Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread v.2  (Read 191120 times)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Re: Coronavirus Thread v.2
« Reply #3220 on: January 18, 2022, 12:08:04 PM »
This is the dumbest conversation I've ever read on this forum.

Now that's just rude, and my bar for rudeness is pretty high.

What's rude is people who are non-parents making a one-size fits all assumption about how children learn.

Fix'd....

What's rude is people who are non-parents making a one-size fits all assumption about how children learn while wearing masks.

You can flip that though and say the people recommending masks for all children are doing the same. It's why I think the public health institutions should stay out of it and let parents make their own choices.
Children do not learn the same. And children are not taught all the same values and beliefs. Schools are indoctrination centers that teach children the values, beliefs, and customs of the society they are being integrated into. It's why Asian schools, European schools, and even Native American schools are all different. It's why Christian schools are private institutions so they can teach the lessons and values of their christian beliefs.

Public Schools are indoctrination centers ran by the government to instill the values to integrate children into American Society. When a school doesn't do this, then that institution fails.

These public schools were already failing long before covid-19, and what I feel happened is this virus exposed this to a lot of people, because it could not handle it. A lot of people are switching to homeschooling.

And for me, the best type of teaching comes from the parents and the community, whom are very capable of being able to teach their own kids how to be productive members of society. More so than a teacher who has to abide by the regulations set by the public schooling administration industry.

If the parents do not like the masking going on in the schools, they have the freedom to pull their kids out of school and homeschool them. It may require an entire lifestyle change and shift on one's life, but it can be done. I just do not know how that balance is on how easy it is for some to homeschool, while quite difficult for others in which they have no choice but to rely on the public schools for many things besides education.

Over here, a big problem with schools being shut down is that many children will go without food, many homeless children attend public schools for the sole purpose of getting a meal to eat. And also, just recently, the schools shut down over a cyber attack and not because of this pandemic. Which for me, I find that reason for public schools to be closed even more hilarious in this damn crazy ass chaotoc rollercoaster we were thrust onto. Because, to me, that shows even though the schools may have a sense of control over a health pandemic, there's still the cyber threats the schools can't even handle, which if the schools were not so dependent on technology or had fail-safes, they would have still been open as the teachers hand counted, and wrote down attendance in their little grade book, while using the textbooks or books at their local library to teach their subject of choice.

If I were a parent, I'd be more concerned about a cyber attack than masking, to be honest.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3221 on: January 18, 2022, 12:17:04 PM »

What's rude is people who are non-parents making a one-size fits all assumption about how children learn while wearing masks.

You can flip that though and say the people recommending masks for all children are doing the same. It's why I think the public health institutions should stay out of it and let parents make their own choices.

Kind of with Reapsta here.  The problem doesn't seem to be that it's a one-size fits all assumption, just that it's not the FAVORED one-size fits all assumption. 

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #3222 on: January 18, 2022, 12:45:23 PM »
Kind of with Reapsta here.  The problem doesn't seem to be that it's a one-size fits all assumption, just that it's not the FAVORED one-size fits all assumption.

I have a degree in public health and my entire perception of the pandemic for the last two years has always been from a public health standpoint.  To me, public health measures are more important than individual freedoms and choices.  I understand that it's different for every family, but when we're talking about trying to reduce the transmission of a disease within a population (such as kids in school), it's an all-or-nothing decision.  Every kid wears a mask, or no kids wear a mask.  You can't make masks an individual's choice when you're trying to reduce virus transmission.  This is my public health degree speaking.   Here's why:

Me wearing a mask protects YOU.  You wearing a mask protects ME.   It takes two to tango here.

There is a reason surgeons and medical professionals in an operation room wear masks and not the patient.  They're only trying to protect the person on the table whose body cavity is open.   If a family wants their kid to wear a mask, they have a limited amount of protection for wearing the mask.  But the kid without a mask who is sneezing and sniffling in class?  Those germs are flying all over the place.  If that symptomatic kid is wearing a mask, those germs aren't flying as far across the room when he sneezes.  Most of them will stay behind the mask.

