Author Topic: Loki (on Disney+) Official Thread - S2 Finale Out Now! Spoilers Within!  (Read 24878 times)

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
That was a VERY cool episode. Multiple jaw drops.

My only complain, and really is the only one I can think of, is that the fight scene was.....bad. It actually took me out of it just how poor the fight scene was. Hopefully this show won't rely a lot on fight scenes, because they're crushing literally everything else.

I agree. They need a new fight choreographer.

Offline The Letter M

Anyone else think about how everyone though that the MCU's first multiversal team-up would probably be Spider-Man No Way Home, but now it looks like it's going to be "Into The Lokiverse" with "our" Loki joining four other Loki variants in some abandoned New York (and possibly also meeting President Loki, who we still haven't seen yet). And we definitely need to see Croki just bite the ankles of someone or it'll be a lost opportunity.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
The memes coming from this show are fucking amazing.

Offline The Letter M

Wow, what an incredible penultimate episode! The various Lokis (or is it Loki?) make this a fun episode, especially Alligator Loki, who I have to give a hand to for stealing the show! I loved seeing the Throg cameo, too, which makes me wonder if he's there because of Alloki? Hmmm...

Classic Loki's last stand, complete with "glorious purpose" shout was brilliant, and the magically conjured Asgard was spectacular! I hope Kid Loki returns to the MCU for a Young Avengers crossover that they seem to keep setting up with these Disney+ shows so far!

Looking up Alioth in the comics, he's got a history with Kang, so if Kang isn't the "man behind the curtain" of the TVA, I'm not sure who would be. I just hope we get that question answered next week!

I can't say episode 5 is my favorite of the series so far, but it was definitely enjoyable and very fun to watch! There were tons of Easter eggs in there, like the THANOS COPTER in the background, so I may have to watch it again to try and catch them all!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Dude!  Spoiler warning!!!!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jammindude

Dude! This is the spoiler thread! That is why it’s separate from the MCU thread!
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
Crazy fucking episode, just wild.

One thing I'm tripping on, and will probably have to watch a bazillion YouTube vids to get an answer 9n,is what was the deal with the tiny trapped Thor in the ground when they first went to the Loki hideout?

Offline The Letter M

Crazy fucking episode, just wild.

One thing I'm tripping on, and will probably have to watch a bazillion YouTube vids to get an answer 9n,is what was the deal with the tiny trapped Thor in the ground when they first went to the Loki hideout?

It's a comics reference to Throg, based on when Loki turned Thor into a Frog. Looks like this MCU Throg got stuck in a jar and is trying to grab a full-sized Mjolnir. Definitely a wild cameo for sure!

Dude! This is the spoiler thread! That is why it’s separate from the MCU thread!

Precisely this. The general MCU thread is for non-recet-spoiler talk, but these show-specific threads have been for spoiler discussion once new episodes go up. I had been vague before in my initial post-show posts but other folks had wondered why I was being so vague when this was the dedicated thread for the show, and they all talked spoilers, so I decided to just go for it.

-Marc.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
Aw thanks man, you saved me some digging.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

I thought we were still working under the gentlemen’s agreement of 2 days grace .... not spoilers at 5 am on release day!

Either way, amazing episode. This is one I think I’ll rematch.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
I have a sneaking suspicion that the man/woman behind the curtain who started it all and has been manipulating time/everyone this whole time is going to be a 'Loki'. Probably will be a Tom Huddelston 'Loki' and then the two 'heros' are going to have to choose if they really want to destroy it all after they've been given a crafty dissertation as to 'why' it was all set up that way.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
I have a sneaking suspicion that the man/woman behind the curtain who started it all and has been manipulating time/everyone this whole time is going to be a 'Loki'. Probably will be a Tom Huddelston 'Loki' and then the two 'heros' are going to have to choose if they really want to destroy it all after they've been given a crafty dissertation as to 'why' it was all set up that way.

Yea, I can see that. The whole show seems about him confronting himself in many ways, and that would definitely fit into that. I don't see Kang being the big bad since it wasn't set up at all, but I can see a post-credits scene either hinting at him or showing him.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
FANTASTIC episode.  In addition to the wonderful storytelling and acting, they sprinkled in some pretty obscure Easter Eggs throughout.  I NEVER thought I would see the Thanos Copter in the MCU!

The Brokis are awesome, and Richard Grant's demise was fantastic.

If the big bad ISN'T Kang, then they have certainly wasted a lot of potential Kang-themed breadcrumbs throughout this series.

I hope that it's Kang, but that idea about another Loki also has merit.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Adami

FANTASTIC episode.  In addition to the wonderful storytelling and acting, they sprinkled in some pretty obscure Easter Eggs throughout.  I NEVER thought I would see the Thanos Copter in the MCU!

If the big bad ISN'T Kang, then they have certainly wasted a lot of potential Kang-themed breadcrumbs throughout this series.

I dunno. I feel like breadcrumbs aren't enough to make him the big bad here. You generally don't have the final villain be someone we haven't met or even had mentioned till the end. We know they're giving us Kang in Ant-Man and The Wasp, so maybe these breadcrumbs are leading to that. And like I said, maybe a post-credits scene here, but there just wouldn't be any emotional investment in fighting off a villain that the show hasn't even mentioned yet. We all thought they were going to do that in WandaVision with Mephisto and nope. They clearly have villains or antagonists that have been present to some degree before the finale.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus

I dunno. I feel like breadcrumbs aren't enough to make him the big bad here. You generally don't have the final villain be someone we haven't met or even had mentioned till the end. We know they're giving us Kang in Ant-Man and The Wasp, so maybe these breadcrumbs are leading to that. And like I said, maybe a post-credits scene here, but there just wouldn't be any emotional investment in fighting off a villain that the show hasn't even mentioned yet. We all thought they were going to do that in WandaVision with Mephisto and nope. They clearly have villains or antagonists that have been present to some degree before the finale.
Well, no villain is mentioned until they are mentioned.

I would argue that WandaVision did that with Agnes.  They just didn't wait until the very last episode to do so.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
What if it is a Loki variant that is Kang?  (i.e., what if they present Kang as a Loki variant?)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 10:29:12 AM by bosk1 »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Adami

Well, no villain is mentioned until they are mentioned.

I would argue that WandaVision did that with Agnes.  They just didn't wait until the very last episode to do so.

But they aren't mentioned in the final act only. That's just not good storytelling. And while Agnes wasn't mentioned as the villain, she as a character was there since episode 1. So she wasn't a completely new character, just a character turn.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
That's just not good storytelling.

??? Says who?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Adami

That's just not good storytelling.

??? Says who?

Me!

But maybe I’m wrong. Are there examples of these types of stories when the antagonist doesn’t get introduced or even mentioned until the climax? Did it work?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
There are different ways to do storytelling, especially in this medium. For example, it could be that Kang is behind it, but that defeating Kang isn't the finale of Loki, which is more about taking down the TVA, and setting up Kang within the MCU later on.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
I think Sylvie is going to die. 

I also think this show is still a complete mess.  Least favorite D+ TV series so far.  I would probably even put Inhumans ahead of it. 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

I also think this show is still a complete mess.  Least favorite D+ TV series so far.  I would probably even put Inhumans ahead of it.

This is very much as good (if not better) than WandaVision, imo.  I really hope you meant to put this in green font.

As for Kang, I would be disappointed as there are too many hints / easter eggs leading to that path.  I don't do much investigative work at all the easter eggs, but jingle.son does and there are just too many connections that it would be disingenuous of Marvel to cite them all as red herrings.  I can see there being one more Loki as a 'front' for Kang, but Kang needs to be the ultimate mastermind and creator of the TVA / Timekeepers.  Perhaps there's a Loki that already toppled Kang or something like that?

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory

Yeah, I think she might too.

