Author Topic: Things I find a tad exasperating v.3  (Read 115077 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Things I find a tad exasperating v.3
« Reply #1225 on: September 23, 2022, 09:54:04 AM »
Any politician who sends me a spam text or call has zero chance of getting my vote.

I've generally adopted that rule as well; unfortunately, that means I'm likely writing in "Mickey Mouse" in 2024.  :)
For some reason, I am mostly getting those from out of state candidates.  For example, I have gotten a couple from both of the Senate candidates from our state, but I get texts every day from Beto's campaign.  Dude, I can't vote for you.

But that's not to get your vote for SENATE, that's to get you thinking about him for when he throws his hat in the ring in 2024 and you can recall his heroic and noble moral victories in his Senate battles.  Green for sarcasm, right?
Well, he's not likely to get that vote either lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1226 on: September 23, 2022, 02:24:26 PM »
Any politician who sends me a spam text or call has zero chance of getting my vote.

I've generally adopted that rule as well; unfortunately, that means I'm likely writing in "Mickey Mouse" in 2024.  :)

There is one guy on our ballet who I have seen every time I went to vote for President. It's some long spanish name, and I always joke to my parents and others, I should just vote for him.  :lol
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1227 on: September 29, 2022, 09:38:26 AM »
When you go to grocery store or convenience store and they are out of Product A that I want but have a surplus of Product B that I don't want, so to hide the hole, they put extra of Product B where Product A would be so, although it "looks" full, the flip side is that the product I actually want never gets ordered because nothing looks out of stock.

First world problems  :P

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1228 on: September 29, 2022, 03:07:48 PM »
Well, in the 21st century, I'm sure most grocery stores have computer software that tracks invoices and inventory levels by product.  If they are re-ordering goods based on a visual sweep of the shelves, that's more like 3rd world problems.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1229 on: September 29, 2022, 03:18:25 PM »
Well, in the 21st century, I'm sure most grocery stores have computer software that tracks invoices and inventory levels by product.  If they are re-ordering goods based on a visual sweep of the shelves, that's more like 3rd world problems.

Close. It's not invoices that are tracked, but scans through the register.
It's all based off of an items "Balance On Hand", so when you get a case of something, say it's packed 12, then 12 units are added to the items BOH. If 8 of them are scanned out the front end, the BOH is now at 4. Items also have a "reorder point", so once the inventory level on the shelf reaches a certain number of units, the system will generate an order for another case.

When you go to grocery store or convenience store and they are out of Product A that I want but have a surplus of Product B that I don't want, so to hide the hole, they put extra of Product B where Product A would be so, although it "looks" full, the flip side is that the product I actually want never gets ordered because nothing looks out of stock.

It depends what the store's policy is. Generally, if it's a hole, leave it a hole. But some stores may want to cover the holes with adjacent product for presentation reasons.
For stores that Hand Order, yes, you have to be careful to recognize what is blocked over and what is not.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1230 on: September 29, 2022, 03:27:18 PM »
Good points Tim.  I forgot to mention CBO.  That is a widely used re-order point system.  However, now with the supply chain all outta whack, there's holes everywhere.  ???
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1231 on: September 30, 2022, 11:55:46 AM »

Close. It's not invoices that are tracked, but scans through the register.
It's all based off of an items "Balance On Hand", so when you get a case of something, say it's packed 12, then 12 units are added to the items BOH. If 8 of them are scanned out the front end, the BOH is now at 4. Items also have a "reorder point", so once the inventory level on the shelf reaches a certain number of units, the system will generate an order for another case.

It depends what the store's policy is. Generally, if it's a hole, leave it a hole. But some stores may want to cover the holes with adjacent product for presentation reasons.
For stores that Hand Order, yes, you have to be careful to recognize what is blocked over and what is not.

Depends on managers too. I remember working at walgreens our store manager always wanted a well stocked shelf look so he asked us to plug holes with other products. The other management staff hated this policy.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1232 on: September 30, 2022, 02:14:18 PM »
I hate when stores plug the hole, especially if the tag for the out of stock item is still there.  If stores plug the hole, I'm just moving all the other products looking behind making a mess looking for what I want thinking there's some still there sitting behind at the back.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1233 on: September 30, 2022, 03:17:45 PM »
I know plenty of people who like it when the hole gets plugged, but to each his/her own, I guess.

:biggrin:
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1234 on: September 30, 2022, 04:08:58 PM »
Well, we certainly don't want the wrong hole getting plugged, now do we?  :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1235 on: September 30, 2022, 07:19:06 PM »
I know plenty of people who like it when the hole gets plugged, but to each his/her own, I guess.

:biggrin:

I for one will do the plugging thank you very much!

