Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread v.2  (Read 195335 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Coronavirus Thread v.2
« Reply #1365 on: August 25, 2021, 07:29:33 PM »
You wouldn't know it by looking at me (5'10", 180 lbs now),

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1366 on: August 25, 2021, 07:30:30 PM »
Tim's is 36-24-36.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1367 on: August 25, 2021, 07:35:23 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1368 on: August 25, 2021, 07:37:46 PM »
Exactly you hot bitch. Love youuuuuuu!!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1369 on: August 25, 2021, 09:29:08 PM »
Regarding the app... I have a driver's license to drive, and a passport to fly. I don't need an app to do either. I have a vaccination card, that should be enough.

And I hate to bring this up, because it comes up ALL THE TIME, but I think there are some equity issues here. My parents aren't luddites, and they aren't poor. But they do not want or need a smartphone and a data plan.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1370 on: August 25, 2021, 10:03:11 PM »
Regarding the app... I have a driver's license to drive, and a passport to fly. I don't need an app to do either. I have a vaccination card, that should be enough.

And I hate to bring this up, because it comes up ALL THE TIME, but I think there are some equity issues here. My parents aren't luddites, and they aren't poor. But they do not want or need a smartphone and a data plan.
The apps are merely a supplement to the card. I know in most places either are acceptable. The issue is that people are now needing to treat their vaccination card with care, and just sticking it in your wallet is kind of the opposite of that. I've got a picture of mine on my phone, and I can take the real one someplace if I know I'll need it.

And I took advantage of the Krispy Kreme offer back when it was only one doughnut and thought it sucked. It, and the store that made it, both smelled like paint. Besides which, I'd much rather support the elderly Asian people that wake up at 0400 every morning for the last 60 years to make us our donuts. Those people deserve it.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1371 on: August 25, 2021, 10:28:54 PM »

The apps are merely a supplement to the card. I know in most places either are acceptable. The issue is that people are now needing to treat their vaccination card with care, and just sticking it in your wallet is kind of the opposite of that. I've got a picture of mine on my phone, and I can take the real one someplace if I know I'll need it.

I heard either Office Depot, Staples, or Office Max, or some combination of the three were laminating them for free.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1372 on: August 25, 2021, 10:36:17 PM »

I heard either Office Depot, Staples, or Office Max, or some combination of the three were laminating them for free.
Government agencies used thermal printing labels to mark the injection details. The laminater will turn those black. You can only laminate it if all of the important bits are hand written.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1373 on: August 25, 2021, 10:41:01 PM »
Everything on mine is hand-written.

And I wasn't thinking people were talking about the app as a supplement, but as a requirement. Apologies if I was reading incorrectly.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #1374 on: August 26, 2021, 03:54:57 AM »
Mora, you live in Norway, right? I know folks are getting their second shots earlier than first planned in a lot of cities around the country. You could try calling or e-mailng your vaccination centre and ask if they can re-schedule your appointment. The worst that can happen is you get a 'sorry, no can do'. :)
During the pandemic, usually when there was a common sense thing that experts were suggesting, it would take at least a month for it to trickle down into policy. I read your post and I thought, well, it really does make sense that they should offer shots early with so many people delaying their first shots for vacation, especially if they offer Moderna as a second shot. And about a week later I get a text and tomorrow's supposed to be my new shot! Quite nice to experience in-world action along the lines with what experts are saying in the news as it's happening.

Of course I might delay it for next week because I got a freaking cold again :loser:

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #1375 on: August 26, 2021, 06:51:04 AM »
Illinois is expected to be getting a state-wide mask mandate again today.  It's sad that people are so wrapped up into the politics of this stupid virus that they can't figure out how to stay healthy. 

Now we all get the task of wearing a mask inside stores and businesses again, just two months after the last mandate was lifted.   :facepalm:

The good thing is that he's also mandating vaccines for teachers.  At least that will force those unvaccinated teachers to get it and help keep the kids safer.  My sister in law teaches, had COVID several months ago, and wasn't going to get vaccinated.  I'm sorry, but you work with kids 12 and under....do your damn duty and have some respect for these kids that are under your care throughout the day.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1376 on: August 26, 2021, 06:54:02 AM »
I overheard a conversation about blood storage at the gun range last night between three people. I was in the process of putting on my ear protection and didn't listen for long, but from what it sounded like, one of the guys found an underground (secret/hidden) business that's storing a blood supply that hasn't been tainted by the vaccine. Something like that had never occurred to me. Are there people out there with tons of freezers creating blood reserves for people that are off the books?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1377 on: August 26, 2021, 08:11:34 AM »
I overheard a conversation about blood storage at the gun range last night between three people. I was in the process of putting on my ear protection and didn't listen for long, but from what it sounded like, one of the guys found an underground (secret/hidden) business that's storing a blood supply that hasn't been tainted by the vaccine. Something like that had never occurred to me. Are there people out there with tons of freezers creating blood reserves for people that are off the books?
I can't find anything about this through google, but if it's happening, we should probably be encouraging it. If these numbskulls want to undergo under-the-radar blood transfusions, more power to them. Most likely quicker and cheaper than waiting for the virus to kill them.

