Author Topic: Loki (on Disney+) Official Thread - S2 Finale Out Now! Spoilers Within!  (Read 26080 times)

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Re: Loki (on Disney+) Official Thread - S2, New Eps Thursdays! Spoilers Within!
« Reply #315 on: October 27, 2023, 05:07:05 AM »
That....was a thrilling episode, especially those last few minutes!

I was not expecting that ending and honestly, that made it so good IMO. Cannot wait for next week and it seems like at this point we've seen all the pre-release promotional material in the first four episodes, so the last two will be unseen, I believe!

-Marc.
Agree. I think I will skip the next episode to watch the last two back-to-back
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #316 on: October 27, 2023, 09:42:25 AM »
That....was a thrilling episode, especially those last few minutes!

I was not expecting that ending and honestly, that made it so good IMO. Cannot wait for next week and it seems like at this point we've seen all the pre-release promotional material in the first four episodes, so the last two will be unseen, I believe!

-Marc.
Agree. I think I will skip the next episode to watch the last two back-to-back

Only two more to go??  Damn.

I liked the episode, but am totally confused with the storyline around Dox/Hunters.  Why all of a sudden are they willing to martyr themselves rather than align with Renslayer?  What Renslayer wanted was that much more horiffic than what they were doing - their principles and standards were worth dying over?  Why not save yourself and at least play along with Renslayer?

Miss Minutes is a wylie cunt.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #317 on: October 27, 2023, 10:42:57 AM »
Her face when Dox was dying was just....jesus. She was enjoying that so much  :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #318 on: October 27, 2023, 11:16:07 AM »
Her face when Dox was dying was just....jesus. She was enjoying that so much  :lol

Yeah, the animators doing her have done a great job.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #319 on: October 27, 2023, 03:33:25 PM »
but am totally confused with the storyline around Dox/Hunters. 

I'm going small font with my post/thoughts because it's once again going to be critical and I can see folks are somehow actually enjoying the show so don't want to be a large font negative Nancy....so...

I think one of the reasons you may be confused is because the writing is horrible. There is nothing original or compelling about any of what is going on in this show right now....it's just not good. I only keep watching to see if there is ANY type of payoff or saving grace and there has yet to be anything that says this is a good show. It's a snoozefest with nary a redeeming quality to be found.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #320 on: October 27, 2023, 03:34:10 PM »
Good choice to not show what it looks like when you get crushed inside one of those shrinking boxes.  I'm still not clear on everyone's motives and/or allegiances, but I guess with Dox and her team out of the picture, that's one less faction to worry about.  Victor Timely got spaghetti-fied (I kinda wondered what that looked like, so that was cool and also unexpected) so he's also out of the picture (I assume), but as before, things keep moving, I still follow maybe half of what the hell's going on, but it's still a fun ride.

Mobius continues to have some of the best lines.  "That sounds like something it would be better to hear from much farther away" (or something like that) cracked me up.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #321 on: October 27, 2023, 03:56:42 PM »
Good choice to not show what it looks like when you get crushed inside one of those shrinking boxes.  I'm still not clear on everyone's motives and/or allegiances, but I guess with Dox and her team out of the picture, that's one less faction to worry about.  Victor Timely got spaghetti-fied (I kinda wondered what that looked like, so that was cool and also unexpected) so he's also out of the picture (I assume), but as before, things keep moving, I still follow maybe half of what the hell's going on, but it's still a fun ride.

Mobius continues to have some of the best lines.  "That sounds like something it would be better to hear from much farther away" (or something like that) cracked me up.

My first reaction to this is that it sends Victor to a countless number of timelines.

@Gary... how do you really feel?   :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #322 on: October 27, 2023, 04:00:54 PM »
@Gary... how do you really feel?   :lol

I say this in all seriousness.....I may start counseling again. Did it for years and it was awesome....now it's been around four years since I stopped going and I'm just a cantankerous old man now. I find too much joy in complaining about meaningless crap :lol

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #323 on: October 27, 2023, 04:48:39 PM »
Miss Minutes- gone
Ravonna - gone
Victor - gone

Who is the BAD guy in this series?

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #324 on: October 27, 2023, 04:51:22 PM »

The head writer

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #325 on: October 27, 2023, 04:54:19 PM »

The head writer

Haha. That was funny.

Also, I don’t th8nk any of those characters at “gone”.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #327 on: October 27, 2023, 06:55:03 PM »

Duuuuuuuuuuude for fucking real man.... Amazing how they managed to pull that off so well.

