Things I find a tad exasperating v.3

Started by XJDenton, June 26, 2021, 01:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Postwhore

We have a consult today with the doctor for my wife today but they still haven't got the second sample results from the biopsy that will help determine how to treat my wife.  It's 8 damn days.  We might have to reschedule.  I don't want to put anything off for her treatment. 
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

pg1067

Quote from: Snow Dog on September 28, 2023, 06:06:21 AM
3 1/2 years ago, we moved into our current house. I'm still consistently receiving mail addressed to the previous owners. At least one every one to two weeks. Important stuff, too - court documents, financial statements, mail related to their kids' schooling... It's baffling to me why it's still happening. And I'm getting tired of returning it all to sender.

It's been 10 years for us.  After about 3-4 years, I just started trashing it.  It's not my job to be a forwarding service, and if they don't care, why should I?

cramx3

Quote from: pg1067 on September 28, 2023, 09:01:33 AM
Quote from: Snow Dog on September 28, 2023, 06:06:21 AM
3 1/2 years ago, we moved into our current house. I'm still consistently receiving mail addressed to the previous owners. At least one every one to two weeks. Important stuff, too - court documents, financial statements, mail related to their kids' schooling... It's baffling to me why it's still happening. And I'm getting tired of returning it all to sender.

It's been 10 years for us.  After about 3-4 years, I just started trashing it.  It's not my job to be a forwarding service, and if they don't care, why should I?

Oh yeah, I've been in my house 10 years now.  After the first couple years, I just started throwing it in the trash.  Sorry, not sorry. Granted, from what it looked like (I never opened them) they didn't appear to be important, but who knows.  After years, it's on you if you are having important stuff sent to your old address. 

Quote from: King Postwhore on September 28, 2023, 06:23:01 AM
We have a consult today with the doctor for my wife today but they still haven't got the second sample results from the biopsy that will help determine how to treat my wife.  It's 8 damn days.  We might have to reschedule.  I don't want to put anything off for her treatment. 

Must feel like an eternity too.  Real shit. Hope you get the news soon just so you can figure things out.  Obviously, hoping for good news for you two.

Stadler

I throw away the old occupant's mail without a second thought; I'm too busy thinking about my friend Joe and his wife and hoping they get some good news, stat!

King Postwhore

Lisa just texted me we are still going to the consult but the 2nd result from the biopsy did not come in.  Extremely frustrating.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

faizoff

When I moved in to the new house last year, first few weeks we kept getting previous owners mail. I kept putting it back in the box with a marker scribbled note saying Not At This Address. It's what the USPS recommends doing. Haven't had any since then.

Ben_Jamin

For me....

It's having to wait a couple of weeks just to get glasses. I broke my last set, had to get a new prescription, and have to get my lenses special ordered. I've been going on 2-3 weeks without glasses and it sucks not being able to see...

hefdaddy42

Quote from: Ben_Jamin on September 28, 2023, 10:30:44 AM
For me....

It's having to wait a couple of weeks just to get glasses. I broke my last set, had to get a new prescription, and have to get my lenses special ordered. I've been going on 2-3 weeks without glasses and it sucks not being able to see...
Yikes
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Metro

I always hang onto my old pair of glasses whenever I get new ones, just in case they break.

Stadler

Exasperating:  I get Yahoo! News updates twice a day (more or less).   Increasingly, they have a story:  "Fact Check: [Insert Coach/Boss/Celebrity] Fired someone for kneeling during the national anthem" and it's a link to a Snopes article where they debunk the claim.  The person referenced is almost always different, and they claim is ALWAYS debunked, and I can't figure out who this benefits. 

wolfking

Quote from: Ben_Jamin on September 28, 2023, 10:30:44 AM
For me....

Dude, you don't have a spare set?  I have like 3.  Not having your proper eyes for that long can't be good.

orcus116

I was at a show store today and during checkout the woman was explaining how that stores reward system works. I never really shop there so I politely declined however before ringing up the shoes she was typing then asked me for my first name which I gave but then when she asked for my last name I asked "Are you signing me up for the rewards program?" She said yes and when I said I didn't want it she immediately got frustrated and turned from pleasant to annoyed for the duration of the checkout. I remained nice but damn it's pretty shitty to try to push someone to enroll in something they previously said no to and then cop an attitude. I didn't come up with the company sales tactics, ma'am.

King Postwhore

That's one girl you don't want to date.

TAC

Quote from: King Postwhore on September 30, 2023, 04:15:47 PM
That's one girl you don't want to date.

Yeah but...maybe she has a reward program of her own. ;D
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

King Postwhore

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

wolfking

King Postwhore

Kade, all my bitches think that, though.

wolfking

TAC

King Postwhore

lordxizor

I'm sitting in my office at work with a giant, I mean giant, rip in the seat of my pants. I have no idea when or how this happened. I went to the dentist before work this morning and have walked around the office a bit. Finishing up a meeting and then I'm going to slink out of the office and go home for the rest of the day. :lol

cramx3

hefdaddy42

Quote from: lordxizor on October 04, 2023, 08:13:59 AM
I'm sitting in my office at work with a giant, I mean giant, rip in the seat of my pants. I have no idea when or how this happened. I went to the dentist before work this morning and have walked around the office a bit. Finishing up a meeting and then I'm going to slink out of the office and go home for the rest of the day. :lol
:lol
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

TAC

Probably happened at the crack of dawn.

Stadler

To avoid any more cheeky comments, I'd probably split as soon as you can.  ;)

lordxizor

On my way out, I mentioned to one of my guys why I was leaving. He said "oh yeah, I noticed that earlier. I thought you were wearing torn up jean on purpose " :lol

Literally a hole from the waistband to below my butt along the edge of one of the back pockets. That's a bit extreme for intentionally distressed jeans.

Stadler

Quote from: lordxizor on October 04, 2023, 09:14:33 AM
On my way out, I mentioned to one of my guys why I was leaving. He said "oh yeah, I noticed that earlier. I thought you were wearing torn up jean on purpose " :lol

Literally a hole from the waistband to below my butt along the edge of one of the back pockets. That's a bit extreme for intentionally distressed jeans.

And I'm no fashion bug, but aren't the distressed parts usually from the top of the thigh down?  :) :) :). They're going to start calling you David Lee Roth if you're not careful (he of the assless chaps from the Van Halen days).

lordxizor

Me to customer: "We can do that two ways, A or B. Do you know which you'd prefer?"
Customer: "That sounds great, thanks."
After a series of back and forth emails where he wouldn't answer some of my questions or misunderstand the question altogether.

I don't think I want to work with this guy. :lol

cramx3

Is he stupid or playing the game of "i dont want it on record of what I'm asking for so I can throw it back on you when it's likely not right because I have no idea what Im doing"

El Barto

Quote from: cramx3 on November 02, 2023, 11:58:16 AM
Is he stupid or playing the game of "i dont want it on record of what I'm asking for so I can throw it back on you when it's likely not right because I have no idea what Im doing"
Can't speak for him, but I see a lot of that too, and it's always somebody with shitty communication skills. If we're presenting options we're not moving forward on anything without a firm confirmation and approval. The follow up is "why isn't my stuff ready? I called 2 weeks ago."  Yes, but you didn't tell us what to do until yesterday and we hadn't given it a moment's thought until then.

Lordzizor (if that is your real name): our solution is to double or even triple the price as soon as we realize somebody is flaky like that. Either it scares them off, which is fine, or we're fairly compensated for their numbskullery.

pg1067

Quote from: lordxizor on November 02, 2023, 11:51:36 AM
Me to customer: "We can do that two ways, A or B. Do you know which you'd prefer?"

That happens around here at least once a week.

wolfking

Quote from: pg1067 on November 02, 2023, 01:49:25 PM

That happens around here at least once a week.

Same, happens in my organisation quite a lot with internal and external stakeholders.  Like, WTF?!

hefdaddy42

After a series of back and forth emails where he wouldn't answer some of my questions or misunderstand the question altogether.

I don't think I want to work with this guy. :lol
I see that some of your customers are some of our customers lol

TAC

What kind of fucking asshole throws a paper towel into a urinal??