Author Topic: Things I find a tad exasperating v.3  (Read 115976 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Things I find a tad exasperating v.3
« Reply #1540 on: December 06, 2022, 07:57:30 AM »
I saw that on FB and thought it was hilarious.  Nothing racist about it, or about you.

I don't think this person really knows what "racist" means.

I'm with Hef on this one.  I'm quarter Polack on my dad's side (my dad spoke only Polish until he went to grade school) and I think that's  funny as hell.
:tup
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1541 on: December 06, 2022, 08:25:19 AM »
Went over to facebook....

:lol (I'm part Polish myself)

I wouldn't get too beat up over it, people are stupid

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1542 on: December 06, 2022, 08:37:31 AM »
The Adderall shortage.

So I started taking like 9 months ago and it completely changed my life. I've been able to focus and feel normal. Like it's amazing.

Anyways there's been a shortage for a while, and that combined with the fact that it's a federally regulated drug (lol amphetamines), makes it a huge pain in the ass to get. It can only be filled every 30 days... Which gives me a very small window to get it filled before I thn out. Add in the fact that once I am able to try to fill it, I have to play the game of "what can the pharmacy get ahold of and have my doctor adjust my Rx to March that (luckily I have 2 different doses I take through out the day and can adjust a little depending on what's going on... As well as use my smaller afternoon dose pills as a replacement for my larger extended release dose I take in the morning...)

Currently I'm sitting at my pharmacy while the scramble to try to figure out the puzzle needed to get me my meds. I'm just lucky that the new pharmacist here actually gives a shit. The pharmacist here (Walmart... Yea I know) used to just blow shit off...
That's why the cool kids just do meth. Cheaper and easier to get.  :lol

The trick to scheduled narcotics is to squirrel a few away every month. Find days or times when you can skip a dose and do so. Maybe you can skip a weekend day or something. Still refill it every 30 days. If you figure out a pattern you can get a decent supply for rainy days built up pretty quickly. Anybody with a Xanax prescription has mastered the art of stockpiling.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1543 on: December 06, 2022, 09:15:37 AM »
So I went on Twitter (thanks, Joe!), and now I'm exasperated.    First, I'm officially on the "political tweets are a waste of humanity". These people are morons; they are completely ignorant of the irony of them "standing for democracy" while trying to deny that very same thing to people whose opinions they don't approve.  And second, I'm officially on the "Americans are just NOT THAT FUNNY" bandwagon.  I saw a Tweet about the guy that took the picture of the iron workers sitting on the girder in New York, and every third tweet was some equally un-funny variation on "hey, I want to see a picture of the guy taking the picture of the guy taking the picture of the guys sitting on the iron beam".  WTF.   Don't you have something better to do? 

The Chinese are laughing at us.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1544 on: December 06, 2022, 09:23:35 AM »
So I went on Twitter (thanks, Joe!), and now I'm exasperated.    First, I'm officially on the "political tweets are a waste of humanity". These people are morons; they are completely ignorant of the irony of them "standing for democracy" while trying to deny that very same thing to people whose opinions they don't approve.  And second, I'm officially on the "Americans are just NOT THAT FUNNY" bandwagon.  I saw a Tweet about the guy that took the picture of the iron workers sitting on the girder in New York, and every third tweet was some equally un-funny variation on "hey, I want to see a picture of the guy taking the picture of the guy taking the picture of the guys sitting on the iron beam".  WTF.   Don't you have something better to do? 

The Chinese are laughing at us.

Don't limit it to just the Chinese.  That's racist!   :lol :lol :lol  jk, of course.

But seriously, it's not just the Chinese.  It'd be an even better laugh if so many of the moronic things to laugh at you (US) about weren't also bleeding into the culture up here.

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1545 on: December 06, 2022, 09:39:18 AM »
Considering China blocks twitter, no they aren't laughing at us about that :biggrin:

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1546 on: December 06, 2022, 10:11:59 AM »
I don't think most even know what racism is anymore. It's just a buzzword, a catchphrase to most.

Like Tim said, Joe, fuck that guy.  Tell him to fuck himself, unfriend him and move on. 

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1547 on: December 06, 2022, 10:20:25 AM »
The Adderall shortage.

So I started taking like 9 months ago and it completely changed my life. I've been able to focus and feel normal. Like it's amazing.

Anyways there's been a shortage for a while, and that combined with the fact that it's a federally regulated drug (lol amphetamines), makes it a huge pain in the ass to get. It can only be filled every 30 days... Which gives me a very small window to get it filled before I thn out. Add in the fact that once I am able to try to fill it, I have to play the game of "what can the pharmacy get ahold of and have my doctor adjust my Rx to March that (luckily I have 2 different doses I take through out the day and can adjust a little depending on what's going on... As well as use my smaller afternoon dose pills as a replacement for my larger extended release dose I take in the morning...)

