Author Topic: Things I find a tad exasperating v.3  (Read 114942 times)

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Things I find a tad exasperating v.3
« Reply #735 on: April 19, 2022, 06:47:38 AM »
We went to DW in February. I don't know, I didn't find their new system that egregious. You only need to tell schedule what park you're going to start at. You can still park hop after 1:00 pm. The only real exasperating thing for us, is signing up for lightning passes. You can only do it on the ap, and only one hour prior to opening (unless you are staying at a Disney property). Once you get one, you have to wait two hours to sign up for another one. It works, but some people are going to be left out, there's  only so many available times. Pro tip, if some of your group book a time but others aren't quite able to, go talk nicely to guest services. It's still Disney.

By the way, with the construction at Epcot coupled with the all new fireworks display. The world showcase is a mother fucking zoo...at least it was when I was there.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline pg1067

« Reply #736 on: April 19, 2022, 11:28:08 AM »
I'm with Tim.  I had zero clue until I googled it.  I think I saw Commando once when it came out and not since then.

It's no "Lighten up, Francis!"

I go commando. Is that the same thing?  Does that count?

No, but you would get bonus points if you watch Commando while going commando.   :biggrin:

I've done my own taxes, well, my whole life.  I've never paid anyone to do my taxes.  They are either as easy as a piece of cake, or... well, they are still easy, but sometimes you have to fill in more forms.  Its a NIGHTMARE though, when you can't e-file.  I've only had that once, and I hope every year it never happens again.

I wouldn't go so far as "nightmare," but 20 pages of forms and schedules and "attach this, but don't staple it" and "staple your W-2 but not the check."  Mostly a minor annoyance.

So, my turn. I'm on vacation this week, in Florida.  We did The Magic Kingdom today.  I could fill pages on "exasperating" based on my day.

My wife's father died shortly after I met her, and a few years later, her mother started a relationship with a Disneyphile.  We all went to Disneyworld one year but were staying at different Disney resorts.  Figuring out the tram schedule was a nightmare because it was never "go from point X to point Y."  You always had go from X to A to C to Y.  We nicknamed it Stalag Disney.

Oh, and you know that thread about artists releasing music in six decades? I think I hit "It's A Small World" in SIX decades!  My first time was in '74.  I KNOW I have the 90's, the 00's, the 10's and now the 20's, but I'm PRETTY SURE I did it in the early 80's when we were still doing fam vacations.

LOL...I'm sure I went in the '70s and '80s, but I'm not sure I went to Disneyland in the '90s, and I think the last time we went was the '00s.  My condolences on your...ummm...accomplishment.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #737 on: April 19, 2022, 11:44:53 AM »
So I had 12 vote on a Facebook poll to see if that line, "Let off some steam, Bennet!" was an iconic line.  Love were 6/6. :lol  Damn draw.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #738 on: April 19, 2022, 11:48:04 AM »
So I had 12 vote on a Facebook poll to see if that line, "Let off some steam, Bennet!" was an iconic line.  Love were 6/6. :lol  Damn draw.

Dude has so many classic lines, some are just going to fall to the wayside.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #739 on: April 19, 2022, 11:50:30 AM »

Dude has so many classic lines, some are just going to fall to the wayside.

Hell, even from that one movie. Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #740 on: April 19, 2022, 12:34:09 PM »
Still have no idea what movie you’re talking about. Is it on Crave?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #741 on: April 19, 2022, 12:56:56 PM »

Yes, all 80's movies are only showing on a Canadian streaming service.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #742 on: April 19, 2022, 02:32:18 PM »

And I thought Covid was the only reason Chad never leaves his house..
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #743 on: April 19, 2022, 02:34:06 PM »

And I thought Covid was the only reason Chad never leaves his house..

He probably only likes Strange Brew.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #744 on: April 19, 2022, 02:36:09 PM »
I get that reference! :P

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #745 on: April 19, 2022, 03:23:21 PM »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #746 on: May 14, 2022, 02:07:28 PM »
Not really exasperating but sometimes my wife makes me scratch my head.

Today, we cleaned all of the bed sheets, pillow cases, blankets. My wife grabbed some new pillow cases out of the closet and started putting them on the pillows. When she was done she says to me..
"I don't know which pillows are yours".  WUT??

I replied.."Well, you know which ones are yours. Mine are the other ones."

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #747 on: May 14, 2022, 05:19:22 PM »
 :lol

Women make me scratch my head every damn day.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #748 on: May 23, 2022, 01:53:05 PM »
The overuse of "triggers". Everything is a freaking trigger these days and people are starting to use it as an excuse for bad behavior. People really need to have "trigger warning" at the beginning of a Facebook post? It feels like an excuse for people not being able to control their emotions and actions.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #749 on: May 23, 2022, 02:02:02 PM »
The overuse of "triggers". Everything is a freaking trigger these days and people are starting to use it as an excuse for bad behavior. People really need to have "trigger warning" at the beginning of a Facebook post? It feels like an excuse for people not being able to control their emotions and actions.

I left a Discord group recently because they got really trigger happy. One of the girls made a post about a problem she's having with her boyfriend. They don't have enough in common and couldn't talk about much, and she prefaced it with a trigger warning incase anyone in the thread had any past trauma due to relationship issues.   

I was reading earlier today that the guy who tackled Chappelle did so because he's bi and didn't like Dave's jokes, which I still maintain is completely ridiculous. If you actually watch the special that was highly controversial, he had absolutely nothing ill to say about the trans community in anyway and was speaking from a place of deep respect and love for his friend Daphne (the trans person who killed herself shortly after being asked by and opening for Dave at one of his shows).