Prior to Omicron, I was fine with the idea of vaccinated individuals not having to wear a mask, because they weren't spreading the disease as much.  With Omicron, we're back to square one on the mask thing since it's been getting around the vaccines. 

As I type this, my unvaccinated son is now exhibiting symptoms of covid, similar to what my daughter had.  I'm a very nervous dad today and will probably be bowing out of this conversation since it's not going to do any good and will just get me even further wound up.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3223 on: January 18, 2022, 12:49:46 PM »
I hope it's not COVID there Grappler, and it's just winter sniffles.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #3224 on: January 18, 2022, 12:56:40 PM »
Children do not learn the same. And children are not taught all the same values and beliefs. Schools are indoctrination centers that teach children the values, beliefs, and customs of the society they are being integrated into. It's why Asian schools, European schools, and even Native American schools are all different. It's why Christian schools are private institutions so they can teach the lessons and values of their christian beliefs.

Public Schools are indoctrination centers ran by the government to instill the values to integrate children into American Society. When a school doesn't do this, then that institution fails.

These public schools were already failing long before covid-19, and what I feel happened is this virus exposed this to a lot of people, because it could not handle it. A lot of people are switching to homeschooling.

All correct.

And for me, the best type of teaching comes from the parents and the community, whom are very capable of being able to teach their own kids how to be productive members of society. More so than a teacher who has to abide by the regulations set by the public schooling administration industry.

If the parents do not like the masking going on in the schools, they have the freedom to pull their kids out of school and homeschool them. It may require an entire lifestyle change and shift on one's life, but it can be done. I just do not know how that balance is on how easy it is for some to homeschool, while quite difficult for others in which they have no choice but to rely on the public schools for many things besides education.

Over here, a big problem with schools being shut down is that many children will go without food, many homeless children attend public schools for the sole purpose of getting a meal to eat.

I feel like these paragraphs speak for themselves. Homeschool/private school are not viable options for all parents. Therefore public school needs to be as unobtrusive and reliable for as many people as possible.

And also, just recently, the schools shut down over a cyber attack and not because of this pandemic. Which for me, I find that reason for public schools to be closed even more hilarious in this damn crazy ass chaotoc rollercoaster we were thrust onto. Because, to me, that shows even though the schools may have a sense of control over a health pandemic, there's still the cyber threats the schools can't even handle, which if the schools were not so dependent on technology or had fail-safes, they would have still been open as the teachers hand counted, and wrote down attendance in their little grade book, while using the textbooks or books at their local library to teach their subject of choice.

If I were a parent, I'd be more concerned about a cyber attack than masking, to be honest.

I feel like you're trying to drive at something here but I'm not sure what it is.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #3225 on: January 18, 2022, 12:57:09 PM »

Me too - was just on the phone with the doctor's office for some guidance.  We have to wait another 24 hours to see if it gets any worse and he develops additional covid symptoms before we can bring him in for a test.   Nothing makes me feel more helpless than having sick kids.  With my daughter, I knew she was at least vaccinated and I didn't have to worry as much. 

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #3226 on: January 18, 2022, 12:58:05 PM »

Me too - was just on the phone with the doctor's office for some guidance.  We have to wait another 24 hours to see if it gets any worse and he develops additional covid symptoms before we can bring him in for a test.   Nothing makes me feel more helpless than having sick kids.  With my daughter, I knew she was at least vaccinated and I didn't have to worry as much. 

I hope your son is well
Over and over again

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3227 on: January 18, 2022, 01:06:29 PM »
Apparently the website is up for Americans to order free at home tests.  I have 7 tests purchased at home so no need for me, but those who haven't gotten sick yet may want to stock up.  It was pretty crappy to not be able to find a test a few weeks ago so it would be good to have some on hand. 

