Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread v.2  (Read 195394 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Coronavirus Thread v.2
« Reply #1680 on: September 03, 2021, 06:47:49 AM »
Just saw a caption on the local morning news that Fauci is following Israel's lead, and now indicating that a 3rd shot is necessary for Americans to be considered fully vaccinated?!?!?

sigh... little tired of the false equivalencies between COVID and smoking/diet soda.  Maybe we don't live under the "even one is too many" approach, but maybe - just maybe - there was a tipping point at some point between 1 and 662,853 (in the US), or between 1 and 4,560,605 (globally).  I'd like to think there was. 

Also, quite a masterful way to call someone selfish/narrow-minded/ignorant without actually calling them that.  Good job  :tup.   ::)
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1681 on: September 03, 2021, 06:51:16 AM »
Just saw a caption on the local morning news that Fauci is following Israel's lead, and now indicating that a 3rd shot is necessary for Americans to be considered fully vaccinated?!?!?

sigh... little tired of the false equivalencies between COVID and smoking/diet soda.  Maybe we don't live under the "even one is too many" approach, but maybe - just maybe - there was a tipping point at some point between 1 and 662,853 (in the US), or between 1 and 4,560,605 (globally).  I'd like to think there was. 

Also, quite a masterful way to call someone selfish/narrow-minded/ignorant without actually calling them that.  Good job  :tup.   ::)

Just heard that...Isreali data showed that on average there's an 80+% increase in antibodies three weeks after the third shot.

I'll take it.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1682 on: September 03, 2021, 07:16:02 AM »

They're not false equivalencies in the context of the discussion about "public health".  There's no doubt a chronic/acute component here that makes them different, but Hunnus himself mentioned the public heath reaction to second hand smoke, so it's fair game.

Not my intent, so I edited the post to reflect that.  The idea was not to call HIM those things, but to say that I'm not trying to tell anyone how to THINK (he can feel free to think whatever he wants about those that don't see the world his way), but since we're so invested in the "consequences" of our actions, we might consider that the constant barrage of marginalization and rejection might have their OWN consequences that we don't like, i.e. the divisiveness and the entrenchment of the very positions we're trying to minimize.  You never drove behind a car who was driving too slow and as you got nearer, they went SLOWER (or maybe you were the lead car)?   

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1683 on: September 03, 2021, 07:40:30 AM »

Just heard that...Isreali data showed that on average there's an 80+% increase in antibodies three weeks after the third shot.

I'll take it.

And I will be in line right behind you. I know of 5 people in my orbit that have died from COVID with 2 of them that I knew personally. One person was fully vaxxed but got the Delta variant but it attacked her organs this time and she was dead within a week.  :omg:

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1684 on: September 03, 2021, 08:43:13 AM »
Of course you are going to have anti-bodies after the shot, but isn't this really about having the t-cells give the proper immune response by creating anti-bodies?  As in you don't actively need to have anti-bodies to be safe, your body will create them when you are exposed to the virus once it knows how to?  I'm not sold on a booster personally.  Not that I think it isn't safe or doesn't "work" just about whether it's really necessary.  Seems more likely it's just needed for the immunocompromised folks who's bodies will struggle to create the proper immune response even with the current shots.  I'd got no issue getting another jab if it comes to it, I just think a lot of others could use that one shot before me. 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1685 on: September 03, 2021, 09:10:26 AM »

They're not false equivalencies in the context of the discussion about "public health".  There's no doubt a chronic/acute component here that makes them different, but Hunnus himself mentioned the public heath reaction to second hand smoke, so it's fair game.

Semantics I suppose.  Yes, smoking and mass soda consumption are, at a macro level, public health issues.  And yes, governments have taken actions to limit exposure of 2nd hand smoke to non-smokers - I think THAT is the equivalency that he is drawing.  But the implications of individual "freedoms" and that impact to public health equivalency is what is false.  Not sure I've ever heard about the contagiousness of smoking or drinking soda, or heard of the spread of such public health matters measured with an R value.  ;D
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1686 on: September 04, 2021, 09:39:32 AM »
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Harmony

« Reply #1687 on: September 05, 2021, 04:50:38 PM »
Apologies if this was discussed previously but are you all aware of the randomized controlled trial on masks that came out of Bangladesh?

