Author Topic: Things I find a tad exasperating v.3  (Read 106014 times)

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Things I find a tad exasperating v.3
« Reply #2450 on: August 01, 2023, 11:34:08 PM »
It's pretty funny though how the dog is looking straight at you.  Like he knows he's pissing you off.  :lol

He's even sticking his tongue out at him... :biggrin:

Haha, I thought that too but zooming in I think it's just different colour fur maybe?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #2451 on: August 02, 2023, 06:53:45 AM »
I see no evidence that the dog isn’t driving.

There's definitely a bitch driving, not sure if it's the dog though.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #2452 on: August 02, 2023, 07:21:14 AM »
Eh, when I was a kid, we always went for car rides with the dog - the dog loved it, even sitting just like that as my dad drove.  But we never brought the dog INTO a store.  We might get ice cream, but the dog always waited outside with the family, or we might be going to a family member's house, so the dog could play with their dog. 

I don't mind when people bring their dogs in the car, but I do agree that there are places where dogs should definitely not go, regardless of whether the owner thinks that they are well-behaved dogs, or if the dogs are "their children." 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2453 on: August 02, 2023, 08:51:50 AM »
If that person's driving was an issue, yeah, I'd be pissed too.  Otherwise, I don't think I'd care about a dog in the front like that. It's a small dog.  Should it be allowed? I'd say no, but we see people on their phones all the time and that's against the law.  Most people are just shit drivers to begin wiht so my annoyance level would entirely depend on that persons driving first before caring about the dog.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2454 on: August 02, 2023, 09:26:10 AM »
If that person's driving was an issue, yeah, I'd be pissed too.  Otherwise, I don't think I'd care about a dog in the front like that. It's a small dog.  Should it be allowed? I'd say no, but we see people on their phones all the time and that's against the law.  Most people are just shit drivers to begin wiht so my annoyance level would entirely depend on that persons driving first before caring about the dog.

I had to read this a couple of times but you are saying the it shouldn’t be allowed. That’s good.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2455 on: August 02, 2023, 09:34:41 AM »
This lady and her dog can fuck right off.

[pic]

I took this picture at a light. Dogs do not belong in the front seat. If your dog can't drive, it shouldn't be behind the wheel. When I'm in charge, my Auto Safety Policy will definitely include a No Dogs In The Front Seat clause.

Not so much the dog, but I'm right there with you.  Fucking just leave your dog at home.

Oh you know it. We went to Lowe's a few weeks ago, and one dog puked in the outdoor garden area, and another dog pissed on a tree in the parking lot. WTF? What if I pissed on a tree in the parking lot?

Then you'd be eligible to move to San Francisco.   :biggrin:

This lady and her dog can fuck right off.

[pic]

I took this picture at a light. Dogs do not belong in the front seat. If your dog can't drive, it shouldn't be behind the wheel. When I'm in charge, my Auto Safety Policy will definitely include a No Dogs In The Front Seat clause.

Not so much the dog, but I'm right there with you.  Fucking just leave your dog at home.

Depends on the type of place you reside. In an urban city, I could agree with you. In a Rural town with a lot of area for the dog to freely roam, I disagree with you. There are also interesting terms we have in regards where I reside. Rez Dogs are able to roam on the rez. It's very fascinating that even Dogs are now being discussed in terms of how they should live.  :lol :lol

I have no idea what a "Rez Dog" is (some sort of rapper?), but I don't really follow this.  Obviously, if you're going to a park or something to play with the dog, you have to have the dog with you, but it should NOT be in the driver's lap.  And dogs roaming around in a rural area are fine, but that's not what's depicted in Tim's picutre.  Otherwise, leave the dog at home.

And Service Dogs ....this takes me to a larger gripe, but everyone wants their fucking fido with them wherever they go. A service animal, or even a prescribed comfort dog should have an orange vest on with a visible license.
Business owners are afraid to confront anyone with a dog because they'll probably end up on someone's tiktiok feed as discriminating against people that need comfort animals and how they don't understand mental health.

This x1000.  I know people who raise and train legit service dogs.  That's awesome, and people who are using genuine service dogs usually have the dog properly vested.  But fuck "comfort dogs."
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2456 on: August 02, 2023, 10:26:38 AM »

Oh you know it. We went to Lowe's a few weeks ago, and one dog puked in the outdoor garden area, and another dog pissed on a tree in the parking lot. WTF? What if I pissed on a tree in the parking lot?

