Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread v.2  (Read 195442 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Coronavirus Thread v.2
« Reply #1435 on: August 27, 2021, 10:11:24 AM »
There's a cuban place near where I work that I love to get lunch at, they have a dish called Mofongo which is a fried plantain base with some meat/veggies on top.  It's really good.  Their cuban sandwiches also come with plantain chips that are bangin.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1436 on: August 27, 2021, 10:16:06 AM »
Mofongo is one of my favorite dishes ever.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1437 on: August 27, 2021, 10:20:31 AM »
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1438 on: August 27, 2021, 10:30:34 AM »
 :rollin :rollin
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1439 on: August 27, 2021, 10:32:16 AM »
 :lol but the mofongos!!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1440 on: August 27, 2021, 10:45:42 AM »
Eh, at this point, most people's odds from getting severely sick from bad mofongo are probably higher than getting severely sick from Covid, so...  :dunno:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1441 on: August 27, 2021, 11:09:41 AM »
Anything out of the sea is trash!   

*runs for cover*

On an evolutionary timescale this includes all mammals.

Damn, I hadn't thought of that.

That sucks for your girlfriend

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1442 on: August 27, 2021, 12:03:15 PM »
:lol but the mofongos!!

I got my mofongo vax.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1443 on: August 27, 2021, 12:12:36 PM »
Eh, at this point, most people's odds from getting severely sick from bad mofongo are probably higher than getting severely sick from Covid, so...  :dunno:

Seriously?  Over 2600 deaths in the States the past two days, one of our friend's teen is in ICU, and now my brother has it (fortunately he is double vaxxed).

Poor taste. 

...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1444 on: August 27, 2021, 12:18:03 PM »
Complacency is exactly what Delta variant needs.  Here in Ontario, our cases, hospitalizations and ICU counts are between 4x and 8x what they were this very time last year - and that's with 65% of the TOTAL population in Ontario doubled vaccinated; 80%+ at least single-vax'd.  So yeah, let's not have anyone thing vaccinations are the cure to this pandemic.

I'm so not looking forward to the school return in 2 weeks.  Universities here are already giving hints that they're preparing to move back to online delivery if (when) needed.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1445 on: August 27, 2021, 12:27:37 PM »

Seriously?  Over 2600 deaths in the States the past two days, one of our friend's teen is in ICU, and now my brother has it (fortunately he is double vaxxed).

Poor taste.

I'm sorry for your specific situation with your brother and your friend's teen.  And if you think I was making light of anyone's specific plight, I apologize if I came across that way.  Not my intention.  But it is hardly "poor taste" to point out factually, as many, many others have done, that for those who are taking proper precautions, their odds of getting seriously ill are likely less than those of getting food poisoning.  Respectfully, I think you are taking offense too easily.  My dad died of cancer, but I think it would be misplaced for me to take offense at someone saying, in context of a food discussion, something along the lines of, "I'm more likely to get sick from eating that than I am to get stomach cancer." 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1446 on: August 27, 2021, 01:02:07 PM »
one of our friend's teen is in ICU, and now my brother has it (fortunately he is double vaxxed).

Jesus Joe. I feel like I live in a bubble every time you post something like this. And you've posted a lot of this kind of thing. :(
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1447 on: August 27, 2021, 01:04:40 PM »
Holy hell, this is so wrong. As someone who spent an entire Spring/Summer/Early Fall dealing with an undiagnosed gallstone issue, this hits home. They didn't catch mine until my kidneys starting shutting down. My bile duct was blocked and was wrecking my organs. Until that time, I was eventually passing the stones but one finally got so jammed it couldn't clear out.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-vet-denied-icu-bed-165528672.html

Just unbelievable in this day and age, I don't care what is going on. Treat the freaking patient. Get the win. This man did not have to die.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1448 on: August 27, 2021, 02:18:51 PM »
Holy hell, this is so wrong. As someone who spent an entire Spring/Summer/Early Fall dealing with an undiagnosed gallstone issue, this hits home. They didn't catch mine until my kidneys starting shutting down. My bile duct was blocked and was wrecking my organs. Until that time, I was eventually passing the stones but one finally got so jammed it couldn't clear out.

Just unbelievable in this day and age, I don't care what is going on. Treat the freaking patient. Get the win. This man did not have to die.
There is a solution to this. Hospital administrators need to institute a cap on the number of unvaccinated patients they'll accept based on a percentage of their total ICU capacity. Once you accept them you can't turn them away, so you have to turn them away at the door. They need to reserve space for the people who don't volunteer to get a preventable disease.

