Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread v.2  (Read 195500 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Coronavirus Thread v.2
« Reply #4060 on: June 04, 2022, 11:01:02 AM »
https://news.yahoo.com/mask-rules-suddenly-back-california-151004179.html
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sacramento-school-district-returns-to-indoor-mask-mandate-due-to-local-covid-19-surge/ar-AAY1qgj
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/one-of-nj-s-largest-school-districts-reinstates-mandatory-masks-for-kids-and-teachers/ar-AAXYibY
https://collegenews.org/mask-mandates-reinstated-at-several-us-universities/

Good times.

Yup...county I live in fired up the indoor mandate yesterday. Went to an AA meeting last night, and they stated it at the beginning and passed them out. Of course there was the one ass who literally ranted about how the bill of rights was being trampled on blah blah...meeting secretary quickly shut him up by pointing out AA tradition 1 that states our common welfare comes first, personal recovery depends upon AA unity, and asked him to take such conversations outside the room. That shit stops at the door, and I fucking love it.

It is funny though, I have to wear them indoor where I'm at, but if I travel less than a half mile to the north, I'm in CoCo County and don't. Crazy times man.

It's a good thing the virus knows to spread itself differently in different counties!   ::)
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #4061 on: June 04, 2022, 11:04:04 AM »
Probably for the Politics thread, but found out today WA state is in day number 826 of our Governor's State of Emergency.

Yeah... Liberal leaders don't want to be the one to say it's over... But some point, it has to be over.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #4062 on: June 05, 2022, 10:26:58 AM »
So after running errands around town with the current reinstated health order in action, it's blatantly clear the majority of people are fucking over it and just are ignoring it.  :lol

Offline Melphina

« Reply #4063 on: June 06, 2022, 02:11:18 PM »
Knock on wood but I made it through progpower USA without getting covid. Three tests now from the nose and throat came back negative, although I'll test again in a couple days.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4064 on: June 06, 2022, 02:48:36 PM »
Knock on wood but I made it through progpower USA without getting covid. Three tests now from the nose and throat came back negative, although I'll test again in a couple days.

You took THREE TESTS?? Why, is that for work?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4065 on: June 06, 2022, 04:39:51 PM »

With a fourth on the way.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4066 on: June 06, 2022, 06:19:52 PM »

Virtually everyone I spoken to that's had Omicron COVID - and from my own personal experience - have at least 2 (my nephew had 5) negative tests before getting a positive one.  I'd say if you're not symptomatic, no reason to test (unless required for work).  I wasn't positive until my 3rd test - 4 days after exposure and 2 days after symptoms.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Melphina

« Reply #4067 on: June 06, 2022, 06:44:12 PM »
I don't see what the problem is with testing frequently. I had to travel to O'Hare and spent over 5 days in Atlanta around thousands of people. I also took one test via the nose and the next day took one via throat sample because I heard people who had a negative with a nasal swab popped positive when they swabbed their throat. The third was actually my first test before I even left for the airport. The fourth will be done in a few days because I also heard it might not be detected for several days.

It's not a huge effort, they're at home tests that take seconds to do. It's not for work either, it's just out of concern. A lot of my friends and bands and crew members got covid during and after progpower including my girlfriend who has it badly right now. So I'm testing frequently. So far so good, no symptoms.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4068 on: June 06, 2022, 06:52:00 PM »
OK. If your girl has it and you're a close contact, I get that. They way you posted was that you were just testing just because..

I suppose with these tests and their margin of error, you test enough, you'll eventually get a positive result.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4069 on: June 06, 2022, 06:56:11 PM »
Too damn expensive to keep buying them to test yourself.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #4070 on: June 06, 2022, 07:30:39 PM »
To attend ProgPower, I went to where I always went when I had to get one every week to attend classes...CVS. The way it's done there is a self-swab in the nose. They don't even watch you, they just ask if you know how to do it, you say yes, and they go and do other stuff, like filling prescriptions for the people picking up in the next lane.

I just find that hilarious. Not including how everyone at ProgPower was going to various places throughout the city where their exposure is just as high as being at ProgPower, and no testing or vaccination card is required for such things. Such as the restaurants and being at the airport or the MARTA transit system.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #4071 on: June 06, 2022, 08:48:09 PM »
I've seen two positive tests posts so far from friends on Facebook who attended PPUSA. Fully expecting more. Good luck guys.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4072 on: June 06, 2022, 08:54:01 PM »
Took my first ever Covid test yesterday. Was the last in our family to do so. Fortunately - and I mean that literally, as we are not living like hermits, we've just been lucky - no one here has ever tested positive. Wife insisted as my voice is a bit hoarse, though my throat is not sore at all.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4073 on: June 06, 2022, 09:51:22 PM »
Test kits are still free us up here. I think we’ve got 8-10 boxes in the cupboard (5 tests in a box). They were giving them out like candy on Hallowe’en for a while.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4074 on: June 07, 2022, 05:19:23 AM »
Test kits are still free us up here. I think we’ve got 8-10 boxes in the cupboard (5 tests in a box). They were giving them out like candy on Hallowe’en for a while.