I thought only service dogs were allowed in places like Lowe's? and also, it's a fucking tree, and dogs need to pee too. SO, you would just pee on yourself rather than relieving yourself from a natural instinct?  :lol

I just can't whip it out and relieve myself in the parking lot at Lowes. And Service Dogs ....this takes me to a larger gripe, but everyone wants their fucking fido with them wherever they go. A service animal, or even a prescribed comfort dog should have an orange vest on with a visible license.
Business owners are afraid to confront anyone with a dog because they'll probably end up on someone's tiktiok feed as discriminating against people that need comfort animals and how they don't understand mental health.

Even though I'm the resident "mental wellness" guy, I'm trending toward being with you on that.  It seems to me that more often than not, the "service dogs" are just family pets brought along for the ride.   (I was in the Charlotte airport a while back - before COVID - and a woman came in the bar and sat next to me and ordered a salad; the bartender didn't see her dog with her, and after the salad was delivered said "we only allow service animals in here" and the woman said "she is a service animal".   Bartenders said "do you have her papers?"   Lady upped and left, salad uneaten (and unpaid for).)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2457 on: August 02, 2023, 10:37:32 AM »

I thought only service dogs were allowed in places like Lowe's? and also, it's a fucking tree, and dogs need to pee too. SO, you would just pee on yourself rather than relieving yourself from a natural instinct?  :lol

I just can't whip it out and relieve myself in the parking lot at Lowes. And Service Dogs ....this takes me to a larger gripe, but everyone wants their fucking fido with them wherever they go. A service animal, or even a prescribed comfort dog should have an orange vest on with a visible license.

Even though I'm the resident "mental wellness" guy, I'm trending toward being with you on that.  It seems to me that more often than not, the "service dogs" are just family pets brought along for the ride.   (I was in the Charlotte airport a while back - before COVID - and a woman came in the bar and sat next to me and ordered a salad; the bartender didn't see her dog with her, and after the salad was delivered said "we only allow service animals in here" and the woman said "she is a service animal".   Bartenders said "do you have her papers?"   Lady upped and left, salad uneaten (and unpaid for).)
Yeah, I'd say that's on the bartender.

I guess I'm going to be the outlier here. Not at all unusual, but odd given the topic. Why should I care if somebody brings their dog to Lowes? I like dogs, and I don't recall ever seeing people with poorly behaved dogs in the store. Down here, at least, the people who do that know their dogs to be well behaved and not a problem. Seriously, given a choice between a dog and a kid shopping at the store I'll take the dog 100 times out of 100. Not only do I like dogs more, they're far, far less likely to actively bother me.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2458 on: August 02, 2023, 10:40:26 AM »
Maybe if Tim pet a dog or a cat once in a while, he'd be less of a malcontent.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2459 on: August 02, 2023, 10:41:58 AM »
I have no problems people bringing dogs places, as long as they're not taking dumps in doors or something.

And I say this as someone who went to the hospital after being attacked by a dog in a park.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2460 on: August 02, 2023, 10:47:16 AM »

Yeah, I'd say that's on the bartender.

I guess I'm going to be the outlier here. Not at all unusual, but odd given the topic. Why should I care if somebody brings their dog to Lowes? I like dogs, and I don't recall ever seeing people with poorly behaved dogs in the store. Down here, at least, the people who do that know their dogs to be well behaved and not a problem. Seriously, given a choice between a dog and a kid shopping at the store I'll take the dog 100 times out of 100. Not only do I like dogs more, they're far, far less likely to actively bother me.

Well, for me, the answer is the same as in the kid discussion that Harmony started:  I don't mind the dogs either, I mind the ADULTS with the dogs.   It bugs the crap out of me how many people believe the rules don't apply to them (but miraculously are STICKLERS for the rules when it's someone else, or Donald Trump! but that's another story). 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2461 on: August 02, 2023, 11:04:05 AM »

I had to read this a couple of times but you are saying the it shouldn’t be allowed. That’s good.

Yeah, it doesn't bother me as long as the person is driving fine, but it should be against the law (if it isn't).

Maybe if Tim pet a dog or a cat once in a while, he'd be less of a malcontent.

