Author Topic: In the Heights - Movie  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
In the Heights - Movie
« on: June 11, 2021, 08:26:46 AM »
Not sure how big this movie will be outside of NY, but there has been a lot of hype around this area for the past few years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5pTICZ2oeg

Movie came out on June 8th, and it seems that it stays true to the Broadway musical (from what I heard). For those that don't know, this movie is based on a Broadway musical by the same name, and it is about Washington Heights, a Hispanic neighborhood in NYC (upper Manhattan).
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online faizoff

Re: In the Heights - Movie
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 10:04:54 AM »
I was hoping to catch this in the theater but I'm still kinda paranoid going to it. I haven't seen the broadway show but I love the soundtrack to it. The movie is going to skip a few tracks from the original soundtrack.  I'm going to try and watch it this weekend on HBO Max.

I saw the first 8 mins that they released and that was really fun.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Skeever

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 04:48:09 PM »
I'll take a watch definitely before it leaves HBO Max. Lin-manuel Miranda isn't my favorite musical composer by any stretch but it's undeniable that Hamilton is a hit. That said this one always seemed like it would be a much better story to adapt to film. Looking forward to it for sure.

Online faizoff

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 11:28:08 AM »
This movie was a lot of fun to watch, beautifully shot, the cinematography was great, music was fantastic. I never saw the original Broadway show but listened to the soundtrack endlessly.
Sad some amazing tracks were cut but overall I thought it was very entertaining. If you don't like musicals, this won't change anyone's mind. The story is updated from what I read, I mean it has to be to make it work as a movie and be a little more modern. The original was released in 2008 and most of the tracks are still great.

I just might venture out to a theater to see it, the big screen will do it good.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline The Realm

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2021, 08:47:44 PM »
I saw this movie on the weekend in a cinema. Myself and my family all loved it. Definitely for musical fans but if you are one, I can't really see how your wouldn't enjoy this. If you are not, as said above this won't change your mind. The cast are brilliant and the staging/filming of the musical numbers is really well done. Highly recommended if musicals are your thing.