Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread v.2  (Read 195413 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Coronavirus Thread v.2
« Reply #1155 on: August 16, 2021, 06:06:34 AM »
Haha, I knew that was coming. :lol :lol

Online polls are a bit different than me calling out an entire room in person about something, duh. Go listen to some Winger. :P

Don't make this political.  :-*

:rollin :rollin

I think that one is going to have legs.   :)

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1156 on: August 16, 2021, 10:59:22 AM »

See here, I am accepting that it is from my own volition that I did this to myself, that no one else was to blame but me. I am accepting the consequences for my past decisions. If I ended up being more susceptible to many forms of illness, I am not blaming anyone else if my health ends up getting bad, I am not blaming anyone If I do end up getting Covid-19 and dying.

I can't speak for anywhere else, but in America, in 2021, you are distinctly in the minority.  We are fast evolving into a victim culture, where EVERYTHING that isn't optimal has to be attributable to something (preferably something we can point at the government to "stop").

And the disabled?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1157 on: August 16, 2021, 11:48:53 AM »

See here, I am accepting that it is from my own volition that I did this to myself, that no one else was to blame but me. I am accepting the consequences for my past decisions. If I ended up being more susceptible to many forms of illness, I am not blaming anyone else if my health ends up getting bad, I am not blaming anyone If I do end up getting Covid-19 and dying.

I can't speak for anywhere else, but in America, in 2021, you are distinctly in the minority.  We are fast evolving into a victim culture, where EVERYTHING that isn't optimal has to be attributable to something (preferably something we can point at the government to "stop").

And the disabled?

I'm sorry?  What about the disabled?

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1158 on: August 16, 2021, 12:02:49 PM »

And the disabled?

It's the same question I've asked everybody here who emphasizes the "personal responsibility" angle of COVID.
It's great that Benjamin takes responsibility for his own health, but stopping the spread is about more than just looking out for ourselves. It's about creating an environment where the elderly and disabled as well as other vulnerable populations can get back to living in the level of risk that is more normal for them when there is not a deadly pandemic raging.

If it's my "fault" that I get covid, then it is also my "fault" if I spread it, no? Maybe something to consider before we start with yet another cultural grievance diatribe about "victim culture".

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1159 on: August 16, 2021, 12:29:23 PM »
If it's my "fault" that I get covid, then it is also my "fault" if I spread it, no? Maybe something to consider before we start with yet another cultural grievance diatribe about "victim culture".

Yup.  It's more than just yourself.  That's why things like obesity, isn't a great example.  One person being fat does not make another person sick.  We are talking a virus here, that spreads and mutates.  If you are only looking at yourself, you don't have a true understanding of how our world works.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1160 on: August 16, 2021, 12:45:41 PM »

And the disabled?

It's the same question I've asked everybody here who emphasizes the "personal responsibility" angle of COVID.
It's great that Benjamin takes responsibility for his own health, but stopping the spread is about more than just looking out for ourselves. It's about creating an environment where the elderly and disabled as well as other vulnerable populations can get back to living in the level of risk that is more normal for them when there is not a deadly pandemic raging.

No need to be condescending.  I'm continuously happy to start a yet another cultural grievance diatribe (nothing dismissive about that, amiright?) about "victim culture", because it's true.   The two points are not mutually exclusive.    As the son of a man who is handicapped, I can tell you first hand that society doesn't bend over for the disabled, and I'm not sure why we're all of a sudden making that the sticking point now.  Regardless, he'd be the first to tell you that life isn't a plastic bubble.  These arguments about liberty and mandates aren't about the disabled, they're about power and politics.

(And by the by, I never said "if you get COVID it's your fault", nor the corollary.  I'm pointing at the whole idea of "fault" to begin with.I think you can do everything right, follow all the rules and guess what, life's going to kick you in the onions regardless. That doesn't mean you do nothing, but it does say that the idea of "fault" is limited in it's effectiveness.)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 12:53:42 PM by Stadler »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1161 on: August 16, 2021, 12:52:14 PM »

Yup.  It's more than just yourself.  That's why things like obesity, isn't a great example.  One person being fat does not make another person sick.  We are talking a virus here, that spreads and mutates.  If you are only looking at yourself, you don't have a true understanding of how our world works.

