Author Topic: Things I find a tad exasperating v.3  (Read 115981 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Things I find a tad exasperating v.3
« Reply #1505 on: November 30, 2022, 10:20:48 AM »
I expect people to be honest. That is a crime Ben. Even if it's a mistake.  That woman is stealing his money. There's no debate here.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1506 on: November 30, 2022, 10:23:28 AM »
I expect people to be honest. That is a crime Ben. Even if it's a mistake.  That woman is stealing his money. There's no debate here.

Not reading Ben's posts, but I did do a quick google search on this. Can't find any evidence that accepting a venmo sent you by mistake is a crime. Seems legal.

Many posts, however, about how people should NOT refund an accidental venmo cash send because it could be a scam. Doesn't sound like this was her thought process though.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1507 on: November 30, 2022, 10:24:16 AM »
He did own up to his mistake, dude. Terrible take, Ben. Terrible.

This

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1508 on: November 30, 2022, 10:32:35 AM »
A: Chino owned up to it in a big, big way.
B: He explained that it was her shit attitude that was the problem. She was essentially rubbing it in.

So yeah, bad take.

Also, it's unfortunate but not surprising that if a bank accidentally gives you money (it's happened to me) it's a crime to refuse to give it back. If a citizen does it they're fucked. Gotta make sure we look after the right interests, after all.

I'd probably lean towards Jingle's approach. "Best $350 I've ever spent. A+++++++."
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1509 on: November 30, 2022, 10:59:14 AM »

Not reading Ben's posts, but I did do a quick google search on this. Can't find any evidence that accepting a venmo sent you by mistake is a crime. Seems legal.

Many posts, however, about how people should NOT refund an accidental venmo cash send because it could be a scam. Doesn't sound like this was her thought process though.
This is a common scam. If anyone accidentally sends you money, you tell them to have Venmo or Paypal or whatever refund it. Do not send it back yourself.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1510 on: November 30, 2022, 11:25:25 AM »

Few years back I received $900 through Zelle (I don't use Venmo). I immediately contacted the bank and told them I did not know the sender and to send it back and the response was "We can't send it back it the money was transferred through a cash app. If the person request the money, We do not recommend you send it back since it could compromise your account and we are not responsible for it. Keep the money in your account and let the sender dispute it with his bank". Few days later articles started coming up that people's accounts were being hacked through this method. I believe Zelle lets you "cancel" the transfer if you send it to the wrong person, I guess Venmo doesn't have that.

I agree with Chino that the frustrating part was that she responded, and was kind of mocking him about it.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1511 on: November 30, 2022, 11:27:31 AM »
I wonder if she thought Chino was trying to scam her and she was responding the way some of us might to a Nigerian prince. We all know Chino isn't a scammer, but to her, she might just be thinking that she's not going to fall for it.

Edit: or she’s just a dick.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 03:19:42 PM by Adami »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1512 on: November 30, 2022, 11:27:40 AM »
Adami,  you are correct. You have to go back to the bank to get your money back if you have coverage.

I still personally look at it as theft since the female knew it was sent in error.  I would spam her face on every sociL media calling her a Thief. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1513 on: November 30, 2022, 12:08:16 PM »
Adami,  you are correct. You have to go back to the bank to get your money back if you have coverage.

I still personally look at it as theft since the female knew it was sent in error.  I would spam her face on every sociL media calling her a Thief.

You actually think she has $350 dollars to send Chino his money back? I doubt it if she kept the money. Also, what do you expect her to do about it, if Adami is correct, this would be the banks issue, not hers. And this was advised for him not to return the money back.

I wonder if she thought Chino was trying to scam her and she was responding the way some of us might to a Nigerian prince. We all know Chino isn't a scammer, but to her, she might just be thinking that she's not going to fall for it.

My point exactly. I, and we, do not know this person. So I won't be assuming her character for a mistake I made, because she won't do what I consider to be the moral thing to do.

Isn't taking risks fun... :biggrin:
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1514 on: November 30, 2022, 01:30:21 PM »
I expect her to be a good human and pay back the $350.0p.  Not taunt the guy for making a mistake. Ben, if some girl got money by accident from you snd she told you too bad sucka, your be livid.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1515 on: November 30, 2022, 01:32:12 PM »
BTW, Ben. His name is in the app sending it to her. So she can verify if it's him or not.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1516 on: November 30, 2022, 02:56:47 PM »
I, and we, do not know this person. So I won't be assuming her character for a mistake I made, because she won't do what I consider to be the moral thing to do.
Fuck that.  We know she's a bitch.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1517 on: November 30, 2022, 03:18:01 PM »
I'm not well versed in how Venmo works, and thanks to a fat fingering on my phone's screen, I managed to send $350 to the wrong account. I found the user on Facebook since she used her real name on Venmo, and her reply was "Lol. Sucks. Already sent to my BF. He got it now ✌".

I hope her holidays are terrible.

She may be considered horrible for not returning money, and for this I am sympathetic.

But I am wondering why not just own up to your mistake rather than blaming her for it. This is a big reason why I was told by my teachers in school to double check your work. It's not her fault you sent money to the wrong person.

This is one of those things where I say. "I am sorry, but consequences for accidents suck don't they?"

What the fuck is wrong with you?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1518 on: November 30, 2022, 05:41:36 PM »
I'm not well versed in how Venmo works, and thanks to a fat fingering on my phone's screen, I managed to send $350 to the wrong account. I found the user on Facebook since she used her real name on Venmo, and her reply was "Lol. Sucks. Already sent to my BF. He got it now ✌".

I hope her holidays are terrible.

She may be considered horrible for not returning money, and for this I am sympathetic.

But I am wondering why not just own up to your mistake rather than blaming her for it. This is a big reason why I was told by my teachers in school to double check your work. It's not her fault you sent money to the wrong person.

This is one of those things where I say. "I am sorry, but consequences for accidents suck don't they?"

What the fuck is wrong with you?

I was thinking the same thing.  It's disgusting that anyone would try to defend this.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1519 on: November 30, 2022, 07:31:13 PM »
AAUUUGHHHH

For some reason, the student portal is giving me an "access denied" message when I try to log into my Office Suite, which has been working JUST FINE the last two semesters. I don't have access to any of my apps. I've tried logging out, logging back in, reinstalling, using the Microsoft re-activation tool, Microsoft login fixer application, and NOTHING. I've spent the past few days struggling with this, and I finally did something I HATE DOING. I called my college's tech support and now have an open ticket.

I have assignments due, so now I'm stuck using OnlyOffice. I mean, it's not bad, but it's not the interface I'm used to.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1520 on: December 01, 2022, 04:52:02 AM »
It's scenarios like this that make me lament the move towards cloud services and SAAS.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1521 on: December 03, 2022, 12:42:14 PM »

Edit: or she’s just a dick.

She is just a bitch in my opinion but there is a scam out there (I think mainly with zelle but I could be wrong) where you'll get money sent to you and then be asked for it back. I'm not sure if Zelle (or venmo) have found a way around this but it was a thing for a bit.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1522 on: December 03, 2022, 11:58:08 PM »
It's scenarios like this that make me lament the move towards cloud services and SAAS.
For real. Does Office even offer a one-time payment version anymore?
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1523 on: December 04, 2022, 05:04:10 AM »
For real. Does Office even offer a one-time payment version anymore?

Doubt it.  But you can have a local copy of the applications on your computer.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1525 on: December 05, 2022, 10:23:31 AM »
The Adderall shortage.

So I started taking like 9 months ago and it completely changed my life. I've been able to focus and feel normal. Like it's amazing.

Anyways there's been a shortage for a while, and that combined with the fact that it's a federally regulated drug (lol amphetamines), makes it a huge pain in the ass to get. It can only be filled every 30 days... Which gives me a very small window to get it filled before I thn out. Add in the fact that once I am able to try to fill it, I have to play the game of "what can the pharmacy get ahold of and have my doctor adjust my Rx to March that (luckily I have 2 different doses I take through out the day and can adjust a little depending on what's going on... As well as use my smaller afternoon dose pills as a replacement for my larger extended release dose I take in the morning...)

Currently I'm sitting at my pharmacy while the scramble to try to figure out the puzzle needed to get me my meds. I'm just lucky that the new pharmacist here actually gives a shit. The pharmacist here (Walmart... Yea I know) used to just blow shit off...
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1526 on: December 06, 2022, 05:40:32 AM »
We live in a world where you post a password joke meme with a soccer players last name and your called a racist for it. Chad and RJ know about it. The guy knows me. I was so upset about it I didn't sleep well last night.

I think my past history shows I'm not that. The world we live in these days.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1527 on: December 06, 2022, 06:20:13 AM »
We live in a world where you post a password joke meme with a soccer players last name and your called a racist for it. Chad and RJ know about it. The guy knows me. I was so upset about it I didn't sleep well last night.

I think my past history shows I'm not that. The world we live in these days.

Imo, I think the response is more a reflection of the person making it (insecurities), rather than you.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1528 on: December 06, 2022, 06:27:01 AM »
I know but it bugged me all night since he knows me. I've never done something like that and he should have known that.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1529 on: December 06, 2022, 06:31:23 AM »
What are we talking about?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1530 on: December 06, 2022, 06:50:58 AM »

Texted it to you.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1531 on: December 06, 2022, 07:10:48 AM »

Texted it to you.

When you say you know him, do you know him personally or an online friend?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1532 on: December 06, 2022, 07:15:40 AM »

Texted it to you.

When you say you know him, do you know him personally or an online friend?

He's friends with Mason DTVT and have had dinner a few times before DT shows.  We've talked a lot online.  Tim, do you think I'm that type of person?  I know I'm not so it shocked me a bit.  I try to post silly stuff online.  Life is too serious.  I know you know that.  It hurt me a bit.  I know like Chad said it's on him but it hurt to read.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1533 on: December 06, 2022, 07:18:11 AM »
Any chance he wasn't being serious, and just busting your balls? Did you reach out to him?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1534 on: December 06, 2022, 07:18:58 AM »
is this something I can see somewhere?  I know Joe to be a kind, caring man.  The internet is a cesspool at times; sounds like this is one of them.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1535 on: December 06, 2022, 07:19:38 AM »
Any chance he wasn't being serious, and just busting your balls? Did you reach out to him?

I did but no response.  He's in San Fran with his wife. 

Stads. I'm PM on Twitter to you.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1536 on: December 06, 2022, 07:42:55 AM »
Joe, fuck him them. If he can't take a joke. If he had a problem, he should've said something to you privately.

Seriously, calling you out in public was a douche move. Friends should be able to let someone know of they've overstepped their boundaries.

He hung you out to dry. Fuck him!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1537 on: December 06, 2022, 07:45:49 AM »
I agree Tim.  I was upset and mad about it.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1538 on: December 06, 2022, 07:46:36 AM »
I saw that on FB and thought it was hilarious.  Nothing racist about it, or about you.

I don't think this person really knows what "racist" means.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1539 on: December 06, 2022, 07:52:27 AM »
I saw that on FB and thought it was hilarious.  Nothing racist about it, or about you.

I don't think this person really knows what "racist" means.

I'm with Hef on this one.  I'm quarter Polack on my dad's side (my dad spoke only Polish until he went to grade school) and I think that's  funny as hell.