Author Topic: "Official" Lost Not Forgotten (official bootlegs) thread  (Read 117436 times)

Offline JeopardousRaven

Re: "Official" Lost Not Forgotten (official bootlegs) thread
« Reply #1330 on: April 18, 2023, 07:12:36 PM »
They usually announce new titles a week after releasing one, so I was surprised/disappointed when they didn't say anything last friday. I really hope they don't take June off, as they just did that in March. I know there's still supply chain issues, specially for vinyl manufacturing, and that might play a big role here, but from a fan perspective it just sucks when they suddenly take months off with this considering that 1. they announced it as a monthly release and 2. not all releases are really worth getting (for me those would be the cover series or the making of, some demos, etc.).

Well for what it's worth, I had a dream last night they announced the next release to be the final show with MP in Chiba, Japan 2010  :lol

Offline andri_ab

« Reply #1331 on: April 26, 2023, 09:06:33 PM »
Any suggestion for the most updated list of LNF release? I want to complete my collection.  I think I miss one or two of them..

Thanks,
-andri-

Offline Bluefish

« Reply #1332 on: May 17, 2023, 09:51:26 AM »
Any idea what the next release will be?

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1333 on: May 17, 2023, 11:49:41 AM »

Apparently there won't be one for June, but they should be announcing something for July soon ???
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #1334 on: May 17, 2023, 12:01:20 PM »
I got my WDADU demos in the mail the other day. The only double dip I've actually done because my original ytsejam release had a few mastering defects towards the end of disc 2.

My Lazy Tomato LTE releases have them same sporadic static defect.

I'm no audiophile but I *think* the sound is ever so slightly improved on the LNF release. But if it is it is almost negligible.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #1335 on: May 17, 2023, 12:44:42 PM »
I got my WDADU demos in the mail the other day. The only double dip I've actually done because my original ytsejam release had a few mastering defects towards the end of disc 2.

I'm no audiophile but I *think* the sound is ever so slightly improved on the LNF release. But if it is it is almost negligible.
Has the static been removed? And is there any mention in the credits of any work being done?
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1336 on: May 17, 2023, 01:09:57 PM »

Has the static been removed? And is there any mention in the credits of any work being done?
Credits?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #1337 on: May 17, 2023, 01:35:37 PM »
Discogs says the LNF WDADU demos release was Mastered at FineTune Mastering.

https://www.finetune.nl/

The original YTSEJAM release was mastered by Doug Oberkircher

Offline JeopardousRaven

« Reply #1338 on: May 17, 2023, 09:38:49 PM »

Apparently there won't be one for June, but they should be announcing something for July soon ???

I'm hoping we get one tomorrow. They have a pattern of announcing a new release on the 3rd or 4th Thursday of the month. It's not a perfect pattern but it happens fairly frequently.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1339 on: May 19, 2023, 08:00:09 AM »
Hope they also get to the Fan Club releases at some point. There's a few things that already were incorporated to the YJR/LNFA catalog, but there's still about 10 other releases that are worth making available here.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #1340 on: May 22, 2023, 10:42:15 AM »
I’m up to date on all the LNF releases, and am wondering what the next release will be …I would like a full live recording of one of the Astonishing shows , I would hope there is one …I know I’m not in the majority of people that like this album , but I loved the live show and although it’s definitely different, I totally appreciate the work that went into that album …
My parents are in the Iron and Steel business.
My Mother irons and my Father steals.
There are more horse’s asses in the world, than there are horses.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #1341 on: May 22, 2023, 08:57:01 PM »
I’m up to date on all the LNF releases, and am wondering what the next release will be …I would like a full live recording of one of the Astonishing shows , I would hope there is one …I know I’m not in the majority of people that like this album , but I loved the live show and although it’s definitely different, I totally appreciate the work that went into that album …

I'd be down for a DVD of an Astonishing live show - I remember the performance having some interesting story visuals.  Be nice to have that memorialized in a product.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1342 on: May 23, 2023, 10:08:29 AM »

I'd be down for a DVD of an Astonishing live show - I remember the performance having some interesting story visuals.  Be nice to have that memorialized in a product.