Currently I'm sitting at my pharmacy while the scramble to try to figure out the puzzle needed to get me my meds. I'm just lucky that the new pharmacist here actually gives a shit. The pharmacist here (Walmart... Yea I know) used to just blow shit off...
That's why the cool kids just do meth. Cheaper and easier to get.  :lol

The trick to scheduled narcotics is to squirrel a few away every month. Find days or times when you can skip a dose and do so. Maybe you can skip a weekend day or something. Still refill it every 30 days. If you figure out a pattern you can get a decent supply for rainy days built up pretty quickly. Anybody with a Xanax prescription has mastered the art of stockpiling.  :lol

Oh believe me... I stockpile as much as I can, but my reserves are running low :lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1548 on: December 06, 2022, 10:35:36 AM »
I don't think most even know what racism is anymore. It's just a buzzword, a catchphrase to most.

Like Tim said, Joe, fuck that guy.  Tell him to fuck himself, unfriend him and move on.

Is was so out of left field so it saw shocking to me.  I'd rather be a thorn in his side now seeing my silly posts and let his head spin.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1549 on: December 06, 2022, 11:15:54 AM »
On the subject of "a tad exasperating"/"mildly irritating":

Buying a box of taco shells and finding that literally half of them are broken to the point of being usable as taco shells.  I can still put them in a bowl with the meat and other stuff, but if I wanted that, I'd have bought a bag of tortilla chips.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1550 on: December 06, 2022, 11:32:27 AM »

Buying a box of taco shells and finding that literally half of them are broken to the point of being usable as taco shells.  I can still put them in a bowl with the meat and other stuff, but if I wanted that, I'd have bought a bag of tortilla chips.
Yeah, I've had that happen a few times.  Very frustrating.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1551 on: December 06, 2022, 11:35:42 AM »

Several podcasts I listen to have hosts that seem to have bought into the "zero tolerance" mindset (for lack of a better phrase) and when bringing up old media, pictures, stories, etc. and looking at them through a 2022 lens there's a ton of things where the reaction is "oof, that's a bit problematic..." and the like. I'm not talking about egregious examples of racism and stereotyping since most levelheaded people would agree on those but there seems to be a very low bar for what is considered racist nowadays.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1552 on: December 06, 2022, 12:03:50 PM »

Yup, I agree. Most don't even feel that non-white, non-conservative, non-male humans can be racist as well. And it's only white, conservative, males that can exhibit Racism.

Racism is weird though because people think a persons "Race" is based on skin color and that is just not true at all. Race is a term to divide and categorize people into groups that share similar traits. This is why even though people can share the same skin tone, they might not identify as being of same race. I know many people who have light skin tone and identify as being Native American, this is because tribe recognizes them as being a member of the tribe, and every Native Tribe has their own ways to determine Tribal Eligibility.

It's the same with Jewish people, they're apparently supposed to be brown in skin color, but yet they have many light skin Jews such as Ben Shapiro. Are they considered "White" people? I don't classify based on skin color, I classify based on identity, and I won't know unless I ask someone.

This is why I really am exasperated with Gender Identity and those that expect me to automatically assume thier gender. I can't read peoples minds, so if I notice, I'll ask. Only after asking and confirming my assumptions, will I classify a person as being however they identify.

Human psychology and behavior is very fascinating to me.

King, don't sweat about it. If you know you are not a racist, don't let anyone bring you down over a joke. A great quote I love is, "If you can't laugh at yourself."

It's true, it's true. We're so lame.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1553 on: December 06, 2022, 12:11:36 PM »

Several podcasts I listen to have hosts that seem to have bought into the "zero tolerance" mindset (for lack of a better phrase) and when bringing up old media, pictures, stories, etc. and looking at them through a 2022 lens there's a ton of things where the reaction is "oof, that's a bit problematic..." and the like. I'm not talking about egregious examples of racism and stereotyping since most levelheaded people would agree on those but there seems to be a very low bar for what is considered racist nowadays.

"Zero tolerance" to me, these days, reads as "I don't want to have to explain myself, so toe the line or GTFO."   More divisiveness, more exclusivity, more "you're with us or you're against us".

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1554 on: December 06, 2022, 12:13:54 PM »
Did I somehow stumble through a wormhole to the P/R section of the site?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1555 on: December 06, 2022, 02:05:30 PM »

Or trying to make your taco and it breaks when you place the stuff into it.  Or you bite into it and the entire shell comes apart leaving you with a pile.

That's the only reason I don't really like eating tacos, because then I start thinking "what is the point of the taco shell".

Now street tacos on the other hand, have amazing taco shells because they come flat and are easy to fold.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1556 on: December 06, 2022, 03:15:41 PM »

Or trying to make your taco and it breaks when you place the stuff into it.  Or you bite into it and the entire shell comes apart leaving you with a pile.

That's the only reason I don't really like eating tacos, because then I start thinking "what is the point of the taco shell".

Now street tacos on the other hand, have amazing taco shells because they come flat and are easy to fold.

I can usually manage to keep the shell together for about 3 bites.  The last couple bites are a bit of a challenge.  Sometimes we get corn tortillas and fry them ourselves, but that's (a) a bit of a hassle and (b) a completely different taste.  Sometimes the store bought hard shells are just what you want.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1557 on: December 06, 2022, 03:22:48 PM »
I've moved to soft tacos over the years.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1558 on: December 06, 2022, 03:23:18 PM »
Definitely soft tacos.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1559 on: December 06, 2022, 03:36:08 PM »

"Zero tolerance" to me, these days, reads as "I don't want to have to explain myself, so toe the line or GTFO."   More divisiveness, more exclusivity, more "you're with us or you're against us".

Agreed. I also hate the "silence is complicity" BS line that some love to trot out these days.  No, silence is not complicity. Some people just want to live their lives and not be dragged into every social justice fight. 

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1560 on: December 06, 2022, 03:39:55 PM »

I can usually manage to keep the shell together for about 3 bites.  The last couple bites are a bit of a challenge.  Sometimes we get corn tortillas and fry them ourselves, but that's (a) a bit of a hassle and (b) a completely different taste.  Sometimes the store bought hard shells are just what you want.

Yup...We usually like to get the blue corn taco shells. Because they're blue corn, they taste better to me. :biggrin:

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1561 on: December 06, 2022, 03:44:02 PM »
Some people just want to live their lives and not be dragged into every social justice fight. 

If only oppressed minorities had that option. In any case, silence may or may not be complicity, but it certainly makes the job of people who are complicit much easier.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1562 on: December 06, 2022, 03:55:32 PM »
Some people just want to live their lives and not be dragged into every social justice fight. 

If only oppressed minorities had that option. In any case, silence may or may not be complicity, but it certainly makes the job of people who are complicit much easier.

What are you, fucking Superman flying in and out of every conflict? Have you dedicated your life to fighting oppression? Or on some days do you just want to live your own life as it were?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1563 on: December 06, 2022, 04:00:39 PM »
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1564 on: December 06, 2022, 04:06:39 PM »
You can't make your Ivory Tower comments to Kev, and then get all defensive when it gets turned back on you.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1565 on: December 06, 2022, 04:07:51 PM »
I felt hurt that the guy thought it was an attack. I figured my past history would prove that. There are memes I've seen that I definitely wouldn't post because it could be biting. I try to always be careful about it.

Maybe he had a bad day or felt it an attack but he should have PM'd me since he knew me.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1566 on: December 06, 2022, 04:09:31 PM »
You can't make your Ivory Tower comments to Kev, and then get all defensive when it gets turned back on you.

Your flaw is assuming that I believe that I am non-complicit. In any case, my reply to you was a comment on the quality of your argument, not my character (i.e. I could be a raging hypocrite and still be correct.)

The concept of silence/apathy enabling bad people is not even a new concept or argument. John Stuart Mills was saying such in 1867.

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion. Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing. He is not a good man who, without a protest, allows wrong to be committed in his name, and with the means which he helps to supply, because he will not trouble himself to use his mind on the subject.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 04:15:39 PM by XJDenton »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1567 on: December 06, 2022, 04:13:21 PM »
OK. Now I'm confused. Whatever.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1568 on: December 06, 2022, 05:16:07 PM »
Don't bother, Tim.  It's a waste of time and energy.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1569 on: December 07, 2022, 01:31:27 AM »
OK. Now I'm confused. Whatever.

Well, if you'd like me to clarify things over PM, let me know.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1570 on: December 07, 2022, 03:53:57 AM »
We live in a world where you post a password joke meme with a soccer players last name and your called a racist for it. Chad and RJ know about it. The guy knows me. I was so upset about it I didn't sleep well last night.

I think my past history shows I'm not that. The world we live in these days.

No idea what this is really all about besides what's here but from the short time I've really gotten to know you more Joe, I don't need to know what this is about to know you're a fucking fine person with a heart of gold and no traces of anything like this in you.

Don't lose sleep over shit people mate that just simply talk shit.  Fuck them!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1571 on: December 07, 2022, 06:10:52 AM »

Definitely soft tacos.

You can both get medication for that, eh?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1572 on: December 07, 2022, 06:15:34 AM »

Definitely soft tacos.

You can both get medication for that, eh?
Why not both?

This is how I make tacos. No beans for me though, I use sour cream.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1573 on: December 07, 2022, 06:57:39 AM »
I like those at restaurants.  I tend to be lazy at home.  LOL

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1574 on: December 07, 2022, 07:10:08 AM »
Hard taco in the soft taco is where it's at. I had a couple of them with ground turkey last night! (once you put on all the taco seasonings that come in the kits, as well as the other fixings, the ground turkey doesn't taste much different than beef)