Apparently cloth masks are useless and surgical masks are more effective.

The researchers point to the findings on surgical masks as being particularly policy-relevant at this moment. “Our results are consistent with lab research suggesting surgical masks are effective at reducing COVID-19,” said co-author Laura Kwong, an assistant professor of environmental health sciences at UC Berkeley’s School of Public Health. “These results suggest that we could prevent unnecessary death and disease if we got people to wear high-performance masks, such as surgical masks, in schools, workplaces, shopping centers, places of worship, and other indoor spaces.”

Source: https://www.poverty-action.org/news/new-study-first-randomized-trial-show-wearing-masks-reduces-covid-19-real-world-setting

Here is Dr. Vinay Prasad's quick YouTube on the take home message on this study.  Well worth a listen, IMO.  We need more RCTs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29y7DzOP680&t=38s
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #1688 on: September 05, 2021, 05:39:34 PM »
Weird.  I just read this article debunking the cloth mask thing.  Essentially, the virus rides on droplets and cloth masks block droplets very well (hence why your mask is moist after wearing it)

https://wgntv.com/news/coronavirus/can-cloth-masks-really-stop-covid-19-from-spreading/

Offline Harmony

« Reply #1689 on: September 05, 2021, 06:04:01 PM »
Weird.  I just read this article debunking the cloth mask thing.  Essentially, the virus rides on droplets and cloth masks block droplets very well (hence why your mask is moist after wearing it)

https://wgntv.com/news/coronavirus/can-cloth-masks-really-stop-covid-19-from-spreading/

Thanks for posting this.  I'm going to read the study imbedded in the story more thoroughly but at a quick first glance, it appears they were using the term "face covering" and not looking at differences between types of masks worn.  Also the data was from 2020 - before Delta.  And part of the research was looking at past studies for flu virus, not Covid.  That may not be an appreciable difference but then again it could be.

I believe the Bangladesh study was looking at people who actually HAD covid and transmission rates while infectious wearing cloth vs. surgical masks in communities with high current spread.  That study was WAY long and I didn't finish it.  I should definitely do that.

Again - I'm only just skimming your link because I have limited time atm.  I may not have all of this 100% correct so please do correct me (someone) if I'm wrong.  And I will definitely read it more thoroughly when I have the uninterrupted time to study it.

So much conflicting data out there.  It's nice to have a place to share things that may contradict each other in a respectful way.  Thanks again for posting that.  I love practicing my study-evaluation skills!  (This is where my kids would call me a nerd.  LoL.)  Personally, I have only been wearing cloth masks for comfort.  But I'm going back to surgical masks for now until we as a country get down the backside of this most recent spike.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1690 on: September 05, 2021, 06:53:46 PM »
I seem to recall the usefulness of ‘cloth’ masks was if they were triple layered.  For instance, just pulling your cloth t-shirt above your mouth isn’t terrible useful.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #1691 on: September 05, 2021, 07:33:47 PM »
I seem to recall the usefulness of ‘cloth’ masks was if they were triple layered.  For instance, just pulling your cloth t-shirt above your mouth isn’t terrible useful.

I think you bring up a good point.  AND also we need to consider if people are even wearing their masks correctly to begin with!  At least in the Bangladesh study they made mention of the education piece that went along with the assignments into the groups.

