Author Topic: Loki (on Disney+) Official Thread - S2 Finale Out Now! Spoilers Within!  (Read 25191 times)

Offline The Letter M

This episode sort of reminds me of Episode 4 of WandaVision, where we broke from Wanda and Vision (for the most part), and took the plot to a different place. It's a nice break but it seems like, according to Tom Hiddleston, episodes 4 and 5 will be amazing, so I think we are in for a treat. I think episode 3 was a much needed breather between the heights of the action and big plot points.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I don't think Mobius or the TVA will come to the rescue, after all this is the worst apocalyptic of all according to Silvie if that´s true then they are hidden as explained in ep02, no?

Shit, you're totally right.

Well, theoretically, TVA could spend all the "time" they need hunting through various apocalypses throughout space and history before finally getting to this one.  But then again, they've got a few dozen branches that they are trying to trim.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Dream Team

That was easily the worst episode of the 3 miniseries so far.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Good stuff.  Not the chaos I was expecting following the end of episode 2, but we got great banter between two excellent actors who have obvious chemistry.

Hopefully the chaos hits full force next episode.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline kaos2900

My final opinion may change once the whole series is done, but as of now (3 episodes) this is easily my least favorite of the 3 Marvel Shows.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
I liked the episode plenty. Tons of great chemistry, cool scenes, good dialogue etc. Even some nice revelations about the TVA.

However I did feel that this episode lacked much...substance? It just felt like those packages from amazon that are a huge box filled mostly with airbubbles and a small keychain or something. Glad I got the keychain, but you could've put a lot more in that box.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
Felt a bit like an episode of Doctor Who in places.

Offline kaos2900

I liked the episode plenty. Tons of great chemistry, cool scenes, good dialogue etc. Even some nice revelations about the TVA.

However I did feel that this episode lacked much...substance? It just felt like those packages from amazon that are a huge box filled mostly with airbubbles and a small keychain or something. Glad I got the keychain, but you could've put a lot more in that box.

Right. There just seems to be something missing. Maybe it will all make sense once it's all done. It's obvious that this is a huge setup for all of the MCU in Phase 4 and beyond so it may even be years before we "get" everything.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
However I did feel that this episode lacked much...substance?

I liked the episode, but I agree with this. It just felt a bit predictable with the "what else could go wrong" type of writing. "Oh, We're stuck on the worst apocalypse, let's just jump back, oh wait, the battery is dead. That's fine let's go charge it. Oh, I guess we need to get on this train, Great. Well we got kicked out, oh crap, our equipment broke..." you get the idea. Overall, I thought it was a good episode that kind of hinted at the TVA not being what we thought it was.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
I think the main issue with "what else can go wrong" type of movies/episodes is that we know all along they'll get out of it somehow, so there's really no sense of fear for the characters. I tend to eventually roll my eyes at the next thing that blows up in their face in the types of episodes. Hopefully this set up future episodes and it'll all pay off later.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory

I just said the same thing to my folks (I'm definitely not a Who guy) Some random running about and nonsensical reasoning. Hope the 4th episode brings it back to some logic.

The chemistry is good, tho. She-Loki is pretty funny.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 04:13:08 PM by DoctorAction »
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline The Letter M

I just said the same thing to my folks (I'm definitely not a Who guy) Some random running about and nonsensical reasoning. Hope the 4th episode brings it back to some logic.

I was about to ask what "Mohammad reasoning" meant before you fixed your post.  :lol
I'm going to guess it was autocorrected on your phone and you just didn't check it before hitting "post"?

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory

I was about to ask what "Mohammad reasoning" meant before you fixed your post.  :lol
I'm going to guess it was autocorrected on your phone and you just didn't check it before hitting "post"?

-Marc.

Yes, exactly. When I came back to the thread I was like WTF happened in my post...   :lol

Offline The Letter M

Wow. Anyone who wanted more after last episode should certainly feel full after episode 4. I've watched it TWICE now and I can't settle down enough to fall asleep, so I'm posting my initial thoughts after two viewings.