Yeah...as much as I don't like TA, I might buy a DVD of a TA show to see if that changes my opinion.  I would, however, have less than zero interest in a CD of a live show.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1343 on: May 23, 2023, 10:27:16 AM »
Well, they didn't film any of the shows, so there won't be any live videos for it. I'd gladly take just the audio, though.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1344 on: May 24, 2023, 06:25:00 AM »
Well, they didn't film any of the shows, so there won't be any live videos for it. I'd gladly take just the audio, though.

Is that true?  I thought there was video of a couple shows. Not sure where I heard that, though, so I can't really justify that belief.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1345 on: May 24, 2023, 08:22:46 AM »

Is that true?  I thought there was video of a couple shows. Not sure where I heard that, though, so I can't really justify that belief.

IIRC, there's not one interview where they explicitly say "we didn't film any show", but from bits of info here and there that's what we unofficially know. I think Bosk also said something along the lines of the band wishing to record it in _____ city, but it just never happened. They do record audio for all their shows, so they could just make a "best from the TA tour" kind of thing, and I'd get that immediately.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #1346 on: May 24, 2023, 12:44:59 PM »
I agree with PG1067, I'd mostly be interested in a video of the show, not audio.  But if no such thing exists, we'll just have to stick with our lived memory of the show, like many stage shows do.

Offline Fonzie

« Reply #1347 on: May 25, 2023, 03:17:15 AM »
I started off just getting a couple of these

Damn, I’m at 15 and counting…

OCD collector completion syndrome

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1348 on: May 25, 2023, 06:00:35 AM »
I'd love a LNF version of The Astonishing, audio or video. If not for any reason other than getting the proper outro to A New Beginning. 

I Loved TA, and it really blows that we didn't a get DVD of that tour considering some of the other shows they recorded in the years prior. It's an extra kick in the nuts given how few fan videos there are of that tour (no camera policy). I could have sworn when I saw that show in CT there was a tri-pod mounted camera in the sound booth fixed on the stage. I'd be happy with just that footage.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1349 on: May 25, 2023, 06:51:08 AM »
I'd love a LNF version of The Astonishing, audio or video. If not for any reason other than getting the proper outro to A New Beginning. 

I Loved TA, and it really blows that we didn't a get DVD of that tour considering some of the other shows they recorded in the years prior. It's an extra kick in the nuts given how few fan videos there are of that tour (no camera policy). I could have sworn when I saw that show in CT there was a tri-pod mounted camera in the sound booth fixed on the stage. I'd be happy with just that footage.

See, I recall that as well.  I don't know if that's where my recollection that they filmed some shows came from or not, but still. it surprises me greatly that a band that has such a DOCUMENTED history - even post-MP - doesn't have SOME footage of that.  I mean, they're fans of bands like GENESIS and YES, that famously toured double-album concepts and didn't film them to a legendary degree, it's almost incomprehensible that video footage of SOME kind doesn't exist. 

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #1350 on: May 25, 2023, 07:47:43 AM »
I think The Astonishing is their worst album by far. I actually left the concert halfway through which I have never done for any show let alone Dream Theater.

That said, I would buy an official bootleg of a TA show.

That's not saying much because I own them all short of double dipping for some Ytsejam/LNF.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #1351 on: May 25, 2023, 08:47:06 AM »
A live video of TA is about the only thing I'm interested in from the LNF archives. Even if it's audience shot footage.
It seems that the band and management have completely moved on from TA, so it will probably never happen. It's almost like the equivalent of trying to find the Ark of the Covenant.  It's either heavily guarded or has just vanished off the scene.  🤔
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Bluefish

« Reply #1352 on: May 25, 2023, 08:46:33 PM »
OCD collector completion syndrome

Same.  I have all of them.

Offline Bluefish

« Reply #1353 on: May 25, 2023, 08:48:40 PM »
I think The Astonishing is their worst album by far. I actually left the concert halfway through which I have never done for any show let alone Dream Theater.

That's not saying much because I own them all short of double dipping for some Ytsejam/LNF.

The Astonishing is my least favorite Dream Theater album as well.  However, I did see them five times on that tour.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #1354 on: May 26, 2023, 09:13:55 AM »

The Astonishing is my least favorite Dream Theater album as well.  However, I did see them five times on that tour.

Whoa! I wouldn't say it is my least favorite. I actually actively dislike it. I can't say that about any other DT album. I'm hoping one day I will all of the sudden "get it" and grow to love it.

Lamb Lies Down on Broadway is my least favorite Genesis album but I still like it and it goes over great live thanks to the tribute band Musical Box. I have very few good things to say about the Astonishing sadly

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #1355 on: May 26, 2023, 10:22:44 AM »
So, apparently there won't be a release for July either? They usually announce these things two months in advance, so it's a bummer there hasn't been any word about this for a while. Maybe these are the Lost And Forgotten Archives now? :P

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #1356 on: May 26, 2023, 09:46:12 PM »
To all you The Astonishing haters, quit posting!  You're not helping our cause to push for a live video release from that tour.   
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1357 on: May 27, 2023, 06:17:46 AM »
Back to LNF... I'm not sure I would panic just yet.  There was a flurry of activity, and that could be for a number of reasons, including they did a batch of material to be released, and now have to work on the next batch.  They may also be collating sales numbers to see what makes the most sense to do next.  I'm not sure they could have - or SHOULD HAVE - sustained that monthly release pace, to be honest.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #1358 on: May 27, 2023, 11:55:23 AM »
To all you The Astonishing haters, quit posting!  You're not helping our cause to push for a live video release from that tour.

I don't think my hate plus my willingness to buy more is affecting their decision any way other than in a positive direction

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #1359 on: May 27, 2023, 04:55:14 PM »

I don't think my hate plus my willingness to buy more is affecting their decision any way other than in a positive direction
Like you said earlier,  perhaps someday it will click if you listen to it at the right time.  I've had that happen many times.
I remember the first time I heard Yes' Close To The Edge, I didn't get it at all.  I listened to it again a few years later and was absolutely enamored by it.   

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #1360 on: May 27, 2023, 07:49:20 PM »

Like you said earlier,  perhaps someday it will click if you listen to it at the right time.  I've had that happen many times.
I remember the first time I heard Yes' Close To The Edge, I didn't get it at all.  I listened to it again a few years later and was absolutely enamored by it.

That's happened to me a ton of times. King Diamond's Abigail, Rush in general...even DT I didn't love right off the bat.

Offline Weymolith

• THIS IS NOT HERE
  • Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1361 on: May 27, 2023, 09:40:25 PM »
So, apparently there won't be a release for July either? They usually announce these things two months in advance, so it's a bummer there hasn't been any word about this for a while. Maybe these are the Lost And Forgotten Archives now? :P

They just came off a tour, and since they are working with MP for some of these now, he's currently on tour. Maybe they are just taking the summer off from releasing. The heat of shipping in the summer isn't kind to vinyl :)
As a general rule, never play with boxes that open portals to Hell.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1362 on: May 28, 2023, 04:54:50 AM »

Shit, I better get spamming then about my thoughts on TA!  :biggrin:
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #1363 on: May 28, 2023, 09:53:59 AM »

Shit, I better get spamming then about my thoughts on TA!  :biggrin:
Dude, you're on the path that divides!   Pull it together man!   :metal

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1364 on: May 29, 2023, 08:42:28 PM »
I like TA reasonably well, and there is zero chance I would ever buy a live recording of it in any fashion.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'