Author Topic: Last.fm  (Read 5329 times)

Online nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Last.fm
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2022, 01:22:25 AM »
Thanks. How so?

But it's curious, if I click through the tracks I listened to on last.fm, the artwork is there.
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Online nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2022, 01:23:26 AM »
Cool.  I just noticed that the collage is dynamic and reflect plays since I made it.  :tup

Oh yeah! That's pretty cool!
Paul
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2022, 01:45:51 AM »
Thanks. How so?

But it's curious, if I click through the tracks I listened to on last.fm, the artwork is there.

That's because individual tracks can have artwork attached, even if the album doesn't. If you look at singles, often the art is the single art, not the album art.

To upload art you click on the album page and then click 'add artwork'. From there it will let you add artwork by clicking 'choose file'. Some file types aren't supported but jpegs work fine. So as long as you have the artwork you want to upload on your device, you can upload it  :tup

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2022, 04:03:07 AM »
You guys are making me want to reactivate mine.  I used it a ton back in the late 00s, but it was a pain in the ass to make sure everything I was listening to was tagged properly, and it continually vexed me that there's no easy way to integrate all the different ways I listen to music (main computer, laptop, tablet, phone, car CD player, portable media players, turntable, tape deck, portable CD player, portable tape player, mini-disc player, etc.  Some of those are pretty rare listening situations, but you get the point.)
I used to have that problem, but I eventually just built myself a Plex server, dumped all my music on it in lossless FLAC format and called it a day. Now I can listen to all of my music anywhere I am.

LithoJazzoSphere, you can edit tags now (although I think that might be a Pro subscriber perk) and save those edits so it automatically edits the tag every time something is scrobbled. I use Spotify, my ipod (with a scrobbbler plug in) and a vinyl scrobbbler for all my vinyl listens.

I'll admit I am pretty obsessional about it and make sure all my listening is scrobbled. I end up hooking me ipod up a few times a week as there is sometimes issues if my ipod crashes (it's over 10 years old), and I have to manually input scrobbles.

I occasionally have issues with Spotify double scrobbbling, but generally it's easy to keep.on top of it.

Fire it up again dude!

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2022, 04:22:53 AM »
I was hesitant to get Spotify for my at-work listening because of the tags and Last.fm but the solution I came up with was that I would just stick to music that was properly tagged on Spotify and for things like live albums or the horrible <remastered> tags I would just listen to that stuff at home where I could get rid of those tags in my files.

But yeah been using Last.fm since 2007 I think and at this point I value it higher than any of these other things because it's cool to have an accurate representation of what I've been listening to since I was 15.

Online nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2022, 04:40:33 AM »
Thanks. How so?

That's because individual tracks can have artwork attached, even if the album doesn't. If you look at singles, often the art is the single art, not the album art.

To upload art you click on the album page and then click 'add artwork'.

It's literally already there for the specific albums that aren't showing from the tracks that've been played. I officially give up :lol
Paul
Leicestershire, UK

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2022, 01:51:42 AM »
I was hesitant to get Spotify for my at-work listening because of the tags and Last.fm but the solution I came up with was that I would just stick to music that was properly tagged on Spotify and for things like live albums or the horrible <remastered> tags I would just listen to that stuff at home where I could get rid of those tags in my files.

But yeah been using Last.fm since 2007 I think and at this point I value it higher than any of these other things because it's cool to have an accurate representation of what I've been listening to since I was 15.
I have Last.fm pro, there is a feature to edit scrobbles and it does automatic edit in the future. That feature alone is worth 3$/month for my ocd ass :lol
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2022, 02:17:33 AM »

I have Last.fm pro, there is a feature to edit scrobbles and it does automatic edit in the future. That feature alone is worth 3$/month for my ocd ass :lol

100% dude, totally worth it. I've slowly been going back through my library and sorting our all my inaccurate tags.

Offline jasc15

• TTAL: Yeti welcome
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2022, 09:50:25 PM »
Man, i remember folks with last.fm in their sigs way back in 2007 2008 ish and not really knowing what it was or how it worked.  Come 2022, i made one for myself after first creating a setlist.fm account to track concerts I've been to (not all that many).  I have it synced to both spotify and jellyfin, though i almost never use jellyfin for music, but i noticed there was setlist.fm addon.

I don't look at it much since the free version is pretty limited.  Anyway, here i am.

https://www.last.fm/user/se2aux

« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 10:02:54 PM by jasc15 »

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2022, 12:04:21 AM »
Man, i remember folks with last.fm in their sigs way back in 2007 2008 ish and not really knowing what it was or how it worked.  Come 2022, i made one for myself after first creating a setlist.fm account to track concerts I've been to (not all that many).  I have it synced to both spotify and jellyfin, though i almost never use jellyfin for music, but i noticed there was setlist.fm addon.

I don't look at it much since the free version is pretty limited.  Anyway, here i am.

https://www.last.fm/user/se2aux

Some nice stuff on here dude, I've given you a follow

Offline jasc15

« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2022, 07:31:58 AM »

Some nice stuff on here dude, I've given you a follow
You can discard the Ed Sheeran and Gangnam style, but I have to pump up Banana Phone.  People of a certain age (maybe just in North America?) will know him from childhood.  I'm sort of from that generation but was only vaguely aware of him until my own son heard banana phone in pre school.  It became a regular play at home and it's really a great recording.  It's both lighthearted and seriously executed.  Excellent production quality.   Surely more and better words have been said about Raffi, so I'll leave it at that.

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2023, 12:34:13 AM »
Happy New Year! Here's my 10x10 for 2022

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2023, 10:49:36 AM »
Most listened to artists/bands in 2022:

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2023, 04:29:51 PM »
Cheeky little 10x10 for this month...

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2023, 12:27:45 AM »

Just posted this on reddit. Seeing in 200,000 scrobbles with my current obsession.

Online nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2023, 06:27:41 AM »
That's around 90 tracks a day for six years. That would exhaust me :lol I need additional aural stimuli personally whether it's a little talk radio or quietness with just the sound of my tinnitus(!) and PC for company.
Paul
Leicestershire, UK

Offline coz

« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2023, 07:19:34 PM »
Anyone else having inconsistent scrobble activity lately?  I either get duplicate scrobbles (2 to a handful) or none.  It's happening on multiple devices and apps (android phone and tablet and home computer).   I'm stumped on how to fix it.  :tdwn
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 07:25:25 PM by coz »
~Carlos
We made a land where crap is king and the good don't last too long.
https://www.last.fm/user/coz2112

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2023, 08:43:15 PM »
I haven't had that issue but I've noticed my scrobbles won't update for 1-2 days then data dump them.

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2023, 05:42:33 PM »
Here’s my 10x10 for July, if anyone is remotely interested…

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2023, 06:14:50 PM »
Is there anyway to link it so it's expandible?

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2023, 09:25:58 PM »
Just open the image in another tab and expand it there, works just fine here. 

Huh, Loretta Lynn is surprising to see there. 

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2023, 10:19:24 PM »

:tup thank you!

A lot of good stuff here, although Pick of Destiny is a pretty weak Tenacious D album. I need to give The Dear Hunter another shot sometime. It's probably been near a decade since I ever gave them a real listen.

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2023, 12:25:38 AM »

On my ever going quest to listen to music I started using this site…

https://1001albumsgenerator.com

It randomly generates an album everyday, from this list of 1001 albums you need to hear. Most of it is kinda generic and it is heavy on the popular 60s/70s rock (pretty sure ever Beatles album is on the list) but every now and then it chucks out something more random. If anything, it’s helped me appreciate Britpop more. It’s how I recently came by Tortoise actually, and yesterday was a Ravi Shankar album, so it can be really cool. Anyway, THAT’S why Loretta Lynn is on there, as well as TLC and Queen Latifah.

:tup thank you!

A lot of good stuff here, although Pick of Destiny is a pretty weak Tenacious D album. I need to give The Dear Hunter another shot sometime. It's probably been near a decade since I ever gave them a real listen.

Cheers dude, I totally disagree about The Pick of Destiny, it has so many of my favourite D songs on it. Rise of the Fenix, now that is a weak D album. Yes, you really should revisit The Dear Hunter. I’d suggest spinning Acts IV and V, one after the other. They are basically a double album any way and two sides of a coin. Those two albums are easily two of the best I’ve heard in the last decade.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 01:26:31 AM by twosuitsluke »

Offline jasc15

« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2023, 08:34:07 PM »
Last.fm thinks I listened to The Mirror 530 times on repeat for 3 days.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 09:21:52 PM by jasc15 »

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2023, 03:48:31 PM »
Just came across this cool Last.fm site (via reddit)...

https://nick.ludwigpro.net/

It is a lyric quiz based of your top most listened to tunes on Last.fm (you can set the parameters). It's surprisingly difficult. It gives you a lyric and you have to try a different guess song title, artist and the next line.

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2023, 05:10:20 PM »
Happy New Year! Here's my year in albums...

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2023, 05:37:04 PM »
It's that time....

aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline coz

« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2023, 11:58:12 PM »
~Carlos
We made a land where crap is king and the good don't last too long.
https://www.last.fm/user/coz2112

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2024, 01:09:34 AM »

Online nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2024, 03:41:36 AM »
Paul
Leicestershire, UK

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2024, 04:17:01 AM »
So many memories from that Therapy? - Troublegum album I'm spotting there. Enjoyed the crap out of it in my youth.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2024, 05:36:45 AM »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2024, 10:43:20 AM »
Where do you get these cool charts from on last.fm?

Also, here's my last.fm: https://www.last.fm/user/MrJamesMan

I had to make a new one this year, lost my old one.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2024, 10:51:36 AM »
I believe you have to sign up for pro to get the grid view.

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2024, 10:59:41 AM »
Where do you get these cool charts from on last.fm?

Also, here's my last.fm: https://www.last.fm/user/MrJamesMan

I had to make a new one this year, lost my old one.

No, you don't need pro, just use this site...

https://www.tapmusic.net/