For clarity, I'm not suggesting that we look ONLY at ourselves.  Again, it's NOT binary.  I'm only saying that there are a LOT of people that don't even START by looking at themselves.   I'm talking about a very specific mindset that assumes that we should be free from harm, that we have a RIGHT to be so, and that it's government's responsibility to make sure that's the case regardless.  THAT'S the "victim culture", not a more nuanced understanding that we're talking about tens of variables working together, some we control, some they control, some NO ONE controls.    I've posted articles here about the many examples where COVID has not acted in accordance with the politics or the generally accepted protocols for society disease control. 

I've also cited numerous articles that show that the bullying, demanding culture DOESN'T CHANGE MINDS, at least with regards to vaccine hesitancy and mask wearing.   Yet, we keep on keeping on, demanding an accountability that doesn't exist in the name of... I'm not sure what.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1162 on: August 16, 2021, 12:54:24 PM »
Making a statement of facts is not bullying nor is it a demand.  People need to understand the basics, which clearly many still don't over 1.5 years into this pandemic.  It's amazing how uninformed or misinformed so many people are. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1163 on: August 16, 2021, 01:00:14 PM »
Making a statement of facts is not bullying nor is it a demand.  People need to understand the basics, which clearly many still don't over 1.5 years into this pandemic.  It's amazing how uninformed or misinformed so many people are.

We're not in disagreement.   I'm with you. I have zero problem with a statement of facts.   

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1164 on: August 16, 2021, 01:31:02 PM »

Yeah. And it's the attitude in which those facts are presented.

And again, the thing is. Humans do not know everything, nor do we know all the facts. We are living under that proof that these facts consistently change. This is just the Nature of how the World works. I have no idea how humans came to have that frame of mind that humans can control and predict the future to where everything will be safe for us humans. It's impossible and time and time again, throughout history, Nature has proven us wrong.

The issue is, the government is only there to keep the peace for the people. Where is the line drawn where the responsibility of safety is up to the people or the government?

This is the changing point where these two issues collided and we are left to face the reality of the consequences of these conflicting points for the people, as we do not know what these consequences will exactly be.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1165 on: August 16, 2021, 02:26:58 PM »
No need to be condescending.  I'm continuously happy to start a yet another cultural grievance diatribe (nothing dismissive about that, amiright?) about "victim culture", because it's true.   The two points are not mutually exclusive.    As the son of a man who is handicapped, I can tell you first hand that society doesn't bend over for the disabled, and I'm not sure why we're all of a sudden making that the sticking point now.  Regardless, he'd be the first to tell you that life isn't a plastic bubble.  These arguments about liberty and mandates aren't about the disabled, they're about power and politics.

(And by the by, I never said "if you get COVID it's your fault", nor the corollary.  I'm pointing at the whole idea of "fault" to begin with.I think you can do everything right, follow all the rules and guess what, life's going to kick you in the onions regardless. That doesn't mean you do nothing, but it does say that the idea of "fault" is limited in it's effectiveness.)

Well, don't tell me to not be "condescending" when you start with the blanket statement that most Americans just want to play the victim card... lol

I want to unpack what Benjamin said because there are problems with the mentality. Similar to darkshade's earlier posts (and he never addressed my questions along these lines).
It's not enough to say "Well, I'll do what I want, and I'll own it if I get COVID" because doing whatever you want during COVID and saying you'll take responsibility for it is not like saying "I'll go to whatever dirty websites I want with no ad blocker or anti-virus, and if my computer gets a virus, so be it". There are very broad implications of the self-responsibility angle because a personal choice to not wear a mask or not get vaccinated (or go to work sick, or whatever) can put others in harm's way. You've already said multiple times that you agree with masking, encouraging the vax, and other protocols, so this isn't an attack on your personally, it's a rejection of the attitude that looks at the pandemic as an individual measure of risk vs a social one.

We need to do both, I think. My family and I have our own levels of risk for ourselves, and what we are willing/are not willing to put ourselves through. We also accept that there are unprecedented concerns with COVID being particularly harmful for certain groups, with some proven measures that can help slow the spread. Those people chest-pounding on the side-line about "if I get sick, I'll be fine", or "if I get it, no big deal" are missing the bigger picture of all the different things that need to go right in order to put the pandemic behind us.