As for children, I will stay out of it as I don't have kids and I don't feel the need to get opinionated on that, but all my parent friends seem to have some gripe with how the schools are handling things from both sides of the table. 

I do agree with this though, you're either all in or not:

Every kid wears a mask, or no kids wear a mask. 

Offline emtee

« Reply #3228 on: January 18, 2022, 01:35:41 PM »
FYI, covidtests.gov is up. Just placed my order for 4 tests. Surprisingly, it was as easy as pie with no glitches.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3229 on: January 18, 2022, 01:53:05 PM »
FYI, covidtests.gov is up. Just placed my order for 4 tests. Surprisingly, it was as easy as pie with no glitches.

Rumor has it it's being run by Radiant Records.  You'll see your tests by summer. 

I KID!  I KID! 

Offline Melphina

« Reply #3230 on: January 18, 2022, 01:54:36 PM »
Thanks for that emtee, just ordered mine.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3231 on: January 18, 2022, 01:54:50 PM »

Same. Super easy.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3232 on: January 18, 2022, 02:55:49 PM »

I have a degree in public health and my entire perception of the pandemic for the last two years has always been from a public health standpoint.  To me, public health measures are more important than individual freedoms and choices.  I understand that it's different for every family, but when we're talking about trying to reduce the transmission of a disease within a population (such as kids in school), it's an all-or-nothing decision.  Every kid wears a mask, or no kids wear a mask.  You can't make masks an individual's choice when you're trying to reduce virus transmission.  This is my public health degree speaking.   Here's why:

Me wearing a mask protects YOU.  You wearing a mask protects ME.   It takes two to tango here.

There is a reason surgeons and medical professionals in an operation room wear masks and not the patient.  They're only trying to protect the person on the table whose body cavity is open.   If a family wants their kid to wear a mask, they have a limited amount of protection for wearing the mask.  But the kid without a mask who is sneezing and sniffling in class?  Those germs are flying all over the place.  If that symptomatic kid is wearing a mask, those germs aren't flying as far across the room when he sneezes.  Most of them will stay behind the mask.

Prior to Omicron, I was fine with the idea of vaccinated individuals not having to wear a mask, because they weren't spreading the disease as much.  With Omicron, we're back to square one on the mask thing since it's been getting around the vaccines. 

As I type this, my unvaccinated son is now exhibiting symptoms of covid, similar to what my daughter had.  I'm a very nervous dad today and will probably be bowing out of this conversation since it's not going to do any good and will just get me even further wound up.

Yes to all of this. You put it in such a simple and succinct way. I cannot understand how it is that hard to get.

As for your son, I can't imagine what you are going through. Hope things work out.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3233 on: January 18, 2022, 03:02:49 PM »

Yes to all of this. You put it in such a simple and succinct way. I cannot understand how it is that hard to get.

As for your son, I can't imagine what you are going through. Hope things work out.

It's not (to the bolded part).  But after 23 months, it's also not worth trying to discuss anymore, imo.  People's belief systems are immovable, despite facts, reason, logic, data, and/or science.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3234 on: January 18, 2022, 03:07:11 PM »

It's not (to the bolded part).  But after 23 months, it's also not worth trying to discuss anymore, imo.  People's belief systems are immovable, despite facts, reason, logic, data, and/or science.

The irony of that is profound. :)  You'd think after 23 months it would sink in that it's not all about "facts, reason, logic, data, and/or science".  :)   If I don't give a fuck about you, why should facts, reason, logic, data, and/or science matter?  We are, to large degree, a society that talks a big game - "Boston Strong!", ice bath challenges - but we don't, when the rubber meets the road, give a crap about each other.   Not wearing a mask is akin to giving the finger and speeding up when someone wants to merge (or giving the finger and slowing down when someone wants to pass).  Or any of the multitude of ways we foist "our truth" (see the exasperating thread) on the world.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #3235 on: January 18, 2022, 05:20:56 PM »
The irony of that is profound. :)  You'd think after 23 months it would sink in that it's not all about "facts, reason, logic, data, and/or science".  :)   If I don't give a fuck about you, why should facts, reason, logic, data, and/or science matter?  We are, to large degree, a society that talks a big game - "Boston Strong!", ice bath challenges - but we don't, when the rubber meets the road, give a crap about each other.   Not wearing a mask is akin to giving the finger and speeding up when someone wants to merge (or giving the finger and slowing down when someone wants to pass).  Or any of the multitude of ways we foist "our truth" (see the exasperating thread) on the world.