Solid episode, I'll definitely need to watch it again since I watched it on my phone on a plane and was distracted by the views. Really solid stuff though, just love all the characters in this show and how they are portrayed.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #328 on: October 27, 2023, 09:03:24 PM »
Once this season is over, going to do a full rewatch and keep notes, while exciting I'm lost on some details.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #329 on: October 27, 2023, 09:29:44 PM »
Btw...did anyone else catch the pads "ah ah ah....." in total mimic of the scene from Jurassic Park?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfiQYRn7fBg

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #330 on: October 28, 2023, 04:36:04 AM »
Btw...did anyone else catch the pads "ah ah ah....." in total mimic of the scene from Jurassic Park?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfiQYRn7fBg

Nope... totally missed that.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #331 on: October 28, 2023, 07:11:12 AM »
Oh I picked up on that right away and was half expecting the "You didn't say the magic word" :lol :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #332 on: October 28, 2023, 10:15:17 AM »
Oh I picked up on that right away and was half expecting the "You didn't say the magic word" :lol :lol

Same lol, it was pretty spot on though, even down to the finger wagging Miss Manners. She's such a brilliant character

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #333 on: October 28, 2023, 10:27:12 AM »
Victor Timely got spaghetti-fied (I kinda wondered what that looked like, so that was cool and also unexpected)
Not that anyone is asking, but I figure that someone would be spaghettified at some point since they mentioned it in Ep. 1. I was wondering what it would look and I think it looked better than I expected.

Though since they mentioned "black holes" in the first episode, just want to point out that spaghettification through black hole would not look like that at all. Just sharing  :)

Offline HOF

« Reply #334 on: October 28, 2023, 08:58:34 PM »
We missed last week’s episode so we watched the last two back to back last night and tonight. I didn’t have any issue with Victor’s character. The acting didn’t bother me or stand out to me as good or bad. The character was endearing enough.

I agree it’s a fairly sloppily written show and people seem to suddenly come by strong convictions about things for no apparent reason and with little convincing. I guess now Silvy is on Loki’s side again, though at the end of episode 3 she still didn’t seem to be (even though she didn’t kill Victor). We finally got some insight into why Loki might want to save the TVA (the “we are gods” line when Silvy says influencing Victor for good is like playing god - I guess he thinks maybe the TVA can kind of guide the different timelines for good not evil as opposed to just pruning them?).

The sudden back out suggest everyone (and everything?) is dead now, but I guess we’ll find out how they come back from this one.

In general, I really enjoy the show even if the plot and character development are pretty messy.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #335 on: October 28, 2023, 10:48:18 PM »
We missed last week’s episode so we watched the last two back to back last night and tonight. I didn’t have any issue with Victor’s character. The acting didn’t bother me or stand out to me as good or bad. The character was endearing enough.

I agree it’s a fairly sloppily written show and people seem to suddenly come by strong convictions about things for no apparent reason and with little convincing. I guess now Silvy is on Loki’s side again, though at the end of episode 3 she still didn’t seem to be (even though she didn’t kill Victor). We finally got some insight into why Loki might want to save the TVA (the “we are gods” line when Silvy says influencing Victor for good is like playing god - I guess he thinks maybe the TVA can kind of guide the different timelines for good not evil as opposed to just pruning them?).

The sudden back out suggest everyone (and everything?) is dead now, but I guess we’ll find out how they come back from this one.

In general, I really enjoy the show even if the plot and character development are pretty messy.

I'll say this - I feel like Sylvie has definitely been weaker this season as far as her writing and importance to the plot. I haven't seen any real reason for her to be so protective of her branch timeline. Maybe if we got more scenes of Sylvie living her life in that branch timeline, her motivations might be more apparent.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #336 on: October 28, 2023, 10:59:14 PM »
I agree it’s a fairly sloppily written show and people seem to suddenly come by strong convictions about things for no apparent reason and with little convincing.

I don't think it's sloppily written--except for the point you mention about characters suddenly developing strong convictions about things with very little motivation.  That aspect is a repeated, nagging flaw in what is otherwise coming together brilliantly.

I'm assuming something along the lines of right about this time last season when we found out that pruning doesn't actually kill characters off, but instead transports them to the void at the end of time (or whatever it was called).  I don't think they are dead or ceased to exit, but are just...some[where/time/___] else now, rather than the TVA.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #338 on: October 31, 2023, 06:22:36 AM »
Cool.  A few new clips in there.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #339 on: November 01, 2023, 09:59:41 PM »
Loki is not only some of the best Marvel content in awhile, but aside from Ant Man, it's the only thing in awhile that makes me feel like there is any connective tissue building a common story toward something.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #340 on: November 02, 2023, 08:06:44 PM »
New episode was good IMO. Not as good as the last one, but good.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #341 on: November 03, 2023, 07:53:03 AM »
There’s a post credit audio at the end

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #342 on: November 03, 2023, 08:00:25 AM »

Huh? I waited until the end and didn't hear anything

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #343 on: November 03, 2023, 08:14:48 AM »

Huh? I waited until the end and didn't hear anything

Weird, I just replayed it. It happens right at the screen where you see the Dolby Vision Atmos, ARRI and two other seals below.

