Author Topic: Things I find a tad exasperating v.3  (Read 115998 times)

Offline Harmony

Re: Things I find a tad exasperating v.3
« Reply #1295 on: October 13, 2022, 06:11:35 PM »
So my sister died last December and in the 3 months up to her death, she was hospitalized 3 times, had 2 surgeries, 1 ICU stay, and about a dozen office visits.

My brother-in-law has to date received 1 bill.  For the ambulance ride from 1 hospital to another.  Nothing else.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1296 on: October 14, 2022, 10:45:21 AM »
^ So sorry about your sister.  :(
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Harmony

« Reply #1297 on: October 14, 2022, 11:08:29 AM »
Thanks.  The beginning of the end started last year at the end of September.  Couple that with the anniversary of my step-dad's death Oct 17th, and my mom's death 11/1 (2018 for both) the fall this year seems to be triggering me more than I thought it would.

But I will persevere.... :heart

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1298 on: October 14, 2022, 11:58:21 AM »
Thanks.  The beginning of the end started last year at the end of September.  Couple that with the anniversary of my step-dad's death Oct 17th, and my mom's death 11/1 (2018 for both) the fall this year seems to be triggering me more than I thought it would.

But I will persevere.... :heart

I feel for you. Sincerely.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #1299 on: October 14, 2022, 05:08:30 PM »
Thanks, Stads.  I know you get it.  Grief is like surfing in the ocean - some waves you ride like you are 100% in control and some waves crash over your head and threaten to drown you.  Sometimes there are even sharks lurking below.  But what's the saying?  It isn't how you fall down but how you get back up that matters.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1300 on: October 14, 2022, 07:04:27 PM »
There are days when it fucking hits you, and that's ok. Those are the days when you miss them the most because those are the days when you feel their presence the most.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1301 on: October 15, 2022, 07:14:51 PM »
Along the lines of what a racket health care is in this country, I had to cancel my MRI today on my back due to my insurance company not approving it.  What a joke.  My MD will have to call them to try and convince them I need it, but I am not holding my breath on that.  F'ing health care.  :censored :censored

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1302 on: October 15, 2022, 07:38:04 PM »
Along the lines of what a racket health care is in this country, I had to cancel my MRI today on my back due to my insurance company not approving it.  What a joke.  My MD will have to call them to try and convince them I need it, but I am not holding my breath on that.  F'ing health care.  :censored :censored

Think about this. You have an issue. Your doctor wants to investigate and insurance says no way.  If that isn't a red alarm I don't know.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1303 on: October 15, 2022, 07:41:14 PM »

Think about this. You have an issue. Your doctor wants to investigate and insurance says no way.  If that isn't a red alarm I don't know.

That's basically a default. Once the PCP appeals it, it should go through.

Yes, a pain in in the ass.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1304 on: October 15, 2022, 07:41:57 PM »
That's the problem. It's a pain in the ass. It shouldn't be.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1305 on: October 15, 2022, 07:42:49 PM »
I know.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1306 on: October 15, 2022, 08:41:29 PM »
The whole thing is stupid.  I mean, I am not in any worse shape than I was weeks ago (I move around mostly fine, and the hip pain is much better due to a few good PT sessions), but I'd still like to get the MRI to see if it is so bad that any more steps need to be taken. This just slows down the process.

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #1307 on: October 15, 2022, 09:19:42 PM »
As a provider in health care, I also feel that frustration, just on the other end. Can’t tell you how many times a doctor has referred a patient to me (a physical therapist) simply because their insurance requires they do PT before approving a surgery or MRI. Never mind they can’t move or tolerate any activity for shit, and haven’t for the past four months. But gotta chase the carrot to get the patient what they need. Nothing more frustrating and burnout-laden for me than to just go through the motions without making a damn bit of difference, just to be a stepping stone. Sure, it’s generally more cost effective to go through PT first, but certain cases are so obvious that they need more than what I can provide. But gotta play the game, no exceptions. It’s hard to function healthily in a system that doesn’t have the patient’s best interests in mind, only the money.

Ideally, the patients, providers, and payors would all be able to work together for everybody. But because insurances have the money, they call all the shots. Sometimes they come through. Others, they don’t, and we’re left telling the patient they can’t get what they need because their insurance denied it. It’s definitely a racket, and one I’m not sure I can tolerate another 20+ years of if things keep going this way.

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #1308 on: October 15, 2022, 09:26:17 PM »
On a different exasperating experience:

Sitting in traffic next to some penis wrinkle blasting his shitty music through open windows for the rest of the world to hear. Granted, early 20s Snow Dog used to do this as well with Rush and Porcupine Tree, but early 40s Snow Dog kind of wants to go back and kick his inconsiderate ass straight in the sack.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1309 on: October 16, 2022, 11:19:10 AM »
Got a flat tire yesterday around 5 p.m.  Waited over an hour on the side of the freeway for the AAA guy to show up because I thought I needed a tow because, for some reason, my car has fancy wheel locks and I didn't know the key was in the glove compartment until I got to the dealership.  After changing the tire and driving back home on the "donut" tire tire, I found out that finding a place to get a tire on a Sunday is apparently an impossibility.

Ugh....
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1310 on: October 17, 2022, 10:57:06 AM »
Veering into P/R territory, maybe, but...  newscasters that tell me what I should feel.   I've noticed this three times in the last couple days (one might have been a link posted here): "We won't be showing the video because it's very upsetting".  Why not let me decide that?  I saw that warning as recently as this morning, on my local news (regarding an incident where three police were shot - two fatally - in an ambush) and when I finally saw the video, it wasn't even close.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1311 on: October 17, 2022, 12:33:03 PM »
Veering into P/R territory, maybe, but...  newscasters that tell me what I should feel.   I've noticed this three times in the last couple days (one might have been a link posted here): "We won't be showing the video because it's very upsetting".  Why not let me decide that?  I saw that warning as recently as this morning, on my local news (regarding an incident where three police were shot - two fatally - in an ambush) and when I finally saw the video, it wasn't even close.
They're not worried about YOU, or trying to protect YOU.

They're trying to avoid the phone calls from the Karens who would be upset that such things were being shone on their family-oriented local channel.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1312 on: October 17, 2022, 01:45:15 PM »

They're trying to avoid the phone calls from the Karens who would be upset that such things were being shone on their family-oriented local channel.

Especially when eating their delicious dinner...
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1313 on: October 17, 2022, 07:16:24 PM »
Piggybacking on Stadler's post, I get annoyed with articles that purport to say some politician/celebrity said/posted/tweeted something offensive/racist/hurtful/etc... but don't say what the alleged offensive/racist/hurtful/etc statement was.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1314 on: October 18, 2022, 08:05:46 AM »

Sure, no doubt, but unintended consequences.  To all the people that they don't care about, they are now sending and/or reinforcing the message that it's okay to tell people what their feelings should be - as long as the "feelings" are pre-approved by the thought-police. 

Offline Awaken

« Reply #1315 on: October 18, 2022, 08:40:07 AM »

Sure, no doubt, but unintended consequences.  To all the people that they don't care about, they are now sending and/or reinforcing the message that it's okay to tell people what their feelings should be - as long as the "feelings" are pre-approved by the thought-police.

I thought the same thing when I heard NBC 30 say that.  Regarding the same story, last night it was announced that the surviving officer was 'justified in his use of deadly force according to the investigation'.  Ummm - was there really a need for that investigation?  Can we just go on common sense here a little?  The suspect 1) baited officers into showing up at his home, 2) when they arrived, fired over 80 shots at them. 

Disclaimer:  I get that they needed to do the investigation for legal purposes.  I guess the thing I find a tad exasperating sometimes IS the legal purpose.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1316 on: October 18, 2022, 08:42:35 AM »
In one post you agree with Stadler, advocate for common sense, and rail against the system and procedures.

Stadler's head explodes in 3....2....
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Awaken

« Reply #1317 on: October 18, 2022, 08:54:14 AM »
In one post you agree with Stadler, advocate for common sense, and rail against the system and procedures.

:rollin

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1318 on: October 18, 2022, 08:55:18 AM »
We live in the world where people cannot just turn the station.  Please feel the need to express why they don't like what they are watching and why others should agree.  It goes to both sides.  Me, I just don't bother because I don't want to waste time debating when I know neither would compromise.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1319 on: October 18, 2022, 09:59:38 AM »

:rollin

:tup

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1320 on: October 24, 2022, 06:49:16 PM »
So yes, I'm a cranky old man, especially at work. People have become so weak minded. It's like if there's any pressure or maybe someone is thrown a curveball, people just cannot handle it. I am constantly hearing things like "I don't need this job",  "I shouldn't have to deal with this", or "I feel like just walking out."
I don't know if it's an instant gratification or an immediacy of needs, but it just feels like people have lost sight of the Long Play. Work is work. It's not always fun, or easy. There are tough days and even longer tough spells. Why is the "flight" response so prevalent?

Everyone seems to be complaining about something. How about just ShuttingTFU and work through it?

There's been a project at work last week, where they were laying new flooring in the coolers and prep areas, and yes, it smelled like hell. But all people did was threaten to leave. They want to complain. It's more than the casual convo "yeah, it smells like shit". People were generally pissed off about it.
One of my vendors asked me how I deal with the smell. My response was "By not being a pussy."

People are never going to get anywhere by JUST living in the short term. I understand that have job dissatisfaction and some jobs aren't right for people, but in my store, NO job is difficult.

I don't know. I'm exasperated.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1321 on: October 24, 2022, 07:00:16 PM »
Tim, I hear that.  That is the new trend.  Too many people cannot handle anything out of their comfort zone.  Sometimes you have to do stuff at work you don't like. Tough shit.  Suck it up and f'ing do it.  But nope.  Most would rather quietly quit and then piss and moan about how no one will pay them what they are worth, as if someone with a shitty attitude and crappy work ethic is irreplaceable.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1322 on: October 24, 2022, 07:07:02 PM »
Tim, you and I deal with reclamation projects and it blows me away how much people don't care. Their issues personal mean more than making money.  Supporting family. Ect.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1323 on: October 24, 2022, 07:10:04 PM »
It's not even that. Everyone is a baby, even the adults.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1324 on: October 24, 2022, 07:23:41 PM »
I think it's who we deal with really. Driven people don't work manual labor jobs. They don't understand it can be a great stepping stone.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1325 on: October 24, 2022, 07:27:41 PM »
I think it's who we deal with really. Driven people don't work manual labor jobs. They don't understand it can be a great stepping stone.

That's just it. It's why I mention losing sight of the Long Play. But plenty of driven people work manual labor jobs. Plenty of tradesmen, etc...

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1326 on: October 24, 2022, 07:32:09 PM »
Not at the pay we are at. There's a reason they are there but they can grow and move on to a great job and if they are a hard worker, I will gladly give them a great referral.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1327 on: October 24, 2022, 08:28:14 PM »

I work for a small remodeling company. We are in need of grunt laborers. If you can use a drill and show up every day sober, my boss will pay you $20/hour. If you have rudimentary skills and a few of your own tools, you'll start at $25. It's hard work, you'll end up in tight crawl spaces and working on decks in the rain, but you won't have to deal with angry customers in the Jack in the Box drive-thru at 1am. After a couple years, if you learned enough to prove you can run your own project, your pay will double.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1328 on: October 24, 2022, 08:35:28 PM »
So yes, I'm a cranky old man, especially at work. People have become so weak minded. It's like if there's any pressure or maybe someone is thrown a curveball, people just cannot handle it. I am constantly hearing things like "I don't need this job",  "I shouldn't have to deal with this", or "I feel like just walking out."
I don't know if it's an instant gratification or an immediacy of needs, but it just feels like people have lost sight of the Long Play. Work is work. It's not always fun, or easy. There are tough days and even longer tough spells. Why is the "flight" response so prevalent?

Everyone seems to be complaining about something. How about just ShuttingTFU and work through it?

There's been a project at work last week, where they were laying new flooring in the coolers and prep areas, and yes, it smelled like hell. But all people did was threaten to leave. They want to complain. It's more than the casual convo "yeah, it smells like shit". People were generally pissed off about it.
One of my vendors asked me how I deal with the smell. My response was "By not being a pussy."

People are never going to get anywhere by JUST living in the short term. I understand that have job dissatisfaction and some jobs aren't right for people, but in my store, NO job is difficult.

I don't know. I'm exasperated.

You're speaking my language pal.  This is all true.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1329 on: October 24, 2022, 08:38:43 PM »
Tim, I hear that.  That is the new trend.  Too many people cannot handle anything out of their comfort zone.  Sometimes you have to do stuff at work you don't like. Tough shit.  Suck it up and f'ing do it.  But nope.  Most would rather quietly quit and then piss and moan about how no one will pay them what they are worth, as if someone with a shitty attitude and crappy work ethic is irreplaceable.

What people think they deserve to get paid fucking astounds me.  Nine times out of ten from what I see these people actually get paid too much, have no real idea in their field and spend most their time whinging and talking shit.  Plus their work ethic sucks and they just take the piss while they are at work. And they think they are underpaid!  Lol, fuck me!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.