Did your kidney function return?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1449 on: August 27, 2021, 02:59:14 PM »

There is a solution to this. Hospital administrators need to institute a cap on the number of unvaccinated patients they'll accept based on a percentage of their total ICU capacity. Once you accept them you can't turn them away, so you have to turn them away at the door. They need to reserve space for the people who don't volunteer to get a preventable disease.

It did. I remember the idiot in the ER saying it's probably just a kidney stone. Then he had me pee in a cup and he was like, 'whoa, that's not right'. My urine was very, very dark. They ran a kidney test and they were barely functioning. The next day I was in surgery and had a my gallbladder removed. It was completely overloaded with stones.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1450 on: August 27, 2021, 03:14:36 PM »

It did. I remember the idiot in the ER saying it's probably just a kidney stone. Then he had me pee in a cup and he was like, 'whoa, that's not right'. My urine was very, very dark. They ran a kidney test and they were barely functioning. The next day I was in surgery and had a my gallbladder removed. It was completely overloaded with stones.
Glad to hear it. Obviously kidneys are a point of interest for me. I'm surprised that they didn't do labs as soon as they took you in. Serum creatinine is about as basic as it gets, so they should have had a pretty good idea of your kidney function right off the bat.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Luoto

• Wandering midget
« Reply #1451 on: August 27, 2021, 04:17:14 PM »
Complacency is exactly what Delta variant needs.  Here in Ontario, our cases, hospitalizations and ICU counts are between 4x and 8x what they were this very time last year - and that's with 65% of the TOTAL population in Ontario doubled vaccinated; 80%+ at least single-vax'd.  So yeah, let's not have anyone thing vaccinations are the cure to this pandemic.

Denmark no longer considers Covid a dangerous disease and will be removing all restrictions in two weeks, so it will be interesting to see where this goes. It's not putting significant strain on society there right now despite case numbers being generally high around Europe.
Always too soon, always too late, always in between.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1452 on: August 27, 2021, 06:14:24 PM »

Poor taste.

I brought up the mofongos (and genrerally the change in topic) in a typical change of discussion that happens on DTF which often turns to food.  I really doubt anyone meant offense to the reality of covid.  Im sorry for your situation, there's no doubt covid has been terrible and continues to be

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #1453 on: August 28, 2021, 05:03:48 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/28/us/florida-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccines-variant.html

The Florida story is a cautionary tale for dealing with the current incarnation of the coronavirus. The United States has used the vaccines as its primary pandemic weapon. But Florida shows that even a state that made a major push for vaccinations — Florida ranks 21st among states and Washington, D.C., in giving people of all ages at least one shot — can be crushed by the Delta variant, reaching frightening levels of hospitalizations and deaths.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1454 on: August 28, 2021, 09:32:34 PM »
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/08/having-sars-cov-2-once-confers-much-greater-immunity-vaccine-no-infection-parties

The natural immune protection that develops after a SARS-CoV-2 infection offers considerably more of a shield against the Delta variant of the pandemic coronavirus than two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, according to a large Israeli study that some scientists wish came with a “Don’t try this at home” label. The newly released data show people who once had a SARS-CoV-2 infection were much less likely than never-infected, vaccinated people to get Delta, develop symptoms from it, or become hospitalized with serious COVID-19.

The researchers also found that people who had SARS-CoV-2 previously and received one dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccine were more highly protected against reinfection than those who once had the virus and were still unvaccinated. The new work could inform discussion of whether previously infected people need to receive both doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine or the similar mRNA vaccine from Moderna. Vaccine mandates don’t necessarily exempt those who had a SARS-CoV-2 infection already and the current U.S. recommendation is that they be fully vaccinated, which means two mRNA doses or one of the J&J adenovirus-based vaccine. Yet one mRNA dose might be enough, some scientists argue. And other countries including Germany, France, Italy, and Israel administer just one vaccine dose to previously infected people.

The study, conducted in one of the most highly COVID-19–vaccinated countries in the world, examined medical records of tens of thousands of Israelis, charting their infections, symptoms, and hospitalizations between 1 June and 14 August, when the Delta variant predominated in Israel. It’s the largest real-world observational study so far to compare natural and vaccine-induced immunity to SARS-CoV-2, according to its leaders.

The research impresses Nussenzweig and other scientists who have reviewed a preprint of the results, posted yesterday on medRxiv. “It’s a textbook example of how natural immunity is really better than vaccination,” says Charlotte Thålin, a physician and immunology researcher at Danderyd Hospital and the Karolinska Institute who studies the immune responses to SARS-CoV-2. “To my knowledge, it’s the first time [this] has really been shown in the context of COVID-19.”

The new analysis relies on the database of Maccabi Healthcare Services, which enrolls about 2.5 million Israelis. The study, led by Tal Patalon and Sivan Gazit at KSM, the system’s research and innovation arm, found in two analyses that never-infected people who were vaccinated in January and February were, in June, July, and the first half of August, six to 13 times more likely to get infected than unvaccinated people who were previously infected with the coronavirus. In one analysis, comparing more than 32,000 people in the health system, the risk of developing symptomatic COVID-19 was 27 times higher among the vaccinated, and the risk of hospitalization eight times higher.

“The differences are huge,” says Thålin, although she cautions that the numbers for infections and other events analyzed for the comparisons were “small.” For instance, the higher hospitalization rate in the 32,000-person analysis was based on just eight hospitalizations in a vaccinated group and one in a previously infected group. And the 13-fold increased risk of infection in the same analysis was based on just 238 infections in the vaccinated population, less than 1.5% of the more than 16,000 people, versus 19 reinfections among a similar number of people who once had SARS-CoV-2.

No one in the study who got a new SARS-CoV-2 infection died—which prevented a comparison of death rates but is a clear sign that vaccines still offer a formidable shield against serious disease, even if not as good as natural immunity. Moreover, natural immunity is far from perfect. Although reinfections with SARS-CoV-2 are rare, and often asymptomatic or mild, they can be severe.

In another analysis, the researchers compared more than 14,000 people who had a confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection and were still unvaccinated with an equivalent number of previously infected people who received one dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine. The team found that the unvaccinated group was twice as likely to be reinfected as the singly vaccinated.

“We continue to underestimate the importance of natural infection immunity … especially when [infection] is recent,” says Eric Topol, a physician-scientist at Scripps Research. “And when you bolster that with one dose of vaccine, you take it to levels you can’t possibly match with any vaccine in the world right now.”

Nussenzweig says the results in previously infected, vaccinated people confirm laboratory findings from a series of papers in Nature and Immunity by his group, his Rockefeller University colleague Paul Bieniasz and others—and from a preprint posted this month by Bieniasz and his team. They show, Nussenzweig says, that the immune systems of people who develop natural immunity to SARS-CoV-2 and then get vaccinated produce exceptionally broad and potent antibodies against the coronavirus. The preprint, for example, reported that people who were previously infected and then vaccinated with an mRNA vaccine had antibodies in their blood that neutralized the infectivity of another virus, harmless to humans, that was engineered to express a version of the coronavirus spike protein that contains 20 concerning mutations. Sera from vaccinated and naturally infected people could not do so.

Nussenzweig’s group has published data showing people who recover from a SARS-CoV-2 infection continue to develop increasing numbers and types of coronavirus-targeting antibodies for up to 1 year. By contrast, he says, twice-vaccinated people stop seeing increases “in the potency or breadth of the overall memory antibody compartment” a few months after their second dose.

For many infectious diseases, naturally acquired immunity is known to be more powerful than vaccine-induced immunity and it often lasts a lifetime. Other coronaviruses that cause the serious human diseases severe acute respiratory syndrome and Middle East respiratory syndrome trigger robust and persistent immune responses. At the same time, several other human coronaviruses, which usually cause little more than colds, are known to reinfect people regularly.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1455 on: August 28, 2021, 11:04:44 PM »
Just got a message from a friend, she got the rona first back in the Milan wave in Feb 2020, got double vaxxed, and just got a breakthrough case. She's fairly young (40s), and in excellent health, and had a relatively mild case the first time around, so I'm not worried about her, but it still is quite spooky how virile this thing is. We're gonna be fighting it in perpituity.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1456 on: August 29, 2021, 07:11:57 AM »
This Delta variant is some nasty shit. I haven't seen the stats but it seems like the majority of the breakthrough cases has been the Delta variant. My next door neighbor died from COVID pneumonia  last Thursday. She was in the hospital for a week and refused to be intubated. No clue on vax status.

And our state district representative's husband died a couple weeks ago from COVID, they were unvaccinated.

Those who refuse to get vaccinated are playing with COVID fire.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1457 on: August 29, 2021, 08:05:20 AM »
This Delta variant is some nasty shit. I haven't seen the stats but it seems like the majority of the breakthrough cases has been the Delta variant. My next door neighbor died from COVID pneumonia  last Thursday. She was in the hospital for a week and refused to be intubated. No clue on vax status.

And our state district representative's husband died a couple weeks ago from COVID, they were unvaccinated.

