Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread v.2  (Read 191128 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Coronavirus Thread v.2
« Reply #3080 on: January 07, 2022, 10:13:16 AM »
Very good news

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3081 on: January 07, 2022, 10:34:06 AM »
Bill, how are your folks making out?

Gross.

Wait..people pay to see you for their issues?

How else would I support my own issues?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3082 on: January 07, 2022, 11:26:38 AM »
Now that I already know my results, I now have all the tests.  My state saliva test came in the mail and 4 rapid tests I ordered from Amazon like 10 days ago just got in.  I have one more set of rapid tests arriving on Sunday as well and my extra leftover one from the package I used Wednesday.

Almost a full week and I still have symptoms though.  It's not terrible, it's just so annoying that it seems I only get like a single % better each day.  Going to self test again on Sunday to see if I can return to work, but I'm not hopeful unless I see some serious improvement over the weekend.

Offline Melphina

« Reply #3083 on: January 07, 2022, 11:53:27 AM »
Bill, how are your folks making out?

Gross.

But how are they?

Choked on my tea reading this.  :lol

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #3084 on: January 07, 2022, 12:33:42 PM »
Almost a full week and I still have symptoms though.  It's not terrible, it's just so annoying that it seems I only get like a single % better each day.  Going to self test again on Sunday to see if I can return to work, but I'm not hopeful unless I see some serious improvement over the weekend.

That's a bummer Marc. I feel for ya. We were extremely lucky. Within a week of first symptoms we were all symptom free. The residual hold out of any type of symptom is this nagging feeling to clear my throat a few times a day.....like there's a chunk of something back there but it's dry as a bone.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3085 on: January 07, 2022, 12:45:50 PM »

That's a bummer Marc. I feel for ya. We were extremely lucky. Within a week of first symptoms we were all symptom free. The residual hold out of any type of symptom is this nagging feeling to clear my throat a few times a day.....like there's a chunk of something back there but it's dry as a bone.

I've got that same feeling with regards to the throat except lately it's turned into something back there  :lol I didn't start off mucusy at all but it's what I've turned into.  Maybe I got the flurona

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #3086 on: January 07, 2022, 12:51:24 PM »

I've got that same feeling with regards to the throat except lately it's turned into something back there  :lol I didn't start off mucusy at all but it's what I've turned into.  Maybe I got the flurona

Not to get overly graphic but there was a 2-3 day period last week as we were recovering where I was....ummmm.....hacking up and getting rid of a lot of unwanted and unneeded flem.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Skeever

« Reply #3087 on: January 07, 2022, 01:31:54 PM »
Turns out my 18 month old officially has it. And should be on day 7 or so of symptoms. Not much worse than a normal cold for him, thankfully. Of course we have to worry about symptoms getting more severe after seeming to improve, potential long term effects, and so on... I don't want to speak to soon or jinx myself. But the feeling thus far is kind of relieved. So much of our lives have been centered around avoiding for this scenario as much as possible. Now we're here, I feel like we can move on.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3088 on: January 07, 2022, 01:48:30 PM »
Now we're here, I feel like we can move on.

Exactly how I feel.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #3089 on: January 07, 2022, 02:23:36 PM »
Turns out my 18 month old officially has it. And should be on day 7 or so of symptoms. Not much worse than a normal cold for him, thankfully. Of course we have to worry about symptoms getting more severe after seeming to improve, potential long term effects, and so on... I don't want to speak to soon or jinx myself. But the feeling thus far is kind of relieved. So much of our lives have been centered around avoiding for this scenario as much as possible. Now we're here, I feel like we can move on.

I think that is the premise of facing the fear. And also, it reveals just how your brain will conjure up things based on that fear, and will exaggerate more wild theories than what reality shows you. I also wonder if the idea of a "jinx" also does make your brain work in weird ways to where it becomes true because you were thinking of it, rather than not thinking about it at all.

If Conspiracy Theories are based on fears that conjure up crazy theories and ideas. Wouldn't the same be for fear of anything. Like how people generate fear of what's lurking in the dark at night, and their fear subsides when it's just a cat or the wind moving the trees that sounds eerie and spooky.

It's why for me, Fear is a big factor in how many humans perceive and respond to the world and world events where humans do not know for sure, which in turn can generate fear of the unknown in people.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3090 on: January 07, 2022, 02:29:06 PM »

I think that is the premise of facing the fear. And also, it reveals just how your brain will conjure up things based on that fear, and will exaggerate more wild theories than what reality shows you. I also wonder if the idea of a "jinx" also does make your brain work in weird ways to where it becomes true because you were thinking of it, rather than not thinking about it at all.

If Conspiracy Theories are based on fears that conjure up crazy theories and ideas. Wouldn't the same be for fear of anything. Like how people generate fear of what's lurking in the dark at night, and their fear subsides when it's just a cat or the wind moving the trees that sounds eerie and spooky.

It's why for me, Fear is a big factor in how many humans perceive and respond to the world and world events where humans do not know for sure, which in turn can generate fear of the unknown in people.

WUT?