For clarity, I'm not suggesting that we look ONLY at ourselves.  Again, it's NOT binary.  I'm only saying that there are a LOT of people that don't even START by looking at themselves.   I'm talking about a very specific mindset that assumes that we should be free from harm, that we have a RIGHT to be so, and that it's government's responsibility to make sure that's the case regardless.  THAT'S the "victim culture", not a more nuanced understanding that we're talking about tens of variables working together, some we control, some they control, some NO ONE controls.    I've posted articles here about the many examples where COVID has not acted in accordance with the politics or the generally accepted protocols for society disease control. 

I've also cited numerous articles that show that the bullying, demanding culture DOESN'T CHANGE MINDS, at least with regards to vaccine hesitancy and mask wearing.   Yet, we keep on keeping on, demanding an accountability that doesn't exist in the name of... I'm not sure what.

First off, believing that the Government should play some role in the public health is not "victim culture". No one expects the Government to keep them safe from all harm. And people who expect the Government to be able to do something about a crisis are also not "victims" with unrealistic expectations about their Government. They want the Governing body they already give like 20-30% of their salary to to do something.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1166 on: August 16, 2021, 02:46:02 PM »

I want to unpack what Benjamin said because there are problems with the mentality. Similar to darkshade's earlier posts (and he never addressed my questions along these lines).
It's not enough to say "Well, I'll do what I want, and I'll own it if I get COVID" because doing whatever you want during COVID and saying you'll take responsibility for it is not like saying "I'll go to whatever dirty websites I want with no ad blocker or anti-virus, and if my computer gets a virus, so be it". There are very broad implications of the self-responsibility angle because a personal choice to not wear a mask or not get vaccinated (or go to work sick, or whatever) can put others in harm's way. You've already said multiple times that you agree with masking, encouraging the vax, and other protocols, so this isn't an attack on your personally, it's a rejection of the attitude that looks at the pandemic as an individual measure of risk vs a social one.

We need to do both, I think. My family and I have our own levels of risk for ourselves, and what we are willing/are not willing to put ourselves through. We also accept that there are unprecedented concerns with COVID being particularly harmful for certain groups, with some proven measures that can help slow the spread. Those people chest-pounding on the side-line about "if I get sick, I'll be fine", or "if I get it, no big deal" are missing the bigger picture of all the different things that need to go right in order to put the pandemic behind us.

I understand exactly what you are saying. I agree it's a bit of both. Even though I have this mentality, I do also understand their needs to be a balance of both things. But I also understand it's not as easy-peasy as it sounds because people have their own mentalities and their own thoughts and are their own people.

Basically, it's the foundation of what is called Community. There is none of that in these big cities, and you could say not much of it in the world. People are so divided and separated from one another that there is no common unity to form a sense of community. Neighbors tend to not know one another and individuals tend to be left to fend for themselves. One just needs to look at how many elderly live alone and not many bother to help them out with basic things they can not do anymore as they are old. In communities, people tend to watch and look out for one another, they will watch your house when you are not home, which is the connection of unity.

I also feel it's more about how the one's in charge are not being upfront about it and are using it for their own reasons as well. Sometimes, going against what the data shows...because...

I've posted articles here about the many examples where COVID has not acted in accordance with the politics or the generally accepted protocols for society disease control. 

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1167 on: August 16, 2021, 03:24:17 PM »

Well, don't tell me to not be "condescending" when you start with the blanket statement that most Americans just want to play the victim card... lol

I'm not going to quibble with you: I stated an opinion that I believe and that has nothing to do with you.  You can like, or not, that opinion at your choice.  YOU commented on MY statement and dismissed it summarily.  Very different. 

Well, it is, to a degree, because it's not absolute.  I agree with masking (I mask 97% of the time), I agree with vaccinating (I was vaccinated the second day it was available to me), and I strongly encourage the dissemination of FACTUAL, UNBIASED information to allow people to make informed choices.   But I don't agree with TELLING PEOPLE they have to do what I did.   If a store wants to, so be it, I can choose to go or not go.  But I don't believe the government is here to play recess monitor to the grand playground that is life. 

So where is the line then?   Is it on you  and your family to decide "well, maybe I don't get to go to concerts", or is it on Government to make sure that every concert gets played and only the vaccinated and masked get to see them (note, I said GOVERNMENT, not the promoter or the band). 

First off, believing that the Government should play some role in the public health is not "victim culture". No one expects the Government to keep them safe from all harm. And people who expect the Government to be able to do something about a crisis are also not "victims" with unrealistic expectations about their Government. They want the Governing body they already give like 20-30% of their salary to to do something.

I didn't say that. Government SHOULD play SOME role in the public health.  Doing research, providing information, providing guidelines.  But who has the first priority when there is conflict?  Who has the responsibility if one of the respective parties fails in their duty?  Those are the things that lead to a "victim culture".   I actually don't think we're at cross-purposes here, we're just working through the definitions, where the line is.    Though I will say, you're encroaching on that with your last sentence:  "do something".   That's not the standard, "doing something".   That's the answer when there's a mass killing; government has to "do something".  And they invariably do, our politicians pat each other on the back about how great they are, and there is invariably another, more heinous slaughter some time after, because they're either not able to or not willing to do the RIGHT something.

And that's where the rubber meets the road; Florida is in the news because it's Florida and we have to mock and ridicule when someone disagrees with us, moreso when it's someone like Ron DeSantis who doesn't kowtow.    Yet....  Florida is STILL below the national average for deaths per 1M and those states that did "all the right things" (like mine, and those around me) are still well above them.  Florida has not even 2/3 the deaths/1M that my state has, and we "did something".   Even in cases, Florida is rising, but still not top five when adjusted for population, and the number one state is still a very blue state in New England, and my neighbor to the east. 

I think we're arguing semantics without having the language in front of us.   I'm not accusing you of being a victim, and I'm not saying we should do "nothing".   I'm saying that the victim culture REQUIRES that there be fault and that it be someone else.   I'm less arguing the "someone else" as I am the "that there is fault to begin with".  I feel bad for you and your family.  I'm sensitive to that.  My uncle died of COVID and if my dad gets it, it's likely game over (he lives in Florida, by the way).  I get the need to want everything to be as perfect as it can be, but at the end of the day, there are limitations, and we need to be prepared for that.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1168 on: August 16, 2021, 05:28:34 PM »
Sadly, I call into question anything reported by Florida. Something funny was going on down there where they were trying to hide the real numbers. At least, that seemed to be what might have been happening. I don't remember all the details, I just remember stories regarding shenanigans down there with accurate reporting. Not to mention, that site seems to stop in mid-July with numbers for Florida. We all know they have been a mess the last month with cases, as emtee has clearly pointed out being on the front lines.

Anyway, right on cue, who could have seen this coming?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-school-district-calls-emergency-221412347.html
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 06:57:50 PM by ProfessorPeart »
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Harmony

« Reply #1169 on: August 16, 2021, 05:39:47 PM »
A friend of mine lives in Florida.  Her 5 year old (who was born premature but by all accounts is perfectly healthy) started kindergarten last Monday.  By Wednesday, my friend tested positive for Covid.  She is fully vaccinated.  She felt a little crappy but lost her sense of taste and smell which caused her to get tested.

Her son is now in the hospital for the 2nd time in 2 days with a temp of 106 (while on Tylenol and Motrin every 4 hours), and low oxygen levels.  They were sent home on Saturday likely because they didn't have a bed to spare.  I haven't heard yet if he is still there or has been discharged again.

I can't even begin to imagine how terrified she is right now.

This story is playing out for thousands of families as I type this.  God help us all.

Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1170 on: August 16, 2021, 05:51:47 PM »
That's awful..
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1171 on: August 16, 2021, 06:02:13 PM »
Yeah, that is awful.   I'm sorry.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1172 on: August 16, 2021, 07:04:55 PM »
My son starts school on Wednesday. We're all worried. The district I live in bleeds red and I guess my county is not even 40% vaccinated. We got an email a few days ago from the district superintendent. It was very long and full of all of the ramifications of not following the Governor's school mask mandate. Loaded full of 'our lawyers say' and loaded with legalese (wonder if Stads wrote it for him  :biggrin:). My first impression was, he read the room and knows what to expect. Mentioned the email to my wife later that day and told her that he seems to know what's coming. She then told me that a petition was already making the rounds with the parents to fight the mandate and that she was asked to sign it. She declined.

I fear a big outbreak is coming in our school district.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1173 on: August 17, 2021, 07:14:09 AM »
Harmony, I'm sorry for your pain, and that of your friend.   I hope everyone recovers completely.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1174 on: August 17, 2021, 08:07:26 AM »
So just heard that the team formerly known as the Oakland Raiders are enacting a policy for home games where your options for entry are either proof of vaccination, or you can choose to be vaccinated on the spot. Personally, I love this.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1175 on: August 17, 2021, 08:12:12 AM »
That’s awesome!! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1176 on: August 17, 2021, 08:33:33 AM »
Right? How many staunch 'antivaxxers' will change their minds in three fucking seconds to get into the game? My guess..99.9% of them.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1177 on: August 17, 2021, 09:33:58 AM »
So what have you guys been using to show proof of vaccine for that have it?  I'm going to a concert on Saturday and I don't want to bring the card that I got after the shots.  Would just a picture of it on my phone would be sufficient enough as proof?

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1178 on: August 17, 2021, 09:37:40 AM »
So what have you guys been using to show proof of vaccine for that have it?  I'm going to a concert on Saturday and I don't want to bring the card that I got after the shots.  Would just a picture of it on my phone would be sufficient enough as proof?

I haven't been asked, but California has a vaccine passport app(it shows a QR code that links to my records), but for some reason my second shot isn't registering on it. I'm not the only one with this problem, it's been buggy for a good deal of people. I also have a pic of my card on my phone, and my health provider, Kaiser, has a medical app that can easily access my vaccine records, which show both shots.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1179 on: August 17, 2021, 09:39:50 AM »
New York has an app too.

I also made a colored copy of my card and laminated it for my wallet.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1180 on: August 17, 2021, 09:45:34 AM »

I haven't been asked, but California has a vaccine passport app(it shows a QR code that links to my records), but for some reason my second shot isn't registering on it. I'm not the only one with this problem, it's been buggy for a good deal of people. I also have a pic of my card on my phone, and my health provider, Kaiser, has a medical app that can easily access my vaccine records, which show both shots.

I had that same issue as well.  I went through that California Vaccine passport thing and troubleshoot it and I was informed that it would take 2-3 weeks to update it after I provided some information.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #1181 on: August 17, 2021, 01:15:59 PM »
We are overall doing well now in The Netherlands. But I do worry a bit about the schools opening soon, as the Delta variant apparently does pose a much more significant risk to children than the previous variants that plagued us.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1182 on: August 17, 2021, 01:21:16 PM »
Right? How many staunch 'antivaxxers' will change their minds in three fucking seconds to get into the game? My guess..99.9% of them.
Staunch antivaxers have a great deal of overlap with the people who swore off the NFL years ago. I seriously doubt they'll get many takers.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1183 on: August 17, 2021, 01:29:29 PM »
Staunch antivaxers have a great deal of overlap with the people who swore off the NFL years ago. I seriously doubt they'll get many takers.

It'll probably grab some who are already there, drunk, and that's now their only way to get in.  Then they won't show up for round 2 in a few weeks.  I think it's a novel idea, not sure how effective it will be.  Worth a try. I think most who are anti vax and know about the policy aren't likely do go.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1184 on: August 17, 2021, 01:33:26 PM »

I dunno - I knew several people who were "done with the NFL" years ago. They were KC fans and then Patrick Mahomes became a thing. And then, the Chiefs paraphernalia came back out. It didn't take long.

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #1185 on: August 17, 2021, 01:34:33 PM »

It'll probably grab some who are already there, drunk, and that's now their only way to get in.  Then they won't show up for round 2 in a few weeks.  I think it's a novel idea, not sure how effective it will be.  Worth a try. I think most who are anti vax and know about the policy aren't likely do go.

Could be a Johnson & Johnson shot - one and done.  I think it's a great idea - people who won't want to turn around and drive home might just say "fine, give me the shot." 

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1186 on: August 17, 2021, 01:41:33 PM »
It honestly seems more likely to me that the scalpers and hawkers you walk past on the way to the game will be selling vaccine cards for $25/ea.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1187 on: August 17, 2021, 01:45:57 PM »

Could be a Johnson & Johnson shot - one and done.  I think it's a great idea - people who won't want to turn around and drive home might just say "fine, give me the shot."

Maybe.  I do think it's worth a shot

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1188 on: August 17, 2021, 01:48:57 PM »
It's absolutely worth a shot. They'll probably administer a couple. I just don't think there's much that'll get through to the diehard antivaxers. They've invested too much into their identities as stubborn super-geniuses.
E.F. Benson

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1189 on: August 17, 2021, 01:49:11 PM »

Maybe.  I do think it's worth a shot

:icy:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion