM »
...Are these still forgotten?  ??? :-\
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #1369 on: June 29, 2023, 06:58:01 PM »
Ok I changed my mind.  I would buy this if it became available on LNF Archives.  Entire DT show 2022 multi-cam  in Chile. Great show at a beautiful venue. James sounds great and the band is really feeding off the large crowd!
https://youtu.be/GPuqgr9411Y
 :metal

I like how the crowd is singing along to the lead guitar in The Alien.  Then the annoying guy singing along to the whole song.  :lol 
The show gets better after that.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 07:18:36 PM by Architeuthis »
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1370 on: June 29, 2023, 07:02:37 PM »
Ok I changed my mind.  I would buy this if it became available on LNF Archives.  Entire DT show 2022 multi-cam  in Chile. Great show at a beautiful venue. James sounds great and the band is really feeding off the large crowd!

The same cannot be said for the guy filming it. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #1371 on: June 29, 2023, 07:20:49 PM »
Oh gosh completely!  :lol
The concert improves immensely after the first song..  Gotta love their spirit in South America.  I wish people in North America could appreciate DT like these guys do.   :coolio

Offline JeopardousRaven

« Reply #1372 on: June 29, 2023, 09:17:01 PM »

I like how the crowd is singing along to the lead guitar in The Alien.  Then the annoying guy singing along to the whole song.  :lol 

Labrie looks dope in that jacket. Awesome setlist as well, I think I slightly prefer the set from the 2022 shows vs the 2023 ones. I'd also enjoy a Happy Holidays-type release where it's just a compilation of every song from the tour as opposed to one single show.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1373 on: June 30, 2023, 05:58:02 AM »
September 10, my birthday.  That sounds good.  A little far, though (I couldn't tell if the jacket was dope or not! Haha!).

Offline MarceloMalulo

« Reply #1374 on: July 03, 2023, 04:27:07 PM »

This one HAS TO BE on the LNFA. I have heard this is one of the best sounding concerts of DT here in Chile.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #1375 on: July 03, 2023, 08:17:21 PM »
Agreed!  I watched this on my big screen TV by mirroring my phone through it. The quality gets lost by screen mirroring,  so I would much rather have a dvd/bluray of this show!

Offline jimgolf

« Reply #1376 on: July 19, 2023, 11:40:59 PM »
I really would love to see a bluray release or HD streaming release(4k maybe? :corn) of the Score show. It's so overdue for the HD treatment and my DVD copy of score is almost a score old(see what I did there  ;D ). Plus, I would really like to see a rerelease of the Bucharest Show 2002 because it is my personal favorite DT show. Amazing setlist, amazing performance, it just has this magical energy to it. If there was a way they could release a bluray/dvd or maybe try to upscale it and clean up the audio it would be amazing. Heck, I would even settle for just releasing the audio to the show(but it would be a shame to miss out on the live performance because the band really gave a great performance that night).

As much as I love what they are doing with the Lost Not Forgotten, I really think most fans would be more psyched if they were unreleased performances (maybe from 2003-2007 when they rotated setlists and did a lot of random stuff and James sounded great). Plus, now that the band and Mike are on good terms, I would love to see the last performance of the band and him released which was shot at the Japanese Sonic Festival(forgive me if i forgot the exact name). They only released 2 songs, but I understand they filmed the entire show. What a great peace of DT treasure that performance would be.

I know it may be out of the question, but it would be cool if the next show they filmed was released in 4k/Dolby Vision/HDR/Atmos.  Or if they would go back and rerelease the blurays in 4k in physical and on streaming services. I think people would definitely buy them(I certainly would  :lol).

I don't mean for this to come across as complaining because I am very grateful for what the band has released and that the band has decided to continue with it. I just think theres a lot of cool stuff they could release that fan's would be really psyched to see and open their wallets for.  Mike has so much in his collection and I'd love to see some of those show recordings see the light of day...... pretty please  :hefdaddy

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1377 on: July 20, 2023, 08:36:01 AM »
I don't think they're planning any video (re)releases anytime soon from the LNFA, as some of the stuff that's already out has pro-shot footage (WDADR, Budokan 2017, Wacken 2015, etc.) and none of them have been offered in video formats. It seems they're mostly focusing on promoting vinyl, rather than this.