It's a bit random in a Dr Who kinda way, but I've really enjoyed it. Better than FATWS but not quite as good as WandaVision, I would say.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline The Letter M

After hearing and thinking of several theories about who the "Man Behind The Curtain" is, I think the final boss will be the King Loki that has appeared in trailers, but he didn't rise to power alone. I think he'll reveal he had a benefactor, someone who helped him create the TVA as a way to control time, and convince him to control and get rid of dangerous variants of himself. And by giving King Loki a way to control the time line, his benefactor would be left alone as he watches from the shadows in Chronopolis, deep inside the Quantum Realm. Yes - I'm suggesting that Kang is King Loki's help. He'll probably appear in a mid- or post-credits scene, sort of how Thanos appeared at the end of the Avengers, and much in the same way Thanos gave 2012 Loki the Mind Stone/Scepter. Maybe Kang knows that Loki couldn't succeed on his own, but giving him the help to oversee the timeline would give a Loki a chance to finally rule something, but keep him busy enough to keep him out of Kang's hair.

But if Kang doesn't show up at ALL, I don't think I'll be TOO disappointed, but there have been similar let-downs based on fan-expectations before, so I'm trying to temper my expectations for this finale.

-Marc.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Loki is quirky and bonkers, but it's not random or messy.

That's part of why I love it - my favourite D+ series so far - but I understand why some people won't enjoy that style of storytelling so much.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
There are MANY easter eggs in the latest ep.

QENG the company that bought the Avengers towers, who is behind that company? Yup,  company owned by a man named Mister Gryphon, who is actually a version of Nathaniel Richards aka Kang the Conqueror.

Alioth and his past witk KANG https://www.menshealth.com/entertainment/a36954982/loki-alioth-mcu-marvel-comics/

Yellow Jacket helmet?

Thanos copter

Throg and the tag in the jar may be an allusion to the episode when it was introduced originally in the comics on 1965

The Philadelphia experiment
https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/686690-loki-uss-eldridge-ship-boat-philadelphia-experiment-173

ronan the accuser´s ship?

Living Tribunal´s head?

Helicarrier with Hydra symbol?

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Caught the episode last night. Really like it, they are setting up the plot for a very dramatic ending. I did not catch nearly as many easter eggs, so might need to rewatch it. Don't know who will be the main villain, but I like the idea of another Loki, though given how much power and control this individual has, I would not be surprised if it's not that.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Can someone please explain to me the "Thanos Copter"?  It's one of the few (thousand) references in the MCU that I don't recall.

Offline Adami

Can someone please explain to me the "Thanos Copter"?  It's one of the few (thousand) references in the MCU that I don't recall.

There’s not a ton to it. It’s from an old comic that, I’m pretty sure, wasn’t an official cannon thing where Thanos went super campy and had a 60s style personalized thanos copter. Because it was just so silly it really caught on in nerd culture.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni

There’s not a ton to it. It’s from an old comic that, I’m pretty sure, wasn’t an official cannon thing where Thanos went super campy and had a 60s style personalized thanos copter. Because it was just so silly it really caught on in nerd culture.

It was originally from Spidey Super Stories, which was basically a comic for younger kids based on the Spider-Man skits on The Electric Company.  If I remember correctly, Thanos gets arrested by the police at the end of the issue.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Thanks.  Some people were getting pretty excited about seeing it, and I had no idea what it was.  Apparently there are a lot of things in the background in The Void that are references to other things.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus

I wouldn't put Inhumans ahead of the flu.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef

I wouldn't put Inhumans ahead of the flu.

I'd put it right above a swift kick in the nuts.

Offline jammindude

When we first got D+, I put on the Inhumans with the full expectation that I was going to be watching a dumpster fire on the level of Plan 9 from Outer Space the way people were talking about it. I was prepared to make fun of it ala MST3K.

With my expectations THAT low, what I ended up getting wasn’t really that bad. The lady was hot and I really liked the dog. I hope that ends up being canonical somehow.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude