Author Topic: Things I find a tad exasperating v.3  (Read 115388 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Things I find a tad exasperating v.3
« Reply #455 on: October 13, 2021, 08:33:00 AM »
I swear some days I feel like I'm married to Laura Ingraham.

Are you venting, or does Laura Ingraham have some sort of relationship to dishwashers?   :) :)

She only loads the right side of the dishwasher.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #456 on: October 13, 2021, 08:36:25 AM »

Are you venting, or does Laura Ingraham have some sort of relationship to dishwashers?   :) :)

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #457 on: October 13, 2021, 08:37:17 AM »

I'm picking up what you're laying down.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #458 on: October 13, 2021, 08:45:58 AM »
This is a topic close to my heart; I do 99% of the cooking, and probably 85% of the cleanup.  I hand-wash the pans and the preparation knives/utensils.   We dishwash all the plateware and silverware used for eating and periodically I will put in the "spatula" (it's not but close) I used for saute-ing.   I can look at a plate/silverware in the dishwasher and tell you who put it there.   Me:  top shelf starting from the back, "open" sides down; bottom shelf, plates in a line (rinsed) and silverware evenly spaced, used-side UP.

I put the silverware in hand down, "used" side up to facilitate cleaning.  I don't know if it's myth or paranoia or what, but I worry being jammed in the bin restricts the water/soap flow and reduces the "cleaning efficiency".   I do 90% of the unloading, so I'm usually cognizant of not getting impaled.
You guys, I swear I am not Stadler but I just came in to write this exact post. Fucking uncanny.

Masters of the kitchen, right here.

thing I find exasperating today: my job, which has an app where I can set my availability and then they call me and I confirm my availability and then they send me an assignment when I am NOT available and then not read my text where I say I am not available and then I have to call the main office to confirm I am indeed not available.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #459 on: October 13, 2021, 09:19:47 AM »
When you order a package with a courier company and they give you a tracking number...

...But the ONLY info you ever get is " on the way ".

Fucking fantastic. Why bother.

It would be like having a weather app which just says " look out the window ".
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 09:29:56 AM by Kotowboy »

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #460 on: October 13, 2021, 09:33:49 AM »

Dammit I wish I knew how to create an app! That's actually an awesome idea.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online pg1067

« Reply #461 on: October 13, 2021, 09:50:09 AM »

Who?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #462 on: October 13, 2021, 09:56:06 AM »

wETHR

:cool: Got it sorted.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #463 on: October 13, 2021, 10:16:26 AM »

wETHR

:cool: Got it sorted.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #464 on: October 13, 2021, 10:27:24 AM »
Well yeah.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #465 on: October 13, 2021, 10:58:53 AM »
Sales Tax Collection.  When the Supreme Court's decision in Wayfair v. South Dakota changed nexus laws, it meant large online retailers had to start collecting sales tax on online purchases regardless of whether or not they had a physical presence in a particular state.  There are over 5,000 separate sales tax zones within the United State, and who is expected to pay sales tax varies by state.  Additionally, most of them require a different tax exempt forms depending on the state.  Some states don't collect sales tax.  So, in addition to being in sales, I've had to become reasonably fluent in sales tax law.  There are some transactions that take 5-10 separate contacts in order to get the proper forms in place, and it becomes a major pain point in what should be a relatively simple process. 
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #466 on: October 13, 2021, 11:05:43 AM »

Have you checked out What the Forecast weather app? Some of the text that comes up is hilarious!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #467 on: October 13, 2021, 11:25:08 AM »

Have you checked out What the Forecast weather app? Some of the text that comes up is hilarious!

You picked the thoughts right out of my brain.

I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #468 on: October 13, 2021, 12:16:07 PM »

I generally just step into a church to get that effect.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #469 on: October 28, 2021, 12:22:30 PM »
One of my favorite comedians Tweeted this today.  It isn't meant to be a scientific statement.  Nevertheless, it made me stop in my tracks and ponder it.

82% of Americans are addicted to grievances.

I can't speak to the number but when I watch the news (which I know has a negative slant always) I can't help but muse that it sounds about right.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 12:33:54 PM by Harmony »
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #470 on: October 28, 2021, 01:18:14 PM »
One of my favorite comedians Tweeted this today.  It isn't meant to be a scientific statement.  Nevertheless, it made me stop in my tracks and ponder it.

I can't speak to the number but when I watch the news (which I know has a negative slant always) I can't help but muse that it sounds about right.

Like saying my job is so hard and wanting sympathy for the hard work I do.

Or...