I had to pop back in because one of my favorite infectious disease doctors, Dr. Monica Gandhi, just did a 1 hour discussion with ZdoggMD and tackled topics:  CDC messaging (how much it sucks), natural immunity, turning the pandemic into an endemic, what's going on in Australia, booster shots, vaccine mandates and passports, and Mu - among other things.  I always feel so much more hopeful after listening to what she says and so I thought some of you might want to check it out as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3pAD0LOkZg

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #1692 on: September 06, 2021, 01:54:24 AM »
Just got my second covid shot yesterday. I'm feeling like crap today with body aches, fever, and headache. I hope this is normal.  😴🤒
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 05:06:55 AM by Architeuthis »
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #1693 on: September 06, 2021, 04:30:47 AM »
The problem with cloth masks is that the category is simply too broad (thickness, material, structure). For masks with a standard, such as the EU FFP2 masks, you know they are all within a specific range of efficacy in terms of particle filtering.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1694 on: September 07, 2021, 06:59:41 PM »
Had to get the rapid test today (been under the weather the last few days, had to call in today, and they need a negative test before I return to the office) and it came back negative, which is good. Even better is that the test was easy.  5 seconds in each nostril and neither bothered me at all (as opposed to the last time when they far up and it got stung for a good 5 seconds).

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1695 on: September 07, 2021, 07:04:56 PM »
Isn't the fast result less accurate though?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1696 on: September 07, 2021, 07:08:02 PM »
Not sure. I am sure others here can answer that more intelligently than I can. 

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1697 on: September 07, 2021, 08:23:24 PM »
Care rationing in Northern Idaho. If they think you might live, you get a bed. If they don't, good luck in that conference center or wherever they send you.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/idaho-enacts-crisis-hospital-care-standards-amid-covid-79872485
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1698 on: September 07, 2021, 08:25:36 PM »
Care rationing in Northern Idaho. If they think you might live, you get a bed. If they don't, good luck in that conference center or wherever they send you.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/idaho-enacts-crisis-hospital-care-standards-amid-covid-79872485

You'd think this was 1863 or something. This is really unbelievable .
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1699 on: September 07, 2021, 09:00:25 PM »
My cousin and his family live in Coeur d'Alaine, and they've been aggressively responsible, especially around my older aunt. If they get knocked by collateral damage I'll fucking rage.

Online Grappler

« Reply #1700 on: September 07, 2021, 09:28:31 PM »
My daughter caught a cold at school -the kid that sits next to her was sick as hell.  We kept her home today because she was miserable.  She has ZERO of the symptoms on the school's covid screener.

School nurse calls us at 1pm saying but not saying that they expect us to take her to get a covid test.  We weren't going to, since she doesn't meet the school's symptoms.   So I call the pediatrician and their only open appointment is tonight, at 5:45pm, nearly two hours after the office should be closed.

The school wants a PCR test (2-3 days for results).  I got the rapid test (negative) and a doctors note.  I'm not keeping her home for 3 days because of a cold and waiting for a negative PCR test.  The doctor urged us to keep her home for one more day.  Every single kid with the sniffles is being asked to get covid tests by area schools and the doctors office is completely overwhelmed.

We've taken the pandemic seriously as a family, but this is just overkill.  Schools all but forcing sick kids to get tested, doctors pleading with families to keep sick kids home.  Everyone seems to be in a bit of a panic and we're just stuck in the middle navigating it.

We permitted the school to do saliva testing on our daughter, which may be weekly once it starts.  So rushing around for a test after hours hopefully won't be an issue again. 

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #1701 on: September 08, 2021, 05:46:39 AM »
We're in that weird spot where we're not QUITE there with vaccinating all over 18s and no one wants to close down again and especially no one wants to close down schools, but numbers are rising. So now everyone who goes to school, from kids to adults, is encouraged to speed test themselves twice a week. Got my supplies for the next four weeks yesterday :angel:

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #1702 on: September 08, 2021, 05:50:47 AM »
My cousin and his family live in Coeur d'Alaine, and they've been aggressively responsible, especially around my older aunt. If they get knocked by collateral damage I'll fucking rage.

This is where I am at. My wife, eight months pregnant, seems to be a magnet for people...to the point where she is essentially housebound for fear of getting sick from coughing, sneezing, non-mask-wearing people.

You don't want to get vaccinated or where a mask? Fine. Whatever. But why the fuck do you try to strike of a conversation with a pregnant, mask-wearing person while standing in line at the grocery store? And why the fuck won't people cover their mouths when they sneeze and cough?