- I think the idea that people don't care about each other is very dark and generally not true. People (including myself) initially complied with various COVID restrictions because they thought it would help people. Then it turned out they don't

- I have no truth I want to foist on anyway. Take your shot. Wear your mask. I don't care. But don't tell me I have to do it

- Let's say, for the sake of argument, you're right. Is that really a bad thing? Every unjust war, social extermination program (whether it be a genocide or burning witches), or cultish ideological movement is based on some evil psychopath whipping the population into a frenzy by preying on the public's desire to band together for common cause. Given how being "selfish" has been re-defined in the COVID era, I'd say we need more of it. "Selfish" people don't seem very interested in manipulating my life and in manipulating society to further their own ends. "Selfish" people aren't always looking for the next war to feed the military industrial complex. "Selfish" people aren't looking at whatever successes I have in life as something I haven't earned and need to pay back society for.
Over and over again

Offline Skeever

« Reply #3236 on: January 18, 2022, 07:21:10 PM »
- I think the idea that people don't care about each other is very dark and generally not true. People (including myself) initially complied with various COVID restrictions because they thought it would help people. Then it turned out they don't.

They don't? None of them? Are you sure? In my own circles I keep seeing a lot of "ah masks don't work, I got COVID anyway," or "ah the vaccine is pointless, it doesn't even stop the spread". These people must be the worst gamblers in the world, I wonder if they'd never bet with the odds again after the first time they see an underdog win.

- I have no truth I want to foist on anyway. Take your shot. Wear your mask. I don't care. But don't tell me I have to do it
Or what?

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #3237 on: January 18, 2022, 08:11:01 PM »
People (including myself) initially complied with various COVID restrictions because they thought it would help people. Then it turned out they don't

That is 100% not true.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #3238 on: January 18, 2022, 08:30:09 PM »
- I think the idea that people don't care about each other is very dark and generally not true. People (including myself) initially complied with various COVID restrictions because they thought it would help people. Then it turned out they don't.

They don't? None of them? Are you sure? In my own circles I keep seeing a lot of "ah masks don't work, I got COVID anyway," or "ah the vaccine is pointless, it doesn't even stop the spread". These people must be the worst gamblers in the world, I wonder if they'd never bet with the odds again after the first time they see an underdog win.

There was a previous discussion about masks in this thread. The evidence from the randomized control trials on masks show they do little to nothing. XJDenton linked a meta review of a bunch of studies that's more correlative, but it has some weird results in it (such as being in China being more protective against COVID than wearing an N95). N95s might help, but that's only if they're perfectly worn, which I doubt people are going to do.

In terms of the shots, you're right that as a public policy measure they're useless precisely because they don't stop the spread.

As for whether or not it's right for you, that's a personal medical decision. I know one person who is old that I think should get it, but they don't want to. I don't hassle or judge them for it. I know another person who is young and physically healthy and was forced to get one because of his job. Basically taking on side-effect risk for no benefit. Offensive. I know someone older who got a booster and got hives afterward. Don't want to judge the decision in and of itself but it was disheartening in a sense that they seemed shocked it happened to them. Should have been aware of possibility. Not just something made up by conspiracy theorists. I know an older person that did not get the shot, was very happy they didn't get the shot, and is in the hospital due to severe COVID complications (not a super close associate sympathy posts not needed). I respect the decision but it obviously didn't work out. Was going to get the shot personally due to potential complications, found out I had already had COVID, declined to proceed. Given the amount of studies showing that natural immunity is longer lasting/more robust than vax immunity, no regrets. Have seen some semi-promising numbers on "hybrid" immunity, but have no interest in exposing myself to potential side effects for a marginal increase in protection. Especially in the Omicron era.