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1236 on: October 04, 2022, 06:46:00 PM »
I'm 6 feet 4 inches (193 cm) tall. I wear a 36 inseam pants. It is so irritating that almost no stores carry this length and most have very few 34 inseam pants either. Big and tall stores don't typically help much because I'm tall, but not fat. I hate having to order clothes online without trying them first and with very limited selection.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1237 on: October 04, 2022, 06:50:23 PM »
If I could be 6'4"...I'd put up with it! ;D

I'll trade you my 5'10" ass storebought 34x30's anyday.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1238 on: October 04, 2022, 07:06:33 PM »

:lol Naw, I'll keep my height, but I can be a tad exasperated about a disappointing shopping experience!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1239 on: October 04, 2022, 09:12:33 PM »
I'm 6 feet 4 inches (193 cm) tall. I wear a 36 inseam pants. It is so irritating that almost no stores carry this length and most have very few 34 inseam pants either.

What are you finding where you shop? I usually have a hard time finding the right waist/inseam combo, which is usually 32/32 but varies based on brand. I believe they are monkeying around with sizing because my whole adult life my inseam has been 34, but for the last couple years I've been buying 32. And I didn't shrink.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1240 on: October 05, 2022, 04:44:48 AM »
I don't buy pants very often but I just buy the cheapest ones that I can get on haha.  They are too expensive! I never understood the different sizings with waist and legs and all that shit.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1241 on: October 05, 2022, 07:40:57 AM »

Word, on that.   

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1242 on: October 05, 2022, 07:49:14 AM »
6'2" here, I buy 36X34, and it's usually a mission to find that size.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1243 on: October 05, 2022, 09:57:43 AM »
I'm 6 feet 4 inches (193 cm) tall. I wear a 36 inseam pants. It is so irritating that almost no stores carry this length and most have very few 34 inseam pants either.

What are you finding where you shop? I usually have a hard time finding the right waist/inseam combo, which is usually 32/32 but varies based on brand. I believe they are monkeying around with sizing because my whole adult life my inseam has been 34, but for the last couple years I've been buying 32. And I didn't shrink.
Yesterday when I was looking there were lots of pants for shorter, wider guys. Tons of 30 inseam. 36 waist and higher. I always wonder if places are short on the 34 inseam because they all get purchased, or because they don't order many in the first place? I was curious to find a 34x34 just to see if the length would be good enough, but not a single pair in that size.

Another thing I've discovered with pants online is that many companies just have a single length that varies depending on the waist. 30x30, 32x30, 34x32, 36x32, 38x34, etc. As if waist size and leg length are directly correlated to each other. Short fat guys, and tall skinny guys are just out of luck with many companies it seems.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1244 on: October 05, 2022, 10:31:39 AM »
Yeah a 29 inseam is perfect for me but there's hardly any in that size. The 30 works when I'm wearing shoes but once they're off I'm sort of stepping on the cuffs.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1245 on: October 05, 2022, 11:26:50 AM »
Big and tall stores don't typically help much because I'm tall, but not fat.
Sounds like it's time to get fat.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1246 on: October 05, 2022, 11:28:56 AM »
Fuck you all and your sub-36 waist sizes!

My problem is that I'm probably a 31" inseam, but no one ever seems to have anything other than 30 (which looks like I'm preparing for a flood) or 32, which I end up fraying because they're too long.

Also, can someone please shoot the person who came up with the standard iPhone ring tone (I think it's called "Marimba")?!  So...g-damned annoying!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1247 on: October 05, 2022, 11:49:50 AM »
I've been working on that. Not really a fan, so trying to go back in the other direction. :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1248 on: October 05, 2022, 11:51:29 AM »

Yo!   

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1249 on: October 05, 2022, 04:01:39 PM »

As an expert in this field, this will be a first.

Don't listen to Hef.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #1250 on: October 05, 2022, 04:16:49 PM »
I just want to know where the short and fat stores are. I'm tired of shirts coming down to my damn knees!  :lol
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1251 on: October 05, 2022, 04:21:45 PM »
I feel attacked.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1252 on: October 05, 2022, 07:55:36 PM »
I just want to know where the short and fat stores are. I'm tired of shirts coming down to my damn knees!  :lol
Sounds like a million dollar idea to me. :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1253 on: October 07, 2022, 01:19:22 PM »
So...I was at work today and I saw this magazine..

WTF is Kelly Ripa telling all about, and who fucking cares? What big fucking news is Kelly Ripa about to spill??

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1254 on: October 07, 2022, 01:38:20 PM »
Maybe you should have bought it and read to find out?  :biggrin:

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1255 on: October 07, 2022, 01:42:20 PM »
Who the fuck is Kelly Ripa?

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1256 on: October 07, 2022, 01:43:58 PM »
So...I was at work today and I saw this magazine..

WTF is Kelly Ripa telling all about, and who fucking cares? What big fucking news is Kelly Ripa about to spill??

My guess would be marriage, sex, kids, botox, and Regis.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1257 on: October 07, 2022, 01:47:11 PM »
What the fuck is a regis?

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1258 on: October 07, 2022, 01:47:52 PM »
What the fuck is a regis?

Currently? Fertilizer.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1259 on: October 07, 2022, 02:23:06 PM »