Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread v.2  (Read 195473 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Coronavirus Thread v.2
« Reply #3990 on: May 05, 2022, 11:11:54 AM »
Dammit.  I feel bad for both of you.  I hope you both mend soon.

Just trying to be helpful here, but I read an article by the CDC that running song polls does wonders for one's COVID symptoms.   Iron Maiden! Top 100!   :)  :) :) :)

Patience, good sir.  That is next after we finish VH.  :metal :metal

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3991 on: May 05, 2022, 11:40:30 AM »
Dammit.  I feel bad for both of you.  I hope you both mend soon.

Just trying to be helpful here, but I read an article by the CDC that running song polls does wonders for one's COVID symptoms.   Iron Maiden! Top 100!   :)  :) :) :)

Patience, good sir.  That is next after we finish VH.  :metal :metal

I know this is the wrong place, but your avatar made me think of it:  I watched the SNL where Taylor did the 10-minute "All Too Well"; what a tremendous performance.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3992 on: May 05, 2022, 02:20:38 PM »

I know this is the wrong place, but your avatar made me think of it:  I watched the SNL where Taylor did the 10-minute "All Too Well"; what a tremendous performance.

Hell yeah! I may need to watch that later to pep up some from this covid blahness.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3993 on: May 05, 2022, 07:56:47 PM »
Covid problems:

Awoke from a long nap around 6:45 pm and had to pee. I didn't go till just now (around 8:50) simply because I didn't have the energy or strength to get up and go.  And going all over myself seemed unwise.  :lol :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3994 on: May 05, 2022, 07:57:45 PM »
Damn.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3995 on: May 05, 2022, 08:35:02 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #3996 on: May 06, 2022, 05:32:16 AM »
Damn.

Yep - my advice to you is that every time you get up, make yourself a strong screwdriver time of day be damned.

Remember, you need your vitamin C.  :hat

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #3997 on: May 06, 2022, 06:10:11 AM »
Covid problems:

Awoke from a long nap around 6:45 pm and had to pee. I didn't go till just now (around 8:50) simply because I didn't have the energy or strength to get up and go.  And going all over myself seemed unwise.  :lol :lol

Yeah, that's what hit me the most was just that complete lack of energy. For me it lasted two days tops.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3998 on: May 06, 2022, 06:23:16 AM »
Covid problems:

Awoke from a long nap around 6:45 pm and had to pee. I didn't go till just now (around 8:50) simply because I didn't have the energy or strength to get up and go.  And going all over myself seemed unwise:lol :lol

Depends; how old is the couch?   :)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3999 on: May 06, 2022, 08:21:19 AM »
Covid problems:

Yeah, that's what hit me the most was just that complete lack of energy. For me it lasted two days tops.

This is day 4 for me (since Tuesday was really when I started to feel depleted) and my energy level is still pretty low. 

The good news is, the fever seems to be totally gone and my throat isn't quite as sore, although I think the latter could be drainage could be coating my throat making it less like dry like when getting over a cold or sinus infection, but the nausea, and some of the fun that can sometimes go along with that, has been terrible this morning.

Covid problems:

Awoke from a long nap around 6:45 pm and had to pee. I didn't go till just now (around 8:50) simply because I didn't have the energy or strength to get up and go.  And going all over myself seemed unwise:lol :lol

Haha, the nap was in my normal comfy bed.  That is the one fringe benefit of this: I busted out the electronic blanket and leave it on, so when I crawl into bed to sleep, given the chills I have had all week, getting under those warm covers feels pretty awesome.  :hat :hat

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4000 on: May 07, 2022, 08:57:12 AM »
I still have a bit of a stuffy nose and get tired when standing for more than eight seconds, but I am definitely not as sick as I was a few days ago.  This being quarantined in my condo for a few more days may drive me crazy :lol, but it is what it is.  I had zero issues with breathing, and have had no loss of taste or smell, so I guess I should feel pretty lucky.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #4001 on: May 07, 2022, 10:11:48 PM »
Glad you're starting to feel a little better - hopefully you'll start to get some energy back.

I hope you're doing better as well Jingle.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4002 on: May 08, 2022, 05:41:20 AM »
Glad you're starting to feel a little better - hopefully you'll start to get some energy back.

I hope you're doing better as well Jingle.

I am. At this point (still tested positive yesterday), it's just a bit of chest congestion, and the occasional runny nose.  Thanks for asking Chris.  If not for the fact I'm still shedding the virus, I could definitely resume 'normal' activities.  Such as it is, I'm still masking and isolating until I know there's no chance to infect the rest of the jingle.family.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline romdrums

« Reply #4003 on: May 09, 2022, 08:23:08 AM »
Covid problems:

I think you may have solved his problem, Stads.  ;)
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #4004 on: May 09, 2022, 08:48:23 AM »
Haven't popped in this thread in a bit......sorry to hear it was Chad and Kev's turn to get this thing. Good to see/read that you guys are battling it well. The exhaustion and feeling weak is definitely the symptom that is the most strange to experience. Here's to both of you getting back to full health soon!  :tup
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4005 on: May 09, 2022, 09:11:03 AM »
Haven't popped in this thread in a bit......sorry to hear it was Chad and Kev's turn to get this thing. Good to see/read that you guys are battling it well. The exhaustion and feeling weak is definitely the symptom that is the most strange to experience. Here's to both of you getting back to full health soon!  :tup

Woke up this morning without a tight chest for the first time in a week.  Still some fairly mild coughing, but it should be just a matter of days before the worst of these symptoms are gone.  Then we'll see how the energy/fatigue is once I start trying to get back to exercising.