Fear is having an 18 month old that's sick. That's fear. Jeesh.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3091 on: January 09, 2022, 02:29:33 AM »
Sad to read a lot of these posts.  Hope everyone and their families recover quickly.

So, in my workplace I now have 5 staff members confirmed positive and 4 waiting on results with 3 of them looking like leaning towards the positive side.  Interesting to note that all 9 of these people are vaccinated.  To say this virus is putting a strain on businesses is a severe understatement.  My workload is already large but this is becoming a nightmare.

Just following on from what I posted here, got a couple more that looks like they have it.  We are seeing a massive wave and more than we've ever seen in my state and going to get worse.

Nevertheless, I don't follow the thread much but is anyone from a managerial point of view on here seeing the crippling effects from a staffing point of view?  I've worked through lockdowns and putting staff off a couple of times, but this is a whole new ball game.  Still operating a business with the workers falling down all around me.  Just curious if anyone on here is experiencing this side of the virus.  Apologies if it's been discussed.

I literally take one day at a time and see what I need to do and juggle for the next day just to operate.  Like chasing your own tail.  7 days a week too.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3092 on: January 09, 2022, 04:35:57 AM »
Sorry to hear that Wolfking,

Yeah, I think it's something that's being experienced by many. My previous job, only a few times did we had to quarantine, or closed down for a day because of COVID. While I'm not at that job anymore, literally a week after people started testing positive and feeling I'll. By the New Year almost half the staff was in quarantine and some programs had to be shut down.

Where I'm working now I'm still too new to speak of past situations, but the week before Christmas 4 of our directors and managers were out along with some other employees. Worked out for me because it sped up my learning of the job but scrambling with the few employees we had was a bit difficult.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3093 on: January 09, 2022, 06:01:46 AM »
Sad to read a lot of these posts.  Hope everyone and their families recover quickly.

So, in my workplace I now have 5 staff members confirmed positive and 4 waiting on results with 3 of them looking like leaning towards the positive side.  Interesting to note that all 9 of these people are vaccinated.  To say this virus is putting a strain on businesses is a severe understatement.  My workload is already large but this is becoming a nightmare.

Just following on from what I posted here, got a couple more that looks like they have it.  We are seeing a massive wave and more than we've ever seen in my state and going to get worse.

Nevertheless, I don't follow the thread much but is anyone from a managerial point of view on here seeing the crippling effects from a staffing point of view?  I've worked through lockdowns and putting staff off a couple of times, but this is a whole new ball game.  Still operating a business with the workers falling down all around me.  Just curious if anyone on here is experiencing this side of the virus.  Apologies if it's been discussed.

I literally take one day at a time and see what I need to do and juggle for the next day just to operate.  Like chasing your own tail.  7 days a week too.

I don't recall it being much of a big discussion, as the cases weren't so astronomically high until now.  Imagine being in emergency services (fire, police, health), and having to deal with such shortages!  Oh yeah, we don't have to imagine that hard.  :-\
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #3094 on: January 09, 2022, 08:45:35 AM »
Our company is on the breaking point as far as staffing. We have one contract that has 25% of the staff out, and we've been playing musical staff.. Moving players around to plug the holes.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #3095 on: January 09, 2022, 09:07:54 AM »
Even when people can work from home, it feels like it's reaching a breaking point. There's only so much you can do (even from home) with young children home. Everyone on my team is "working" while taking care of their sick kids, spouses, or even sick themselves. There's an understanding that this sucks and not much can be done about it.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #3096 on: January 09, 2022, 10:51:50 AM »

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3097 on: January 09, 2022, 11:36:55 AM »
Still got some mild cold symptoms but I tested negative today. Work wants me to stay home a couple more days to be safe, but looks I can return to normal life after 8 days.

Offline Melphina

« Reply #3098 on: January 09, 2022, 12:41:59 PM »

For real. I've been ping ponging back and forth across the country for about a month and I'm amazed I haven't caught it (just tested the other day). Knock on wood but I'm amazed I haven't had it yet.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3099 on: January 09, 2022, 01:39:38 PM »
I know what you mean. I've worked in a grocery store for 5-6 days a week and my wife works in an assisted living facility, and we've been quite lucky. I suppose at any time we could've been asymptomatic.
But my doctor told me that because I'm a diabetic, I'm going to KNOW IT when I get it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3100 on: January 09, 2022, 02:55:08 PM »
Sorry to hear that Wolfking,

Yeah, I think it's something that's being experienced by many. My previous job, only a few times did we had to quarantine, or closed down for a day because of COVID. While I'm not at that job anymore, literally a week after people started testing positive and feeling I'll. By the New Year almost half the staff was in quarantine and some programs had to be shut down.

Where I'm working now I'm still too new to speak of past situations, but the week before Christmas 4 of our directors and managers were out along with some other employees. Worked out for me because it sped up my learning of the job but scrambling with the few employees we had was a bit difficult.

I work for a Government body running community facilities for the public so I get paid no matter what so I'm grateful but what you mentioned in that first paragraph is kind of where we are at.  The State Government though yesterday has now pushed the start of school back 2 weeks, which will affect our swimming lessons.  I'll have to make that decision today but I have no choice but to postpone our start of term to fall in line, so things getting heavily affected now here after such a good run.