Everyone in the cast had a moment to shine this episode, from Hunter B-15 and Mobius, to Loki and Sylvie, and even Ravonna Renslayer. They definitely amped things up a bit, and the not-so-twisty twist about the Time Keepers was fun to see unravel! I hope Ravonna spills the beans in episode five!

Also, if you missed it the first time, be sure to catch the mid-credits scene (after the main credits/before the black and white text credits). Definitely do not want to miss this one!!

-Marc.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 09:57:10 AM by The Letter M »

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
 :omg: :omg: :omg:

Just...

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, there was a lot to unpack there.  Think I'll need to watch again, as we had a couple of logistical hiccups with wi-fi and Disney+ that interrupted our viewing a couple times.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Letter M

Just...

:omg:

Pretty much! This, for me, is the best episode of the series so far, but I have a feeling the next one might top that, especially if we get a lot more on those Variants teased in the credits scene! Glad to finally see Richard E. Grant in the show, and his outfit is ridiculously fun. It's pretty much the equivalent of the Halloween episode of WandaVision, seeing their classic comic costumes in live action.

-Marc.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Adami

That was a VERY cool episode. Multiple jaw drops.

My only complain, and really is the only one I can think of, is that the fight scene was.....bad. It actually took me out of it just how poor the fight scene was. Hopefully this show won't rely a lot on fight scenes, because they're crushing literally everything else.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Fantastic!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
That episode was FANTASTIC.

I must admit that I had no idea there was a mid-credits scene, so at the end of the episode proper, my youngest and I literally sat in open-mouthed shock while the credits rolled, legitimately sad.  And then when the extra scene started, we both yetlled "YES!"

BTW, let's hear it for Gator Loki.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Yeah, I'm curious as to how Loki was born a reptile in some alternate universe/timeline/whatever.

Offline Adami

Yeah, I'm curious as to how Loki was born a reptile in some alternate universe/timeline/whatever.

I assume it's just a nod to Throg (Frog Thor).
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Um, okay.  I don't know that reference, but I'll take your word for it.

In the meantime:

Offline Adami

World of Wilson’s.

Or WoW.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni

BTW, let's hear it for Gator Loki.

Are we sure it's not a Lokidile?

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
That was terrific. Delighted with it.

My only complain, and really is the only one I can think of, is that the fight scene was.....bad. It actually took me out of it just how poor the fight scene was. Hopefully this show won't rely a lot on fight scenes, because they're crushing literally everything else.

Totally.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Speaking of Owen Wilson, I have to say that he's really killing it in this show.  I like Owen Wilson, but every character he's ever done (that I know of) is basically the same, and I really wasn't sure if it would work here.

Instead, his calm, chill manner has proven to be a great counterpart to Tom Hiddleston's Loki, and they have great chemistry together.  We'd better get a scene of Mobius on a jet-ski, though.  Make it an end-credits or mid-credits scene if you must, but they've dropped like a dozen hints; they must follow through.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
Speaking of Owen Wilson, I have to say that he's really killing it in this show.  I like Owen Wilson, but every character he's ever done (that I know of) is basically the same, and I really wasn't sure if it would work here.

Instead, his calm, chill manner has proven to be a great counterpart to Tom Hiddleston's Loki, and they have great chemistry together.  We'd better get a scene of Mobius on a jet-ski, though.  Make it an end-credits or mid-credits scene if you must, but they've dropped like a dozen hints; they must follow through.

Agree 100%

Offline jammindude

Croki
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
Yes, it's a genius piece of casting. They're fantastic together. At that point in the show last night I was like "oh noooo!"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah... when he got pruned, jinglie.son and I did an instant  :omg: :omg: at each other.  Then when Loki did, I knew something had to be up.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
Husband and I both said "can't be, he didn't say "Wow" yet!"