As for new stuff from the Portnoy archives, MP himself said that the MSG show was the first of several new titles he contributed, so those are coming... at some point. Now the question is when, since the last release was in May and they haven't announced anything new in months. I'm hoping that after DreamSonic ends, they'll resume production for this, as there are several titles from the original run they haven't rereleased yet (some of which are not too interesting anyway) and I imagine we won't be getting a bulk of new stuff until they finish with the originals first.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline JeopardousRaven

« Reply #1378 on: July 20, 2023, 07:22:16 PM »
I'm hoping we'll get the next release announced in August. Bucharest 2002 is #1 on my wishlist, it's probably my favorite single setlist from any official live release. In terms of new releases, I'd enjoy something from the BC&SL, Astonishing, or AVFTTOTW tours as these are the only ones without an official release. A full show from the Chaos in Motion tour would also be appreciated, especially one with Misunderstood and Never Enough on it.

It's probably a long shot but I still want a full show from the 2015 festival tour they did. The Wacken release is OK but it's missing Caught in a Web, ACOS II, About to Crash, Wither, and Behind the Veil. Plus LaBrie isn't in top form on Wacken.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1379 on: August 10, 2023, 07:04:47 AM »

Offline Trav86

« Reply #1380 on: August 10, 2023, 07:17:14 AM »
I guess they’re not including the disc of David Bottrill mixes with it like they did on the YtseJam release?
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1381 on: August 10, 2023, 07:52:13 AM »
I guess they’re not including the disc of David Bottrill mixes with it like they did on the YtseJam release?

Apparently not. Hopefully they make it a separate release, but here we are still waiting for ACOS from Budokan and BTV from Wacken :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1382 on: August 10, 2023, 09:10:47 AM »

Apparently not. Hopefully they make it a separate release

Yeah...some of those alternate mixes are better than what ended up on the album.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1383 on: August 10, 2023, 10:04:30 AM »

Apparently not. Hopefully they make it a separate release

Yeah...some of those alternate mixes are better than what ended up on the album.

The version of SFAM I've listened to for over a decade now has been mostly the Botrill mixes with some ideas borrowed from the final album, like the closing scene with the driving home part. I also mixed the opening scene to crossfire into Regression and it turned out really nice.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1384 on: August 10, 2023, 10:23:03 AM »
Never cared much about the alternate mixes, but now I'm really curious about them. Hoping these are released at some point, but like I said in my previous post, we still haven't got those missing tracks from already existing LNFA titles, so I'm not holding my breath on these :P

About editing my own version of some albums though, just like Marc, I really enjoy doing that. One clear example being Transatlantic's The Absolute Universe and making my own "Ultimate Edition" with my limited audio editing skills :lol

Offline Bluefish

« Reply #1385 on: August 10, 2023, 01:52:49 PM »

I'd like that as well.

Labrie looks dope in that jacket. Awesome setlist as well, I think I slightly prefer the set from the 2022 shows vs the 2023 ones. I'd also enjoy a Happy Holidays-type release where it's just a compilation of every song from the tour as opposed to one single show.

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #1386 on: August 10, 2023, 02:40:13 PM »
The SFAM alternate mixes are really cool to hear, since they have a bit more clarity of each instrument, but I think the Shirley mixes are better, because they are warmer and make you feel there's more connection between the instruments.
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline JeopardousRaven

« Reply #1387 on: August 10, 2023, 03:00:20 PM »
A disappointment but at least now we know it's not the Lost AND Forgotten series. Keeping my fingers crossed for Bucharest 2002 and Santiago 2005.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1388 on: August 10, 2023, 03:20:27 PM »
A disappointment but at least now we know it's not the Lost AND Forgotten series. Keeping my fingers crossed for Bucharest 2002 and Santiago 2005.

This! Those two are my most anticipated of the series, besides newer stuff they have planned as well.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1389 on: August 10, 2023, 03:42:08 PM »

Totally agree on Bucharest 2002!

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #1390 on: August 10, 2023, 04:06:17 PM »
Bucharest 2002 :hefdaddy
With the bonus songs :tup :tup
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #1391 on: August 12, 2023, 10:00:33 AM »
Just preordered the LNF Scenes sessions on Gold vinyl …
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 11:12:37 AM by TheRich13 »
My parents are in the Iron and Steel business.
My Mother irons and my Father steals.
There are more horse’s asses in the world, than there are horses.

Offline Fonzie

« Reply #1392 on: August 15, 2023, 10:49:50 AM »
It’s a slog

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1393 on: August 15, 2023, 11:19:09 AM »

Have those both on DVD, they are fantastic.  Hope they can get out there agina for those who would like to own them.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1394 on: August 15, 2023, 01:48:34 PM »

Have those both on DVD, they are fantastic.  Hope they can get out there agina for those who would like to own them.

Is the Bucharest audio out there anywhere? I would be all over that.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1395 on: August 15, 2023, 01:55:48 PM »

AFAIK, only as unofficial audio rips from the original DVD, and not separately mastered for CDs.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1396 on: August 15, 2023, 02:00:21 PM »

AFAIK, only as unofficial audio rips from the original DVD, and not separately mastered for CDs.

-Marc.

Doesn't seem like they're releasing it so, where my friend?  :)

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #1397 on: September 25, 2023, 02:11:18 PM »
what is the deal with these? every couple weeks a new one pops up on spotify but aren't they old releases? are they just simply putting them on streaming or is there an element of remaster/remix here as well?

thanks!
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline JeopardousRaven

« Reply #1398 on: September 26, 2023, 08:02:35 PM »
what is the deal with these? every couple weeks a new one pops up on spotify but aren't they old releases? are they just simply putting them on streaming or is there an element of remaster/remix here as well?

thanks!

The Lost Not Forgotten Archives are a mixture of rereleases from the original YtseJam Records catalogue of releases as well as new, never released material. YtseJam Records was a project by Mike Portnoy which saw releases in four different categories: the Demo Series (album demos), Live Series (full live concerts from various points in the band's history), Cover Series (live cover performances of some of the band's favorite albums), and Studio series (making-of videos for different albums). It was basically a way of delivering cool and otherwise rare bootlegs to fans. Unfortunately, the YtseJam Records releases were discontinued after Portnoy left the band and the material was out of print, making these releases hard to access for fans who wanted a physical copy of any of the releases. The YtseJam Records catalogue was also not on streaming.

The Lost Not Forgotten Archives are essentially a continuation of the original YtseJam Records catalogue. Once a month (at least until recently), the band would release a new edition of the archives both physically and on streaming. It varies between rereleasing old YtseJam Records releases and dropping new content from the Mangini Era. Recently, it was announced that Portnoy would be supplying the LNFA with material from his own personal archives, the first of which being a show from 2010 of the band's first performance at Madison Square Garden.

Until this year, the LNFA had been releasing once per month with exceptions for months when Dream Theater was releasing other new content (such as their most recent studio album). However, this year has been a bit spotty, with only one new announcement since March. So to answer your question, the purpose of the LNFA is to make the original YtseJam catalogue more accessible to fans by releasing the content physically and on streaming, as well as to deliver new content from recent years to fans. I don't believe there has been any official confirmation of remastering/remixing by the band.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #1399 on: September 27, 2023, 09:08:55 AM »
Has there been any word on them ever doing a repress of their main albums?

With even niche bands like Seventh Wonder getting represses/vinyl releases, surely there is a market for DT? Pretty much all of the other artists I listen to have done some form of rereleases.