The audio recording says:

ZANIAC: you died, insert a coin, loser

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #344 on: November 03, 2023, 02:03:30 PM »
:lol  That's funny and appropriate. 

This episode meandered more than I would have expected, and was slower paced and less action packed than I would have expected for the penultimate episode in the series to be.  That said, it all seemed to serve the story well.  I'm interested to see how it wraps up. 

Offline jammindude

« Reply #345 on: November 03, 2023, 10:03:59 PM »
That was brilliant.

And my step son had to point out that Zaniac (which was a video game they were playing) was also the name of the horror film franchise that X-05/Brad Wolfe had starred in…because I wasn’t thinking about the name of the film he was in.

NUGGETZ!!!
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #346 on: November 04, 2023, 11:33:18 AM »
That was cool seeing all of them in their former lives.  Yeah, it was a slower-paced episode, but I liked having the breather and getting a moment to think about things before the next big thing happened on screen.  Some really cool scenes, though.  I liked Loki going to that room, seeing himself reading a book or something, saying "Hello", then slipping back and entering the room again, but this time he's not there, so he wanders over, sees the book, picks it up, and we realize it's the same scene from 20 seconds ago but from the "other" Loki's point of view, then he shows up and says "Hello" again and disappears again.  Time paradox stuff is fun.  Kinda like seeing him get pruned by himself last episode, the other side of that same scene from Episode 1.

So if Casey (or Frank, as he still thinks of himself) didn't steal the TemPad at the end, who did?  That didn't get answered because they all started going spaghetti, then Loki realized he could control the time-slipping.  One of those things that got tossed out there to probably be revisited later, but instead we quickly moved on to something else.  There were thankfully only a few of those this time.

Frank was one of the three inmates who escaped from Alcatraz in 1962.  I liked how Doug's lab in the "real" world looked basically the same as O.B.'s in the TVA.  Don was the Jet Ski salesman who became Mobius; we figured it had to be something like that.  I liked how B-15 was Dr. Willis.  They all came from very different walks of life, which I guess makes me wonder how each of them was "chosen" to be in the TVA.  A question for another time, I suppose.  Why did Sylvie remember both her present and her past, when none of the others did?  She kinda explained it quickly, but I didn't really grok it in fullness.  Because she, like Loki, is sort of "outside" of all the timey-wimey stuff?

Offline jammindude

« Reply #347 on: November 04, 2023, 11:40:38 AM »
Well, remember that all the others went back to the lives that they had before the TVA. Whereas Sylvie joined that timeline already having full knowledge of her background, and knowing that she was a Loki variant, and knowing who Loki was.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #348 on: November 04, 2023, 11:41:07 AM »
So if Casey (or Frank, as he still thinks of himself) didn't steal the TemPad at the end, who did?  That didn't get answered because they all started going spaghetti, then Loki realized he could control the time-slipping.  One of those things that got tossed out there to probably be revisited later, but instead we quickly moved on to something else.  There were thankfully only a few of those this time.

I thought it just was one of the first things in that setting to 'spaghetti away' like everything else in the episode was doing...Sylvie's fast food bag and drink....the coffee mug....all the random items just disappearing. I don't think it was anything more involved than that.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #349 on: November 04, 2023, 11:54:13 AM »
Well, remember that all the others went back to the lives that they had before the TVA. Whereas Sylvie joined that timeline already having full knowledge of her background, and knowing that she was a Loki variant, and knowing who Loki was.

Ah yes, that's makes sense.  By that point, I guess Loki was used to starting his little speech with "I know this will sound crazy, but..." and forgot that he and Sylvie had already chatted a few times in that timeline.

I thought it just was one of the first things in that setting to 'spaghetti away' like everything else in the episode was doing...Sylvie's fast food bag and drink....the coffee mug....all the random items just disappearing. I don't think it was anything more involved than that.

Maybe.  It seems odd that a TemPad would go missing right about the time someone needed it, and it just happened to be a random thing that disappeared and no one saw it.  When other things went spaghetti, there was always that visual effect that presumably the characters can see as well.