Driving me insane.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1703 on: September 08, 2021, 06:52:05 AM »

This is where I am at. My wife, eight months pregnant, seems to be a magnet for people...to the point where she is essentially housebound for fear of getting sick from coughing, sneezing, non-mask-wearing people.

You don't want to get vaccinated or where a mask? Fine. Whatever. But why the fuck do you try to strike of a conversation with a pregnant, mask-wearing person while standing in line at the grocery store? And why the fuck won't people cover their mouths when they sneeze and cough?

Driving me insane.

Sorry man... Absolutely beautiful town btw, love it whenever I visit.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #1704 on: September 08, 2021, 09:49:43 AM »
My daughter caught a cold at school -the kid that sits next to her was sick as hell.  We kept her home today because she was miserable.  She has ZERO of the symptoms on the school's covid screener.

School nurse calls us at 1pm saying but not saying that they expect us to take her to get a covid test.  We weren't going to, since she doesn't meet the school's symptoms.   So I call the pediatrician and their only open appointment is tonight, at 5:45pm, nearly two hours after the office should be closed.

The school wants a PCR test (2-3 days for results).  I got the rapid test (negative) and a doctors note.  I'm not keeping her home for 3 days because of a cold and waiting for a negative PCR test.  The doctor urged us to keep her home for one more day.  Every single kid with the sniffles is being asked to get covid tests by area schools and the doctors office is completely overwhelmed.

We've taken the pandemic seriously as a family, but this is just overkill.  Schools all but forcing sick kids to get tested, doctors pleading with families to keep sick kids home.  Everyone seems to be in a bit of a panic and we're just stuck in the middle navigating it.

We permitted the school to do saliva testing on our daughter, which may be weekly once it starts.  So rushing around for a test after hours hopefully won't be an issue again.

Oh man, of course this blows.  I also feel badly for the pediatricians offices out there.  It's going to be a cluster fuck.

But regarding the bolded - are you sure the school's Covid list has been updated for Delta?  Because Delta mimics the average cold - nasal congestion or runny nose, sore throat, headache, fatigue, and sometimes fever.

Lots of folks are in the - is it a regular cold? allergies?  Covid? with symptoms.  It's pretty difficult to tease out right now.

Good luck with the test.

And as a bitch session on the side - why is it so damn hard to find at home Covid tests that don't cost a hundred dollars.  Pharmacies run out quickly, Amazon is out of stock.  Every fucking home in America should be sent some free test kits and a pack of surgical masks.  But WTF, we're only 18 months into this thing.   ::)

Online Grappler

« Reply #1705 on: September 08, 2021, 09:59:37 AM »

But regarding the bolded - are you sure the school's Covid list has been updated for Delta?  Because Delta mimics the average cold - nasal congestion or runny nose, sore throat, headache, fatigue, and sometimes fever.

Lots of folks are in the - is it a regular cold? allergies?  Covid? with symptoms.  It's pretty difficult to tease out right now.

Good luck with the test.

And as a bitch session on the side - why is it so damn hard to find at home Covid tests that don't cost a hundred dollars.  Pharmacies run out quickly, Amazon is out of stock.  Every fucking home in America should be sent some free test kits and a pack of surgical masks.  But WTF, we're only 18 months into this thing.   ::)

This is what the school is telling parents to look for: 

● Fever (100.4°F or higher)
● New onset of moderate to severe headache
● Shortness of breath
● New cough
● Sore throat
● Vomiting
● Diarrhea
● New loss of sense of taste or smell
● Fatigue from unknown cause
● Muscle or body aches from unknown cause

She didn't have any of those.  I know that the school needs to be cautious, but it's just a pain in the ass, especially because her symptoms when she gets a cold are usually the same.  The school calls midway through the day, basically asking us to take her for the 2-3 day PCR test.  Had I not been able to get into her doctor's office, I'd be scrambling around trying to find a place to get her a test.  The implication from the school is that she would probably be out of school until she gets a negative result.  Yet she woke up today feeling much better and interested in being in school, despite a stuffy nose. 