:lol

I think the problem with the dogs in public is that it takes one bad dog to ruin it.  Like 95% of the dogs I encounter in public don't bother me one bit, but there's always that one dog that's not well behaved.  I can see it from Tim's perspective at work where the one dog causes issues and now it's a problem for the store, that kind of jades the experience where the rest of the dogs are a non issue. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2462 on: August 02, 2023, 11:07:34 AM »
Sort of like a human, Marc.  One bad apple..... LOL
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2463 on: August 02, 2023, 11:15:25 AM »
Sort of like a human, Marc.  One bad apple..... LOL

Yup and I'm sure it comes back the owner of the dog.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2464 on: August 02, 2023, 11:37:01 AM »
Always does.  A pit bull doesn't have to be a mean machine.  It can be a lovable dog.  I never get why people would want to own vicious animals.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #2465 on: August 02, 2023, 12:14:47 PM »
Always does.  A pit bull doesn't have to be a mean machine.  It can be a lovable dog.  I never get why people would want to own vicious animals.
To look and feel tough

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2466 on: August 02, 2023, 12:27:20 PM »

To participate in Dog Fighting.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2467 on: August 02, 2023, 12:30:24 PM »

And those owners should be jailed.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2468 on: August 02, 2023, 01:50:03 PM »
Seriously, given a choice between a dog and a kid shopping at the store I'll take the dog 100 times out of 100. Not only do I like dogs more, they're far, far less likely to actively bother me.

+1000

I've never been a tad exasperated by a dog, but I'm continually exasperated by people.
I have always found it quaint, and rather touching, that there is a movement in the U.S. that thinks Americans are not yet selfish enough.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2469 on: August 02, 2023, 02:47:04 PM »

And those owners should be jailed.

Yeah, it's straight up animal cruelty how they raise them. It's the reason why Rottweilers and Pitbulls get a bad rep of being aggressive dogs. Only due to them being rescue dogs.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2470 on: August 02, 2023, 03:58:55 PM »
Mostly,  trained that way Ben.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2471 on: August 02, 2023, 05:13:35 PM »
Pit bulls. First off, being declared a dangerous breed was the best thing that could have ever happened to them. The truth is that they just don't have much to offer, aside from loyalty. There are smarter dogs. There are more fun dogs. There are a whole helluva lot of better looking dogs (all of them, I reckon). There are dogs you want for your kids. It goes on and on. Pit bulls rank between average and low end in nearly every quality, save for loyalty. To be fair, that is a damned important quality in a dog, but it's not like golden retrievers are just itching to stab you in the back or anything, and they bring plenty more to the table.

Secondly, I don't buy it's all about training and upbringing. There's something dark rolling around in those dogs' heads. Plenty of people have owned the sweetest, most caring dog in the world that suddenly up and mauled somebody to death (or ate their owner--plenty of grizzly examples). Very dear friends of mine own two, and I'm pretty fond of one of them (and likewise). It took the quiet one a while to cotton to me, but she did and she's thrilled to death whenever I show up for dinner. If things ever turned seriously bad, there's nobody in the world I'd rather have in my corner than that dog. I'm always mindful of that that dog's capable of, and the unpredictable nature of the shy, quiet dog, though. Suffice it to say, when I started hanging out with them regularly one of the things I did was to research how to kill a dog with your bare hands, just in case.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2472 on: August 02, 2023, 05:21:15 PM »
Sure they are dogs that lean to tough, protective but how you are around them and how you train them helps towards how they handle themselves around other people.

You are aggressive,  they are aggressive.   You are gentle,  loving, the will not be as aggressive.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2473 on: August 02, 2023, 05:23:41 PM »
Pit bulls have a loose end upstairs.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2474 on: August 02, 2023, 08:25:38 PM »
Family portraits. I hate everything about this process, but dealing with the photographer never fails to be exasperating.

Photographer: "Ok, now sir, please rotate your waist slightly to the left, tilt your head toward your wife, bend your right knee slightly, point your left food forward, separate your feet about 6 more inches, put one arm around your wife's shoulders, take her hand in your other, hold it about waist high, square your shoulders toward me but look slightly off to your right, that's great, now smile and look natural."
Me: "NOTHING ABOUT THE WAY I AM STANDING IS NATURAL."
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2475 on: August 02, 2023, 08:30:02 PM »
Family portraits. I hate everything about this process, but dealing with the photographer never fails to be exasperating.

Photographer: "Ok, now sir, please rotate your waist slightly to the left, tilt your head toward your wife, bend your right knee slightly, point your left food forward, separate your feet about 6 more inches, put one arm around your wife's shoulders, take her hand in your other, hold it about waist high, square your shoulders toward me but look slightly off to your right, that's great, now smile and look natural."

Is it a photographer or a porn director?