I don't recall it being much of a big discussion, as the cases weren't so astronomically high until now.  Imagine being in emergency services (fire, police, health), and having to deal with such shortages!  Oh yeah, we don't have to imagine that hard.  :-\

Indeed, its happening and fast.

Our company is on the breaking point as far as staffing. We have one contract that has 25% of the staff out, and we've been playing musical staff.. Moving players around to plug the holes.

Pretty much.  I'm juggling my rosters daily.  Just last night hence my post being Sunday night 2 more texting me one getting symptoms and one has her son now more than likely having the virus.

Messages come at 7pm and one was working at 5am the next morning.  I myself already start somewhere else at 5am each day so definitely feel that pain.  This has been a daily occurrence since Boxing Day.  Its really testing my patience and resilience.  Working 7 days a week isn't much fun.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3101 on: January 09, 2022, 02:56:32 PM »
I know what you mean. I've worked in a grocery store for 5-6 days a week and my wife works in an assisted living facility, and we've been quite lucky. I suppose at any time we could've been asymptomatic.
But my doctor told me that because I'm a diabetic, I'm going to KNOW IT when I get it.

Keep dodging those bullets brother.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3102 on: January 09, 2022, 02:57:37 PM »
Even when people can work from home, it feels like it's reaching a breaking point. There's only so much you can do (even from home) with young children home. Everyone on my team is "working" while taking care of their sick kids, spouses, or even sick themselves. There's an understanding that this sucks and not much can be done about it.

Its unfortunate, but that's pretty much it.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3103 on: January 09, 2022, 04:22:12 PM »

You too, man!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3104 on: January 09, 2022, 05:24:40 PM »

You too, man!

I'm doing Matrix style moves at the moment there's so many of them coming at me.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3105 on: January 09, 2022, 05:26:38 PM »
At least you can.  :lol

I'd bust a hip, dislocate a shoulder..

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3106 on: January 10, 2022, 04:07:52 AM »
 :lol Outstanding!

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #3107 on: January 11, 2022, 07:38:02 AM »
Back to working from home fulltime...for now.  :corn
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3108 on: January 11, 2022, 07:42:08 AM »
Same. We were supposed to return on the 18th. No new date on the horizon. Looks like we might actually hit the two year mark. That's so freaking wild.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3109 on: January 11, 2022, 07:47:12 AM »
I haven't worked at home since before the summer, but I will be doing so this Thursday and Friday morning to see if it goes well. The restrictions here in Sweden has gotten harder now.

My job kind of requires that I'm at the office, since I help my colleagues with their IT issues, but I guess I can try to help them via phone or mail the best I can, instead of in person (which ideally is the best).
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #3110 on: January 11, 2022, 07:56:29 AM »
And my 6 year old daughter tested positive on her Shield testing (she spits in a test-tube every Monday at school to be covid tested). 

She's scared and upset, but mostly worried that she'll infect her 4-year old, unvaccinated brother.   So we're all in quarantine until next Tuesday.   Wife and I are feeling a bit off today and we may use our last back of at-home tests just to see if we have it. 

Edit - we tested negative on the at-home tests.  We both have headaches, so it may just be that our 3 Pfizer shots are holding the virus at bay enough to not trigger a positive result, or we're not quite fully symptomatic yet. 

I'm mainly concerned for my son, who is too young to be vaccinated.  The good news is that we just have to get through the next week - her school just adopted the 5 day quarantine period.  I'm actually a bit relieved that it's happening.   

My brother in law tested positive last night - he's basically unvaccinated and was due to get his J&J booster today.  He was pretty sick, so it's nice to see my daughter handling it better than him (he has bad Crohn's and is immunocompromised). 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 09:31:29 AM by Grappler »

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #3111 on: January 11, 2022, 09:09:38 AM »
I haven't worked at home since before the summer, but I will be doing so this Thursday and Friday morning to see if it goes well. The restrictions here in Sweden has gotten harder now.

My job kind of requires that I'm at the office, since I help my colleagues with their IT issues, but I guess I can try to help them via phone or mail the best I can, instead of in person (which ideally is the best).

You're able to remotely share your screen right?  That's the way we do it.  :tup
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3112 on: January 11, 2022, 09:28:31 AM »

You're able to remotely share your screen right?  That's the way we do it.  :tup

Yeah we have that possibility through Teams, so that's always an option.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3113 on: January 11, 2022, 11:14:57 AM »
So quick update; the parents are doing better.  I think symptomatically they're fine now, but have three more days of the quarantine.  It's been a struggle and my dad in particular is struggling with the idea that "I feel fine, why am I stuck in here!" syndrome. It's not coming from a place of selfishness, he's good like that, but more his memory/awareness sort of "forgetting" what the whole protocol is with the COVID. 

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3114 on: January 11, 2022, 11:20:25 AM »
I'd say about 50% of the people I've been on calls with so far this year have COVID.  Just talked with a colleague who's been struggling with it for 10 days now.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion