Author Topic: Things I find a tad exasperating v.3  (Read 124613 times)

Offline pg1067

Re: Things I find a tad exasperating v.3
« Reply #280 on: September 02, 2021, 10:04:51 AM »
YouTube videos when you're just browsing for something to watch and the endless " Omg this driver did WHAT?! " or " Olympic swimmer REACTS to people playing in a paddling pool "

and it's always some guy doing the OMG face in the thumbnail

Well...two things here...

Those videos don't get into your suggested watch videos by accident.  They're there because you watch stuff like that.  Also, you know...browsing YouTube videos just to find something to watch...   :)
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #281 on: September 02, 2021, 10:43:40 AM »
I saw a thing on tiktok about how a lot of those tag lines actually bait people to watch.  It's effective apparently even though I don't personally like it either because it's so trendy when everyone does it.  It loses the effect and often I just click away if the video doesn't get to the point in the first 10 seconds.  I'm not falling for the bait to get you view time.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #282 on: September 02, 2021, 04:35:14 PM »
YouTube videos when you're just browsing for something to watch and the endless " Omg this driver did WHAT?! " or " Olympic swimmer REACTS to people playing in a paddling pool "

and it's always some guy doing the OMG face in the thumbnail

Well...two things here...

Those videos don't get into your suggested watch videos by accident.  They're there because you watch stuff like that.  Also, you know...browsing YouTube videos just to find something to watch...   :)

Those were just examples of videos that are either 20 mins long for no reason other than to get more ads. Or people over reacting to something mundane.

Not " Fuck I hate submarines. "

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #283 on: September 03, 2021, 06:55:51 PM »
Also, you know...browsing YouTube videos just to find something to watch...   :)

I do this all the time  :)
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #284 on: September 03, 2021, 06:58:15 PM »
Also, you know...browsing YouTube videos just to find something to watch...   :)

I do this all the time  :)

The wife went to sleep. I'm doing this now.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #285 on: September 04, 2021, 03:07:09 AM »
My morning routine is - go to the local sandwich shop at like 10am for a latte and a sausage/omelette bun - essentially they're McD's EggMcMuffin without the cheese.

Then sit on my sofa and browse youtube for something to watch whilst I enjoy my breakfast.

Or - come home form work at like 2300 - get into my indoor clothes and collapse on my sofa and try to find something to watch before bed.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #286 on: September 04, 2021, 07:01:02 PM »
I do some contract work for a few local banks and I’ve noticed that about 85% of women drivers cannot gauge how to pull up to the ATM close enough and have to open their doors. Always funny. Not so funny is when they are usually in the wrong lane when going slowly up a hill. :angry:

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #287 on: September 04, 2021, 10:53:03 PM »
Amazon's increasingly bad record with music releases.

Pre-ordered the new Jinjer record 2 months ago. Was supposed to be released 9/3. I get an email that day saying they aren't sure they can get it and do I want to cancel. Are you kidding me? Ended up getting it from their Bandcamp for now as it is uncompressed.

Pre-ordered the new Umphrey's album even longer ago then the Jinjer record. Got the same email from Amazon.

Neither record is even up for sale now at Amazon. No idea what they are doing.

Pre-ordered the Act of Denial album. Got an email that it won't arrive on time and will be at least a week or more late. At least they didn't send me a cancellation email like the other 2.

This is becoming a more frequent issue. I have a few other records on pre-order and they can't even give me a date. Just says they'll let me know when they know. Really aren't a lot of options out there left for physical releases either.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #288 on: September 05, 2021, 04:40:05 AM »
I always buy singles from iTunes to support the band somewhat - also bands don't really do CD singles anymore...

So I was looking at In The Court Of The Dragon by Trivium on iTunes and since i've already bought the two songs off it -

- the remainder of the album is only £4. Very tempting. I buy albums form iTunes once in a blue moon but I might just buy it on iTunes

and get the CD at a later date. The only time I ever buy albums on iTunes is when it's dirt cheap to "...complete my album. "

Or the CD version has shit packaging like most Foo Fighters albums now where its like a CD thrown in a birthday card.  :facepalm:

Guys you're the fucking Foo Fighters. You can afford decent CD packaging. Or is this another one of your gimmicks DAVE.

---

Medicine At Midnight was not bad - but these days - it does seem like Dave Grohl thinks up a gimmick and they work an album around that instead

of trying to make a GREAT album first and foremost.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #289 on: September 06, 2021, 11:36:44 AM »
I think the drop in packaging quality is due to people's lack of interest in physical media...

Which is ironic, because the drop in packaging quality really turns me off from physical media.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #290 on: September 06, 2021, 01:32:07 PM »
Yes a well packaged CD is a bonus in my opinion. Those awful CD in a birthday card type albums are a big NO NO.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #291 on: September 07, 2021, 05:56:59 AM »
I don't understand fake balconies on houses. Why not have a door there instead of a window and enjoy the balcony?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #292 on: September 07, 2021, 06:33:44 AM »
HAHA, there's a house in Enfield that is the opposite; it's a door but there's no balcony there!    I don't get over there much but if I do I'll try to take a picture. 

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #293 on: September 07, 2021, 09:09:27 AM »
I don't understand fake balconies on houses. Why not have a door there instead of a window and enjoy the balcony?

Surely there’s a joke in here somewhere…

Offline pg1067

« Reply #294 on: September 07, 2021, 03:41:38 PM »
Bags in boxes of cereal.

Some of them open nice and easy, but others...no matter how careful you are, the margin between "not enough force to open the seal" and "rip the damn bag to shred so that there's no way to fold it closed in a way that keeps the contents from going stale" is virtually non-existent.  WHY in the name of all that is holy does cereal not come in bags that have a zip-lock type closure?!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #295 on: September 07, 2021, 04:14:57 PM »
Bags in boxes of cereal.

Some of them open nice and easy, but others...no matter how careful you are, the margin between "not enough force to open the seal" and "rip the damn bag to shred so that there's no way to fold it closed in a way that keeps the contents from going stale" is virtually non-existent.  WHY in the name of all that is holy does cereal not come in bags that have a zip-lock type closure?!

Cost.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #296 on: September 07, 2021, 04:35:46 PM »
Use scissors

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #297 on: September 08, 2021, 09:05:45 AM »

:rollin

funny though, the house I grew up in had something similar to that picture and I NEVER understood why. 

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #298 on: September 08, 2021, 09:09:54 AM »

:lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #299 on: September 10, 2021, 12:25:07 PM »
So... I'm a nervous pisser. It takes a lot of... Prep... To piss in a cup.

I'm sitting in the waiting room of an shitty little occupation health urgent care waiting to take my preemployment piss test.

I drank a much larger than normal amount of water last night and this morning. Made sure I had to go before I left the house. Had to piss when I got here.

Now I've been sitting here for 20+ minutes... It's gone :lol

The last 2 piss tests had me in there with the cup within 5 min of signing in.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #300 on: September 11, 2021, 04:49:14 AM »
I've had to get naked for a doc before. It didn't bother me. I'd rather get my junk out for a doctor than lay in bed every night wondering what that bump is.  :o

Everyone knows it feels nice to wear as little as possible outside. I wish I didn't have to wear shoes outdoors. I do cause I don't wanna tread in ALL the dog shit.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #301 on: September 13, 2021, 04:44:38 AM »
Anyone else have that thing where - you have some amazing and exciting news...

So you write about it on Twitter or whatever - and you text everyone you think would also be happy about it..

...And you *literally* get ZERO replies. Not. One.

Then your excitement just f-ing vanishes.

Then you see one of the people you texted in person and they're like " yeah I saw. . . "

My Dad is like that. I'll text him a question and he won't reply - he'll just tell me the next time he sees me in person.  :yeahright

And his work pays for his phone so it's not like he's saving money.

It's true that the more "connected" we are - the harder it is to actually get an answer from someone. . . . . .inb4 It's because everyone hates you and is avoiding you.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #302 on: September 16, 2021, 08:33:02 AM »
I'll never understand people who answer their phones only to say, "I can't talk now."   >:(
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #303 on: September 16, 2021, 08:53:51 AM »
I'll never understand people who answer their phones only to say, "I can't talk now."   >:(

My wife does a variation of that all the damn time.  And gets upset with me that I called...like I knew that she was busy.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #304 on: September 16, 2021, 09:27:17 AM »

My wife does a variation of that all the damn time.  And gets upset with me that I called...like I knew that she was busy.

Well.... since that happened to me this morning, and I was the one that answered, I can only say "the lesser of two evils".   If I didn't answer it'd be all "where were you? What were you doing?"   So I answered.  But I couldn't talk - I was seeing a man about a horse - and dodged the missile in favor of the bullet. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #305 on: September 16, 2021, 09:33:01 AM »
You were “seeing a man about a horse”?  :lol

I’ll have to try that one with my wife.  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #306 on: September 16, 2021, 09:38:10 AM »
You were “seeing a man about a horse”?  :lol

I’ll have to try that one with my wife.  :lol

I want a picture of your wife's face as you say that.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline romdrums

« Reply #307 on: September 16, 2021, 10:01:20 AM »
See a man about a horse.  Haven't heard that in a while!  :lol

Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #308 on: September 16, 2021, 10:17:39 AM »
See a man about a horse.  Haven't heard that in a while!  :lol

Fogey humour.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #309 on: September 16, 2021, 10:35:28 AM »
"Cheers", man.  The Thanksgiving episode.  Classic Sam Malone.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #310 on: September 16, 2021, 12:06:33 PM »
Oh..is that a reference? Stadler's not actually seeing a man about a horse?

What about this horse?

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #311 on: September 16, 2021, 12:35:03 PM »
It means going to the bathroom (or anything else you don't really want to reveal).   Sam excused himself from the Thanksgiving table by saying "Somebody save me a seat. I got to see a man about a horse."

I like the horse, though!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #312 on: September 16, 2021, 12:36:54 PM »
I watched some Cheers back in the day, but I must've missed that one.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #313 on: September 16, 2021, 12:38:17 PM »
I watched some Cheers back in the day, but I must've missed that one.

I had a roommate in college who would watch the Bruins, Cheers (both on Channel 38 out of Boston) or pron.  I can recite you entire episodes of Cheers.  "DNA:  Dames Are Not Agressive!".

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #314 on: September 16, 2021, 12:43:06 PM »
I never really loved Cheers. Seen plenty of it though.