The doctor's office was willing to do the PCR test, but I told them a negative rapid test and doctor's note would be fine.  I'm sorry, but the doctors will stand behind a negative rapid test, and a negative rapid test will get you into another country (?), a crowded place (concert, restaurant, job-site), then it's good enough for a 6 year old to sit in school.  Same thing with a doctor's note - if a construction guy can have a prescription for opiods and his employer will let him operate a crane with a doctor's note, then why can't a kid sit in school? 

If they want a PCR test, then they need to have very firm guidelines for parents.  Not just a reminder to look for symptoms and then arbitrarily decide what families have to do, causing them to scramble.  She wasn't identified as a close contact for a covid positive case.  She just has a cold.

I saw at-home covid tests at Walgreens for $25 - the box has two rapid tests, I believe. 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1706 on: September 08, 2021, 10:04:20 AM »
Goddamn I feel for any/everyone with elementary/secondary school aged children (especially the former).

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1707 on: September 08, 2021, 10:06:01 AM »
Regarding the rapid tests, some people say that are not reliable, but is that because they are more likely to be a false positive or to be false negative?  I thought false positive was more likely (correct me if I am wrong please) so a negative rapid test should be fine?

Either way, yeah, things are going to be rough for pediatricians for awhile as schools are basically all back now.  Surprisingly haven't heard my pediatrician friend bitch too much this week (he shares his nasty parent stories consistently so kind of shocking he's been quiet this week, but then again maybe he's just really busy).

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1708 on: September 08, 2021, 10:06:58 AM »

Oh man, of course this blows.  I also feel badly for the pediatricians offices out there.  It's going to be a cluster fuck.

Good luck with the test.

Well, there's a philosophical aspect to that which we can ignore for the time being (I'm not a fan of "free"; there used to be bowls and bowls of free condoms at the Uconn Infirmary, and I can't say I ever used one, because it was free and it was in a bowl at the Uconn infirmary), but honest question:  does that get us where we want to go?   When this guy:

Or this guy:

walks up to you and says "I just took my test, and I'm negativo!" are you buying it?  I know I'm not (and for me it wouldn't JUST be the Trump people, but I'm making a point).

The schools have no choice, given the outrage of those who believe that "if I get sick it's someone else's fault!" than to handle it this way. The "shit happens"* ship has sailed a long time ago.   There is zero snark in this (even if I'm trying to be a little entertaining with the pictures); it's an honest public policy question.

* That is to say, even with the best laid precautions, sometimes people get sick, even COVID.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1709 on: September 08, 2021, 10:11:52 AM »

Good luck with the test.

● Shortness of breath
● New cough
● Sore throat
● Vomiting
● Diarrhea

She didn't have any of those.  I know that the school needs to be cautious, but it's just a pain in the ass, especially because her symptoms when she gets a cold are usually the same.  The school calls midway through the day, basically asking us to take her for the 2-3 day PCR test.  Had I not been able to get into her doctor's office, I'd be scrambling around trying to find a place to get her a test.  The implication from the school is that she would probably be out of school until she gets a negative result.  Yet she woke up today feeling much better and interested in being in school, despite a stuffy nose. 

The doctor's office was willing to do the PCR test, but I told them a negative rapid test and doctor's note would be fine.  I'm sorry, but the doctors will stand behind a negative rapid test, and a negative rapid test will get you into another country (?), a crowded place (concert, restaurant, job-site), then it's good enough for a 6 year old to sit in school.  Same thing with a doctor's note - if a construction guy can have a prescription for opiods and his employer will let him operate a crane with a doctor's note, then why can't a kid sit in school? 

If they want a PCR test, then they need to have very firm guidelines for parents.  Not just a reminder to look for symptoms and then arbitrarily decide what families have to do, causing them to scramble.  She wasn't identified as a close contact for a covid positive case.  She just has a cold.

I saw at-home covid tests at Walgreens for $25 - the box has two rapid tests, I believe.

You best realize that if that crane operator takes out a Wendy's and a Starbucks while on opioids that note means shit (and that's even assuming that you're correct on that).   As I said to Harmony, the environment sucks for you, individually, but it's what we have now.   We keep telling people that the "THEY" need to adjust for "US" - "they" need to get vaccinated, "they" need to wear masks, "they" needs to cover their mouths when they sneeze (because "they" are mouth breathers), "they" need to go home from work if they're not feeling well, and at this point, you just so happen to be the "THEY".  It blows, but it is what it is.

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1710 on: September 08, 2021, 12:21:00 PM »

Good luck with the test.

● Shortness of breath
● New cough
● Sore throat
● Vomiting
● Diarrhea

You should see the universities...They won't even recognize a rapid test. It HAS to be a PCR test. And these are for the people whom are exempt from the vaccine by medical or religious. And those that do not take the vaccine, are still allowed in class, but face restrictions on campus access. Even those taking online classes and are not going to be on campus at all, are required to be vaccinated. IF not, there will be an academic hold placed on you and you won't be allowed to register for Spring Classes.

While they allow unvaccinated visitors onto Campus and only require them to wear a mask, and there is no enforcement of this mask policy what-so-ever outdoors. The mask policy is for indoors only, and it's quite hard to know who is and isn't a student outdoors on campus.

There's an eerie silence around the campus, and we had an actual peaceful protest. Those people were gathering signatures and if you want to get into it more would ask you for a phone number, which they asked for an email to send updates. They had some Campus Officers telling them about complaints about them not wearing masks (They were outside where not many people wear their mask either). The Campus Officers told them that they do not support the mandates as well. There are campus workers that are helping them get access to permits and the like. They were also told by many people how having them there gave them a voice for their concerns where they felt they had no one to talk with about their feelings/concerns.

It's going to be an interesting month for sure at our University.  :corn
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1711 on: September 08, 2021, 12:24:44 PM »

Good luck with the test.

● Shortness of breath
● New cough
● Sore throat
● Vomiting
● Diarrhea

You best realize that if that crane operator takes out a Wendy's and a Starbucks while on opioids that note means shit (and that's even assuming that you're correct on that).   As I said to Harmony, the environment sucks for you, individually, but it's what we have now.   We keep telling people that the "THEY" need to adjust for "US" - "they" need to get vaccinated, "they" need to wear masks, "they" needs to cover their mouths when they sneeze (because "they" are mouth breathers), "they" need to go home from work if they're not feeling well, and at this point, you just so happen to be the "THEY".  It blows, but it is what it is.

Exactly, and you had people telling the "US" crowd, be careful because they can easily turn it around and make you the "THEY". Which is happening now to some of those people.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1712 on: September 08, 2021, 04:10:20 PM »
It blows, but it is what it is.

So we all just grin and bear it, and put up with the lowest common denominators?  Sorry boss, that's not how this cochise rolls.  You needn't boil everything down to "us" vs "them".  How 'bout boiling it down to acting responsibluy and in the best interests of public health?  You think someone who works in a kitchen has the right to say 'pass' on a hairnet jus cuz they've got 90s-era Nuno Bettncourt flowing locks?  That's not an "us" vs "them" issue, and neither is wanting to stay safe and healthy in the middle of a global pandemic.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1713 on: September 08, 2021, 04:53:31 PM »
It blows, but it is what it is.

So we all just grin and bear it, and put up with the lowest common denominators?  Sorry boss, that's not how this cochise rolls.  You needn't boil everything down to "us" vs "them".  How 'bout boiling it down to acting responsibluy and in the best interests of public health?  You think someone who works in a kitchen has the right to say 'pass' on a hairnet jus cuz they've got 90s-era Nuno Bettncourt flowing locks?  That's not an "us" vs "them" issue, and neither is wanting to stay safe and healthy in the middle of a global pandemic.

I completely agree! I have been saying this for months now. Personal responsibility? I did it but the unvaccinated aren't doing it AND they are trying to inhibit others right to get vaccinated! Time for jail for these people.

Love the Nuno reference! :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1714 on: September 08, 2021, 04:55:29 PM »
More stats from the NJ governor today:

The proof is in the pudding