Oh wow.  They are like 10 bucks each over here.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4075 on: June 07, 2022, 06:36:12 AM »

Us too.   I could for a while (don't know if I still can) drive up to the town Board of Education office and they will just hand them to you.  Last time I went in, I asked for four boxes (2 in a box) and she came out with five "by mistake" and said "just take it, you'll use it!".  Okay! 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4076 on: June 07, 2022, 08:53:13 AM »
I saw on facebook some people post about covid concerns after Progpower.  I don't feel sick so I haven't tested myself. 

Offline Melphina

« Reply #4077 on: June 07, 2022, 04:36:59 PM »
Me and like 2 of my close buddies I was around the whole fest are out here dodging positive results like Neo right now :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4078 on: June 07, 2022, 04:49:33 PM »
Quit worrying.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4079 on: June 07, 2022, 05:53:53 PM »

Offline Melphina

« Reply #4080 on: June 07, 2022, 06:16:55 PM »
Who said I'm worrying about anything? I'm not. If I get it then I get it.  I just wanna know if I do.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4081 on: June 07, 2022, 06:44:13 PM »
Who said I'm worrying about anything? I'm not. If I get it then I get it.  I just wanna know if I do.

When you start coughing you "might" have it.

And why do you wanna know? If you're not showing symptoms, then what's the difference? And say you get it...then what?

Stop thinking about it and go about your life. At what point in our lives does a daily covid test become part of the morning routine? Shit, shower, coffee, covid test..

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4082 on: June 07, 2022, 06:59:25 PM »

Why?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4083 on: June 07, 2022, 07:20:42 PM »

Have a kid mate and fast track em into school and you'll have free ones coming out of your clacker  :lol
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4084 on: June 07, 2022, 07:21:38 PM »

Have a kid mate and fast track em into school and you'll have free ones coming out of your clacker  :lol

Like Kade needs another reason to not have a kid.. :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4085 on: June 07, 2022, 07:25:07 PM »

True?!  .......nah....still not worth it.  ;D

Like Kade needs another reason to not have a kid.. :lol

The list of reasons is already at capacity.  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4086 on: June 07, 2022, 07:28:06 PM »
We got more free ones from the post office. When my wife saw them, she was like...OK how many do we have NOW?  :lol

Er...12. :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4087 on: June 07, 2022, 07:35:49 PM »
We got more free ones from the post office. When my wife saw them, she was like...OK how many do we have NOW?  :lol

Er...12. :lol

Keep them.  They may become a collectors item one day.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4088 on: June 07, 2022, 07:39:08 PM »
My wife orders them periodically, I can't recall a time there weren't a bunch in the medicine cabinet. And since they have a shelf life they can't be stockpiled forever.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Melphina

« Reply #4089 on: June 07, 2022, 07:44:18 PM »

Why?

I find this an odd response. I want to know if I caught the virus. That's it, that's the reason. Is something wrong with that?

I also work at a shipping facility with hundreds of employees... so it's nice to know if I have it before going in. Sorry if I sound perturbed but I was once dogged here for not wearing masks much anymore back in 21, but now I'm testing after a big fest and getting questioned about it? :lol
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 07:49:49 PM by Melphina »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4090 on: June 07, 2022, 07:55:29 PM »
Sorry if I sound perturbed but I was once dogged here for not wearing masks much anymore back in 21, but now I'm testing after a big fest and getting questioned about it? :lol

I thought so. And I certainly didn't dog you then, and I'm not dogging you now. I guess I was wondering what changed for you.

You just seem super concerned now about it.

I also work at a shipping facility with hundreds of employees...

Why would feel more susceptible at Progpower than you would at work with "hundreds of employees"?
Surely you don't test everyday after work, do you?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4091 on: June 07, 2022, 08:06:06 PM »

Why?

I find this an odd response. I want to know if I caught the virus. That's it, that's the reason. Is something wrong with that?

I also work at a shipping facility with hundreds of employees... so it's nice to know if I have it before going in. Sorry if I sound perturbed but I was once dogged here for not wearing masks much anymore back in 21, but now I'm testing after a big fest and getting questioned about it? :lol

That certainly wouldn't have been me.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #4092 on: June 07, 2022, 08:07:11 PM »
Maybe he doesn't want to give it to his employees after getting it at ProgPower.  Maybe he wants to know in case he's eligible for antivirals.  Maybe he has relatives that he'll avoid seeing if he's positive.  Etc, etc.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4093 on: June 07, 2022, 08:08:37 PM »
My thinking all along is that everyone has their own level of comfort with this virus.  A few people at work wore masks all day at work long after the requirement was dropped, but my thought was, if that made them comfortable, more power to them. Same for those who were fine going unmasked.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4094 on: June 07, 2022, 08:10:16 PM »
Mike, I'm not trying to bust your balls. I'm really not. You can test where and whenever you want. But I find it interesting why people do things the way they do in regards to Covid. You struck me as someone that didn't seem all that concerned, or at least was accepting life as it was, so when you said you were testing daily, I noticed.

Maybe he has relatives that he'll avoid seeing if he's positive. 

Then in that case, probably best to avoid them for the next couple of weeks anyway. Not sure what testing has to do with it. These tests aren't 100% accurate. Not even close.