Also, blood doesn't keep forever. This isn't Campbell's cream of mushroom soup we're talking about.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1378 on: August 26, 2021, 08:17:38 AM »
So when it comes to smoking, they finally figured out that 2nd hand smoke hurts other non smokers so what did they do?  Places now do not allow smoking inside.  So the consequence Chad is talking about is that places will soon say, no vaccination, no eating at our restaurant. Not being able to eat out will be the consequence.

Ever been to Philly?   Seriously; in the City, if you get more than 10% of your revenue from food, there is no smoking in the facility.   So you walk outside, and there are invariably 5 people puffing away on the sidewalk in front of the facility.   Which is fine, which is to say, there is a choice:  I'm sitting at the bar, enjoying a Miller High-Life and if I want to smoke, I put a coaster over the bottle - so I don't get ruffied - and I walk out to the sidewalk and smoke.   Maybe one of my friends will come with me, maybe not. Then I go back and finish my beer.   That's not an unrealistic requirement.   

And bear in mind I'm being somewhat theoretical here.  The mechanism matters.  If any one business wants to say "vaccine or your fired", fair enough, it's their business they can do that.  AS LONG as I can go to OTHER business and be employed.  Once the guv'mint gets involved, it reduces/eliminates the choice to "get vaccine" or "starve and lose my house".  That's not a choice any more.

On a practical level, though, Bart is correct.  There IS a difference between the practical and the theoretical.  (FYI, I'm not as wishy-washy as I sound; I'm just trying to not write a novel here.)
Not sure why the government matters here. If every business wants to fire the unvaccinated, so be it. Freedom and capitalism, right? If the government wants to require vaccines for its employees, so be it. I'm not sure why that's an issue, either. Yes, in the aggregate it eliminates the choice others are referring to, but I'm not sure that's our concern as a society.

It matters because it's a continuum.   If it's one company, only, it's the policy of that company.  If it's all companies, because 32 million CEOs (that's a ballpark number of corporations, partnerships and sole proprietorships) came to the same conclusion that it's the right thing to do, then it's the nature of ... I don't know, not "common sense", but conventional wisdom, maybe?  I don't know where the transition between those is; that's up for discussion.  When it becomes government, then it's some amalgam of the two.  There will be CEOs that agree, and there will be CEOs that will do it against their will (and undoubtedly some that won't and make a spectacle of it).  But with the political nature of that - California (on the right side of history) laying down the Draconian law, and Florida (those deplorable deplorables) not - there's no rhyme or reason to it.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 08:24:51 AM by Stadler »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1379 on: August 26, 2021, 08:23:33 AM »
I can't find anything about this through google, but if it's happening, we should probably be encouraging it. If these numbskulls want to undergo under-the-radar blood transfusions, more power to them. Most likely quicker and cheaper than waiting for the virus to kill them.

Also, blood doesn't keep forever. This isn't Campbell's cream of mushroom soup we're talking about.

:lol I have no idea what any of this is about, but certainly doesn't sound safe.  And what's the point exactly?  It boggles my mind the hoops people will jump through to dodge anything to do with the vaccine.

Online Harmony

« Reply #1380 on: August 26, 2021, 08:30:40 AM »
So when it comes to smoking, they finally figured out that 2nd hand smoke hurts other non smokers so what did they do?  Places now do not allow smoking inside.  So the consequence Chad is talking about is that places will soon say, no vaccination, no eating at our restaurant. Not being able to eat out will be the consequence.

Ever been to Philly?   Seriously; in the City, if you get more than 10% of your revenue from food, there is no smoking in the facility.   So you walk outside, and there are invariably 5 people puffing away on the sidewalk in front of the facility.   Which is fine, which is to say, there is a choice:  I'm sitting at the bar, enjoying a Miller High-Life and if I want to smoke, I put a coaster over the bottle - so I don't get ruffied - and I walk out to the sidewalk and smoke.   Maybe one of my friends will come with me, maybe not. Then I go back and finish my beer.   That's not an unrealistic requirement.   

And bear in mind I'm being somewhat theoretical here.  The mechanism matters.  If any one business wants to say "vaccine or your fired", fair enough, it's their business they can do that.  AS LONG as I can go to OTHER business and be employed.  Once the guv'mint gets involved, it reduces/eliminates the choice to "get vaccine" or "starve and lose my house".  That's not a choice any more.

On a practical level, though, Bart is correct.  There IS a difference between the practical and the theoretical.  (FYI, I'm not as wishy-washy as I sound; I'm just trying to not write a novel here.)
Not sure why the government matters here. If every business wants to fire the unvaccinated, so be it. Freedom and capitalism, right? If the government wants to require vaccines for its employees, so be it. I'm not sure why that's an issue, either. Yes, in the aggregate it eliminates the choice others are referring to, but I'm not sure that's our concern as a society.

It matters because it's a continuum.   If it's one company, only, it's the policy of that company.  If it's all companies, because 32 million CEOs (that's a ballpark number of corporations, partnerships and sole proprietorships) decide it, then it's the nature of ... I don't know, not "common sense", but conventional wisdom, maybe?.  I don't know where the transition between those is; that's up for discussion.  When it becomes government, then it's some amalgam of the two.  There will be CEOs that agree, and there will be CEOs that will do it against their will (and undoubtedly some that won't and make a spectacle of it).  But with the political nature of that - California (on the right side of history) laying down the Draconian law, and Florida (those deplorable deplorables) not - there's no rhyme or reason to it.

Wait a minute.  I'm confused.  If I'm an employer or a CEO of a giant company, it is in my best interest to protect the workers that I've spent time and money training to do their jobs.  Not to mention the fact that I'm risk averse - meaning, I don't want Billy Bob to sue me because Karen brought Covid into the workplace and I as the CEO did not take proper precautions to protect him.

Unless OSHA is getting involved - which is possible and has also been a thing to protect workers in the workplace since it's inception - THEN I'll see your point about the big bad government stepping in.  As for government workers, they have always been subject to government regulations - which have BTW included vaccines and/or TB testing of healthcare workers for decades.  Nothing new there.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1381 on: August 26, 2021, 08:32:53 AM »

And I took advantage of the Krispy Kreme offer back when it was only one doughnut and thought it sucked. It, and the store that made it, both smelled like paint. Besides which, I'd much rather support the elderly Asian people that wake up at 0400 every morning for the last 60 years to make us our donuts. Those people deserve it.
Side bar, I moved, and as part of that I have to get my whole new set of "go to" places:  pizza, breakfast, donuts, coffee, etc.   And while I'm nominally a Dunkin' guy, there's a local place about 5 miles from me that is the BOMB DIDDLY when it comes to donuts.  Not Asian, but I imagine the point is the same.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1382 on: August 26, 2021, 08:36:27 AM »
Illinois is expected to be getting a state-wide mask mandate again today.  It's sad that people are so wrapped up into the politics of this stupid virus that they can't figure out how to stay healthy. 

Now we all get the task of wearing a mask inside stores and businesses again, just two months after the last mandate was lifted.   :facepalm:

The good thing is that he's also mandating vaccines for teachers.  At least that will force those unvaccinated teachers to get it and help keep the kids safer.  My sister in law teaches, had COVID several months ago, and wasn't going to get vaccinated.  I'm sorry, but you work with kids 12 and under....do your damn duty and have some respect for these kids that are under your care throughout the day.

I'm salivating at the conversations we're (collective) going to have from this point forward when something someone doesn't like gets implemented.    :D :D :D

Can I say that next time Chris Murphy gets up and sheds crocodile tears draping his arms around the families of another school shooting, advocating for measures that aren't going to do a DAMN THING to help the kids, but will certainly fuck over that devil, the NRA?  Or the next time we're spending valuable school time bending over backward accommodating the Altressa Cox-Blackwell's of the world in the name of "diversity"?    (I'm saying this to be lighthearted, not snarky.)