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #750 on: May 23, 2022, 03:01:26 PM »

I left a Discord group recently because they got really trigger happy. One of the girls made a post about a problem she's having with her boyfriend. They don't have enough in common and couldn't talk about much, and she prefaced it with a trigger warning incase anyone in the thread had any past trauma due to relationship issues.   

I was reading earlier today that the guy who tackled Chappelle did so because he's bi and didn't like Dave's jokes, which I still maintain is completely ridiculous. If you actually watch the special that was highly controversial, he had absolutely nothing ill to say about the trans community in anyway and was speaking from a place of deep respect and love for his friend Daphne (the trans person who killed herself shortly after being asked by and opening for Dave at one of his shows).
The Chapelle thing was what made me post this, though I've been thinking it for a long time

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #751 on: May 23, 2022, 03:35:43 PM »
Being "triggered" should never absolve people from being responsible for their actions.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #752 on: May 23, 2022, 05:45:36 PM »

I fully agree with this.  It's bullshit.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #753 on: May 23, 2022, 05:58:44 PM »
It's not that different from saying "no offense, but ..."

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #754 on: May 25, 2022, 06:44:37 AM »

It doesn't "feel like".  It IS.  It's a way to pass responsibility to someone else, and force acceptance.  It's bad enough that adults - who should know better - do this, but now I have to explain to my 14-year-old that it's okay to identify the inputs and address them, but "trigger" means NOTHING when it comes to being responsible and accountable for your actions/reactions.

I think this notion of "trigger" is actually selfish; it's unreasonable to expect the entire 7.6 billion population have to accommodate my feelings.  Who cares if I'm triggered?  That's my burden to carry, not the entire world's.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #755 on: May 25, 2022, 07:00:24 AM »

Here's a controversial statement: even if Chappelle DID have ill things to say, so what?  Why does having an opinion entitle someone else to forego the rules of society as well as the laws of the land we live in?  And if we're going to accept that, then why are things like January 6th or #MeToo behavior so bad?  You can't have it both ways.  If one has been in several bad relationships with women, does that absolve their behavior if they mistreat a woman?  What about if I'm beat up or mugged by a criminal who happens to be African American?  Wouldn't the resulting racism be acceptable?

This is a big problem for me with much of the identity politics movement; it's so subjectively related to a specific individual, as opposed to individuals in general, that it leads to a lot of arbitrary (one might say, hypocritical) applications to the concepts.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #756 on: May 25, 2022, 07:04:58 AM »
Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to say the stage rusher would have been justified had Chappelle actually been talking shit.

Online Adami

« Reply #757 on: May 25, 2022, 07:06:36 AM »
Yea, I don't really recall anyone saying the stage rusher was justified (though I'm sure there's SOMEONE with that opinion out there).
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #758 on: May 25, 2022, 07:14:58 AM »
Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to say the stage rusher would have been justified had Chappelle actually been talking shit.

No, but I'm fairly certain that the STAGE RUSHER thought himself justified.  I mean, intent and all, but still, it's not a radical assumption.

Online Adami

« Reply #759 on: May 25, 2022, 07:17:23 AM »

No, but I'm fairly certain that the STAGE RUSHER thought himself justified.  I mean, intent and all, but still, it's not a radical assumption.

............so? Don't most criminals think they're justified?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #760 on: May 25, 2022, 07:29:42 AM »

............so? Don't most criminals think they're justified?

Sure, but the underlying concept is the same.  Hell, there's an argument that most of the shootings we're seeing fall under this category; it's the delusion that any reaction is okay if the initial action is "egregious" enough. Will Smith/Chris Rock.  There were people that felt that Will Smith was within his bounds; or at least didn't concur that he was OUT of bounds.

I'm not really drawing lines here, just pointing out that certain "common sense" reactions might do with a little self-reflection and a broader look beyond the moment at hand.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #761 on: May 25, 2022, 09:35:04 PM »
So I'm on vacation right now, and there's been a number of things that I've gone off on. My family has pretty much told me that I'm the one being a dick.

I find this exasperating. :lol

Offline Melphina

« Reply #762 on: May 26, 2022, 11:17:18 AM »
People who fall for NFTs. People who try to shill them too.

Steve Lukather is the latest victim of this modern scam and he's pushing people to buy ridiculous cartoons of himself and has a whole NFT site now. Yuck. When I expressed my dismay at this turn of events whoever manages his page (Luke himself?) my comment was promptly deleted.

I'm tired of explaining to people why NFTs ONLY exist to line the pockets of people who want to take advantage of gullible people and or fans.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #763 on: May 26, 2022, 01:25:38 PM »
Forum went down?  Was it just me?   ???
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline faizoff

« Reply #764 on: May 26, 2022, 01:28:41 PM »
Forum went down?  Was it just me?   ???

Was down for me as well, longer than usual I'm guessing.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #765 on: May 26, 2022, 01:35:16 PM »
Was Stadler's mailbox full again?  The forum was down for me for like the last hour

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #766 on: May 26, 2022, 02:01:34 PM »
Came in here to mention that as well. I mean, c'mon, I'm trying to work and the forum takes a dump? I actually have to do some work when this happens.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #767 on: May 26, 2022, 02:46:52 PM »
Came in here to mention that as well. I mean, c'mon, I'm trying to work and the forum takes a dump? I actually have to do some work when this happens.

It got me to leave my desk and go do some work on the other side of the building I'm in  :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #768 on: May 26, 2022, 04:12:36 PM »
Was Stadler's mailbox full again?  The forum was down for me for like the last hour

I cleared out like 100 messages. We're back and running!  :) :) :)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #769 on: May 26, 2022, 05:04:25 PM »
 :lol

Stads, I bet you didn't know you wielded so much power.  Lol