Hopefully I can get a couple negative tests by the weekend, and get back into general population within my own house. :lol
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #4006 on: May 09, 2022, 09:41:14 AM »
start trying to get back to exercising.

I wish you luck with this, truly. I've lamented in the exercise thread about what Covid did to my motivation to exercise. I ran 5 miles 3-5 days a week prior to catching Covid for the first time in December of 2020. Since then, my desire and motivation to get out and run has vanished. I've thrown in three half marathons since then but with little to no training....and I still play hockey for three hours every sunday, but my point is where there once wasn't an issue getting motivated to get out and run there now lies an issue getting myself to go do it.

Maybe it coincides with ageing and the fact I've thrown a lot of miles on my legs since 2008.....whatever the reason it was never an issue until AFTER I had Covid the first time. 
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #4007 on: May 09, 2022, 09:49:05 AM »

Woke up this morning without a tight chest for the first time in a week.  Still some fairly mild coughing, but it should be just a matter of days before the worst of these symptoms are gone.  Then we'll see how the energy/fatigue is once I start trying to get back to exercising.

Hopefully I can get a couple negative tests by the weekend, and get back into general population within my own house. :lol

Still a week away from Dr Strange I'd imagine.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4008 on: May 09, 2022, 09:51:00 AM »

Still a week away from Dr Strange I'd imagine.

Unfortunately.  Best case, Thursday; most likely, next Monday.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4009 on: May 09, 2022, 05:46:25 PM »

Thanks, man!

I am still exhausted and have a slightly stuffy nose, but otherwise I am mostly back to normal, though I notice my carpal tunnel syndrome, which has been 90% better in the last year, has been acting up again the last few days, so I guess that is a side effect of having had covid. Back to doing my daily exercises for that, I guess.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #4010 on: May 10, 2022, 11:57:49 AM »
My CTS got a lot better when I started regularly taking vitamin d.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4011 on: May 10, 2022, 12:06:07 PM »
I'm on Day 12 post exposure / Day 10 post symptoms onset / Day 8 post positive test ...still tested positive today
sniffles and occasional coughing still.  The damn thing just lingers on.  I'll test again Saturday and hope that I get my first not-positive test.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4012 on: May 10, 2022, 03:14:41 PM »
I'm on Day 12 post exposure / Day 10 post symptoms onset / Day 8 post positive test ...still tested positive today
sniffles and occasional coughing still.  The damn thing just lingers on.  I'll test again Saturday and hope that I get my first not-positive test.

Wow Chad!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4013 on: May 10, 2022, 03:27:48 PM »

Wow Chad!

Wow what?  You sound surprised.  This isn't terribly uncommon.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4014 on: May 10, 2022, 03:39:28 PM »

Wow Chad!

Just wow. That's all.  :lol

Offline Harmony

« Reply #4015 on: May 10, 2022, 03:42:39 PM »

Wow Chad!

Yes, quite common.  I think was isn't totally known is how infectious you are if you are still testing positive.  I've read after 10 days you "probably" are no longer infectious.  Which still doesn't make sense that employers and schools welcome people back after 5 days.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4016 on: May 10, 2022, 03:48:38 PM »
It's 5 days if no temp and you test negative. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4017 on: May 10, 2022, 03:57:43 PM »
And then all you have to worry about is the possibility of ‘brain fog’ and hair loss for a couple of months.

Not trying to be a downer for you, but to wake up some of the naysayers around these parts. As a former smoker for decades, I am petrified about getting this, as I await my second booster shot.  Yeah , I’ll survive, but what will I be able to do afterwards.

Keep fighting the good fights, Chad and Kev👍
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Harmony

« Reply #4018 on: May 10, 2022, 04:03:28 PM »
It's 5 days if no temp and you test negative.

Not in our schools and not at my job.  5 days and asymptomatic and you are good to go.  They do not require a retest.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4019 on: May 10, 2022, 04:45:46 PM »
I've wondered about the science behind the 5 days asymptomatic rule. But yeah, 8 days of positive is fairly normal. I think I was negative by day 7 but had symptoms for about 10 days. I was shocked I was negative on day 7 but who knows with at home tests. Work didn't need me back that badly so I quarantined a total of 10 days to be safe. You are getting better so that's the good news.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4020 on: May 10, 2022, 04:50:15 PM »
I read you can still test positive even a week or two after all your symptoms are gone.  Not sure how true that is.  Over here we don't need a negative test to go back to normal.  Just once we are symptom free.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4021 on: May 10, 2022, 05:20:53 PM »
And then all you have to worry about is the possibility of ‘brain fog’ and hair loss for a couple of months.

I didn't even need COVID for that!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4022 on: May 10, 2022, 05:25:37 PM »
I read you can still test positive even a week or two after all your symptoms are gone.  Not sure how true that is.  Over here we don't need a negative test to go back to normal.  Just once we are symptom free.

Oh, I'm sure of that.  Again, there's no rhyme or reason to the symptoms, or how long it can take to fully expel the virus.  So long as I'm testing positive though, I'm not going in to general population.  I'll say this though, my first positive test, the line was dark - almost black.  The test I took on Saturday, more orange.  The test I took today, a very faint orange.  My 'positivity' is clearly waning, so hopefully by the weekend I'm out of solitary confinement.  :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4023 on: May 10, 2022, 05:26:12 PM »
Aside from a tiny sniffle and still feeling like someone beat me up, I feel mostly fine now. 

Offline Harmony

« Reply #4024 on: May 10, 2022, 05:28:00 PM »
Aside from a tiny sniffle and still feeling like someone beat me up, I feel mostly fine now.

I've heard a lot of people talk about being god awful fatigued.  You have any of that?