I have it so hard....No, people in the past had it much harder than you. Meaning they had to work more for what they wanted. You wanted food, you have no choice but to grow it. You want to be warm, you had to go out, cut down a tree, chop the wood, and then build it into a fire. That fire also served the purpose of cooking the food.

A lot of people do not realize how easy humans have it today. So much in fact some people can afford to be lazy.

But the industrialization of society into urban life created consequences such as people not being able to acquire land to do these things. Even in sports, it was getting harder to find land to play on and this was needed as a form of leisure for the intense working conditions of the factory jobs. Or else there would've been riots and grievances.

This is a big reason I talk about comforts of life.

While I do enjoy these comforts, I also know they can easily be taken and I will be forced to work harder for the things I want.

But that's how it is right in Capitalist Society, you work hard hours for the money, and that money is based on what exactly? The necessity of the job or the education that you spend many years studying for the degree that gives you more money for being put in debt?

Or, you could just live off the Grid and just work more to survive.

Actually, some people are content with having little of these comforts where they do not take them for granted when given opportunities.

I notice a lot of Americans take this for granted and do not see they have it better than a lot of other people do. Even us Native people are doing better. Humanity in general is acting with more unity than before.

But, as with all things, you have separate ideals and beliefs butting heads, where one way declares itself the one true way all of humanity must abide and live the lifestyle of. Which does not and will never happen until all of humanity sees that we are all the same, only we do things in our own ways, which in turn each of these ways helps the world to continue to spin.

Grievances have occurred for quite a while now, especially during the Industrial Revolution. And I see that happening again as we move further into the newer reality of the Technological Revolution. Which includes the Technology of medicine and vaccines.

The consequences of this will be seen further down the road of future generations, like we are witnessing the consequences of the industrial revolution with the climate, the toxification of the soil and land, and the effects those industrialized products are having on the world itself, all so us humans can enjoy these comforts of these products.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #471 on: October 28, 2021, 01:47:00 PM »
I don't know if it's "I have it so hard", though there is some of that, for sure.   But there's this... adversarial undercurrent in our country that I'm seeing spiralling out of control.  For all the "Boston Strong" community bullshit - and I say that because of what I'm about to say - there's still this wildfire of "don't take no shit from no one"/"don't compromise" that really fuels the personal interactions.  I will gladly debate it, but I think it's a symptom of what I've repeatedly called out, a massive insecurity complex.   I can't let you get one over on me!   Road rage, events on airlines, community meetings that all devolve down to shouting matches, intellectual conversations where ANY pushback is deemed to be a personal affront, the injection of race into every interaction that doesn't come out at least neutral...  we can't seem to work nicely in the spaces.  It's all or nothing.  And it's CERTAINLY not just the deplorables and the Karens.  It takes two to tango, at least according to Dancing With The Stars.

If you view everything as a battle, if you view everything as a zero sum game, then everything WILL be that.  Some of the people that engage in those mini-grievances... I'd love to talk to them a year, or even a month later, and ask them:  do you remember what happened?  And if so, can you name ONE thing in your life that was different (for the better) after that incident?  Did cutting off that guy on the freeway get you a raise?  Did it increase your kids' grades at all?  Did it make your wife/husband/secretary/pool boy any sexier or more desireable?  Did it get your lawn cut? 

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #472 on: October 28, 2021, 01:54:42 PM »

If I go onto facebook, cough I mean meta cough, I would put that number closer to 95% but seriously, 82% could be legit. 

Was talking to my friends recently about a girl we went to high school with who constatnly posted rants and negative things on facebook.  We were questioning how someone could live life so mad at everything all the time?  Isn't that extremely unhealthy and what joy in life are you getting from all that?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #473 on: October 28, 2021, 02:00:16 PM »
Please live off of drama. That's why shows like The Batchelor/Bachelorette does so well.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Harmony

« Reply #474 on: October 28, 2021, 02:04:48 PM »

If I go onto facebook, cough I mean meta cough, I would put that number closer to 95% but seriously, 82% could be legit. 

Was talking to my friends recently about a girl we went to high school with who constatnly posted rants and negative things on facebook.  We were questioning how someone could live life so mad at everything all the time?  Isn't that extremely unhealthy and what joy in life are you getting from all that?

Yeah, what's up with that name?  Barf.  I'm about a minute away from dumping that platform all together.  The only thing keeping me in at this point is not wanting to lose touch with some friends/family and losing all my photos.  I barely ever post anything anymore. 

I look at all of these people literally screaming their heads off at school board meetings (about mask mandates, vaccines, CRT, and I'm certain about a dozen other topics) most of whom don't even have kids in the district, and I'm wondering who is paying these people to act this way?  Yeah, I get people are passionate about things but this is something else.  It's like if we yell loud enough and get the meeting or whatever canceled then we've somehow won.  But they haven't won anything.  Except maybe an ulcer.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #475 on: October 28, 2021, 02:12:09 PM »
I'm also debating about deleting my facebook account, I stopped being active on it awhile ago.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #476 on: October 28, 2021, 03:45:02 PM »
I'm also debating about deleting my facebook account, I stopped being active on it awhile ago.

You know, I wonder if the migration of Myspace users to Facebook, as well as people treating Facebook like it's Myspace has anything to do with Facebook being what it is today.

Myspace was awesome and was great for being your own social page where you can upload and post about whatever you feel showing on your page. I think it was better in that it made people learn coding in order to make fancy animated backgrounds.

Let's just blame Tom for his dumbest decision when he changed the Myspace format to be like Facebook. That was a deathblow to Myspace and the beginning of the mass migration over to Facebook.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #477 on: October 28, 2021, 03:52:41 PM »

Don't.   Just skip on by. All social media is bad if you let it get to you.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #478 on: October 28, 2021, 04:45:46 PM »
I deleted FB in 2011 and never went back. Don't miss it.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #479 on: October 28, 2021, 05:01:36 PM »
People simply have to manufacture outrage over nothing.  jingle.son was just reading a story how PETA wants MLB to rename the Bullpen, "in favor of a more modern, animal-friendly term".  I'm not making this shit up.

https://www.peta.org/media/news-releases/petas-call-to-the-bullpen-rename-outdated-term-arm-barn/

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #480 on: October 28, 2021, 05:06:38 PM »
 :angry: i demand we change the name of The Flea.

They do not flee AT ALL !!! They stick around !!!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #481 on: October 28, 2021, 05:12:30 PM »

Don't.   Just skip on by. All social media is bad if you let it get to you.

Skipping on by is not interesting at all on facebook.  Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

I deleted FB in 2011 and never went back. Don't miss it.

Basically everyone I know who has deleted it has said the same thing. 

I enjoy my twitter feed 1000 times more.  Or even my instagram feed is way more enjoyable even though it's still owned by facebook.

Offline Spiritus

« Reply #482 on: October 28, 2021, 05:13:47 PM »
Lol, yea all those outraged animals marching and protesting. People suck

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #483 on: October 28, 2021, 05:13:54 PM »
I dunno if you can mute people on FB but you can on twitter - but they obvs dont know it - You can still follow them but not see their posts.

It's like a friendlier block.

Also if you don't want someone following you but you don't want to block them - you block them then immediately unblock them and they're no longer following you.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #484 on: October 28, 2021, 07:59:18 PM »
This is in no way to disparage any of my fellow DTFers on this page, but any mention of Facebook in anyone's lives makes my eyes roll. I don't have a Facebook, and I don't give a fuck. I don't have a Twitter and who fucking cares. I don't have an Instagram, and I'm peachy as shit.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just an old fart, and maybe if I was 15, I'd might be into these things.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #485 on: October 28, 2021, 08:08:07 PM »
Skipping idiot's post help you internally Marc.  So many better posts to respond to than negative posts.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #486 on: October 28, 2021, 08:28:05 PM »
This is in no way to disparage any of my fellow DTFers on this page, but any mention of Facebook in anyone's lives makes my eyes roll. I don't have a Facebook, and I don't give a fuck. I don't have a Twitter and who fucking cares. I don't have an Instagram, and I'm peachy as shit.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just an old fart, and maybe if I was 15, I'd might be into these things.

That's the thing... 15 year olds don't give a fuck about FB either.   :lol

And yes, you're an old fart.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #487 on: October 28, 2021, 08:33:34 PM »
I feel like my life would be a lot less fun without Facebook. DTF is the last remaining forum that I post on. The dozens of RC clubs and forums I belong to have all closed and are now on Facebook. Every hobby I participate in basically requires Facebook in order to stay up to date with who's doing what and what's happening when. I miss forums, man. They were perfect for hobbies. Any that remain are complete ghost towns.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #488 on: October 28, 2021, 08:37:43 PM »
In a way, I might be a bit hypocritical because I am active here, so I do have an online..presence. But if DTF disappeared tomorrow, I pretty my much have text and email connections with those that I am most in touch with here. If DTF suddenly showed up as a FB Only thing...I'd have to seriously think about it. Not sure what I'd do.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #489 on: October 28, 2021, 08:57:45 PM »
People are so dramatic about social media.  No one can just scroll by anymore.  L:ive is full of things we don't agree about.  Too many people take it personally and feel the need to act accordingly instead of scrolling by and ignoring.