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2476 on: August 02, 2023, 09:04:20 PM »

Did you stand nuts to butts with mrs?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2477 on: August 03, 2023, 06:41:27 AM »
Pit bulls. First off, being declared a dangerous breed was the best thing that could have ever happened to them. The truth is that they just don't have much to offer, aside from loyalty. There are smarter dogs. There are more fun dogs. There are a whole helluva lot of better looking dogs (all of them, I reckon). There are dogs you want for your kids. It goes on and on. Pit bulls rank between average and low end in nearly every quality, save for loyalty. To be fair, that is a damned important quality in a dog, but it's not like golden retrievers are just itching to stab you in the back or anything, and they bring plenty more to the table.

Secondly, I don't buy it's all about training and upbringing. There's something dark rolling around in those dogs' heads. Plenty of people have owned the sweetest, most caring dog in the world that suddenly up and mauled somebody to death (or ate their owner--plenty of grizzly examples).
Agreed 100% with every word of this.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2478 on: August 03, 2023, 06:46:57 AM »
Secondly, I don't buy it's all about training and upbringing. There's something dark rolling around in those dogs' heads. Plenty of people have owned the sweetest, most caring dog in the world that suddenly up and mauled somebody to death (or ate their owner--plenty of grizzly examples).

Maybe they're just excellent judges of character.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2479 on: August 03, 2023, 06:59:57 AM »

Secondly, I don't buy it's all about training and upbringing. There's something dark rolling around in those dogs' heads. Plenty of people have owned the sweetest, most caring dog in the world that suddenly up and mauled somebody to death (or ate their owner--plenty of grizzly examples). Very dear friends of mine own two, and I'm pretty fond of one of them (and likewise). It took the quiet one a while to cotton to me, but she did and she's thrilled to death whenever I show up for dinner. If things ever turned seriously bad, there's nobody in the world I'd rather have in my corner than that dog. I'm always mindful of that that dog's capable of, and the unpredictable nature of the shy, quiet dog, though. Suffice it to say, when I started hanging out with them regularly one of the things I did was to research how to kill a dog with your bare hands, just in case.

I wouldn't have expected anything less, and it's one of the things I (deeply) admire about you.  :)

I've hesitated to join this, because I didn't quite know what to say, but El Barto kind of captured it.   I have four dogs (well, two, my daughter has one and my step son another) and two of the four have that "we're very nice, but we're DOGS" nature.  Our Boston Terrier is the sweetest dog... until he's not.  Yes, its very very rare that he's not, but he's a DOG. 

But I really wanted to write about my step sons previous dog.  Part pitbull, part boxer and maybe a lab in the woodpile somewhere.  That dog was professionally trained, and very well behaved, but she could also be vicious.  There were many people that never got on her good side; for some reason she loved me and so she came to stay with us while my son was at basic training.  I loved her, and each night she would lay on the couch and put her head in my lap, or we would - and I'm being serious - hold hands (she would put her paw in my hand). But you could never forget she was a DOG and could be dangerous.  I never put my face near hers, and we would always have the sun room open to put her in there if someone came by, or she got too aggressive. We finally had to put her down (cancer) and I miss her to this day, but dogs like that are a responsibility.  They aren't dogs you can just let into the yard and let them run.  Also, kids are a factor; kids don't always know to not stick their fingers in a dog's face, or whatever.   

I think the point is, it's complicated; she was an amazing dog.  Smart, well-behaved for the most part, but NOT a human.  NOT an animal you could leave unattended. It's a responsibility having a dog like that.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #2480 on: August 03, 2023, 07:20:00 AM »
We've done a ton of dog sitting and fostering over the last 6 or 7 years. Well over 100 dogs have been through our home in that time. The pit bulls and pitty mixes are basically always delightful. We had one pit bull that we watched several time. Freaking huge and solid muscle. Looked like it could tear you in half in about 10 seconds if it wanted to (probably could have), but it was absolutely the sweetest dog in the world. His wagging tail practically left bruises he was so strong and always super happy to see you. The meanest dogs are the ones that are bred to be cute. We have a Teddy Bear (some sort of small fuzzy poodle mix, see photo below) at our home right now and that thing is evil. Third dog of that breed we've watched and they're all nasty and obnoxious. The only dog I've ever had bite me was one of these.

I hate these types of dogs. Really, really, really hate them. They're awful. Give me a pitty any day.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2481 on: August 03, 2023, 07:22:46 AM »
Small dog syndrome.  :lol
HIS/HE/HIM

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2482 on: August 03, 2023, 07:23:38 AM »

Large picture syndrome. ;D

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2483 on: August 03, 2023, 07:24:57 AM »

:lol.

That thing probably drives itself around the city, too.
HIS/HE/HIM

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #2484 on: August 03, 2023, 07:44:08 AM »

Sorry, just grabbed a random phot off the internet. Didn't know how to resize it here.