Or what?

Huh? We're talking on the internet.
Over and over again

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3239 on: January 19, 2022, 04:39:44 AM »

Exactly.  And that's why it's simply not worth discussing or debating.  Large swaths of society have lost the plot, imo.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #3240 on: January 19, 2022, 06:47:12 AM »

There was a previous discussion about masks in this thread. The evidence from the randomized control trials on masks show they do little to nothing. XJDenton linked a meta review of a bunch of studies that's more correlative, but it has some weird results in it (such as being in China being more protective against COVID than wearing an N95). N95s might help, but that's only if they're perfectly worn, which I doubt people are going to do.

In terms of the shots, you're right that as a public policy measure they're useless precisely because they don't stop the spread.

As for whether or not it's right for you, that's a personal medical decision. I know one person who is old that I think should get it, but they don't want to. I don't hassle or judge them for it. I know another person who is young and physically healthy and was forced to get one because of his job. Basically taking on side-effect risk for no benefit. Offensive. I know someone older who got a booster and got hives afterward. Don't want to judge the decision in and of itself but it was disheartening in a sense that they seemed shocked it happened to them. Should have been aware of possibility. Not just something made up by conspiracy theorists. I know an older person that did not get the shot, was very happy they didn't get the shot, and is in the hospital due to severe COVID complications (not a super close associate sympathy posts not needed). I respect the decision but it obviously didn't work out. Was going to get the shot personally due to potential complications, found out I had already had COVID, declined to proceed. Given the amount of studies showing that natural immunity is longer lasting/more robust than vax immunity, no regrets. Have seen some semi-promising numbers on "hybrid" immunity, but have no interest in exposing myself to potential side effects for a marginal increase in protection. Especially in the Omicron era.

Or what?

Huh? We're talking on the internet.

I would say I disagree with almost every sentence in this post, especially everything you'd said about the vaccines with regards to transmissibility, immunity, and side effects. But that's because I'm taking my advice from my Doctor and following CDC guidance. Now, we could debate all day about flaws with the CDC guidance and messaging and I'm sure a lot of the points you'd make would turn out to be valid. But also, it's a matter of rolling with the consensus vs trusting that individuals who say they can triangulate the truth about what people really need to do themselves. That doesn't mean I don't respect Reapsta from the Forums, but as an individual I can't be burdened by personally auditing everything Reapsta from the Forums tells me against what the authorities are saying. And, by the way, the CDC is providing broad, general guidance. One size can not fit all, but being able to chip away at the flaws or areas that don't fit perfectly doesn't invalidate the whole thing.

That said, as we move on, I expect you'll be more and more validated, especially in an Omicron world and beyond, at least with regards to things like masking. And that's a good thing. Though, having lived in Asia for many years, I hope voluntary masking becomes a similar staple in our crowded spaces at least for flu seasons.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 06:55:22 AM by Skeever »

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3241 on: January 19, 2022, 07:51:23 AM »
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3242 on: January 19, 2022, 07:52:17 AM »
I read that earlier today. What an idiot.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3243 on: January 19, 2022, 08:01:01 AM »
Given the amount of studies showing that natural immunity is longer lasting/more robust than vax immunity, no regrets. Have seen some semi-promising numbers on "hybrid" immunity, but have no interest in exposing myself to potential side effects for a marginal increase in protection. Especially in the Omicron era.

Reap, good to have you back posting...

We have a friend who did not get vaccinated and now feels more emboldened that he got Covid and recovered. And for a lot of people that is their story. But there seems to be a Russian Roulette characteristic to Covid that I would not take a chance with. The side effect of Covid that I'd be more concerned with is Death.

Not wearing a mask is akin to giving the finger and speeding up when someone wants to merge (or giving the finger and slowing down when someone wants to pass).  Or any of the multitude of ways we foist "our truth" (see the exasperating thread) on the world.

Is that how you feel? Don't know why, but I think I'm surprised to read this.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #3244 on: January 19, 2022, 08:08:05 AM »
My workplace has started daily testing, nothing like starting the day at 5am shoving a swab up your nostrils. :metal

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3245 on: January 19, 2022, 08:10:26 AM »
My workplace has started daily testing, nothing like starting the day at 5am shoving a swab up your nostrils. :metal

Everyday??

Are these the results in 15 minutes tests?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3246 on: January 19, 2022, 08:19:04 AM »
Good grief.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60050996

Survival of the fittest.

We have a friend who did not get vaccinated and now feels more emboldened that he got Covid and recovered. And for a lot of people that is their story.

I have a friend that's the opposite, was very vocal against the vaccines.  Got covid and silently went to the hospital and now doesn't talk at all about it. 

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3247 on: January 19, 2022, 08:38:08 AM »
Good grief.

Survival of the fittest.

We have a friend who did not get vaccinated and now feels more emboldened that he got Covid and recovered. And for a lot of people that is their story.

I have a friend that's the opposite, was very vocal against the vaccines.  Got covid and silently went to the hospital and now doesn't talk at all about it.

Relevant:

Hana Horka, 57, was unvaccinated and had posted on social media that she was recovering after testing positive, but died two days later.

Her son, Jan Rek, said she got infected on purpose when he and his father had the virus, so she could get a recovery pass to access certain venues.

The Czech Republic reported a record number of cases on Wednesday.

Mr Rek and his father, who are both fully vaccinated, both caught Covid over Christmas. But he said his mother had decided not to stay away from them, preferring instead to expose herself to the virus.

"She should have isolated for a week because we tested positive. But she was with us the whole time," he said.

Proof of vaccination or recent infection from the virus is required in the Czech Republic to gain entry to many social and cultural venues, including cinemas, bars and cafes.

What a shitty way to lose a loved one.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #3248 on: January 19, 2022, 08:41:50 AM »
We have a friend who did not get vaccinated and now feels more emboldened that he got Covid and recovered. And for a lot of people that is their story. But there seems to be a Russian Roulette characteristic to Covid that I would not take a chance with. The side effect of Covid that I'd be more concerned with is Death.

It's interesting to me how some people bias themselves when it comes to disease vs. shots. The older person I know who won't get the shot is overweight and has had a prior history of pneumonia. Has to get tested daily for their job. Somehow has avoided it the whole time. But it's like, man if you get it you have all the risk factors for a bad outcome. Seems to be better with Omicron (does not attack lungs or fat cells as aggressively), but still man you dodged a bit of a bullet. But ultimately was freaked out by the fact the shots haven't been tested. I respect it but still think the math was wrong.
Over and over again

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3249 on: January 19, 2022, 09:16:22 AM »
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3250 on: January 19, 2022, 09:17:53 AM »
Everyday??

The facility I work at occasionally in Germany has daily LFT (30 minute) testing as a requirement.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3251 on: January 19, 2022, 09:23:31 AM »

Rumor has it it's being run by Radiant Records.  You'll see your tests by summer. 

I KID!  I KID!
I fucking LOL'd.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3252 on: January 19, 2022, 09:40:30 AM »
Since its "Laughed out Loud" not "Laugh out Louded", it should be shortened to L'dOL.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #3253 on: January 19, 2022, 09:57:37 AM »

Everyday??

Yup... But it seems it was a miscommunication. It's once a week, not uncommon for the left hand to be clueless about what the right is doing here. Kind of bummed actually, it'd be nice to get the test daily for free during this wave. Oh well.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3254 on: January 19, 2022, 10:01:53 AM »
Since its "Laughed out Loud" not "Laugh out Louded", it should be shortened to L'dOL.
*smacks*
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.