And that is their choice to make. And if you are worried then you should make the choice to get vaccinated.

The consequences are you either die or you don't.

I have said this before too, people make questionable decisions all the time yet no one bothers to care about those choices that people make that end up killing themselves. So if we're concerned about others health and safety, people should consider that when deciding to do questionable actions. Which is all done by risk assessment. And people have different assessments of risks they are willing to take.

Those who do take the vaccine are still risking getting a side effect, as with all other drugs and medicines, but that is why you see you're doctor and talk to them to see if this is right for you.

How many people who did take the vaccine actually did go out and talk to their doctor before injecting their body with a new technological medical substance? If people did, there likely wouldn't have been as many adverse effects being reported as people would have known not to take it or else they'd develop those seizures or any of the other side effects people did get when taking the shot.

And how do we know people do have adverse effects if those effects are not severe enough for the person to be concerned about, and therefore never bothered to call their doctor or follow-up on the after effects. Which is what people were told to do if they felt any way from this vaccine so we know the effects of this vaccine. Their data depends on us to report it to the doctors. Doctors rely on us to tell them what is wrong with our body, if we don't they can misdiagnose and mistreat you with a medicine you should not have taken because you did not tell them about that other pain or injury you ignored and assumed isn't that bad because you can tolerate it, and now that medicine is having a worse effect on that pain and is enhancing that other health problem to where you are now in the hospital.

As I also have said. We can't control people. It's been done many time before and many things have happened as a consequence for trying to control the people against their will, wants, and desires.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 08:11:07 AM by Ben_Jamin »
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1458 on: August 29, 2021, 08:43:37 AM »

And that is their choice to make. And if you are worried then you should make the choice to get vaccinated.

The consequences are you either die or you don't.

I have said this before too, people make questionable decisions all the time yet no one bothers to care about those choices that people make that end up killing themselves. So if we're concerned about others health and safety, people should consider that when deciding to do questionable actions. Which is all done by risk assessment. And people have different assessments of risks they are willing to take.

Those who do take the vaccine are still risking getting a side effect, as with all other drugs and medicines, but that is why you see you're doctor and talk to them to see if this is right for you.

How many people who did take the vaccine actually did go out and talk to their doctor before injecting their body with a new technological medical substance? If people did, there likely wouldn't have been as many adverse effects being reported as people would have known not to take it or else they'd develop those seizures or any of the other side effects people did get when taking the shot.

And how do we know people do have adverse effects if those effects are not severe enough for the person to be concerned about, and therefore never bothered to call their doctor or follow-up on the after effects. Which is what people were told to do if they felt any way from this vaccine so we know the effects of this vaccine. Their data depends on us to report it to the doctors. Doctors rely on us to tell them what is wrong with our body, if we don't they can misdiagnose and mistreat you with a medicine you should not have taken because you did not tell them about that other pain or injury you ignored and assumed isn't that bad because you can tolerate it, and now that medicine is having a worse effect on that pain and is enhancing that other health problem to where you are now in the hospital.

As I also have said. We can't control people. It's been done many time before and many things have happened as a consequence for trying to control the people against their will, wants, and desires.

In the words of Captain Barbossa - Yes, we know that.  :yarr

You sure know how to beat a dead horse.  ;)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1459 on: August 29, 2021, 08:46:17 AM »
Just like others beat the dead horse of how getting vaxxed is more a social responsibility than a personal choice, to protect the unvaccinated, but we've clearly seen that the freedom people just don't care.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1460 on: August 29, 2021, 08:47:41 AM »
We live in a world where some put themselves over others.  Selflessness is a dying word.  Literally.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1461 on: August 29, 2021, 09:08:27 AM »
We live in a world where some put themselves over others.  Selflessness is a dying word.  Literally.

What happens when people put others over themselves?

Or when you do put other people over yourself and that other person goes and does something that hurts themselves or kills themselves. Which leaves you caring for them now moot as they themselves caused their own death.

Even though you tried and cared for them. If they don't care about themselves, that caring doesn't matter at all. Because they are too busy doing what they want to not consider your supposed feelings and emotions you have for them. Which is why many people do not do unwise things or make dumb risk assessments and choose not to do something as risky.

I mean, I know someone who did get vaccinated but chose to go to where Covid is supposedly rampant...Florida. now he came back and tested positive for it. Many others have tested positive but we're not bad to go to the hospital. Some even got it before taking the vaccine and they were fine, only mild symptoms of Covid-19.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1462 on: August 29, 2021, 09:17:40 AM »
The act of selflessness Ben is to do something for the betterment of others. Taking the vaccine even if you are unsure of is is the selfless act.

Not taking it is your way of saying I'm putting myself over others.  No ifs,  ands, or buts.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1463 on: August 29, 2021, 09:27:51 AM »
The act of selflessness Ben is to do something for the betterment of others. Taking the vaccine even if you are unsure of is is the selfless act.

Not taking it is your way of saying I'm putting myself over others.  No ifs,  ands, or buts.

But then that person I am supposedly being selfish towards could very well be so selfless themselves where they do something else entirely out of my control to harm themselves. Making what I did for them, pretty much not worth it. So what they are doing is spitting in my face.

If we want to talk about morals and being ethical. Why arent they banning all the unhealthy shit we do everyday that does kill us, but I'll be it slower.

So it's okay if we kill each other slowly, but no okay if it's quick?

I can name many ways we humans can act in selflessness that we do not currently demand people to change their ways, for the betterment of the entire world.

Selflessness hasn't been acted upon much at all really, when you really look into the history of humans.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1464 on: August 29, 2021, 09:34:39 AM »
Harm themselves?  We truly live in a world that believes anything they read online.

You know who's doing more damage to me than the virus?  I am.  I'm not taking care of myself. That's more dangerous than taking a vaccine.

It those who are healthy don't need to take the vaccine,  they do for others in their family who are in danger.

So I just went to my 1st concert in 18 months, I couldn't do so if I wasn't vaccinated.   At least now, if I did get it, I will not be hospitalized.

Unlike the high % overtaking the hospitals because they were selfish.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1465 on: August 29, 2021, 09:46:35 AM »
Harm themselves?  We truly live in a world that believes anything they read online.

You know who's doing more damage to me than the virus?  I am.  I'm not taking care of myself. That's more dangerous than taking a vaccine.

It those who are healthy don't need to take the vaccine,  they do for others in their family who are in danger.

So I just went to my 1st concert in 18 months, I couldn't do so if I wasn't vaccinated.   At least now, if I did get it, I will not be hospitalized.

Unlike the high % overtaking the hospitals because they were selfish.

Precisely. We do our own damage to our bodies not anyone else. If you happened to do things from your past that you are now susceptible to Covid-19, who is at fault. No one but yourself.

I would ask that person how they feel about me taking the vaccine for them. Some wouldn't care if I did or not because it's my body to choose what I do with it.

Not every person who is in danger is so worried about dying or catching the disease.

You know there are people out there who would gladly want Covid because they want to die. But they're not stupid enough to go out licking things and standing in front of a positive person to give it to them. For them, if they catch it then they catch it, if they die, then they die.

Peoples mindsets are not the same. And it all depends on communicating what both you and the other feel is best for both you and them.

And you could have still went to a show if you weren't vaccinated. Based on your mindset, you decided and chose not to because you didn't want to risk catching it. That's totally fine and one aspect I admire from people for doing what's best for them.

This is a two way street. Those who are vaccinated should be living their lives to better themselves or else it's a slap in the face to those people whom took it because of a moral ethical thought of I care and am selfless to the other.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1466 on: August 29, 2021, 09:51:03 AM »
Well actually Ben starting October 1st, Live Nation is making you show proof of vaccination or you can't get into any of their shows. 

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1467 on: August 29, 2021, 10:41:48 AM »
Well actually Ben starting October 1st, Live Nation is making you show proof of vaccination or you can't get into any of their shows.

GOOD!!!

I will rest a little easier knowing that I'm going to an DT concert knowing that is that restriction in place even though there will be some a-holes that will circumvent it. Like I said earlier, it's time to restrict their choices for the good of all human kind.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1468 on: August 29, 2021, 11:03:00 AM »

I am good with that.  Even though I am fully vaccinated and wish everyone would be so as well, I fully support anyone's right to not get vaccinated. However, with that choice comes consequences, and the above is one.  Choose not to get vaccinated?  Okay.  Then you can't go to concerts. Your choice.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1469 on: August 29, 2021, 11:19:26 AM »

I am good with that.  Even though I am fully vaccinated and wish everyone would be so as well, I fully support anyone's right to not get vaccinated. However, with that choice comes consequences, and the above is one.  Choose not to get vaccinated?  Okay.  Then you can't go to concerts. Your choice.
I'm fine with it, but LN's got an easy out since it's only applicable where allowed by law. Their policy won't be applicable in Texas (or any other states run by conservative whackjobs). If LN had any balls they'd only hold events in states that would allow them to enforce that policy. Sports leagues should probably follow suit, but things haven't gotten to the point where big money is willing to make a stand.
E.F. Benson