Author Topic: Demo Version Lyrics?  (Read 2148 times)

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
Demo Version Lyrics?
« on: May 13, 2021, 09:19:31 AM »
Once upon a time, there was an unofficial DT Songbook that included lyrics for demo versions (and also tried to transcribe samples for various songs).  This site seems to have gone the way of the dodo, now.  Does anyone know where I can find demo version lyrics?  Especially for Anna Lee?  My google searches have come up with nothing.

Offline Setlist Scotty

Re: Demo Version Lyrics?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 12:07:13 PM »
Do you still have the original URL? You could probably use the Wayback Machine to access the unofficial DT songbook then.

https://archive.org/web/
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Robo4900

• The Killing Hand
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 04:03:03 PM »
I have some of these in text files, I'll post what I've got for you...

A Change of Seasons demo version (may be the live '93 live version; I seem to recall some lyrics differ between '90 and '93, but I'm not certain. Also not certain of all the sources of the samples from the '90 version)

Anna Lee demo

I know all the lyrics to You Or Me, the Burning My Soul demo, and all the other demo songs out there (except for Afterlife '86. Can't make out a word of that!), but I don't have time to note them all down right now. I used to have them all written down, but I think I lost the files at some point. I think most of them can be found with a little googling, though.
Q: "When he went, had you gone and had she, if she wanted to and were able, for the time being excluding all the restraints on her not to go also, would he have brought you, meaning she and then, to the station?"
A: "OBJECTION, your honor! That question should be taken out and shot!"
--Allegedly from Utah vs Kelly, Superior Court of Utah, 1994. May be apocryphal

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2021, 06:42:21 AM »

I have some of these in text files, I'll post what I've got for you...

A Change of Seasons demo version (may be the live '93 live version; I seem to recall some lyrics differ between '90 and '93, but I'm not certain. Also not certain of all the sources of the samples from the '90 version)

Anna Lee demo

I know all the lyrics to You Or Me, the Burning My Soul demo, and all the other demo songs out there (except for Afterlife '86. Can't make out a word of that!), but I don't have time to note them all down right now. I used to have them all written down, but I think I lost the files at some point. I think most of them can be found with a little googling, though.

I'm not sure how I missed these replies previously.  Thanks!

I