(And for the record I do support having teachers vaccinated IF they are in contact with students for whom we've not made available the vaccine either through age or otherwise.)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 08:48:48 AM by Stadler »

Online Harmony

« Reply #1383 on: August 26, 2021, 08:42:47 AM »

I'm salivating at the conversations we're (collective) going to have from this point forward when something someone doesn't like gets implemented.    :D :D :D

It's kind of like all the conversations happening now with people who previously claimed they were all about capitalism and against government being involved with regulation and now think its just fine that governors (the big bad government) are stepping in and telling businesses what they can and cannot do.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1384 on: August 26, 2021, 08:51:26 AM »

It's kind of like all the conversations happening now with people who previously claimed they were all about capitalism and against government being involved with regulation and now think its just fine that governors (the big bad government) are stepping in and telling businesses what they can and cannot do.

It just goes to show that no "side" has any monopoly on hypocrisy or situational ideology.   All just fodder for the continued divisiveness.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1385 on: August 26, 2021, 08:54:42 AM »

It just goes to show that no "side" has any monopoly on hypocrisy or situational ideology.   All just fodder for the continued divisiveness.

Agreed. Except the French. They clearly are the worst side.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1386 on: August 26, 2021, 09:26:47 AM »

It's the Technological Revolution. Not only is it technology like phones, but also technology related to health and other areas of life. What is happening is they are implementing technical advancements on the people. If you do not go along, then tough luck.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1387 on: August 26, 2021, 09:33:44 AM »

People do not do this at all. People disregard their health constantly that I think it's odd how much people claim morality when discussing health.

People know that eating better is beneficial for their health. But they don't do it because of humans addictions to certain chemicals in the foods we eat. Same thing with cigarettes and any form of addiction that detriments a person's health.

You also have people hurting their physical health because of a damn challenge where people just have to follow the trend. That's pretty much leading the sheep off the cliff. The Milk Crate challenge...

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1388 on: August 26, 2021, 09:38:46 AM »

It matters because it's a continuum.   If it's one company, only, it's the policy of that company.  If it's all companies, because 32 million CEOs (that's a ballpark number of corporations, partnerships and sole proprietorships) came to the same conclusion that it's the right thing to do, then it's the nature of ... I don't know, not "common sense", but conventional wisdom, maybe?  I don't know where the transition between those is; that's up for discussion.  When it becomes government, then it's some amalgam of the two.  There will be CEOs that agree, and there will be CEOs that will do it against their will (and undoubtedly some that won't and make a spectacle of it).  But with the political nature of that - California (on the right side of history) laying down the Draconian law, and Florida (those deplorable deplorables) not - there's no rhyme or reason to it.

And then you have those businesses that do implement the opposite because they can and not require a vaccine or deny vaccinated people entry. Then you have the shunning from other businesses.

Businesses can and should be able to deny vaccinated people entry the same they can deny unvaccinated people entry.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #1389 on: August 26, 2021, 10:07:54 AM »

People do not do this at all. People disregard their health constantly that I think it's odd how much people claim morality when discussing health.

People know that eating better is beneficial for their health. But they don't do it because of humans addictions to certain chemicals in the foods we eat. Same thing with cigarettes and any form of addiction that detriments a person's health.

You also have people hurting their physical health because of a damn challenge where people just have to follow the trend. That's pretty much leading the sheep off the cliff. The Milk Crate challenge...

Good lord.  I'm not a perfect at all, but in the last year and a half, I haven't caught covid.  That has nothing to do with my diet, my vices (too much sugar!) or my daily activities.  I wore my mask when needed, kept away from large crowds (and if I was in one, wore a mask) and my family sacrificed where needed - cancelling vacations, not going to the zoo, etc. 

I'm not claiming higher morality at all.  There's a difference at living a healthy lifestyle vs. taking measures to not come down with covid and prolong the pandemic.

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1390 on: August 26, 2021, 10:26:15 AM »

Good lord.  I'm not a perfect at all, but in the last year and a half, I haven't caught covid.  That has nothing to do with my diet, my vices (too much sugar!) or my daily activities.  I wore my mask when needed, kept away from large crowds (and if I was in one, wore a mask) and my family sacrificed where needed - cancelling vacations, not going to the zoo, etc. 

I'm not claiming higher morality at all.  There's a difference at living a healthy lifestyle vs. taking measures to not come down with covid and prolong the pandemic.

That wasn't meant toward you personally. Sorry if you did take it as personal, it wasn't my intention.

It's a response to what you said about people that can't figure out how to be healthy.

But, living a healthy lifestyle proves to be beneficial in not causing one to get health conditions that do make them more susceptible to Covid.

I am not blaming anyone at all either. I am just wondering how people that do claim to be about morals and righteousness (not you or anyone else here) always feel like placing blame on "the other" rather than reflecting and looking at the mirror and saying, "Maybe, I shouldn't have done those things to get me to this point" that's accepting the consequences for your choices that now make you vulnerable to getting this virus.

Also, we have never mass tested people for a coronavirus until Covid-19 hit the airwaves. I am sure if we were to have tested people for the flu, we'd find out many people were asymptomatic and spreading the flu just as much as we are with Covid-19. Are there any studies or research being done about this, or are there any that was actually done?

See, what happened was this caused our mindsets to shift and we ended up becoming more sanitary. People were nasty before (still are), and would not wash their hands much at all. People and businesses would still go to work even when people were sick causing spread to those vulnerable and could possibly die from catching that cold. Now businesses are saying stay home if sick, therefore people don't need to go to work, as businesses hopefully implemented sick leave pay and a requirement for getting that sick leave. The business's affected peoples mindsets about illness spread because they needed to make money, and if they don't come into work they don't make the money to live. That entire team of mind and mindset has changed and shifted...

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #1391 on: August 26, 2021, 10:40:19 AM »
for the one millionth time covid-19 is not just the flu, it is not an apt comparison. 

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1392 on: August 26, 2021, 10:54:44 AM »
for the one millionth time covid-19 is not just the flu, it is not an apt comparison.

It's not Ebola either but people are treating it as if it is Ebola and we're all gonna die with blood squirting out of our eyes.

If it was as deadly as it seemed we'd all be gone. See this is where I also feel sometimes I would like to see tests on humans. But I know it's inhumane, and one of moral and ethical boundaries. This is the knowledge that we humans are not ready to grasp and utilize. Scientists are doing these things now and we the dumb, ignorant, not smart to understand and grasp scientific concepts, are too stupid to realize what they are doing with regards to the blueprints of life and everything that makes the world turn.

Just because it's nice, pretty, new and they market it as great, doesn't mean it will be down the road in the long-term. We do have these products now and they're called smartphones, which we buy new every year, they're marketed as new and pretty and is what you need now, but years later it's obsolete and won't be able to handle new apps as it's obsolete.

This is where the boosters come in. And what happens if someone doesn't want to take the booster, are they not allowed entry as they upgrade the vaccine apps to require you to have a booster?

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1393 on: August 26, 2021, 10:58:02 AM »
It's a novel virus, and the people in know are treating it as such, the rest of us are too ignorant of actual science to understand that, so we're just making shit up to make ourselves feel better or whatever.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1394 on: August 26, 2021, 11:02:25 AM »

Yep.  Went to Staples, last Friday, to get my card copied and laminated and all I had to pay was just for the copy of the card (which was like $0.20 or less or something).  The lamination was free.

:lol I have no idea what any of this is about, but certainly doesn't sound safe.  And what's the point exactly?  It boggles my mind the hoops people will jump through to dodge anything to do with the vaccine.

Apparently, last week, some people had the bright idea thinking that taking horse medication was going to be the better route and the FDA had to make a public statement saying that this is obviously not the way to go?  Good gravy, man.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1395 on: August 26, 2021, 11:12:12 AM »
Apparently, last week, some people had the bright idea thinking that taking horse medication was going to be the better route and the FDA had to make a public statement saying that this is obviously not the way to go?  Good gravy, man.
If only we could market jumping in front of trains as a safe and effective alternative to the vaccines. By the gods we'd be so much better off.
E.F. Benson

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #1396 on: August 26, 2021, 11:14:57 AM »

It's not Ebola either but people are treating it as if it is Ebola and we're all gonna die with blood squirting out of our eyes.

it’s not ebola and no one is treating it as such.  This was a bad idea, goodbye and carry on.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1397 on: August 26, 2021, 11:24:41 AM »

Kinda, sorta, you are.  There are people who wore masks when needed, kept away from large crowds (and if in one, wore a mask) and made family sacrifices where needed - cancelling vacations, not going to the zoo, etc. and STILL got the virus.  Conversely, people who just did not give a shit and never got it.  You're just doing what YOU feel is right FOR YOU to cut your odds.

(And I'm not questioning your choices; I did many if not all of them too.  But they were my choice.)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1398 on: August 26, 2021, 11:25:42 AM »

it’s not ebola and no one is treating it as such.  This was a bad idea, goodbye and carry on.

Lead with snark, receive snark in return.  It's not rocket science.   

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1399 on: August 26, 2021, 02:01:42 PM »

There is a very right leaning gun forum I found that I stalk because they have some of the most extreme coronavirus conspiracies, a while back they were convinced their alpha non vaxx sperm was gonna be worth a fortune